Start by marking “Fall of Darkness (The Darkness Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fall of Darkness (The Darkness Chronicles, #1)

Fall of Darkness

(The Darkness Chronicles #1)

One woman, the fate of the world in her unknowing hands. One man, sworn to destroy her. A love so strong it defies nature. In a world of obsession, deception and betrayal, the line between good and evil fades, but one truth remains absolute. Darkness must fall.

For centuries, werewolf, Dominic Ridolfi, has battled the demons of the night, upholding the sacred pact to protec
ebook, 1, 364 pages
Published July 5th 2013 by Elle Bright

To ask other readers questions about Fall of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fall of Darkness

*Book*Worm*Mommy*
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It has a little bit of everything- romance, comedy, drama, suspense, and action.The plot is compelling, the heroine is relatable, the hero is delicious, the author's voice is fresh and witty, and the dialogue is natural. The story flowed well and I was sucked in from the start. I can't wait for the next one!
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
I was provided with an ARC copy of this book by the author for an honest review.
Meet Kate, who has no idea that her mere existence could be the salvation of one race and the down fall of another.
Meet Dominic, who is sent to assassinate Kate in order to save his race from the prophecy that is Kate.
Kate is a vampire and Dominic a werewolf and their families are mortal enemies. Kate is oblivious to this fact.
Killing Kate should be easy for Dominic, after all this is what he is trained for. This i
Niccisbookblog
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What happens when your the one sent to kill the vampire heiress, the one that could destroy all that you know, only to have the shocking feeling your looking at your soul mate?
Your body is not held to the ground by gravity, but a beautiful kind hearted woman. Dominic is about to find out. Dominic is the big strong fearless alpha, a great warrior but is he about to betray his family and his entire race for Kate.
This book is the first from indie author Elle Bright, and what a way to begin!
Fall fro
Tracie
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
....Kate loves chocolate.....I would have agree so do I. Kate & Dominic & Alexander will take you into the depths of their world's.
Someone will win & Someone will lose... The price is high for each ... betrayal ....within each of them...

it's an ..oh so dreamy ..hotter-than-hell-Superhero kind of book..

Where the park hadn't changed a bit,as though frozen in time like a photograph ...kind of book

To the ...TO DO LIST....
PICK THEM # 24 ...#167, #72, # 48, kind of book .

Who is Katerina Ca
Marinda
This book was a gift from the author Elle Bright
for an honest review. This is her debut novel and it is a wonderfully
written story of love, family, vampires, werewolves, ancient
prophecies, and betrayals. Kate is a nurse who is attacked one night
and Dominic rescues her and they develop a relationship that leads to
love. When Dominic reveals the secret that he knows her true heritage
and Kate is a vampire and he a werewolf Kate leaves him thinking he is
crazy. Later after she finds out he was right,
Brandy Lynn
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I was super stoked when I received an ARC of this novel from the author. I LOVE vampires and werewolves so I was super excited to start it. Let me tell you the author did not disappoint! I was so sucked into Dominic and Kate’s story and the secret. Oh the secret he is keeping from Kate. Can their love survive? Is it possible for an assassin and the one you’re sent to kill to fall for each other. This story had everything I was hoping for…..lust, love, hotness, vamps, humor, and a little sus ...more
Emma Shade
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Fall of Darkness. If I could describe this book in one word it would be WOW! The author is amazing with descriptions, character development, and the story line. It was a hard book to put down, and found myself lacking sleep, because I had to know what was going to happen. Dominic and Kate's story captured my heart. This is a must read!
Rose Cassidy
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-s
A book that truly made me question love and sacrifices. For what truly is love without sacrifices? Theirs was the greatest of all sacrifices beautifully portrayed. Absolutely amazing! The "love of a women," "thoughtless intensity," "branded on his heart." Captivating! "Going against "nature." Forgetting sins, forgiving before, nothing done that would stain their love. Entirely enlightening!
Sláinte Wanderlust
Expected much more. The characters seemed childish, the insta love was ridiculous, the fact her parent accepted the insta love was even more ridiculous, the "love" triangle.. UGH.

A word of advice.
Tori
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all -- romance, the excitement of a paranormal world, betrayal, comedy, sacrifice, well-developed and lovable/relatable characters, and a great story-telling voice. This book is a "Wow"! This author definitely has a bright future. She is one of the best-kept secrets of her genre!

