Start by marking “Double Jeopardy” as Want to Read:
Double Jeopardy

Double Jeopardy

This edition has been scrapped by the publisher.
Published June 12th 2013 by Indireads Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Double Jeopardy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Jeopardy

Aditi
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Double Jeopardy by Sundari Venkatraman is another gripping yet passionate love-story revolving around three individuals, which we happen to call a love-triangle. This is a sweet, simple and not so fussy romantic novella, which will yet once again leave you thoroughly entertained till the very end.

Thanks to the author, Sundari Venkatraman, for giving me this opportunity to read and review her book.

Sanya, once a spoilt little, who always had a crush on her childhood friend, Arth, who is the twin
Rubina
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Not at all what I expected. I had expected the story to be of two brothers in love with the same girl. But obviously Sundari Venkatraman was expecting that for she gave this story a complete twist. A bold twist.
So how do I brief it without giving much away. Hmmm……

She…..

She is Sanya. A spoilt brat with a childhood crush. She travels from London to Mumbai. She has so hoped for the love of her life, Arth, to pick her up from the airport but instead she got the infuriating twin, Ansh, waiting for he
Vicki
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wonderful sweet Bollywood-style romance where the heroine loves two men who just happen to be twins. This book raises a lot of interesting issues about sexuality, the idea of being in love and listening to your own heart despite what your head might say.
Maria
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sanya has been the childhood companion of the handsome twin brothers, Arth and Ansh. Arth was her childhood hero and she nurtured a dream in her heart that she’d get together with him one day. Ansh, on the other hand, was the bane of her life, who teased her, taunted her and made her life miserable with his pranks. It’s been a few years, and Sanya has met the brothers again. Now she’s ready to make Arth her own. But something strange is afoot. Ansh is the one lavishing attention on the now ravis ...more
Byrappa
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Byrappa by: Jaibala
Shelves: romance
Disclaimer: I received this book from the author and/or the publisher and The Book Club in exchange for an honest review.

Double Jeopardy by Sundari Venkatraman is short romantic novella, which by judging its cover, looks like a triangle love story, telling the story of Sanya who is caught between her childhood crush for Arth, and the unexplainable feeling she has for Ansh.

What I like…

Sundari has created characters that are at once both likeable and relatable. The characters, their personalities,
Shilpa Garg
Double Jeopardy is a 55 page eBook which I finished reading in an hour! It is a hot and spicy, is coming of age story of a young girl, Sanya! The book is about Sanya’s journey to woo her childhood love along with finding her true calling and listening to her heart despite the disapproval from the head. It is a story packed with love, romance and passion.

The author has a nice style to her writing. She is able to grab onto the emotion, focus her story on the characters while also keeping the reade
Priti
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book is aptly titled “Double Jeopardy” as it talks about the agony which Sanya goes through while making a decision of whom to choose. Ansh and Arth are mirror images of each other but what Sanya feels for them is totally opposite to each other. The book has been beautifully written and rightly describes the pain and the confusion which Sanya goes through. It is a very sweet romantic book which is a complete piece of entertainment and thoroughly enjoyable.

The best part of the book is the way
Arti
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I love books which are romantic and have happy endings. And to say that this book was a nice, short and sweet read, would not be the right description of the book. It was toooooooo good. I can read it once again. The story is simple and the characters, especially Sanya, are relatable. The language is simple and the flow, good. The author has beautifully portrayed human relationships. The plot was interesting; very different from what I expected. The author has described the feelings of the chara ...more
Roopa Raveendran Menon
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sundari Venkatraman’s Double Jeopardy is completely contemporary-right from its cover, title to its overall feel. Set against the backdrop of urban India, Sundari Venkatraman has successfully managed to weave a sizzling, Bollywood style love story with ease. The liberal attitudes and mindset of all the characters clearly keeps with the urbane milieu of the book making it a very refreshing read. With her perky writing style Sundari Venkatraman has effectively managed to let the reader indulge in ...more
Zeenat Mahal
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to say Double Jeopardy surprised me. I expected a completely fun and frolic kind of romance but it is much, much more than just that. Extremely well written, Double Jeopardy explores sensitive social issues, fraternal bonds, a young girl’s journey of self-discovery and of course love.
Sundari’s rendition of an Indian household is interesting and gives a non-Indian a wonderful insight into it. One can’t help but fall in love with all the characters, because Sundari’s etched them all, with s
Nilima
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nilima by: Sundari Venkatraman
Double fix...Finished reading in flat 2 hours, that hard to put down

So after months of pushing and controlling the temptation to read Sundari Venkatraman's new novel Double Jeopardy, I finished it today in flat 2 hours ! Ya, it was that hard to put down and patting myself for giving her the apt Title-The Indian Mills & Boon Queen :D

Read the review here:
Angela Peixoto
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always I feel sad when I see the end of Sundari Venkatraman's books but they never fail to give me loads of pleasure whilst I'm reading them. "Twin Torment" is yet again another winner.
S
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful sweet story. Enjoyed it like all of other stories from Sundari. It definitely had a Bollywood touch but was cute nonetheless.
Neelima Vinod
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sweet Bollywood romance with loads of compassion. So many preconceived notions about love, orientation and twins have been dealt with. Enjoyed reading Double Jeopardy!
Inderpreet Uppal
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

The premise of the book is evident from the title ‘Twin Torment'’ as well as the cover; that it still manages to surprise the reader is what is special about the book. The story traces the unrest in the mind and life of Sanya, a rich, pampered girl.

