Start by marking “Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1)

Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  26,529 Ratings  ·  2,865 Reviews
“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”

Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility.

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious
Published August 30th 2013 by Pepper Winters (first published August 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tears of Tess, please sign up.

Jessica I have read both this and Captive in the Dark series, but I can honestly say you'll get more first person brutality from this series. The first book…moreI have read both this and Captive in the Dark series, but I can honestly say you'll get more first person brutality from this series. The first book is a bit rough around the edges (meaning how it was written, lacks much needed editing), but the plot is good and gets better throughout the series. It's not for everyone by any stretch of the imagination. It's dark, not like sexy bondage dark, but kidnapping, rape and torture dark (and some sexy bondage dark too). And 'Tears' it's less about revenge and more about the characters healing, I personally don't associate the two series but I can see how some people would. (less)
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Best Dark Books Ever
945 books — 1,330 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,070 books — 3,424 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
5 sparrow stars
 photo 8720e6e3-88d8-4d0d-bff9-624fdf7144b8_zps7f124a01.jpg

Tess Snow is a twenty year old college student who lives with her boyfriend, Brax, in Austarila. Brax and Tess have a good relationship. It’s sweet, simple, easy.
Brax wanted me. Brax was safe. I loved him in my own way.

Brax is everything Tess could ever want in a boyfriend. Everything with them is perfect. Except their sex life. Tess has always had different wants and needs than her boyfriend. She wants to try to step out of the box with Brax, and what better time to do that t
Jessica Edwards
This is was the first Pepper Winters' book that I read, and I have no regrets. None at all.
After reading this book , I'd found my favorite author.
Everything Pepper Winters writes, I will read it because I know that it won't be disappointing.
This book is one of my unforgettable reads. It is that good.
I should say this before I review this book that it's a Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery and non consensual sex.

Tears of Tess is about 20 year old T
Maddie
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Maddie by: Candace
For more reviews please visit BLOG

Before you read this review look at this gif below and then proceed with caution! This is one tornado read I could not stop ;-)

My review

Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters Book Trailer

This sentences left me speechless

"A human is adaptable. A human heart is not."
"Monsters find each other in the dark."

description

I need to say this is a raw emotional read that deals with the most feared topic of human t
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
Actual rating: 2.5 Stars

It pains me to give this book anything below 4 stars, I really had high hopes when I started reading this book. The prologue was intriguing and for about 22% I was really enjoying the direction and pace of the story. But after that the story started losing it's allure for me, the captor wasn't what I expected. There is a very delicate balance when you are writing a captivity story, you have your two roles: Captive and Captor. When the line between the two starts to blur,
Jacqueline's Reads

6 Captivating Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words CAN.NOT describe what a beautiful, emotional, gut-wrenching, soul-searching kind of read Tears of Tess was for me.

I simply LOVED it!

My emotions through-out

At 1% when I read

I wanted a new label. One that said: girlfriend who will do anything to be tied, spanked, and fucked all over rather than adored

I just knew I was going into something special.

At 11% I was like OH SHIT!

At 30 % I had a big smile on my face

At 46 % I was just a BALL. OF. EMOTIONS!!!

At 6
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo WintersMonstersinthedark1TitebySueBee_zpsc5150da3.jpg
 photo ToT1storyxBbysb_zpsfd65b9af.gif
★★★★★! Tears of Tess, book 1 of 3.5. Tess’ dark journey of sexual exploration as she meets her new owner, the enigmatic Q!

“I’m not afraid of hurting you. I’m afraid of how far I’m willing to go.”

This series should be read in order:
Book 1: Tears of Tess
Book 2: Quintessentially Q
Book 3: Twisted Together
Part 3.5: Je suis a’ toi

Tears of Tess (book 1) opens up to Tess Snow, Tessie aka Esclave traveling with her boyfriend Brax to Cancun, Mexico. On a daytrip sightseeing on a motorbike Tess is
Debra

4 STARS. ♦

Tears of Tess is an emotional, intriguing and captivating story that starts out with a very ominous prologue that managed to grab my attention form the very first page. After that there are some more disturbing scenes, it is a kidnapping story after all, but nothing that went over the edge of being too dark or disturbing.

