Start by marking “Deathwatch (Broslin Creek, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deathwatch (Broslin Creek, #1)

Deathwatch

(Broslin Creek #1)

As the only person who can identify the most notorious hit man in the country, Kat Bridges is running for her life.

Murphy Dolan is in the Army Reserves, returning from his 2nd tour of duty, only to find a stranger hiding in his house. She's scared spitless. He's completely burned-out on violence. Neither of them has any trust left to give.

If the best of the FBI couldn't
Published August 19th 2013 (first published August 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Deathwatch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deathwatch

Start your review of Deathwatch (Broslin Creek, #1)
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the series Broslin Creek #1 by Dana Marton. Kat Bridges witnesses a murder and the FBI fails to catch the bad guy so Kat goes on the run to hide until the FBI can do their job. Murphy Dolan has just got back from duty in the Army Reserves and finds a stranger in his house. He senses that something is up and hero mode kicks in...

I was looking through my numerous ebooks trying to find something that would appeal to me and ran into this one. I wasn't sure about it but figured
Linda Strong
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Kate Bridges is on the run. She saw the man who killed her friend .. a man who is a huge in a world of unsavory dealings. Before the FBI had identified the killer, there was an attempt on Kate's life.

Changing her looks, her name, she winds up in Broslin Creek working as a waitress.
Murphy Dolan, a former cop, has survived his time in Afghanistan and looking forward to going home. Surprise! When he enters his home, he finds a strange woman in his bed brandishing a gun.

Murphy and Kate start out on
Luli
You can find this review in English below.

Este es el libro de la saga que más me gusta. Te atrapa desde el minuto uno, te tiene todo el tiempo mirando por encima del hombro, y te deja con la boca abierta al final porque no te lo veías venir!
Lo que me gusta: La protagonista no es la típica damisela en apuros, sus acciones están justificadas; el protagonista, no es en exceso, aunque sí un poco, el típico macho alfa desesperante; el suspense-misterio está conseguido, porque a pesar de conocer el
Laylaw
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 it had so much more potential stars! This book started out great, sucked me in right away. The cover is totally cheesy to me but it is really a great story and then it just kind of dropped off at the end and I did not get he closure I wanted but I know, its a series and our characters some back. But, in all honesty I wanted more than the 168 odd pages offered. This could be a 300 page book that completes the journey that is needed to be taken instead of making it into a series. In addition, ...more
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She hides from hit man
He comes home, she's in his house
Can he protect her?

Went very quickly
Plot not completely resolved
Good action, bad guy
Kjen
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. This was an enjoyable read and one of my favorite premises...the woman on the run and the returning from war hero. I would like to continue the series:)
Iza
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the most original story, but a solid 4 stars with a good romantic suspense with likeable characters. I enjoyed reading it.
Lisa
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh. The mystery itself was interesting - who is stalking the only witness to a murder committed by the FBI's most wanted? It was the relationship between Kate and Murphy that bugged me.

"She's hot, quirky and needs protecting", thinks Murphy the hero. "Even though I'm pissed at my brother for renting out my house without my knowledge or permission (and HOW LONG did he wait to confront his brother?), and I want this unknown person out of my house, I have these feelings stirring my Magic Wang, it
booknerd_dork
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got it on my kindle it was a freebie, the plot sounded interesting and so I downloaded it. I'm glad I did, the book is just awesome with the thrill, suspense and romance.
The story started with name of the book Deathwatch, as Kate is watching her own funeral. She is the only eye witness of a murder of her friend and she is the person who have seen the murderer, and that person knows that. He is after her to kill the only person who have seen him. Watching her funeral is the only option to catch
Coco.V
Jun 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (6/21/2019)! ...more
Jamie
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I have read from this author and can't wait to read more. Mysteries and thrillers (or military) are books that I would typically read but this one had me hooked from the first page. Its more of a romance thriller and is a quick but great read that definitely leaves you wanting to continue reading more from this series and author. Does have a few explicit sexual scenes.
Patricia White
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great!! Didn't think I would like it at first. But, it drew me in. There wasn't a lot of violence. But, just enough intrigue to keep me reading the book. Not a lot sex, but just enough sexual tension between the two characters.

Kate saw an assassin kill her childhood friend. She's on the run because the FBI couldn't protect her. The FBI faked her death. They had a funeral for her. The assassin blew up cars at her funeral knowing she wasn't dead. Then she ran..
Murph, comes home
Trish R.
Pretty good read..

