Start by marking “The Devil's Game” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Game

The Devil's Game

What would you do if a man claiming to be the devil himself showed up in your town?

From bestselling Christian fiction author Daniel Patterson comes his latest Christian fiction suspense thriller, The Devil's Game.

One part thriller, one part suspense, and a touch of romance, The Devil's Game is an uplifting story about a young pastor whose work takes an unexpected turn wh
Published June 13th 2013 by Daniel Patterson

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Game

Deborah
I have to admit to feeling fairly disappointed with this somewhat predictable, really unsubtle spiritual warfare novel. Very pale shades of Peretti.

Where Peretti grabs the reader and holds them with gripping stories and characters, The Devil's Game did not have that type of hold at all. The characters, including Satan, were very stereotypical and I did not feel any great sense of connection to them or their cliché-named town, Harmony.

Although unintentional, I'm sure, the strongest message commu
Melba
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian fiction fans
This book was very interesting to me, and I enjoyed getting to know the characters a bit. I do wish the book had been a bit longer with more details, and I didn't want it to end where it did. I am hoping that there will be another book, making this a new series by the author.
Stanley
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Nice story but missing one major character. Jesus was a no show, not even an honorary mention. How does a Pastor spar with Satan and not employ the name of the One who has defeated him?
Sherri
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Quick read. Not very thought provoking.
Steve
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is a quick read, which in my opinion is one of its best qualities. The prospect of a modern confrontation with the devil in the flesh is one that I found intriguing as I prepared to read this book, but for me it lacked a level of depth that would have made it more interesting and enjoyable.

I feel like the characters and the story itself are both relatively shallow, which result in a disengaged and uninterested reader. Also, the idea that the devil has the level of control over individu
Ellen White
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sinister voice telling the older reverend he didn’t look so good. He had gone to the police , and to end with giving words of forgiveness, As the killer squeezed the life from him. James had been at this church for three months, coming straight from the seminar. New man in this small community looking not young nor old. What was he here for, they soon found out. Going and praying for those door to door, praying as a united front saved many, Hopefully nothing like that comes again.
Deloris  Mercer
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book

Thank you Mr. Patterson for writing this great book. It was a wonderful read.
The characters were especially good and the setting was great.
Lot's of twists and turns. Will recommend to lots of people.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Not since Stephen King or Frank Peretti have I come across such an exceptional Christian Supernatural Suspense until I picked up Daniel Patterson's The Devil's Game. In fact if you asked Simon Paradis, Harmony's newest resident, he would tell you that you have lived yet until you have met him. Things are going to get a whole lot more interesting for the people in Harmony. What they don't realize is that their very souls are on the line and the last time, Simon came to town, every single person d ...more
Virginia
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good standalone fiction-book with God in the mix

This was a pretty good story. It's about a priest who fights Satan in human form, from destroying a small town. It talks a lot about God and faith by way of the main character, a young pastor with a new congregation. I enjoyed it but if prayers and discussions about faith and believing in God bother you, then this is not a book for you.
Tammy Lawrick
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fairly short book, but a good read. Interesting concept; kept my attention the entire time, wondering what would happen next. Was disappointed by what at first seemed like a rather abrupt ending, but the more I thought about it, I decided it was appropriate. It also left the door wide open for additional chapters to this story, which I hope will happen.
Elizabeth Kling
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun and interesting read

it has a good pace. easy to follow. a lot if truth in it. only concern is the idea that Satan or his demons could read our minds. they can place thoughts in our minds so that was true to scripture. like the humility of the young pastor. Will read more of Patterson's books.
Manoj Singh
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book kept me interested till the end justifying the classification to the thriller genre. The plot development can be improved by involving characters from slightly more diverse backgrounds. The Novel has a wonderful faith element to it and is a great christian novel.
Judy Stephens
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Disappointed

Basic good verses evil plot with with a rather poor near romance. After reading The Tindale Code and Codex this was a let down. Not the quality I was expecting. I believe 3 stars is generous. Not going to read the sequel.
Shelly
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
great suspenseful read!!
Amy Walker
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

A good fictional story with biblical truths mixed into the action. It makes one wonder how many physical problems have spiritual causes.
Lamarr
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very impressed with this spiritual suspense. This was a very fast paced novel, easy read, yet, very thought provoking. I really enjoyed it!
Felicia Timoteo
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good book I recommended to others.
Amanda Boone
Aug 29, 2013
Sherman,
Jan 31, 2016
Angela
rated it did not like it
Aug 04, 2016
Sep 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Book added to the wrong author 3 25 Jul 01, 2013 12:15AM

• The Thirteenth Demon, Altar of the Spiral Eye
  • Mosaic (Harbingers #5-8)
  • Terminus
  • Rapture's Rain
  • Rearview (7 Hours #1)
  • The Remnant
  • Gravestone (Solitary Tales, #2)
  • On the Edge: A Novel of Spiritual Warfare
  • The Maze
  • Enemies of the Cross (Warrior, #3)
  • Angelguard (Chronicles of the Angelguard #1)
  • The Aleppo Code  (The Jerusalem Prophecies, #3)
  • Bones of Fire
  • Wounds
  • The Guardian
  • Beckon
  • The Judgment Stone  (Immortal Files #2)
  • Lethal Remedy (Prescription for Trouble, #4)
“possibly want to show him. There was just a row of pictures lined up and evenly spaced. Evenly spaced, except for the last one on the right. That one looked like it had been” 0 likes
“You know the thing about hope?" Simon asked. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for. Without faith, hope is... well, like an empty paper sack—light and easy to carry but absolutely useless.” 0 likes