Start by marking “It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)” as Want to Read:
It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)

It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney #5)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  7,254 ratings  ·  819 reviews
SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”

After a humiliating end to her engagement, investment banker Sidney Sinclair is done with commitment-phobic men. But when her sister winds up engaged after a whirlwind courtship, she’s thrown in to close contact with exactly the kind of sexy playboy she wants to avoid—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, for better or worse, until
Mass Market Paperback, 292 pages
Published May 6th 2014 by Jove

Win a Copy of This Book

• It Happened One Wedding by Julie James
    It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
    Shortlisted for the ALA’s 2015 Reading List for Best Romance!

SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”
    After a humiliating end to her engagement, investmen…more
    Giveaway dates: May 15 - Jun 01, 2015
    100 copies available, 992 people requesting
    Countries available: US
  • Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about It Happened One Wedding, please sign up.

Nahla M. Khayyatt Each book in this series is a stand-alone so yes, you could read this first.
    I usually start from book 1 and read all the way to the end of a series…more
    Each book in this series is a stand-alone so yes, you could read this first.
    I usually start from book 1 and read all the way to the end of a series because I personally enjoy the appearance of past characters in a newer book (which happens in this series) but that's just me heh xD(less)

Rimpy
    EDIT: REVIEW:

I enjoyed the book so much! I bolded 'enjoyed' because somehow the book has disppointed a little, which is why I couldn't love it.
    This makes me so sad because I expected a kickass story with awesome words. I'll keep it to the point.

PROS:
    I LOVED the banter between Sidney and Vaughn. The typical Julie James style of sarcasm had me laughing even at serious situations. Throughout the book, I was giggling and at times, laughing straight out loud.

Next, the characters. I loved each and eve
    Mo
    Once again, Ms James did not disappoint. I absolutely LOVE her books. All of them. I can be guaranteed a solid 4 or 5 star read when I pick up one of her books.

He was tall and somehow managed to look ruggedly sexy, despite the rather conservative dark gray suit and blue tie he wore. Maybe it was the short cut of his thick brown hair. Or his keen hazel eyes. Or his strong chiseled jaw with that just-perfect amount of five o'clock shadow.

Vaughn is sexy, good-looking, 34 "man about town
    ♥~♥Geri ~ the HEA junkie ♥~♥
    4.5 stars!!

Julie James can do no wrong in my eyes, at least when it comes to this series. It Happened One Wedding has all the right elements of what makes a fantastic romance novel: Character-driven plot, sparkling dialogue, humor, and great supporting characters. This book restored my belief that one can write romance--and do it really well--without the drama-llama, dark secrets hogwash we see in so many books today. Just pure unadulterated storytelling and great characterizations.

Sidney is a
    Shawna
    4-4 stars – Contemporary Romance

This was my least favorite of the series. The heroine annoyed me for much of the book, and I wish there had been more time spent on Vaughn and Sidney’s romantic progression and relationship. The ending was a little abrupt, and I would have loved an epilogue. But Julie James writes some of the best, wittiest, smartest, snarkiest banter in romance and always delivers an entertaining and high quality read. So still a great, enjoyable 4-4 stars!
    ♥Rachel♥
    It Happened One Wedding felt a little different from Julie James’ previous novels. I think there was serious tone that wasn’t in the other stories, and it really clicked with me.

Sidney is back in Chicago starting a new job after leaving New York, and a ruined relationship. After discovering her fiancé was cheating on her, Sidney feels she’s wasted three years of her life. She should already be married and starting a family, something Sidney really wanted at this point in her life. At thirty-thre
    ♥Sharon♥
    4.5 Stars!!

photo juliejames_zps691c79ad.jpg

Gosh it really has been a long time since I last read a book by Julie James. But as usual she did an amazing job at delivering yet another FANTASTIC installment of the FBI/US Attorney series. This is book 5 in the series and I was quickly reminded of all the things I love about her writing. There was humor, sweetness, a fantastic plot and sexy moments too.

I really enjoyed Sidney as a heroine. She was a sweet, confident and beautiful. But underneath that she was a bit cynical when it
    Jeanne
    4.5 stars! This was awesome! Loved the banter between them, and you just can't go wrong with a hot FBI agent. :)
    Pamela(AllHoney)
    The fifth addition to Julie James' wonderful FBI/Attorney series. FBI Special Agent Vaughn Roberts is in a coffee shop when he spies an attractive woman come in and watches as her date "crashes and burns". He then attempts a pick up but Sidney Sinclair can spot a commitment-phobic man from a mile away. Later they meet again and find that their siblings are getting married and they are both in the wedding party.