I liked Kate and Murphy, and I liked that she told Murphy her story instead of insisting on leaving and taking care of herself, like soooo many authors tend to write, which I find totally stupid. Women who have no training cannot take care of themselves against a killer, I don’t care how big her gun is.

But at about 80% I was getting so frustrated I almost quit reading. I mean, Agent Cirelli of the FBI was soooo stupid you just wanted to jump into the book and slap her silly.
Victoria

“It’s like a deathwatch. You know, when relatives gather to wait for someone to die? I feel like I’m always waiting for my own death. I’ve been to my own funeral, and now I’m doing my own deathwatch. It’s all backwards.”

With a kindle full of books I have yet to read, I still one-clicked Deathwatch when I read the blurb and saw it was on sale.
The blurb drew me in…I’m a sucker for a damsel in distress, a hit man, and a sexy military lead. How can you go wrong?

Deathwatch was a fast paced, well
Dee
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing

The Book Grabs You From Page One!

Summary: Kate is the ultimate damsel in distress. The most notorious assassin is after her and has already had a couple of near misses. He can’t afford for her to live. She’s the one person in the world who can identify him. Murphy is a local town cop who was away on a guardsman’s deployment, sent home injured in mind and body after losing the men in his unit. He returns home to convalesce and finds his brother has rented his house out from under him. Kate and
R J Mckay
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-shelf
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a review.

Kate is running for her life after witnessing a murder. All she wants is to remain hidden until the FBI catches the murderer. Murphy Dolan is returning from Afghanistan where he was wounded. All he wants is peace and quiet to heal. What he doesn’t expect is to find Kate living in his house. Murphy is not thrilled to discover that his brother has rented out his house in his absence.And now he wants her gone. But Murphy’s ‘
Hollie
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Left much to be desired but does have potential

While this was a decent read it never sucked me into the storyline. For an action packed read it never once had me feeling involved in this plot. Nor did any of of the romantic aspect. Upon completion I just felt as if something were missing. It was ok. Just not something I would personally recommend. Ideally, I would rate this a 3.5 star read, but since it was offered as a freebie I'm going to round this up to a 4 star.
Lisa Kay
Enjoyed Kate & Murphy's story; looking forward to an update on their HEA. Thanks for this "new-to-me author" rec, Pamela. ...more
Sandra
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The opening line in "Deathwatch" is a classic hook, something every writer strives for: "Kate Bridges thought attending her own funeral would be the hardest part." How could you not keep reading? And the rest of the story lived up to the suspense with a thrilling plot premise that pulled me in. Kate Bridges reluctantly agreed to go along with her faked death to help the FBI catch a killer, but the killer struck again right under their noses. That's when Kate decided FBI protection wasn't all ...more
Phil Leader
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Kat Bridges is the only person able to identify the FBI's most wanted assassin, but despite their protection there is a nearly successful attempt on her life. Now on the run from both the FBI and the assassin she takes refuge in the small town of Broslin Creek. When Murphy Dolan returns injured from active duty and finds her in his house he is at first annoyed but then realises that she needs help. With certain knowledge that she is being tracked by a killer, they both become closer than either ...more
Janice Spina
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deathwatch, first of this series of mysteries, is an enjoyable thriller that keeps you guessing until the end. Kat Bridges is on the run after the FBI couldn’t keep her safe. She was a witness to the murder of her friend by a notorious killer wanted by the FBI. She finds a house to stay in Breslin Creek. When the owner of this house, Murphy Dolan, a soldier and former policeman, comes home from the service he receives a shock to find a beautiful woman in his bed.

Murph is suffering from PTSD
Brittany
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deathwatch is an action packed book from beginning to end. I couldn’t put the book down. I have friends that have been in the foster care system and have heard horror stories and because of that I could only imagine what Kate went through, then too have one of the FBI’s most wanted after you – Wow!