The story is handled in a mature fashion which appeals to readers past their 20’s even though it is about a young girl. The hallmark of a good romance is that it attracts all with its ‘love story’. All age groups can identify with the dilemma the ma
Jaibala
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
For a perennial romantic at heart, what can be a more appealing read than a love story bollywood style by the Indian Mills & Boon Queen. To say that I was looking forward to read Double Jeopardy by Sundari Venkatraman, is an understatement. And it did not disappoint. An out and out romantic story of a girl caught between two guys, her childhood crush the serious, considerate and dependable Arth and the playful, prankster Ansh who keeps wooing her and vying for her attention.

As Sanya tries t
Sugandha Agrawal
Mar 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Before I begin the review, I’d like to give a highlight of my day on which I downloaded this book from Indireads, i.e. yesterday.

My day yesterday began at 5 am and consisted of 600 km travel through the day. It was supposed to end at 10 owing to a headache. At about 9.45, just checking mail before I slept, I decided to download the book from Indireads and prepare myself to read it the next day.

One the download was completed, my phone automatically opened the file for me to preview.

What began as
Vishal
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

Rom-com is the flavor of the season and many authors are flocking the market with their uninhibited take on sex, sensuality and new age romance. What distinguishes Sundari Venkatraman take on this new age romance is that the novel is not restricted to candy floss or mushy stuffs neither it is all bout’ sex. In one sentence: Sassy twin love story with a twist that will hold your breath. The book efficiently explores the complexity of human relationships, yearning for a partner and the sensitive p
Sumeetha Manikandan
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Two guys and one girl. Initially when I read the blurb, I secretly wondered whether this could be the modern version of old hindi movie, ‘Ek Phool Do Mali’. But this fiction is quite unlike any of the normal run-of-the-mill romance that M & B churns out regularly.

Sanya is in love with the warm hearted Arth. Arth is polite, friendly and charming. While his identical twin Ansh is a charming rogue. Unable to forget Arth, her childhood hero Sanya comes to Mumbai. Her sojourn to Mumbai is for var
Shweta Ganesh Kumar
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
This one is so Bollywood!
A gorgeous heroine who finds her calling when she returns to her roots and two handsome hunks, twin brothers who are alike only in appearance and nothing else.
A quick read about young love and old crushes – Sundari Venkatraman’s Double Jeopardy is a fun read with characters that make you want to fall in love all over again.
Shuchi Kalra
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Spicy, saucy and sensual, Double Jeopardy is the perfect weekend read (i finished it in two hours flat). I specially loved how Sundari has brought out the sizzling chemistry between the protagonists without sounding tacky. All through the book, I was wondering how this would look as a Bollywood movie – anyone vying for the rights?
Mkittysamom
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance, Literary, Indie Fans
Recommended to Mkittysamom by: Sundari Venkatraman
Twins, love triangle ? Oh my! From spoiled brat to a grown woman Sanya travels from England to Mumbai in search of her dream love..but all is not how she left it 11 years ago..will she accept the twin who annoyed her or the one who rescued her?
Yamini Vijendran
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
hot and spicy... twice over...
Gauri Kekre
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read the full review here:
Rajnit Kohli
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I

I have read all her books by now she writes well
Light and quick on the read .short and sweet

Devika Fernando
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book mainly for two reasons: Firstly, the cover is gorgeous. Secondly, I’ve never been able to resist a story with twins (I even wrote one myself). There’s a third reason too. I know that Sundari Venkatraman’s books will entertain me and give me a feel-good vibe, and might even steam up my day with some sensual action. “Twin Torment” didn’t let me down on any of these counts.

Sanya is a lovely heroine. Spunky, a bit stubborn and self-righteous, full of energy and searching for somet
Leena Varghese
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always loved stories about twins! I have twin siblings, so I know how fascinating it is. I like the way the author has shown the female protagonist's growth as the story progresses and the choices she makes. All the best for more!
krishnakant joshi
Very casual

General in nature not very good to remember. Not a thought provoking and romantic novel . Very much General in nature
Anil Swarup
An ordinary book with a pedestrian story.
Reshma Ranjan
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you confuse your teenage crush as love … And your love as lust ......
Even worse when you doubt your feelings now for someone else (wait not someone else but your crush’s twin) to be lust and not love….
Growing up in a haze holding onto your crush and slowly starting to believe you are in love with your crush even after not having met him.... Sounds crazy?
Well then Sanya is crazy.
Grab this for a quick romantic read to see how Sanya is struggling with her feelings for the tormenting twin Ans

• Wedding Shenanigans: Or, how Rayna grapples with heartbreak, scandal and a hot hotelier
  • The Perfect Groom
  • Butterfly Season
  • She Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
  • Rightfully Wrong Wrongfully Right
  • Carthick's Unfairy Tales
  • Hell to Pay (What Doesn't Kill You #7; Emily #3)
  • Soul Warrior (The Age of Kali, #1)
  • He FIXED the MATCH she fixed him
  • Scarlet Revenge
  • Maya's New Husband
  • Witch Hunter Olivia (Witch Hunter, #1)
  • The Soul Trapper (Superpowers Romance #3)
  • More Than He Expected (Millionaires of Manhattan #2)
Sundari Venkatraman is an indie author who has 41 titles (37 books & 4 collections) to her name, all Top 100 Bestsellers on Amazon India, Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Amazon Canada and Amazon Australia in both romance as well as Asian Drama categories. Her latest hot romances have all been on #1 Bestseller slot in Amazon India for over a month.

Even as a kid, Sundari absolutely loved the ‘lived happi