Tears of Tess is the story of a young girl named Tess Snow who gets kidnapped while on vacation in Mexico. After that she is sold to a man who plans to own her as a
Khadidja Megaache
5 stars for this twisted disturbing dark novel

i loved every word in this book , it was amazing , captivating , so disturbing yet i couldn't stop reading it

the story is a about a girl "Tess" who was abducted and almost raped in mexico i couldn't help but to feel sad for the things she had to go through in mexico and then the day came and she was sold ! to a wealthy man in france "Quincy AKA Q" who also abused her and fucked her brains out but she couldn't help but to fall in love with it and wit
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Attention Please! Pepper Winters shared bonus epilogue for this book!!! Pls click this link to download it. ;)
Enjoy your reading... :)

-----------------------------

Oh my sweet God! I definitely LOVED this dark and twisted love story. And I fucking enjoyed every damn second. :D

Q, Master, Maître, Quincy. I think you captivated me too... Oh God, I need help!!!

WARNING: Some parts of the book was really, really disturbing and not easy to read it. If you're under
Rachel Reads Ravenously
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: Jasmine
4 esclave stars!

"Monsters find each other in the dark."

photo tears of tess.png

This is one of those books where I am kicking myself for not having read it already. To be fair, it's a dark one and I was afraid of it going in. But surprisingly, I expected it to be a lot darker than it was so I was very happy that I could read this book without freaking out (at least, as much as I expected to).

Tears of Tess is about Tess, who goes on a surprise trip to Cancun, Mexico from Australia with her boyfriend Brax. The tw
Amy (Foxy)
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Kristin (KC)
10 Authors, 10 Novels, 1 Cause ->http://amzn.to/1nYgliy $.99

10. Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters

To read a blurb about each book -> http://bit.ly/1tWvS9E
******************
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession

I really, really wanted to like this book. I read the reviews, and thought it would blow my mind. Something different. The story plot sounded great, and the reviews for the most part are great, but I just couldn't connect to this book. It wasn't even as dark as I expected. I have read a handful of Dark romances, and loved them, but this one didn't do much for me. I didn't really get it. Tess gave me whiplash she was so all over the place. I didn't connect to her at all. She made no sens
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Jul 17, 2013 added it
Recommended to Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* by: Soraya Naomi

Let’s keep this short and sweet. I am not rating the book because I don’t think that’s fair right now. I enjoyed certain parts of Tess’s story but I didn’t enjoy another parts and rolled my eyes to no end.
Tess is a girl who has dark desires but she has a vanilla lovely boyfriend. Brax takes her to Mexico for a romantic trip but life has different plans for Tess. She’s suddenly kidnapped and sold to Q, a French hot Master who is (apparently) a dark monster.

I want to remark ‘apparently’ because he
La-Lionne
I can't... I just... My god, the heroine of this book...
description

To say that this book is predictable would be an understatement of the century.
The first twenty or so present of the book are uses to introduce us to the heroine and her boyfriend. They have the most boring relationship on the planet. She loves him, thinks he's great and hopes that he will propose to her. At the same time, every time she says something good about him, she always adds that he can't satisfy her sexually. He is so great, so a
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
BR WITH KRISTINA
description

This book totally let me down.I was expecting more!THere was too much promotion for this book and I was expecting that it would be amazing!Finally all this enthusiastic anticipation turnt out in a really dissapointment..