Another fun, sexy, entertaining read from Julie James. I loved the humorous banter and
    Didi
    What a great book, I loved it! This is my first by Julie James and it won't be my last! I loved so much about it...how the characters were in their thirties, how they were both successful and NOT traumatized by experiences that prevents them from moving on, how they were upfront and eased off on the potentially ruinous drama, but I especially loved how the love between Vaughn and Sidney developed.
    There was no insta-anything, minus the sizzling attraction for another, and that was refreshing. Sid
    Nikita
    Not the best one in the series but this was still a sweet book with great characters which could have been a 5 star read if there had been a tad more action and I felt it really needed an epilogue.
    Mandi Schreiner
    The year long wait between Julie James books is a hard one, but it’s always worth it too. Just knowing you are going to get that smart banter and sexy romance makes me smile.

Sidney is recovering from a broken engagement with a brand new job. Moving from New York to Chicago, she has accepted the position to manage a four billion dollar fund. Sidney is excited for this new job and to be back in her hometown. She is also excited when her sister announces she is getting married and that Sidney is th
    Jess
    Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
    Blog rating: A

Her [Sidney] smile was sweet, her tone dry. “Aw, and that makes you such a good guy. Because you’re honest about being a womanizer.”

[…]He [Vaughn] leaned in closer to her. “See, this is why I don’t date women in their thirties. You’re jaded. And ornery. And you have a checklist with thirty-four goddamn things on it!” She turned toward him, her cheeks flushed pink as she, too, raised her voice. “Don’t put this on me. There’s a reason women l
    Kritika

OH MY GOD!!,

April of 2014 can't come soon enough.Can't wait for IHOW.Love JJ's books, especially the FBI/US Attorney series.Hope she never stops writing them! Or maybe she can stop at, like, 50 books or more!!! By the way, does anyone know anything about the hero & heroine of this book? any guesses? I'm hoping for Sam Wilkins to feature in this one.But I'm guessing I will have to wait more for Sam since he was not in LOVE IRRESISTIBLY.

July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March...

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana

Pretty sure I found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...why BECAUSE JULIE JAMES HAS A NEW NOVEL/BLURB/COVER! The countdown begins people...Its out March 25! Julie James has completely made a name for herself as a contemporary romance guru and all around romance novelist heavy hitter! Each book gets better, raunchier, deeper, and more fun! With her FBI series bad boy, Vaughn finally getting his just desserts in the love depeartment, I doubt this book could even try to dissapoint! I knew v
    Dija
    I NEED THOSE SHOES. AND THAT DRESS. AND MY OWN SPECIAL AGENT.

Anne OK
    Another winner by Julie James, who has written many terrific stories and I’ve enjoyed them all. But she has outdone herself with her latest release. IHOW is everything that makes me a very happy reader and keeps me begging for more. She has written some of the best and wittiest one-liners in contemporary romance. This book is packed full of hidden gems and surprises with the turn of every page. Most of all, I love the intelligence in Ms. James’s writing. It’s simply a powerhouse full of wonderfu ...more
    Vee Paige
    What a way to yank me out of a reading slump! If you are looking for a gritty book, this is not it. If you are looking for a hero with a dark past that can't get into a relationship, this is not it. If you are looking for an angsty read caused by stupid miscommunication, this is not it. The plot of "It happened one wedding" is nothing new—a player not looking for a long-term relationship and a woman who had been burned by a past relationship and is hell-bent on looking for Mr. Right—however, the ...more
    Pang
    description

What happend when a brother and a sister of two people who don't like each other in first meeting will get marrired?

This was fun since the first charpter! Vaughn and Sidney's sarcasm is enjoynable to read. I love Vaughn, he is witty, cocky, and irritaing player.*sigh* Sidney is just like typical Julie's heroine, fiesty, snarky, and witty. Her lists about the guy she or woman should date with made me laugh! reminding me a bit of Linda Howard' Mr.Perfect.

The story is about Vaughn's brother Simon
    Oana
    I'm finally done with this series. This last installment was pretty good as a light read, maybe a little bit to chick-litty for me. Though I still believe the first two are the best in the FBI/US Attorneys, I wouldn't mind for more of these lovely books.
    Sheryl
    *SIGH* That was just so PERFECT!!!! I've been waiting to see how Vaughn would be slayed *SMIRK* and WHAT A SLAYING!!! Sidney and Vaughn together was like snarky and snarkier and I LOVED IT!!!!! How sweet can one man be? EXTREMELY, if you're a reformed *cough*man-whore*cough*... OH HOW I LOVED VAUGHN!!! The man was just so growly and take-charge *YUMMY* :) Julie James can do NO WRONG in my book!!!

Now i'm wondering whose next....
    Susanne
    5 Lovely "Julie James is an Awesome Writer" Stars!
    Kindle Gal
    This review, a Q&A with the author, and the entire first chapter of It Happened One Wedding are posted on Kindles & Wine.

It Happened One Wedding is Book 5 in the FBI/US Attorney series, but it can completely stand on its own. The story starts with what I think is the best opening chapter in a romance I have ever read. (Really!)

