Start by marking “From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom” as Want to Read:
From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom

From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom

YOUR ROAD MAP TOACHIEVING FINANCIAL FREEDOMAND LIVING YOUR DREAMS
Written by a common man for the common man, this book will help you lead a financially independent and conscious life.

Financial freedom is not defined by your net worth or your social status. It does not matter how much you earn, what matters is how much you can save and invest wisely. The secret to financial
Published 2013 by Jaico Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom

Start your review of From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom
Karthikeyan Chellappa
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What I like most about this book is its structure. It starts with the basics without making any assumptions of prior knowledge of the reader, covers a variety of different topics, and finally describes an 8 step process for creating a financial freedom plan. There are some investment ideas and principles that I believe even seasoned investors can benefit from.

My top 2 takeaways -

(1) Principles of Wealth Accumulation - My favorite chapter, some of the book's best ideas are in here. I suggest read
Rajiv Kumar
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The best ever book by an Indian author in the simplest of format one could write. He gives own life example to convince you and shows it can be done. Follow up by author by personal talk that too free of cost... what else do u want.
Manoj Arora
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
An awesome journey of a common man which guides you how you can trigger off your own journey towards financial freedom and then track the same to completion. Anyone can do it. The book shows you that once free from the rut of making money and your family finances taken care of for the rest of your life, you begin a new life towards chasing your dreams, passion and true calling in life.
Aparna Bhandari
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great start for newbie Investors!
Very inspiring, with simplified Conceptual explanations.
Raj K
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is must buy for every professional. It takes you through the most important finacial term which is must for everyone who is on the way to their finacial freedon or even not.

This bok can be very handy for non-financial professionals too for getting basic knowledge of finance.

And the far most importnat aspect of the book is that the auther takes you through the financial freedon plan step by step in very simple manner.

Just go ahead and buy the book blind folded . Best deal can ever make.
Uday
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is must for all Indians who are at the early stages of their career. It explains all investment options available in India. It explains what rat race is and how we are trapped without even realizing it. It also introduces terms like financial freedom and explains a deterministic approach to reach there.

Best part is you can ping author on Watsapp, if you have any any doubts. I pined him and got my doubts resolved :).
Abhishek  Lodhi
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reads
A great book to enlighten every young investor to embark on the journey to attain financial freedom. I also wish if I've read it earlier but it's never too late. Recommended for everyone. Author has put all efforts to keep it simple and informative. Keep up the good work !!!! ...more
Utkarsh Sankhla
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it
What I liked:
1) Hands down, the tools and the 7 steps were super helpful in helping me determine where I stood
2) Using tables and illustrations made it very easy to understand

What I didnt like:
1) Might sound like a self pat, but was already very much aware of investment tools and principles. So for most part (3/4ths of the book), I was just reading and going 'yeah I know'.
However, for a novice - the first parts of the book will be fantastic.
2) The edition is 2016/17 so a bit outdated on the nu
Tushar Shetty
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its one of the finest book written on financial freedom, specially the content is simple and easy to understand for any age group.
Manoj the author has kept the book really motivating from the introduction till the end and it relates to a common mans life and how anyone can achieve the financial freedom by following this simple steps.It has really motivated me and i am looking for the freedom from the rat race so that i can enjoy my precious time with my family and to follow my passion of helping
Raaj Sarthak
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing read because it gives you an overview about what is financial freedom and why you must achieve it. It also lays emphasis on why you must have a proper knowledge and absolute control of your hard earned money. I like the structure of this book and it also gave me an idea about the various investment vehicles which are at our disposal and how can we use them to stay ahead of inflation.
Sayan Chaliha
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is exactly what I needed! So many books out there that talk about the psychology behind financial planning, and so few that actually discuss technicalities and actionable items. For Indians, this book covers it all!
Raja Sekhar
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book and i strongly recommend this book to any person who is seeking financial freedom. I have read many books on wealth creation, retirement planing, etc, but most are set in foreign contexts making it difficult to follow the principles for people in India. This book is probably the first book that does a comprehensive job of the subject in the Indian context.I have benefited very much by reading this book, and believe me i should know. I am a qualified finance professional w ...more
Yash
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Takes you to a journey in uncharted territory

