Start by marking “Naughty or Nice” as Want to Read:
Naughty or Nice

Naughty or Nice

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  3,601 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
This winter, the New York Times bestselling author spices things up with something hot.In Naughty or Nice, Eric Jerome Dickey explores the lives of three sisters, each with their own man problems. But this holiday season, Frankie, Livvy, and Tommie McBroom are not only getting together, but finally gettin' it together-and discovering what family, sisterhood, and love are a ...more
Published October 5th 2004 by Dutton (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Naughty or Nice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty or Nice

Nicole Bedford
Man who would have though that we would get to know exactly who the twins were that was mentioned when Frankie was talking to her sisters...lol. I read Pleasures before reading this one so when they mentioned Frankie and then reading this one they mentioned the twins....I was in awe of this man all over again. He is such an amazing talent when it comes to pen to paper and I absolutely adore his work. Another good one from Dickey!
The Reading Cove Book Club ❦
TBR Potluck Challenge
Annalicia Taylor
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone above 18
Recommended to Annalicia by: Librarian
I must say I did enjoyed reading this book. I love the relationship between the three sisters, especially the way that they look out for each other. My favorite was Livvy because she mostly reminded me of myself. And as always I'm always hoping that there would be a book two waiting for me to read. I personally think that Eric should have continued the novel into the New Years, because I wanted more.
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good read. I wasn't sure when I first picked it up, but after the prologue I was sold. I loved the relationship the sisters shared and there support they shared for each other. There bond was arable. There trials of lost of loved ones and broken relationships was noted and familiar. Great ending!!!
NANCY BERNADEL
Jan 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring!

Very slow in the beginning. Only got better the last few pages! To slow to reveal details or background of the characters. I only kept reading because I love most of this author's book. But this was NOT my favorite book from this author.
Bggrlzdntcry
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the relationship between the sisters. It was authentic and funny and heartwarming.
Latiffany
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I reread this title in preparation for the sequel, which I believe is being released at the end of this month. I thought I remembered most of the story line, but as it turns out I was completely wrong. I merged this story line with another one, so to be honest this felt like a first read. Dickey's faithful readers know that his plots have shifted and include stories about assassins, heists, sex dens, etc. It was nice to read a story from him about ordinary people made a bit extraordinary when a ...more
Megan
Jul 08, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adultfiction
THis was okay. THe story follows three sisters searching for love, sex, meaning, and shoes. (But not necesarily in that order for each.) I have a really hard time remembering names, in case you haven't already noticed that in my reviews. I rarely mention characters names. That being said, certain storylines in this book were more compelling than others. One sister searches for love on the internet, another looks for anonymous sex to help heal a broken heart (it remains to be seen if anyone reall ...more
Destiny
This was a decent book. It had some really powerful messages and sayings about love, marriage, and relationships. I loved the relationship between the sisters. I listened to the audiobook. I chose this book because I am a fan of EJD, plus I wanted to read the book before the sequel came out. Livie, Frankie and Tommie were three sisters who were having issues in the love department. Livie was married and had been betrayed. Tommie was a battered woman afraid to love, but wanting to love and be lov ...more
qwer tatum
This is a link
Link to Steve Jobs
Link to J.K.Rowling
Display an image
This is bold text.
This is italic text.
This text is underlined.
This text is striked out.
This would be indented text.
This is block quote
This would be a new paragraph on GR.com but not a new paragraph on the device.
This contains spoiler material.
Kristine (fezabel)
Jul 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, holiday
I loved this book. I've read other books by this author and they're all worth reading. The characters are lively and real, the story moves along and keeps one interested, the holiday theme is present but not overwhelming and it has a good message of love and family. My only drawback is that the characters don't really stand out from others he has written. They're almost stereotypical images.

