Start by marking “The Stars Are Falling” as Want to Read:
The Stars Are Falling

The Stars Are Falling

Nineteen-year-old Jenny is more content staring at the night sky than joining her friends on a night on the town. She’s only known them two months, since classes began for her second year at university, but she’s already head over heels with one of her housemates, Dale. Every conversation she’s had with Dale has ended with her stuttering out an excuse to escape.

Then the fi
Published July 3rd 2014 by The Writers Coffee Shop (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Stars Are Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stars Are Falling

Jamie
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting, quick read. The title is very straight-forward and sets the staged for a face-paced story that does not slow down until the end. Simple, straightfoward and even thought-provoking.

Jenny is a student looking to major in Nuclear Physics. She lives with 3 other roommates (Dale, Alexis and Mark) in an off cmapus home. While out star gazing one night she witnesses what is assumed to be a meteor shower but later learns they are Stars. Guardians of Earth, coming to save the plan
Sandi Layne
First, check out this cover. It's a great cover. Please note the falling stars in the black shadow of the person. And that white? It's not what you might think! Read the book and draw your own conclusion. I did!

Second, this is a book set (mostly) in York and that vicinity. I have never been to England and am not always conversant with English terms, but this is a story written by an Englishwoman and once I remembered the American equivalents for "jumper" and "torch" and "boot" I did better.

Birbe
Heather Duff
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jenny is a university student trying to live an anonymous life in York, she has a passion for physics and astronomy, she also has a passion for her housemate Dale but that is something she keeps to herself.

A normal night stargazing comes to an abrupt end as Jenny witnesses what she thinks is a meteor fall to earth close to her house, but it isn't what she thinks it is and as more and more of these objects fall from the heavens she starts to fear for her and her friends lives.

The meteors turn out
Amy Lawrence
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was very very VERY fortunate to read The Stars are Falling by Michelle before it was even a twinkle in a publishers eye.

Stars is a well written, detailed (without being overtly complicated) plot with strong characters and an even stronger female lead and in a time where female characters are either Mary Sues or just awful female leads that fall apart at the first hurdle, Stars brings something to the YA generation, it doesn't actually have. A Sci-fi Young Adult novel that has a strong lead, wi
Elaine
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a YA read that gets straight to the heart of the story and doesn’t let go. Nuclear Physics student Jenny is 19 years old and has always had her eyes set to the stars, even as a child. Instead of clubbing with her housemates, she would rather be staring through her telescope at the night sky. During the same night that her long term crush Dale admits he also has feelings for her, she witnesses the most extraordinary meteor display ever. Things just couldn’t better, right? Wrong. This is n ...more
Rebecca
May 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
When I read the summary for this book, I was instantly intrigued. It seemed unique to the majority of PN reads that are available. While I liked the story, it wasn't a huge page turner. I had a difficult time connecting to the romantic aspect of the story. Jenny and Dale were a cute couple but there were no butterflies for me. I would loved to have read more of their backstory in real-time and not just after the fact. I found Jenny to be a likable heroine; she was strong willed kept her whits ab ...more
Kristen Chandler
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really, really liked the astronomical, save-the-earth themed book from Michelle Birbeck.
It had a great storyline, and while it was fictional, it was still very believable.
I really dug the relationship between Jenny and Dale, even though it moved a little fast. Alexis and Mark were exceptional secondary characters. Most of this book, is pretty fast-paced and action packed, while the 4 main characters are on the run from the Stars.
Probably the ONLY thing I don't like about this book is the co
Kasey Cocoa
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-requested
My middle son and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The writing is solid and well edited. I especially like the way the main female is strong in a believable manner. He likes how she was developed as having strengths that did not suddenly vanish when faced with adversity. While neither of us are romance fans we both feel the relationship was handled well without being distracting or overbearing. The plot starts out interesting and takes the reader on a fun easy to read journey with a well ...more
Katie Lawrence
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Stars are Falling is a excellent book overall. It was always interesting, it never felt like it was boring not even for a second. I like how you are not completely kept dark throughout the book, were given a little hints to figure out if you wanted to. I haven't liked a book like this in a while and because of it I was glued to it for three days. I like how the main character knew what was going, and was brave throughout the book and didn't make her fall down when the going got tough. I love ...more
Crash Reynolds
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
The synopsis detailed a different story in my mind. So I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I enjoyed the story more than I thought I would.
Although for something that at first glance appears to be some sort of invasion story (It isn't really one) it had quite the "Hollywood" ending which I hadn't been expecting until I got closer to the end, at which point I kind of felt cheated.

All in all, good story.

Kelly
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi-fun
A nearly paced down-to-Earth Scifi tale that teaches us a whole new way of gazing up at the skies. Stars are never just what they appear to be...
Lisa
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
amazing read! absolutely loved it!
Ellla Williams
Jun 30, 2014
Chris
Feb 08, 2019
Michelle Birbeck
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Caroline Anastasia Mccaskill
Jul 05, 2014
Paul Tokarski
Feb 26, 2015
Helen
Jul 16, 2015
lemon
rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2015
Dana

• Going Under
  • The Antigone Poems
  • The artisan market
  • Irradiance (The Dream Guild Chronicles, #1)
  • Bootie and the Beast
  • A Darkness Descending (Sandro Cellini, #4)
  • Diver Down (Mercy Watts Mysteries, #2)
  • Samphire Song
  • Wrong Place, Right Time
  • Over the Edge
  • Journey Into the Flame (Rising World Trilogy, #1)
  • Middle School: The Inside Story: What Kids Tell Us, But Don't Tell You
  • WordPress: The Missing Manual
  • Daughter of Oreveille (Oreveille Cycle, #1)
  • The Shift (Time Square #1)
  • Stonefly
  • Cultured Food for Life: How to Make and Serve Delicious Probiotic Foods for Better Health and Wellness
  • Brothers, Bullies and Bad Guys (Boulton Quest #1)
Michelle has been writing and reading her whole life. Her earliest memory of books was when she was five and decided to try and teach her fish how to read, by putting her Beatrix Potter books in the fish tank with them. Since then her love of books has grown, and now she is writing her own, and looking forward to seeing them on her shelves, though they won’t be going anywhere near the fish tank.