I love to read, but even books I thoroughly enjoy take me a couple of weeks because of my crazy schedule. Not this book! I read this in under four days because I couldn't help but make the time! So, you
Lee Mavin
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Fall of Darkness is an addictive book that satisfied all of my Vampire/werewolf needs. I was one of those border line readers of the genre, still hurt from that vile Twilight series and almost sworn off anything Vampire related. This book has redeemed my faith in anything Vampirish and even though it deals with a Vampire/werewolf vampire royalty love triangle, (its not TWILIGHT) it does it in such a fresh way and basically destroys any previous attempt i.e Underworld Movies series, in the pr ...more
Zane Yates
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: solid-5-star
I personally don't give out 5 Stars just to be nice, I believe that it lowers the bar when everyone rates every book at 5. This book is an exception, it deserves every star.
I bought this book, based on a lot of chatter on Facebook about it, and the wonderful cover. This is one time I am very glad I took notice of the chatter, and judged a book by its cover. I wasn't disappointed.
Though the star-crossed lover story has been done over once or twice, Elle Bright has written a excellent fresh story,
Emily
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Werewolf Dominic Ridolfi has been sent to kill Kate, a woman who unbeknownst to her, is from a long line of vampires. It should have been straight forward, but Dominic finds himself drawn to Kate even though an attraction between the two would be forbidden. When Dominic ends up rescuing Kate, he can't stay away and finds himself falling hard for her and it is mutual.

Everything combusts though when the inevitable happens and Kate turns. Everything Kate thought she knew about Dominic is a lie, or
Amy Engberson
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is honestly one of the greatest romance novels I have ever read. It sucked me in from the start. I couldn't put it down! I just can't wait for the next one to come out. It ends with you wanting more! I LOVED it!!!!
Ed Dasso
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't even much of a fan of vampire books until I read, "Fall of Darkness." New author Elle Bright has not only hit a home run but converted me to the genre. Well done!
Netanella
This is a feel-good paranormal romance of star-crossed lovers, staring a werewolf assassin and a vampire princess in a centuries old fued that could rival the Montagues and Capulets. No literary pretentions here, however, just a straight up, old fashioned love story that reads as if you're eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream in your favorite relaxed jeans. The insta-Lust turns to insta-Love, the werewolf assassin is incredibly wealthy and swoops up our poor little princess in an almost Ci ...more
Sammie
When I read the blurb for this book all I could think of were the Underworld movies so I had to give it a try! (plus it was free, and that's always a plus!)

So let me break it down -
>Werewolves vs Vampires in a centuries old feud.
>Werewolves want to kill prophecy(and vampire) Kate Murdock/Katerina Cacciatoni.
>Que werewolf Dominic Ridolfi - Vampire Assassin.
>Dominic meet Kate. And que forbidden werewolf/vampire love.

...Like I said, It's pretty much the plot to Underworld.

I have serious
Roxanne Kade
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of Paranormal Romances, and Werewolves are my ultimate favorite paranormal creature, so when Dominic Ridolfi walked into my life, it was almost the end of me. Damn! He was one fine specimen.

But before my review turns into an ode to Dominic...

This book was exciting. I've read many Paranormal Romances, most of which include Vampires and Werewolves, and I'm always intrigued by how the author will spin the tale of these two creatures. I loved the idea of Kate being human in the begin
Monica **can't read fast enough**
This is the debut novel by Elle Bright and this paranormal tale is based on the werewolf versus vampire theme. Kate is the key to the fulfillment of a prophecy that she isn't even aware of. Kate has nightmares where she sees a version of herself that is evil and she is being chased by a dark creature that she can't quite make out or recognize. Her parents died in a car accident when she was very young and she was adopted soon after, so Kate has no real sense of her family history, and absolutely ...more
Algel Crestfall
Visit my tour stop at The Literary Panda

When I first signed up for the tour, I chose to post just an excerpt. But then I realized that I should not let the chance pass by to read a book with a plot that interests me a lot. I told myself, "Damn it, Algel! It's a werewolf-vampire kind of romance! You should read it!" And the decision I made didn't make me regret. Fall of Darkness is such a great story to read.

So, what's up with the werewolf-vampire romance?

As far as I know, it's a forbidden kind o
Alicia
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
I downloaded a sample of Fall of Darkness on a whim and was intrigued. First of all, it was a really long sample. Secondly, it kinda hooked me even though the hero was a werewolf. That is super rare. This girl greatly dislikes werewolf stories but a nurse turning into a vampire with a werewolf hit man? I'll bite...

Anyway!

