Start by marking “Delphi Promised (The Targon Tales, #4)” as Want to Read:
Delphi Promised (The Targon Tales, #4)

Delphi Promised

(The Targon Tales #4)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
An immense asteroid field is on its way to deliver a torrent of pathogens into this galactic sector, guaranteeing the destruction of any civilization in its path. Cyann, astrobiologist and Human-Delphian hybrid, is eager to join the research expedition dispatched to investigate.

Before they leave, she is called upon by the secretive members of a Delphian sect who believe th
ebook
Published June 27th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Delphi Promised, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delphi Promised

Mei
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf, arc-from-author
This book was given to me by the author in exchange for my honest review

As you can see from my reviews of Ms. Reher’s books, I love this series! :D

I've read the book in almost one sitting! Or, better I devoured it! It was just like watching a Star Treck movie: thrilling!

Here Nove is not the heroine, even if she and Ty make their appearance. Here the story is about their daughter Cyann. I'd say that the shift on next generation was great! I enjoyed it very, very much! Loved Cyann - she's great an
Andrea Brokaw
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-digital
In this entry to the Targon series, focus shifts from the space warrior Nova Whiteside to her now-grown daughter. Cyann is less of a guns-blazing type girl than her mom, but is every bit as intelligent, insightful, and plain old fun to pull for, so although I went in expecting to want more than the glimpses we get of Nova, I wound up being more than happy to read about Cy and hoping that we'll see more books starring her.

This is the fourth of the Targon books to be written and falls well after t
Douglas Cook
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you like sci-fi, read this one. The Targon Tales don't get old as each volume is about a different stage of Nova Whiteside's life.

First paragraph
It took some careful maneuvering to finally free herself from a tangled bit of vegetation but, once loose, it was just a short and careful crawl across the surface of the swamp to reach her target. The massive, grey-skinned creature continued to feed contentedly, unaware of the latest parasite to climb up one of its two legs and onto its back.

Reher,
Barbara Eichler-Cline
Adventure and risk

I enjoyed this story the most of the series. What was lost was found and apocalypse was averted. Interesting character interaction and dialogue. Lots of aliens and romance.
Judy Adams
Fine finally

Great story, I really appreciated the full circle of the storyline and great details without boring me. Will try Sethrans story I think.
Meghan
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Fun little closure book for the series.
FM
heather
Dec 30, 2014
S
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is by far the most mind-magey book in the series, and I was seriously struggling with my suspension of disbelief. I didn't like the vagueness of the many phenomena the protagonists encountered (unexplained plasma waves, keyholes, telepathy over vast distances). These books are not terribly well researched, very light on the science and heavy on the fiction. Nova is only in a minor role and her daughter Cyann lacks Nova's energy, sass and military training. As a scientist I don't feel the es ...more
Lana Pinner
Mar 23, 2014
Julie Mackenzie
Dec 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I am a first generation Canadian currently and out of necessity residing on planet Earth (which, in the general and interplanetary scheme of things could REALLY use a catchier name, if you ask me. I mean, imagine heading past Proxima Centauri and someone asks you whence you came and you tell them "dirt". All theological implications aside, that just won't do.)

My first full-length work of fiction,

The Targon Tales (4 books)
  • The Catalyst (The Targon Tales, #1)
  • Only Human (The Targon Tales, #2)
  • Rebel Alliances (The Targon Tales, #3)