What makes this story so great is the setup: FBI Agent Vaughn Roberts is exactly the kind of guy Sidney Sinclair does not want to date. They are almost immediately
    Kiki Rizky Agustina
    This book surprised me...
    ...unfortunately not in a good way.

Ever since I read Just the Sexiest Man Alive, Julie James has become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors, and from her I could always hope for smart and witty and absolutely enjoyable story. Yet, this one was just...

It Happened One Wedding is, by far, the least satisfying book ever written by Julie James. Too bad, really, because I think the plot actually had potential to be more interesting what with Vaughn's undercover job
    Dali from TJLovesToRead
    A perfectly lighthearted, sexy, flirty romance. Julie James writes chemistry with sharp wit and seductive sass.

Career driven Sidney Sinclair is now focused on looking for Mr. Right. She is done with men who can’t commit. But with her sister’s swift engagement and wedding she’ll need to deal with “man about town” best man who is just the type she wants to avoid.

Special FBI Agent Vaughn Roberts is happy with his single life. He has not trouble getting the lovely ladies under his spell after alw
    Becky
    Really enjoyable, warm-hearted read with a believable HEA. Loved the comedic elements and the "chest tightening" hints of deeper feelings. There could have been more jealousy and angst as heroine dates and hero gets in touch with his feelings. Usually the quick shift to love is not very believable, but the friendship alongside the FWB relationship made it work. I also usually have a hard time believing a manwhore is going to become a faithful husband, but maybe this one will. He's not a bad pers ...more
    Michelle [Helen Geek]

Ending = 3 Stars
    Worth the Chili = 2 Stars -- [$5.99 on Amazon]
    Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Mild
    304 pages

There have been a few in this series I haven't read. After reading this one, I'm pretty sure I just lost interest. This was an okay read, but ...

What things did I like?
    1 -- I loved the cover.

2 -- I read a friends review after
    Racquel
    Ok. My least favorite of the series and maybe my least favorite JJ book. This past Saturday and Sunday I reread all of JJ's book except Just the Sexiest Man Alive so I started this on a JJ high but I just don't know. Then again, the first time I read About That Night, I was disappointed with it but its now one of my favorite JJ books and my most reread one. So maybe this is happening again? Eh. I still enjoyed the book and couldn't put it down. I just didn't get the "OMG THIS IS THE BEST!!" feel ...more
    Mei
    A very enjoyable romance!

What I appreciate in this series is that the people in these books act very life-like. Their actions and consequent reactions are real - I think I'll be acting like that in their shoes!

Both Sidney and Vaughn are great! I liked, strange as it may be, his reclutance to commit, even if I found the reason rather tepid. I loved Sidney's reclutance too, but because I could understand what she went trough!

A lovely, easy read. Great diagolgue and a very nice pace!

I'll conitnue r
    Edmiary Ayala (Crazed Bookie)
    Gaah why so far!!!?? I LOVE Julie's FBI/US Attorney series!! I just hope she never gets tired of writing new books for it! There are a lot of people in the whole FBI/Us Attorney business ya' know... she can keep going for, oh I don't know, 20 more books. Lol. Seriously can't get enough!

Oct. 2013

THAT DESCRIPTION WILL MAKE ME DIE. I looooove the dress; just adore this cover so much! So excited to read this book!
    ✼Danielle✼
    Vaughn and Sidney

Read May 2014
    IT HAPPENED ONE WEDDING was an very enjoyable read. There is just something about James' books that make you happy you've read them. I liked both characters, great banter between them. I liked the wedding aspect too ~~
    • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
    • The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)
    • The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat, #2)
    • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
    • Waiting On You (Blue Heron #3)
    • Her Kind of Trouble
    • The Do-Over
    • Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1)
    • Something Sweeter (Sweet, Texas, #3)
    New York Times bestselling author Julie James practiced law with one of the nation's largest firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. After Hollywood producers optioned two of her scripts, she decided to leave the practice of law to write full-time. Her books have been translated into sixteen languages and Julie’s next novel, SUDDENLY ONE SUMMER, will be available June 2.

Julie
    More about Julie James...

FBI/US Attorney (5 books)
    • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
    • A Lot Like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
    • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
    • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
    Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1) Just the Sexiest Man Alive A Lot Like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2) Practice Makes Perfect About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)

“The innkeeper
    pointed between Vaughn and Sidney. “Have you two been together long?”
    Sidney blinked, then gestured at Vaughn. “Him and me?” She laughed. “Oh, no. Noooo, no, no.”
    Vaughn smiled at Lauren, nonplussed. “In case you missed it, that would be a no.”
    20 likes
    “She noticed that the man at the table next to her, in his sixties, was watching her. Clearly, he’d
    caught the show.
    “Well, he asked for my opinion,” she said defensively.
    “I’m just wondering what you’re going to do to the next guy who walks in,” the older man said.
    “They’re gonna start taking them out of here in body bags.”
    Probably it was high time she left this coffee shop.”
    16 likes