It's a story about a young girl called Tess who went for vacation in Mexico with her boyfriend and there she was kidnapped and became slave of Q.
description

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”

In this part I foun
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Beginners in Dark & Twisted Stories
Recommended to Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ by: Soraya Naomi
3 Not-at-all-what-I-was-expecting Stars

A human is adaptable. A human heart is not.

description

Human minds and souls are unique and complex. Powerful and capable of both cruelty and tenderness. No one is to blame for their personal choices. Nobody should be ashamed of their preferences. Fantasies are to be played out. Monsters become dangerous when caged for too long and birds should be let free to fly.

Tess Snow is a young woman feeling alone and undesirable. Unfilled passions and fantasies overwhelm her day
xrysa
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
2,5 confusing and not too dark stars

I have no words!I expected this book to be awesome,amazing,a mindfuck.Oh wait... it was a mindfuck... in a bad way...It was one of those book that you read and wonder "What was the puprose of this book?"First of all,let's say that it was not as dark as it's been promoted to be.Aside from the cruel start and a few other moments the book was lightly dark or sometimes not dark at all.

Plot:
Her name is Tess and she has an ostensibly good life.She seems happy a
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5 Delicious, engaging and gripping stars*****

photo 30A194BB-1556-4E9A-8487-471A151EC6E5_zpsylfgxdrs.jpg

Eeek I fell in love with this book, I fell in love with this journey but above all I fell hook line and sinker with these Characters, Q and Tess's story is passionate and yet beautiful at the same time.

To me this was a story about finding the depths of our inner selves or mainly Tess's inner self and how both Tess and Q found and are still finding themselves, am I making any sense?

Let me explain

Tess was made into a family that didn't want her, nor
Rag
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reread:6/12/17

5 'Captivating' Stars

photo image_zps6e4e810b.jpg

Brax surprised Tess to a vacation to Mexico. Tess thought that this was her chance to relax, spend time with her loving boyfriend, and to figure out who was she.

“This trip would allow me to inspect who I truly was, to be honest, and find the real me."

Tress loves her boyfriend Brax. He's everything you could ever want in a guy. He was loving, supportive,sweet, kind, and safe. They both loved each other and there's nothing they wouldn't do for each other. But th
Glass
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wtf, mind-fuck
Review posted on Way Too Hot Books

I am sorry, but I just don't like it...

I have to admit that I wasn't sure about writing review for this book. I always feel bad when I don't have lot of good things to say about ARC I requested. But then again it is honesty that is appreciated, right? This will be short.

Tears of Tess first got my attention because of pretty cover. After reading book description, I was sold. Dark, hot, erotic - check. Taboo, twisted, Stockholmish - check. Yes, my inner perv was
A. Bookzilla.
ON SALE or $.99!

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen.

SIGH. I LOVED THIS BOOK.

Pepper Winters has amazing story-telling skills.

The change Tess undergoes as a character from this... naive, slightly desperate girl to a very strong female character in the end was amazing to see. I STRUGGLED WITH TESS. In the beginning. So it should say something that by the end I was giving her a fictional high-five girl power kpow! With every blow she takes, she just comes out stronger and better, and trust me, she takes a lo
Belle Aurora
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 WTF, couldn't-stop-reading, effed up stars!

I'll keep this review short and post a more detailed one when the book is live.
Tears of Tess. Pepper Winters. Dark romance. What more could you want?
Maybe this book isn't as dark as I assumed it would be. Did that bother me?
Not one freaking bit.
I started this book mere hours ago and its now 3:17am in Aus and I had to write this review NOW.
This is a great debut novel for Pepper Winters. Can't wait to share more at a later date (15 days!).
Pepper has
CC
4.5 “Tu es à moi” Stars

The story of Tess and Q is a complicated one layered with an array of emotions due to the nature of their introduction. From the beginning, Tess is confronted with a multitude of physical and emotional assaults, but she is adamant about not losing her true self. What she does find is a man that can give her what has been missing from her life…pain, pleasure and unadulterated dominance. However, what is the price Tess must pay to submit to her desires?

