Start by marking “Unseen (Will Trent, #7)” as Want to Read:
Unseen (Will Trent, #7)

Unseen

(Will Trent #7)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  24,707 ratings  ·  1,594 reviews
Librarian’s note: This is a previously-published edition of
Kindle ASIN: B00AXIZ3HE.

Karin Slaughter’s novels featuring detective Will Trent are utterly riveting and masterfully drawn. Her latest thriller, Unseen, pits detectives, lovers, and enemies against one another in an unforgettable standoff between righteous courage and deepest evil.

Will Trent is a Georgia Bureau
Published July 2nd 2013 by Delacorte Press (first published May 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Unseen, please sign up.
Sheri I don't think that you absolutely have to have read everything else, since Slaughter weaves in tidbits of the characters' history in every book, but…moreI don't think that you absolutely have to have read everything else, since Slaughter weaves in tidbits of the characters' history in every book, but you will enjoy it more if you have.(less)

·  24,707 ratings  ·  1,594 reviews

Start your review of Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
Karin Slaughter
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Since I can't figure out how to add comments, I want to assure folks that there will be more Will Trent books coming up. I hope y'all enjoy Cop Town in the meantime. I just love Will and Sara so much that I want to make sure I always tell the best stories for them. Sometimes that takes more thinking time than others. Stay tuned!
♥Sharon♥
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ive been skimming this book once again before starting The Kept Woman tomorrow with some lovely ladies.

This book.....this series is AMAZING! I cannot recommend it enough.

Will Trent!!!!!

*****************************************
At the end of September I started this series. I had no idea if I was going to like it or not. I had never read Crime Fiction before and didn’t know what to expect. I love Romantic Suspense but these books were definitely different. There really wasn’t any romance at all
Mo
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
As good, if not better, the second read. I still love Will AND Sara. Lena, I just don't know ... cannot warm to you at all. Looking forward to my BR with Karen, Lisa, Piper, Sharon! Let's start on Sunday night. I know reading a "real" book will be strange ... but it's Will!!!

------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW

4.5.

Jeez, she sure knows how to spin a tale. Will and Sara.

Macon ... folks from the past... Jared, Lena ... Jeffrey's life! It all sort of implodes.

"You're
Beverly
*TANYA*
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
The Will Trent series just keeps getting better and better. A must read. I can't focus on anything else. Lol. All other books have seized to exist for me.
Stephanie Nicholas
This was number seven in the Will Trent mysteries, and out of all of her books (and for those of you who follow my reviews, you know I adore her) it was my least favorite. The plot was hard to follow, and the story was done rather like a patchwork quilt. I had to try hard to keep up with what was going on. Still, the characters were full and vibrant, and there was plenty of action to be had. Number eight was wonderful (I accidentally read it after number one), and her newest novel is coming out ...more
Jonetta
Warning: If you haven't read the Grant County series, don't read this or skip the first paragraph

Will Trent is undercover as ex-con Bill Black, working at a hospital in Macon, Georgia. Lena Adams is now working as the lead detective for the Macon Police Department's tactical unit and is trying to takedown a notorious drug dealer. The two collide when two thugs try to kill Lena and her husband, Jared Long, in their home, seriously wounding him. Jared is Sara Linton's stepson from her marriage to
Jen
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt a little let down by Unseen. Usually the Grant County and Will Trent books by Karin Slaughter are excellent crime thrillers, featuring gripping investigations by Will and Dr Sara Linton. This time around the investigation stalled for much of the book, as the focus was shifted to the return of Detective Lena Adams, last seen a couple of books ago. Lena and Sara have a full on feud going, and this is the book where it all comes to a head. Sara blames Lena for the death of her husband, and ...more
Lo9man88
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was so addictive but that's Karin slaughter for you , especially if you read Grant series the very long and painful history is very captivating ,i really think that the author enjoys torturing and messing with her characters which is great for us but bad for them... Anyway: I'm really glad i picked up this series .. Waiting for my next fix YO :0
Karen
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

I can't believe I made it through the whole series! Well, almost. Still waiting on another release!

This was another fabulous episode in the life of Will Trent. I cannot express to you how much I love this man. He is ... everything. What a wonderful character Karin Slaughter has created.

These stories are intense, I can't imagine having a job where your bad day at work leaves you DEAD, or worse. One thing these books have made me realize is that police officers are highly underpaid.