Murphy is a total solder/cop through and through. He isn’t the tough macho man but he do want to know what is going, so coming home to a strange woman in his bed with a gun pointed at him was not what
LuAnn Rodriquez
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a book that was easy to read quickly, and caused me to lose sleep after finishing it because the book and its two main characters remained active in my mind after the last page was read. Note to self: Do not read books that are this interesting late at night! Kate and Murph are people I genuinely liked and felt empathy for as they dealt with big life challenges. In that process they grew to know, love, and trust each other. Intriguing story, suspenseful action, well-written, a ...more
Roxann
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karen Fontaine
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book!! First in the series, and I am looking forward to the next. This is a story about Kate and Murph. Kate had witnessed a murder, the killer who is an assassin seen her and is out to kill her. She is on the run moving from town to town, she ends up renting a house that Murph owns... he come back from Afghanistan and finds her sleeping in his house and finds out his brother had rented to her without his knowledge. Murph is also a cop and is suspicious and check her out, he finds ...more
Kathleen A Harris
Keeps your interest right to the end.

Picked this book up a while ago and finally had a chance to read. Wish I had read sooner and will be checking out more by this author.
The overall story is a mystery/suspense that keeps you guessing to the end. While a portion of the mystery is solved another part is left open. The romance aspect ends in a happily for now scenario. Hopefully the author revisits these characters in a future book to wind things up.
Dana Wayne
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I made the mistake of reading the first line of this book when I knew I had tons of things on my to-do list for the day. Needless to say, the to-do list waited, the book did not and finished it in one sitting! Ms. Marton is a new author for me and I know I will be adding more to my TBR shelf today! the action starts fast and keeps going with enough twists and turns to keep you guessing. More action/suspense than steam, though there is that, too, but definitely a good read!
Sharon
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Romantic Suspense

Fast paced read. Finished too quickly. A young woman who had finally found happiness after a terrible past finds herself in the cross hairs of an assassin. When the FBI helps her fake her own death the assassin trys to kill her. She's on these run, trusting no one until she lands in Broslin renting returning and wounded soldier, Murph. Complications ensue.
Teri
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read by this author but I found it good enough to want more. The plot is intriguing and although there are some points that make this hard to take the writing is sound even with the danger induced insta love. I do like that our h is one who although she runs has great survival instincts. There is a lot going on in the book and the pace is fast which I like so it was a win-win. Will I read more from this author?? Absolutely
Tatiana Lammers
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the first in the series. It was a nice and quick read and a very engaging one: the pace was fast, and there was plenty of action - made me root for the characters and make some guesses (yeah, I guessed right!). For a short read, the characters are rather well developed and the plot hooks one, leaving needing more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Ghost (Linear Tactical #5)
  • Indecent Danger (Danger Incorporated #3)
  • Shadow (Linear Tactical #6)
  • Hiding From Danger (Danger Incorporated #2)
  • The Patient Killer (DCI Morton #4)
  • SEAL's Spitfire (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Black Eagle Book 1)
  • Embracing Danger (Danger Incorporated #4)
  • Angel (Linear Tactical #4)
  • Danger In The Night (Danger Incorporated Book 5)
  • Shamrock (Linear Tactical, #3)
  • Nightstalker (The Red Team #1)
  • Overdue Justice
  • Night with a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #1)
  • Discarded Heart (Hot SEALs; Danger Incorporated, #2.5)
  • Reunited With Danger (Danger Incorporated Book 6)
  • Window to Danger (Danger Incorporated Book 7)
  • Road to Danger (Danger Incorporated, #8)
  • Brooks (Gold Team #1; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
Dana Marton writes fast-paced action-adventure romances that take her readers all over the globe. She is a Rita Award finalist and the winner of the Daphne du Maurier Award of Excellence. She loves writing stories of intrigue, filled with dangerous plots that try her tough-as-nails heroes and the special women they fall in love with. Her books have been published in seven languages in eleven ...more

Broslin Creek (6 books)
  • Deathscape (Broslin Creek, #2)
  • Deathtrap (Broslin Creek, #3)
  • Deathblow (Broslin Creek, #4)
  • Broslin Bride: Gone and Done it (Broslin Creek, #5)
  • Deathwish (Broslin Creek, #6)
“He gathered her against him tightly, chest to chest, hip to hip. She wouldn’t have minded staying there forever.
“I wanted to do this from the moment I saw you sleeping in my bed,” he murmured against her mouth.
“I just wanted to shoot you,” she said the first thing that popped into her dazed mind. ”
5 likes
“Murph took his shot and dropped the bastard right out of the tree. then he stood. "I'm an American soldier, you son of a bitch.” 2 likes