Start by marking “It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)” as Want to Read:
It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)

It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney #5)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  11,191 Ratings  ·  1,111 Reviews
SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”

After a humiliating end to her engagement, investment banker Sidney Sinclair is done with commitment-phobic men. But when her sister winds up engaged after a whirlwind courtship, she’s thrown in to close contact with exactly the kind of sexy playboy she wants to avoid—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, for better or worse, until
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published May 6th 2014 by Jove

Win a Copy of This Book

• It Happened One Wedding by Julie James
    It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
    Release date: May 06, 2014
    ~Shortlisted for the ALA’s 2015 Reading List for Best Romance
    SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”
    BUT HE MAKES IT HARD TO SAY “I DON’T”

Praise for IT HA

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 687 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 16 - Mar 30, 2017

Countries available: US

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about It Happened One Wedding, please sign up.

Nahla Khayyatt Each book in this series is a stand-alone so yes, you could read this first.
    I usually start from book 1 and read all the way to the end of a series…more
    Each book in this series is a stand-alone so yes, you could read this first.
    I usually start from book 1 and read all the way to the end of a series because I personally enjoy the appearance of past characters in a newer book (which happens in this series) but that's just me heh xD(less)

Anne
    May 18, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
    Julie James hasn't written anything that I haven't at least liked, and a several that are go-to re-reads every year. Practice Makes Perfect & Just the Sexiest Man Alive are my favorites, but I just enjoy the way James does romance in general, so if it has her name stamped on the front, I'm gonna read it. Anyway, the FBI/ US Attorney series is perfect for someone like me, who is just looking for an afternoon of fluffy awesomeness.

description

Is there anything particularly special about this?
    It's a st
    Rimpy
    Aug 05, 2013 Rimpy rated it really liked it
    EDIT: REVIEW:

I enjoyed the book so much! I bolded 'enjoyed' because somehow the book has disppointed a little, which is why I couldn't love it.
    This makes me so sad because I expected a kickass story with awesome words. I'll keep it to the point.

PROS:
    I LOVED the banter between Sidney and Vaughn. The typical Julie James style of sarcasm had me laughing even at serious situations. Throughout the book, I was giggling and at times, laughing straight out loud.

Next, the characters. I loved each and eve
    Mo
    Jan 17, 2014 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Once again, Ms James did not disappoint. I absolutely LOVE her books. All of them. I can be guaranteed a solid 4 or 5 star read when I pick up one of her books.

He was tall and somehow managed to look ruggedly sexy, despite the rather conservative dark gray suit and blue tie he wore. Maybe it was the short cut of his thick brown hair. Or his keen hazel eyes. Or his strong chiseled jaw with that just-perfect amount of five o'clock shadow.

Vaughn is sexy, good-looking, 34 "man about town
    Shawna
    4-4 stars – Contemporary Romance

This was my least favorite of the series. The heroine annoyed me for much of the book, and I wish there had been more time spent on Vaughn and Sidney’s romantic progression and relationship. The ending was a little abrupt, and I would have loved an epilogue. But Julie James writes some of the best, wittiest, smartest, snarkiest banter in romance and always delivers an entertaining and high quality read. So still a great, enjoyable 4-4 stars!
    ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
    4.5 stars!!

Julie James can do no wrong in my eyes, at least when it comes to this series. It Happened One Wedding has all the right elements of what makes a fantastic romance novel: Character-driven plot, sparkling dialogue, humor, and great supporting characters. This book restored my belief that one can write romance--and do it really well--without the drama-llama, dark secrets hogwash we see in so many books today. Just pure unadulterated storytelling and great characterizations.

Sidney is a
    ♥Sharon♥
    May 08, 2014 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    4.5 Stars!!

photo juliejames_zps691c79ad.jpg

Gosh it really has been a long time since I last read a book by Julie James. But as usual she did an amazing job at delivering yet another FANTASTIC installment of the FBI/US Attorney series. This is book 5 in the series and I was quickly reminded of all the things I love about her writing. There was humor, sweetness, a fantastic plot and sexy moments too.

I really enjoyed Sidney as a heroine. She was a sweet, confident and beautiful. But underneath that she was a bit cynical when it
    ♥Rachel♥
    Aug 05, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
    It Happened One Wedding felt a little different from Julie James’ previous novels. I think there was serious tone that wasn’t in the other stories, and it really clicked with me.

Sidney is back in Chicago starting a new job after leaving New York, and a ruined relationship. After discovering her fiancé was cheating on her, Sidney feels she’s wasted three years of her life. She should already be married and starting a family, something Sidney really wanted at this point in her life. At thirty-thre
    Jeanne
    Feb 13, 2015 Jeanne rated it really liked it
    4.5 stars! This was awesome! Loved the banter between them, and you just can't go wrong with a hot FBI agent. :)
    Didi
    What a great book, I loved it! This is my first by Julie James and it won't be my last! I loved so much about it...how the characters were in their thirties, how they were both successful and NOT traumatized by experiences that prevents them from moving on, how they were upfront and eased off on the potentially ruinous drama, but I especially loved how the love between Vaughn and Sidney developed.
    There was no insta-anything, minus the sizzling attraction for another, and that was refreshing. Sid
    Pamela(AllHoney)
    The fifth addition to Julie James' wonderful FBI/Attorney series. FBI Special Agent Vaughn Roberts is in a coffee shop when he spies an attractive woman come in and watches as her date "crashes and burns". He then attempts a pick up but Sidney Sinclair can spot a commitment-phobic man from a mile away. Later they meet again and find that their siblings are getting married and they are both in the wedding party.