Definitely worth picking up. Enjoy.
Buki
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is so much fun! The narrative voice is like that of Carrie Bradshaw from "Sex and the City" crossed with Sookie Stackhouse from the Vampire series. Throw in the amazing sisterhood in "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd, and you have a book that does not stop delivering. Also, this is strictly for grown-ups.
How a man writes women like Eric Jerome Dickey is a wonderful mystery! I am getting everything else he has written!
Jerome Pritchard
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining book. I couldn't put it down from the very first page. Drawn into the intricate lives of these women, I felt I became a part of their lives. I laughed and cried and enjoyed every moment of it. What made this book for me was the close bond these sisters had. They had a great relationship and stuck together even when life got tough. I'm grateful for reading. I highly recommend.
Nadia Jules
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I listened to the audio version and it was GREAT! I finished it in 2 days. The characters aren't perfect and I really liked that. They weren't perfect but they were realistic. I understood why they decided to do what they did even if it wasn't the best decision. I got very emotionally involved in the characters and their outcome, especially Livvy. I think the book wrapped up well, though I wish it was a bit longer. I would highly recommend this book.
Lady Z
EJD must have an excellent consultant for female experiences and emotions. No mere mortal man could know the nuances and thought processes of the feminine mind as is shown in his work. He has captured all the things a woman feels and thinks when she encounters the events his characters do in this story. Loved the SURPRISING TWIST!
Lisa Magee
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I started reading this book because I was searching for a good Christmas book. This book has NOTHING to do with Christmas other than the events taking place happen to be in the month of December, but could have happened in any month. I did enjoy this, but it is not for anyone who has issues with language or promiscuity.
Erika
Oct 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an okay bittersweet book; I've read better and it made me very emotional. Thought about my own past and kind of wanted to fix it haha. It kind of reminded me of Shame On It All by Zane just way more depressing. It's not really a holiday novel, just 3 women with man problems that coincidentally happened around the holidays.
Mike P
Jun 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
Have read this author before. Very disappointed. Not sure if this was to be a Christmas story or what. If so, how depressing in spite of the contrived "all ends well" conclusion. Skip this novel. However, if you decide not to, my opinion is "The End" was not worth the time invested to discover the meaning of "The End".
SK Payne
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
An interesting read. I enjoyed reading about these three women who were so different but yet wanted the same thing...to find that special someone. I was shocked at the ending. Carpe was the worst. Left me feeling like I wanted to hit him. I guess EJD did his thing because I was satisfied once again......
Jeremy Allen Phelps
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I find Eric jerome Dickey to be a very talented writer with a gift for telling a story. The characters in here are vivid, they are imaginable, they are in my head when I put the book down. For the week or so it took me to read this book I was engaged into the world he created. That, to me, is a sign of a writer who knows story telling. Nicely done.
Christy Walker
Mar 24, 2010 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book because it seemed interesting. Indeed it had some major pluses (strong characters, intersting visuals, great author). But overall, I didn't like it as much as I wanted to like it. There were a bit too many trite, overused phrases, and unfortunately, a telegraphed ending. It was a fair read, just didn't blow my socks off.
Kayla Berdis
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book ever by Eric Jerome Dickey. I have all of these books. Currently reading one of them.
However, naughty or nice was what grabbed me to get more of his books. I would love my book to get signed.
Spike Pedersen
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Another great score from this author of powerful characters. But the shot in time of the lives of these sisters is all you get and there was no storyline. Not as good as his other 5-star-books, but a good read.
Cece
Jan 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Love, sex, and materialistic, is what readers can expect. Not a bad book, it follows the life of 3 sisters each with different issues, loves, and joys. This is still an entertaining read and recomend it for Jerome fans.
Amy
Nov 23, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you like a book with a lot of swear words and erotic sex scenes, this book is for you. I had thought that this book was a holiday novel, the only thing holiday about it was the fact it took place around Christmas. Not my type of book.
Lizzbetty
As good the second time around

I read this book when it first came out years ago. Of course I needed to get reacquainted with the characters in order to read the follow up story. Now I'm ready for more.
jennifer  Cook
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!!!!!

I have read several of this author books and each one is exciting as the last. Please don't sleep on Eric Jerome Dickey!!! This book is awesome. About to start the 2nd book in this series!
Skai
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm sorry, but I couldn't get pass chapter one of this book. I don't know if it was because the book started off Slowwwww or what but ugh! Lol, I might try to reread this book since I own half of Eric Jerome Dickey books.

I believe I own all his books lmao.
Shani Greene-Dowdell
Great read.
Rachel
Apr 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Great story about three sisters, Great read for Christmas Holidays!!!!! You will laugh and enjoy this quick read!!!!!!
  • Not a Day Goes By
  • A Do Right Man
  • Player Haters
  • Can't Get Enough
  • When Somebody Loves You Back (Soulmates Dissipate, #6)
  • Changing Faces
  • God's Gift to Women
  • One Day I Saw a Black King
Eric Jerome Dickey was born in Memphis, Tennessee and attended the University of Memphis (the former Memphis State), where he earned his degree in Computer System Technology. In 1983, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in engineering.

After landing a job in the aerospace industry as a software developer, Eric Jerome Dickey's artistic talents surfaced, inspiring him to become an actor and a
More about Eric Jerome Dickey...

“Denial is a defense mechanism, all about self-preservation.” 0 likes