Start by marking “A Desperate Man: Volume 1 (A Desperate Man, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Desperate Man: Volume 1 (A Desperate Man, #1)

A Desperate Man: Volume 1 (A Desperate Man #1)

Fantasies - we all have them.
For some it’s their dream job; others want the wedding, the 2.5 kids, the white picket fence.
My fantasies are a bit more...depraved.
Dark and sinful, they have destroyed relationships and my livelihood, yet I still submit to them like a slave.

For most, it’s a natural expression of love, caring, or lust.
But there are those of us who can’t s
88 pages
Published December 16th 2014 (first published December 15th 2014)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
1 I-expected-more star. Review posted December 18, 2014

photo oie_6c1QKZCyeIge_zpsa2rfjcec.gif
 photo oie_Y23ALSaOp5Np_zpsen6qahtf.gif
He knelt beside his (view spoiler)
Dec 16, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: messed-up-reads
4 desperate stars!

photo fbb153e0-e26d-4394-96fc-6b3606eb046c_zps2e13eff1.jpg
Part of the craving deep inside, the one that insisted he reach out and take. And take. And take. Never satisfied. Thirst never quenched.

I honestly had no clue what this book was about when I picked it up. I didn’t even read the blurb. I read it solely because it was written in part by Ella Frank. A Desperate Man is so different from any other serial I’ve ever read. If you’re tired of reading the same old same old, I recommend you give this one a go!

photo 3ba57e83-069d-4051-a097-7470b0906d39_zps50a06426.jpg

Evan James is a despera
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

If he could live in pussy, he would. It was his weakness, his addiction, the one thing he'd give up anything and everything for. And he nearly had.

I'll be honest, I didn't even bother reading the blurb when I saw the chance to receive an ARC of this book. Ella Frank is a permanent fixture on my auto-buy list. She just seems to have this midas touch and she hasn't let me down yet. Brook Blaine is a new to me author, and together these two are a force to be reckoned with.

Firstly, I have

Title: The Fantasy (A Desperate Man #1)
Series: A Desperate Man #1
Author: Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine
Release Date: 16th December, 2014
Rating: 4 "Blondie" Stars
Cliffhanger: -
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo FB79E3AB-0937-4860-972D-9072CEFFA57D_zpsyu3vrp3y.jpg

I've just added Evan James to my list of most intriguing Anti-Heros. At one point he had it all. Handsome, rich, with a successful career. What we are introduced to however, is the Evan almost at rock bottom, dwindling in the aftermath of his excess.

His addiction we discover is sex
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 4 "thirst never quenched" STARS **

The strongest drug that exists for a human is another human being.

This book is so deliciously unique, I want to get in-between the pages, snuggle close to the cover and stay there for days! THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE AUTHORS! That's how you write something different! That's how you get out of the endless circle of "doormat girl meets alpha male" storylines!

Good job, ladies! Good freakin' job!

Meet Evan James. A man slave to his addiction to sex. Don't get me
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
"My name is Evan James, and I am a sex addict."

That one sentence says so much. I don't think I've ever read a book about a sex addict, in fact, I know I've never read anything to this extreme.

Evan's life is screwed up (pun intended)...he's lost his job, his money is almost gone and he will do anything, anything to get matter how depraved it is. (I will never look at baggies and vaseline the same!)

The story starts with him going to town with a hot blonde...and he just can't get enou
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Very Intriguing Stars

photo AB37AC1E-B36E-4315-AD80-D3A0B28454B8_zpscuz0vkbj.jpg

Well what a sexy Ass number this was, yet I found myself gripped to the pages and invested in Evans problem and above all emotionally involved in why he has this issue in the first place...

Ok ok here we have one sexy Man who is addicted to Sex in a way it's his life, and he's not living fully because he needs his next fix and will do whatever he can to get it. That also means his life has suffered the consequences of his actions, there's only so much you can hide and cov
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.25 Desperately Addicted Stars!

Well, Evan James, I have one little request....
 photo 0FAC6921-EEBC-47E4-9D19-A46DA22D47F9_zpskhzbcuds.gif
I'll be happy to help you with your little problem.

Evan James is a sex addict. Pretty much no better way to state it. But when his one night with a hot blonde, Reagan Spencer, turns into an addiction to the just thought of her...he's thrown way off his game. Couple that with the fact that his one time liaison is now is boss, keeping it in his pants has never been such an effort.

photo 08781192-1416-4E50-8062-3ABA2979E9C1_zps0ghhaiur.gif

Obviously this book promises a healt
Feb 22, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
4 Hot and Quick Read Stars!
This was a quick one that I loved!