Another fun, sexy, entertaining read from Julie James. I loved the humorous banter and
    Nikita
    Not the best one in the series but this was still a sweet book with great characters which could have been a 5 star read if there had been a tad more action and I felt it really needed an epilogue.
    Obsidian
    This really was not that interesting. Too pretty people having hot sex though they initially loathed each other. I was bored from beginning to end when I was not disgusted by the character of Vaughn.

Sidney Sinclair is an investment banker. After moving back to Chicago after finding out her fiancee was cheating on her, she is trying to dip her toe back into the dating pool. After a blah date at a coffee shop, she is asked out by a total stranger who lashes out like a petty POS after she turns him
    Pang
    description

What happend when a brother and a sister of two people who don't like each other in first meeting will get marrired?

This was fun since the first charpter! Vaughn and Sidney's sarcasm is enjoynable to read. I love Vaughn, he is witty, cocky, and irritaing player.*sigh* Sidney is just like typical Julie's heroine, fiesty, snarky, and witty. Her lists about the guy she or woman should date with made me laugh! reminding me a bit of Linda Howard' Mr.Perfect.

The story is about Vaughn's brother Simon
    Jess
    Feb 28, 2014 Jess rated it it was amazing
    Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
    Blog rating: A

Her [Sidney] smile was sweet, her tone dry. “Aw, and that makes you such a good guy. Because you’re honest about being a womanizer.”

[…]He [Vaughn] leaned in closer to her. “See, this is why I don’t date women in their thirties. You’re jaded. And ornery. And you have a checklist with thirty-four goddamn things on it!” She turned toward him, her cheeks flushed pink as she, too, raised her voice. “Don’t put this on me. There’s a reason women l
    Oana
    I'm finally done with this series. This last installment was pretty good as a light read, maybe a little bit to chick-litty for me. Though I still believe the first two are the best in the FBI/US Attorneys, I wouldn't mind for more of these lovely books.
    Nina Life of a Bookworm

Bok ljudi! Znam da me nije bilo dugo s poštenom recenzijom... Zadnja koju sam napisala bila je skoro prije mjesec dana za knjigu iste autorice Zakon Privlačnosti, a prije toga za isto tako dvije njene Najseksi frajer na svijetu i Iznenada jednog ljeta.

Prije nešto malo više od mjesec dana iz čiste radoznalosti (i dosade na poslu, pssst nemojte nikome reći) u ruke sam uzela upravo zadnju knjigu koja je izašla - Iznenada jednoga ljeta i odmah me je uvukla, a onda su se zaredali svi naslov
    Kritika
    Jul 25, 2013 Kritika rated it really liked it

OH MY GOD!!,

April of 2014 can't come soon enough.Can't wait for IHOW.Love JJ's books, especially the FBI/US Attorney series.Hope she never stops writing them! Or maybe she can stop at, like, 50 books or more!!! By the way, does anyone know anything about the hero & heroine of this book? any guesses? I'm hoping for Sam Wilkins to feature in this one.But I'm guessing I will have to wait more for Sam since he was not in LOVE IRRESISTIBLY.

July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March...

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
    Aug 06, 2013 Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana rated it really liked it

Pretty sure I found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...why BECAUSE JULIE JAMES HAS A NEW NOVEL/BLURB/COVER! The countdown begins people...Its out March 25! Julie James has completely made a name for herself as a contemporary romance guru and all around romance novelist heavy hitter! Each book gets better, raunchier, deeper, and more fun! With her FBI series bad boy, Vaughn finally getting his just desserts in the love depeartment, I doubt this book could even try to dissapoint! I knew v
    Alexa
    Dec 17, 2016 Alexa rated it really liked it
    Shelves: romance, 2016
    I hate to sound like a teenager but... Julie James is my queen.

Seriously, if she writes it, I'll read it. She writes THE BEST contemporary romance.

My only (small) problem with her is that her female characters might be just a tiny little bit too empowered (no, I have nothing about super empowered women, but after the fourth or fifth book where the character is CEO, partner at a main law firm, or whatever thing by age 30 I'm all like... "can't she just have a normal awesome job by age 30? prett
    Dija
    Aug 05, 2013 Dija rated it really liked it
    I NEED THOSE SHOES. AND THAT DRESS. AND MY OWN SPECIAL AGENT.

Nicklein Mae
    Feb 23, 2017 Nicklein Mae rated it it was amazing
    I can't stop thinking about this.
    Jacob Proffitt
    Jul 26, 2015 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it
    Shelves: romance, steamy
    I take it back, this is the best of the series. I admit that I'm not entirely sure if I'm just basking in the glow of the latest Julie James book I finish or if she really is improving with every book. I choose to believe it's the latter.