At $2.99 I decided to continue my read and purchased it... annnnd the first chapter after the sample ended began the dreaded "two characters fall deeply, madly, ridiculously in
Katrina
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5* Kate loves chocolate - well, so do I,specially very dark one, with a slightly bitter edge to it (no white (shudders) or milk chocolate for this girl) and this book is like a fine dark chocolate - irresistible, decadent pure self-indulgence that you can feel right down to your toes. As a debut novel, Ms Bright did an exceptional job in bringing it to life. The story line is engrossing, the characters are appealing, well-defined and multi-layered, the settings are opulent and the romance, lik ...more
Brandy Nacole
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-books
An amazing debut novel!

Dominic is a werewolf and has just been assigned to go get rid of the doom of his race, Kate. Kate is a vampire and her fate is believed to be the end of Dominic's race, although she is oblivious to all of this. But when Dominic meets Kate, he pauses, not expecting the compassion beauty he finds, even though his race is depending on him.

Elle Bright has laid out a great foundation for the start of this promising series. The flow and connection with the characters was perfe
Monica
Mar 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Not what I was expecting, and not in a good way.

So DNF the book. I always try to finish my books especially when I've spent almost $4 on one.

Let me explain why, so please look away now because it will CONTAIN SPOILERS.

First off he watches her being molested then beaten within an inch of her life. Then when she finally is beaten unconscious he decides finally to intervene. WHAT THE FREAK!

Then they fall in love. Uh yeah I don't think so.
Raina {The LUV'NV}
Fall of Darkness blog tour happening October 28th to November 9th, 2013.
Hayden
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book from 'cover to cover' in one sitting. I couldn't put it down! Definitely a must read!
Lori Palle
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“How could he possibly protect the one he must destroy?”–Dom’s thoughts

After getting assaulted, Kate’s luck turns around as she’s rescued by gorgeous Dominic Ridolfi and swept away in an epic romance. Unfortunately, her fairy tale doesn’t end with a happily ever after, and instead morphs into a tale of vampires, werewolves, and a prophesy where she’s the star attraction. Dominic promises to stay by her side forever despite the fact that as a vampire and werewolf, they were born to be enemies. Th
The Book and The Harlot's Blog
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Elle did a fantastic job on her debut novel. There was just one part in the book that ruined my initial five star rating. I’m not specifically naming the scene just because I want to attempt to avoid spoilers in case someone hasn’t read it. But, the part in question, I viewed as being a turning point for Dominic and Kate’s relationship; whether it would be strictly platonic or full on romantic. That part is one of several critical points in the book, and it let me down. Not because it was poorly ...more
Leary
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm a serious..SERIOUS sucker for paranormal romances, especially vampire/werewolf romances. Fall of Darkness was a fantastic paranormal romance. I LOVED the connection the Dominic and Kate had throughout the entire story. I was so mad at Dominic for awhile for not sharing the truth with Kate sooner. But really..who could blame him?! I'd want to get my hooks in real deep before I gave the blow that he had to give.

Kate is an amazing young woman who loves her family, friends, and her job as a nur
Claire
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a book RIGHT UP MY STREET!
Good storyline, sexy vamps, sexy weres....what more could a paranormal lover want!!

Dont want to give the whole storyline away so will try to make you want to read it without telling you too much!

Like alot of para books, weres and vamps are arch enemies. no difference here.
The only difference is that our main character Kate is neither...yet...
As an assassin for his pack, Domonic is sent to literally find Kate and shoot and kill he before she can turn.

• After the Fall (Broken Angel, #2)
  • Eternity and a Day (Desires of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Consume Me (Burning Desire, #1)
  • Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick  (Sydney Sedrick #1)
  • Forgotten Enemy (The Powers Of Influence, #1)
  • Last Rites (Lucy Hart, Rites, #1)
  • Rising Dawn (The Jessica Dawn Series, #1)
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • Call of the Wilds (Black Wolf Gorge, #1)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
  • Dark Dates (Cassandra Bick Chronicles #1)
  • Alpha Mine (The Alpha Council Chronicles, #1)
  • Jump (The Senses, #1)
  • Blood Guilt (Blood Hunters, #1)
  • Fangs, Fur and Mistletoe (Mystic Isle, #1)
  • Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife
  • Immortal Protector (The Immortals, #1)

The Darkness Chronicles (2 books)
  • Dark Redemption (The Darkness Chronicles, #2)
“Dominic Chocolate!!!” 1 likes