Evan is addicted to sex. He meets a woman and they have a wild night filled with multiple organisms. Evan doesn't do repeats. But for some reason he can't get the hot as hell blond out of his head. She's ruining everything. He can't get off without thinking about her.

If he could live in pussy, he would. It was his weakness, his addiction, the one thing he’d give up anything and everything for.~Evan

Because of his addiction to sex Evan
Jan 07, 2015 MELISSA rated it really liked it
4 Addicted Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo 13ea3c89-22d6-4a1b-8e18-e49c7c4c0ded.jpg

photo 2da22055-3c9b-4be7-a684-26a664250ac8.jpg

Evan James is a gorgeous single guy living in Manhattan, New York. He is at a low point in his life after losing his job eight months ago. He also has emotional issues and a very advanced not so healthy sexual appetite. He is a playboy who is always fixated on getting laid, but doesn't do repeats.

photo anewyork.gif

He has a one night stand with a beautiful blonde, and from then on can't get her out of his head. She becomes a growing obsession, and he has an uncontrollable cravin
~ Stéphanie ~

A desperate man ketp calling me ever since it was published. I resisted reading it because I didn't want to read a serial without knowing the release date for each instalment. My memory can be shitty like that.

But now with the third part being released on September 13, it was finally the time to get acquainted with Evan James

Evan James is a man with an addiction and the easy kind. Nope Evan is addicted to sex!
His life is a complete mess. He has no job and the worst of all he couldn't care less.
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review

[image error]

Ella Frank...that name alone is an instant MUST click for me. When I found out Ms. Frank is going to be co-authoring a book with new author, Brooke Blaine, lets just say that I was so ready to get my hands on this book. Like the title I was desperate and I knew this book was going to be one hot sexy dirty read and these two authors did not disappoint their fans.

First and foremost, if you are expecting a typical romance then I’m
Alex is The Romance Fox
I loved this author's Exquisite Series and Blind Obsession so I was expecting a really good read.....but really...this was a total disappointment.

A sex addict who falls for his boss....blah blah blah!!!!

I know this was a very short read...jeez...I really hate the serialize novellas being offered these days......but in this case, it was a total relief...the shortness of the story that is!!!

And ...what....Evan is WHAT????
 photo images_zps2321566c.jpg
Wait, book 2 is Reagan's (Evan's boss!!) we get same story jus
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

3.5 “desperate” Kisses

There was absolutely no way that that synopsis wouldn’t catch my attention. Plain and simple…I had to read this book. I’m not a huge serial reader, at least not until all of the books are out, but something was telling me I needed to read The Fantasy. And I’m glad I listened.

Evan James…oh my poor, poor Evan…he is in every way an addict. He’s completely ruled by his need for sex…for release…for the high that he gets from it. It controls
Sep 07, 2015 Judy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic, steamy
Evan James is just that.. desperate!

This is the first volume in a new series consisting of three books. Yes, it is short and it leaves you hanging... but HOLY HELL are you left craving more, more, more!!!!
Almost as bad as poor Evan craves sex!

Evan has an addiction. It's made him desperate, crazed and out of control... and Ella and Brooke have done an amazing job making you feel that overwhelming pain and desperation.
It's dirty, naughty and oh so tantalizing.

An awesome and intense beginning to
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝
I enjoyed the opening but as the story went on, I kinda lost interest. Reegan was making me sleep.
After reading Paper Swan, this book just didn't meet the mark.

Maybe I need to try another day.

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Wait... WTF was that all about?!
Dec 20, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing

That was H.O.T! But with Ella Frank's named attached to it would you expect anything less? I think not. I think by the time this serial is over there will be more sex addicts in the world, myself included. Don't judge! I'm dying for the next installment. Early 2015 cannot come soon enough. If you are an Ella Frank fan this is a MUST read for you.
Dec 30, 2014 Kiesha rated it it was ok
This novella was so disappointing! I expected so much more from
this story because it was written by Ella Frank. I've read other material by this author and thoroughly enjoyed it but not so much with this one. I give it 1.5 stars.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
Hmm...scratching head
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this new serial, but I love Ella Frank, enough said. I knew that if she had anything to do with this project then it had to be good. It was very short, as are all serials, just enough to sink our teeth into and then it gets yanked away before we get a good bite. I'm very intrigued by Evan, wondering how he ended up where he is now, having lost everything due to his addiction. I'm very curious about this subject now, wanting
~ Cariad ~
Dec 28, 2014 ~ Cariad ~ rated it it was amazing
4.5 (so much potential) stars

Hoping for so much from this series! Here's my full review...

Jan 13, 2016 Maree rated it it was amazing
I just adored this amazing sexy. Just a fastidious read That I just so enjoyed this book. Meeting Evan James, the gorgeous, sexy man who is in fact a complete sex addict. Well, now I have your attention.