As before, read the others in the series first. View this one as the treat at the end of an excellent meal. Or something. Also, as before, having read the others, you now more or less what to expect here. I'll highlight some, though, because I can't stop myself.
    Linda
    *Sigh*, I finally ran out of Julie James' books to read.

This contemporary romance had similar tension found in the first two stories in the FBI/US Attorney series and I enjoyed it more because of that. Vaughn Roberts, a Special Agent with the FBI, met the first woman in forever that rebuked his offer to go out with him. Good-looking, witty and down-to-earth, women always have gravitated toward him. Unfortunately, not when he hit on the pretty redhead in the coffee shop that day. Not only did he
    Vee Paige
    Jan 01, 2014 Vee Paige rated it it was amazing
    What a way to yank me out of a reading slump! If you are looking for a gritty book, this is not it. If you are looking for a hero with a dark past that can't get into a relationship, this is not it. If you are looking for an angsty read caused by stupid miscommunication, this is not it. The plot of "It happened one wedding" is nothing new—a player not looking for a long-term relationship and a woman who had been burned by a past relationship and is hell-bent on looking for Mr. Right—however, the ...more
    Sheryl
    Aug 05, 2013 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
    *SIGH* That was just so PERFECT!!!! I've been waiting to see how Vaughn would be slayed *SMIRK* and WHAT A SLAYING!!! Sidney and Vaughn together was like snarky and snarkier and I LOVED IT!!!!! How sweet can one man be? EXTREMELY, if you're a reformed *cough*man-whore*cough*... OH HOW I LOVED VAUGHN!!! The man was just so growly and take-charge *YUMMY* :) Julie James can do NO WRONG in my book!!!

Now i'm wondering whose next....
    Susanne
    5 Lovely "Julie James is an Awesome Writer" Stars!
    Mandi Schreiner
    Mar 14, 2014 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it
    Shelves: contemporary
    The year long wait between Julie James books is a hard one, but it’s always worth it too. Just knowing you are going to get that smart banter and sexy romance makes me smile.

Sidney is recovering from a broken engagement with a brand new job. Moving from New York to Chicago, she has accepted the position to manage a four billion dollar fund. Sidney is excited for this new job and to be back in her hometown. She is also excited when her sister announces she is getting married and that Sidney is th
    Anne OK
    Mar 31, 2014 Anne OK rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2014-reads
    Another winner by Julie James, who has written many terrific stories and I’ve enjoyed them all. But she has outdone herself with her latest release. IHOW is everything that makes me a very happy reader and keeps me begging for more. She has written some of the best and wittiest one-liners in contemporary romance. This book is packed full of hidden gems and surprises with the turn of every page. Most of all, I love the intelligence in Ms. James’s writing. It’s simply a powerhouse full of wonderfu ...more
    Jane Stewart
    Jun 13, 2014 Jane Stewart rated it it was amazing
    4 stars. A good time. I was charmed and melted in the last paragraph.

The author has written seven books. This is her most recent and my favorite. How does she keep getting good ideas? I loved the bickering, arguing, and snarky comments. Such fun conflict – and then fun to watch them UNABLE to resist each other.

Julie James reminds me of Susan Elizabeth Phillips - in two ways. 1. She writes one book a year. I respect that. Other authors write multiple books per year, and the quality is not there.
    Kiki Rizky Agustina
    This book surprised me...
    ...unfortunately not in a good way.

Ever since I read Just the Sexiest Man Alive, Julie James has become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors, and from her I could always hope for smart and witty and absolutely enjoyable story. Yet, this one was just...

It Happened One Wedding is, by far, the least satisfying book ever written by Julie James. Too bad, really, because I think the plot actually had potential to be more interesting what with Vaughn's undercover job
    • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
    • The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)
    • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
    • All They Need (Porter Siblings #1)
    • Fanning the Flames (Jackson: Girls' Night Out, #0.5)
    • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
    • The Name of the Game (Something New, #3)
    • The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat, #2)
    New York Times bestselling author Julie James practiced law with one of the nation's largest firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. After Hollywood producers optioned two of her scripts, she decided to leave the practice of law to write full-time. Her books have been translated into nineteen languages and Julie’s ninth novel, THE THING ABOUT LOVE, hits bookstores everywhere o ...more
    More about Julie James...

FBI/US Attorney (6 books)
    • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
    • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
    • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
    • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
    • Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney, #6)

“The innkeeper
    pointed between Vaughn and Sidney. “Have you two been together long?”
    Sidney blinked, then gestured at Vaughn. “Him and me?” She laughed. “Oh, no. Noooo, no, no.”
    Vaughn smiled at Lauren, nonplussed. “In case you missed it, that would be a no.”
    22 likes
    “She noticed that the man at the table next to her, in his sixties, was watching her. Clearly, he’d
    caught the show.
    “Well, he asked for my opinion,” she said defensively.
    “I’m just wondering what you’re going to do to the next guy who walks in,” the older man said.
    “They’re gonna start taking them out of here in body bags.”
    Probably it was high time she left this coffee shop.”
    19 likes