Tess is a strong chara
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ

My reaction when I see Dark Romance...
description

Yep, That me!! They scare me big time!! I can’t stand assault, violence, rape, Trafficking. These are usually elements for my nightmare. At some point I needed to be brave enough to come out of my comfort zone that’s when “Tears of Tess” came along.

Three little words.
If anyone asked what I was most afraid of, what terrified me, stole my breath, and made my life flicker before my eyes, I would say three little words.

I was sold.

Just first few lines from Prolo
Jennifer Kyle
3.75 ~ 4 Stars

description

I really enjoyed Pepper Winters’ writing and I think she is very talented. She has a really nice flow that made the story line work.

We are once again kidnapped in Mexico and fall into the seedy world of human trafficking. Seriously, I may never go to Mexico after all these types of books.

Tess, the main character really drives the message to a reader that she is not satisfied with her sex life with her longtime boyfriend, Brax. I mean the author makes this very clear that Tess wan
Didi
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of dark and gritty romance
********** 4.5 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ************

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THINGS HOLY!

THIS WAS BY FAR THE DARKEST, MOST PROVOCATIVE, MOST CONTROVERSIAL BOOK IN ITS GENRE!

AND I LOVED IT.

Tears of Tess is not your average captor tale. It's not your average dark romance with a redeemable hero. It's not your average heroine being rescued by her meant to be.

it is:
HORRIFIC
SCANDALOUS
BRUTAL
UNFORGIVING

AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND, MINUTE, HOUR, DAY, IT TOOK TO READ IT.

Tess Winters is a 2
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

Three words.

I was sold.

Dark and Gritty. It was everything I expected, yet not at all.

Tess was a girl who craved acceptance, yearned to belong and ached to feel passion; living a settled and monotonous life with her boyfriend, yet lonely and wanting more. One bad decision thrust her into a nightmare, and in the darkness she found a monster...her monster.

Q was a man wrestling with demons. Fighting urges and cravings that lived in the darkest part of his soul. Somehow Tess’s spirit
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Rating: 4.5 ★'s

Whenever I see friends giving out recommendations for dark reads, Pepper Winter's Monsters in the Dark series is always on the list.

Dark.

Gritty.

Intense.

Deliciously Twisted.

Words that I have seen commonly used to describe this series and after reading Tears of Tess, I couldn't agree with them more! Seriously, why did I wait so long to start this series!?! I was consumed by this story, anxious to see what was in store for Tess, intrigued by the mysterious Q, and unable to put this b
Sarah Toussaint
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Wow. This was a rollercoaster of inconsistencies, with a stupid, messed up, and confusing heroine, and a weak plot. I almost gave it a one star, but some scenes stopped me doing that. This book was a waste of my time...
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

This story is so beautiful and I had Katy with me and that made my journey even more beautiful!

photo tumblr_mg4z94GWvo1ri9yduo1_500.gif

photo tumblr_m8roo8otsH1qhk6l1havealotoffeelings_zps9c38c785.gif

Q totally swept me away from the start to the end....Let's put it this way -- AM ADDICTED FOR Q!!

photo 9960F8AE-80C7-4C45-9D2A-ED330C4ED025.jpg

Q is broken and yet he hides it all so well... which makes him so mysterious and yet you can feel him.
And Tess, on the hand, was a darling, struggling with her needs and wants.

Q and Tess find each other in one of the worse situation and yet their attraction and need of pain bring them as one!

photo 0724F285-7DD9-4A80-8F1A-EECCD29A6923.jpg

They batt
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)
  • Wanderlust
  • Mafia Captive
  • Abduction
  • Sinister Kisses (SKALS, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • Lost Boy (The Lonely, #2)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • Twist Me (Twist Me #1)
  • Break Her
7151973
Pepper Winters is a NYT and USA Today International Bestseller. She wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex.

She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts
More about Pepper Winters...

Monsters in the Dark (3 books)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
“I want to hurt you.
I want to own you.
I want to devour you.
I want to make you mine.
I’m already yours.”