This series looks very exciting. So much more. I just can't wait to read more!!
Angie IsA ReadingMachine
I'm impressed. I thought Evan displayed the true signs of a sex addict. He was always chasing the high of a release. He wasn't picky about his partners - rich, poor, prostitutes, he even contemplated giving a man a go. And even though we meet the heroine right off the bat he wouldn't be a true sex addict if he only had eyes for her.

The author did a great job capturing the realism. Evan's addiction isn't something he wears proudly. He's lost jobs and he's constantly ashamed of himself. I'm looki
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Dec 18, 2014 Ang (Sizzling Pages) rated it really liked it
For more reviews visit

4 Stars

Reading The Fantasy (A Desperate Man #1) was a head-trip and unlike anything I’ve read from author Ella Frank. Brooke Blaine’s work is new to me, but I’m a fan of Ella’s Exquisite series and come to like her sensual writing style. This story is by no means romantic. It was an introduction into the life and world of a man, Evan James, whose sex life is raw, primal, essential to his existence and desperately
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Dec 15, 2014 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Wow!! This is a whole new side to Ella Frank. This book is sex personified but what else do you expect when the male H is a sex addict. He has a lot of issues!! There was one scene at around the 60% mark that had me mind is still in shock!! This is certainly an intriguing start to what seems is going to be a mind opening and intense serial. (full review to come)

The Fantasy (A Desperate Man #1) by Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine
4 stars!!

“The strongest drug that exists for a human is a
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Evan James is - as we already learned in the blurb - a sex addict.
That's what basically ruined his life 8 months ago.
The only things he has left now are his apartment and his car.
And his sex addict-ways are nowhere near stopping. He goes out almost every night and he never has problems finding willing ladies - not in a huge city like New York.
Having lost his job 8 months ago, means that he is almost out of money.
But things might change for the better - he has a job interview.
But of course it cou
Give Me Books
Sep 10, 2015 Give Me Books rated it really liked it
Evan is a sex addict, might as well just get that out in the open now. He can also be called a manwhore, a kinky fucker, and a whole lot of fun.

He has some…interesting is a good word…things he does to relieve himself of the pressure building up in his nether region. He will do just about anything to chase the high of orgasm, and when I say anything, I mean it. There are some things he does in this book that I never would have thought about but I am missing the dangly bits between my legs, so th
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
Dec 18, 2014 Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
I did not even read the blurb regarding this book, with the name Ella Frank on it, I knew it would be good and I was not disappointed. After reading this book, I am also looking forward to Brooke Blaine's future work.
Needing and wanting are usually two different things but not for Evan, he needs sex just as much as he wants sex. He's also not too picky with who or how he gets it. That's what being a sex addict will do to you. Picking up a hot blonde in a bar one night turned his life up
Sep 18, 2016 Raquel rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance-erotica

I've really enjoyed and loved some prior books by Ella Frank, so when I saw this free on amazon, decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, didn't like this one. The writing wasn't bad, but neither the story nor the characters left me wanting to continue on with the other books in the series. I think I was expecting a bit more. I actually struggled to finish it, despite being such a short book.
Ana Medeiros
Dec 29, 2014 Ana Medeiros rated it really liked it
Just finished reading The Fantasy (A Desperate Man, Book one) by Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine and I am happy I did! Loved the fact that is written from Evan's POV and it gives the reader a chance to understand what he's dealing with. Often sex addiction is portrayed as just an excuse, mostly used by men, to fuck anything that moves and that is problematic. There are people, men and women, who see their lives destroyed by their constant need for sex and, rarely, we are given a realistic depiction ...more
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please add new cover 6 44 Jan 27, 2015 06:51PM
  • The Widow (The Professor, #3)
  • Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (Dark Duet, #1-3.5)
  • The Finish (The Finish, #1)
  • Strictly Temporary (Volume #2)
  • Savor Me
  • Front Man (Front Man, #1)
  • Confession (Curio, #5)
  • Knight & Sleigh (Knight, #2.5)
  • Grace (Under Mr. Nolan's Bed, #3)
  • Flash Point
  • Gravity
  • In the Arms of a Soldier (Soldier, #3)
  • The Storm (The Storm, #3.5)
  • StepSister Devotion I (A Stepbrother Romance, #1)
  • Overwhelmed (Blurred Lines, #1)
  • A Peek Beyond the Consequences (Consequences, #4.5)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
Author of Contemporary and Erotic Romance
More about Ella Frank...

A Desperate Man (3 books)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 2 (A Desperate Man, #2)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 3 (A Desperate Man, #3)

“The strongest drug that exists for a human is another human being.” 4 likes