Highly recommended for all. But dont like authers view on credit cards.
The book is ultimate. Keep it in your library forever.
Kishore
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a great book on financial freedom
Ravi Kumar
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The one thing, I would say about this book is, it gives you a holistic view of investment and how to do it, One thing, I started using after reading this book was dollar theory. Very well explained
Ashwin Casmir
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're interested in designing your life that you want, this is the first book that you should get your hands on. I was onto the idea of financial freedom, however I was held back by the belief that it was for people who are without too many commitments, since it felt impossible to have financial freedom when I was constantly pulled back by one expense or the other, which felt unavoidable. Then this book changed everything. Reaching financial freedom is not about making drastic changes, but r ...more
Sureshkumar
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon this book after searching in internet for 'financial freedom’. After reading the first few pages of the book in Amazon as pre-read, i I bought the Kindle version and completed it over the weekend. Here is my feedback.
Pros: The book gradually builds and instils the 'financial freedom' mindset and the approach to achieve it in the readers mind. The chapters are laid out in sequence and it easy to relate to the author's own life story to that of the reader. The author has shared the
Aashish Rai
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The rat race to Financial freedom is not a book, it's a journey. It is my dream to attain financial freedom one day and this book brought me so much closer to my goal in terms of mentoring & guiding me to become one, the rest depends on my intent and efforts I put in to do the same. This book is definitely different from all the books I have read on this topic by various international writers but I have never felt that connection with the author ever. The experience of reading this book written ...more
Anki Maram
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The way I look at life is "Life begins when the survival is taken care". To have enough time and money to do what we want to do and to find out what we can achieve is really the blessed life, I feel.
I have bought this book RR2FF few months ago, but I could only complete it in last month (Aug 14). Some how, Mr. Manoj's journey that is explained in the book, connected to me very well. Mr. Manoj with his experiences and examples could clear some of my doubts that I have been holding in mind for few
Abhishek
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you have no idea about your financial life, this book is for you. Manoj, the author covered every step on an Indian investor with his personal life examples. How you can dream financial independence, as only 2% of world population thinks and only 1% actually achieved it, and work towards it.
Book covers a bit of every investment options available, so it's generic personal finance book not the specialized one like Stocks to riches by Parag Parikh.
So if you haven't dreamt about your financial fr
Sangeeta
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would highly recommend this book to everyone.

We all run after making money and more money in the hope that we have enough, to take care of our family and their needs. But there are very few people that I encounter that understand that its not about how much you earn but how much you save. And as my mom says, wisest is the man that makes money from money.
This book helps to make you realize this, and encourages you to start on the path of saving and investing.
Not many negatives...
Harikrishna
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is good for anyone who wants to start their Financial journey. It has simple explanation of the financial instruments available in the Indian market and how to use them to achieve your financial goals. The author is very supportive and follows his goals and helps everyone who is interested in making a financial plan for themselves.
Hiren Sonar
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good book for new investor.

Different ways of investments are explained nicely.
Shruti
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
For beginners, must a read!!
Gives a good understanding of the concepts and approach for planning your investments
Naveen Dakoju
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best book for financial freedom.

covers all the financial jargon in a simple way.

suggests tools to achieve financial freedom
Acejunker
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enlightening. A financial lesson that should be taught everywhere
Pankaj Kumar
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For layman

Best finance book for non finance people, even financially illiterate people can understand it. Too basic and easy to understand
Anila
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Manoj Arora is on a noble mission to elevate the life of every man/woman who is forever caught in the mad race without even knowing that he/she is in a race, and that he/she is ultimately is no more than that- a rat ! Sometimes the realization might come late, VERY LATE. But anyone who has awakened and feels he/she was supposed to be a human, and there was more to his/her life than this mindless race - must definitely read this book.

Whatever higher goal we have in our lives, we cannot reach to a
U Patowary
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastically informative book on Portfolio management of financial investments. The step by step method of rebalancing of the initial Portfolio and how to track and modify the projected wealth vis-a-vis actual wealth generation, are narrated very elaborately.
All the fundamental points along with the simple maths are explained in simple language. Many people do not know these even after high degrees from university. These gems are not taught in schools and colleges.
If one starts early,
Navdeep Matharu
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book after reading the second book by same author “Autobiography of the stock”.

The book is also a must read for everyone. Because we have always been trying to SAVE money and maintain bank balance but we never INVEST money. We never let money grow on its own. Even if we want we don’t know the ways.

This book tells you all possible ways by which you can INVEST your money as per your risk taking capabilities. The pie charts are just awesome (read to find more about it ;) ).

The tips pr

• The Unusual Billionaires
  • Prep
  • Sabar dan Syukur Tanpa Tapi
  • My Best Friend, My Stalker
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • The New Well-Tempered Sentence: A Punctuation Handbook for the Innocent, the Eager, and the Doomed
  • Melocotón loco
  • Firelight (Firelight, #1)
  • Mes mots sont les fleurs de ton silence
  • The Fortress: The Siege of Przemyśl and the Making of Europe's Bloodlands
  • Attitude Is Everything: Change Your Attitude ... Change Your Life!
  • I Will Teach You to Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works
  • What Every Indian Should Know Before Investing: Edition 2017
See top shelves…
It is my life's mission to elevate my society, in whatever ways i can.
Each of my books should help you elevate your own life.
I am more than ready to mentor you in your journey. No charges, no constraints..
Connect with me and we would walk this journey together.

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...
“Be like a duck, paddling and working very hard inside the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling and calm face.” 117 likes
“Coming out of your comfort zone is tough in the beginning, chaotic in the middle, and awesome in the end...because in the end, it shows you a whole new world !!
Make an attempt..”