Wendy
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unseen, by Karin Slaughter, is the 7th book in her Will Trent series. Combined with her Grant County series it is one of my all-time favorites.
Unseen is an exceptional addition that's story focuses mostly on Will, an undercover GBI agent and Lena, a Macon County detective whose paths cross when all hell breaks loose.
Two investigations collide with intense and shocking twists and turns involving both sides of the law.
A dynamic cast of familiar characters, emotional rawness and spine-tingling
Jean
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Detective Lena Adams...” Those are the first three words of Karin Slaughter’s Unseen, the seventh book in her Will Trent thriller series. “Uh-oh,” I thought, or perhaps it was, “Oh, no!” That’s because wherever Lena Adams goes, there is sure to be trouble. Lots and lots of trouble. Sure enough, there was mayhem and death, and some folks thought it was Lena’s fault. Dr. Sara Linton did. To say that she does not care for Lena Adams is the understatement of the century, and when the most recent ...more
♥Rachel♥
So good!

Loved Sara and Will together!! (view spoiler) Oh, my heart! And that was just the romance.

The mystery was pretty darn good, too! Had a different opinion of Lena Adams by the end. (view spoiler)

And thank you, thank you, thank you!!! : (view spoiler) *throws confetti*

Favorite quotes/scene:
Robert
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Even the good dudes are bad. If you want to study the cracks of our society, the miscreants that have taken away every good and decent character and sucked it into a giant black hole, leaving us with this dark void that hovers around like a bumblebee, then Karin Slaughter is an author that should probably appear on your radar, if she hasn’t already. Her characters ooze evil through their pores, and I can’t seem to contain my enjoyment for her novels. Not sure what that says about me, other than ...more
Terence M
Most enjoyable. Great story, well wrapped finish.
4Stars - “I really liked it”! Review to follow.

Here is a “quickie” review because I have just noticed that I said “Review to follow” and I had not done so.
July 6, 2019 – I started listening to “Unseen”, only to put it back on the shelf on July 9 so I could listen to “Red Sister”, (19+ hours long), which I finished on July 18. (It was great!)
When I picked up "Unseen" again, I had to re-listen to almost the whole book as I had lost the plot,
Wendy Darling
Everything, everything, everything a violent crime thriller should be, and the best Slaughter book to date. (view spoiler)

Review to come. Wow.
Andrea
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Karin slaughter,love the will trent series lena in trouble again and Sara blames her for her stepson Jared being attacked and seriously injured in an attack. lena gets the blame for what has happened Sara doesn't trust lena after the death of her husband,now in a relationship with will he goes undercover will Sara forgive him when she finds out.great series recommend her books best to start the grant county series first to know the characters.
Hollis
I wasn't going to award UNSEEN with full marks because of the sheer amount of anxiety it gave me but I'm really happy with the way things turned out for a certain character who gave me a lot of grief in the Grant County series. And also because of the way things went down with Will and Sara in this one. Their relationship is so strong, even when they doubt it or think they doubt it, and the way they fought each other, fought for each other, was heartfelt and sexy and tender and swoons. This was ...more
Debra
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am beginning to think that Slaughter can do no wrong when it comes to writing these gritty crime books!

Will Trent is working undercover using the identity of Bill Black. He is posing as an ex-con motorcycle rider. He has a job working at the local hospital and has also gotten a job as a lookout for a home robbery (or so he is told). Will is back in Macon, Georgia Jeffrey Tolliver's home town.( Jeffrey from the Grant County series/ late husband of Will's girlfriend Sara). You know form this
-ya
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5-stars
I have been rooting for Will Trent since book 1. Karin Slaughter creates a complex, unconventional protagonist to carry the series and in Unseen, I find something new about Will: he has no idea how romantic he turns out to be.

Crime investigation is the focus in each installment for the most part, but the author also writes Will’s love affair with great intensity that captures all the raw emotions such as jealousy, deceits, anger, fear, relief and heartbreak.

This is a top-notch series
Kim
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction

I've been reading crime fiction for almost as long as I've been reading. From a childhood addiction to Enid Blyton's The Secret Seven series and a similar French series, Les six compagnons de la Croix Rousse, I moved on to read my mother's entire collection of Agatha Christie novels when I was a teenager. The love of mysteries survived into adulthood and crime fiction has remained my favourite light reading genre, usually indulged in during the Christmas break, or when a writer whose series I've
Robin
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, 2016
Agent Will Trent is undercover trying to discover the identity of a Big Whitey, the head of an organization that deals with drugs and prostitution. Will is posing as an ex-con named Bill Black and trying to infiltrate the drug scene in Macon, Georgia. Will is keeping all of this information a secret from his girlfriend, Sara Linton, and she is not happy that he is keeping secrets. But Sara has other problems to deal with. Her stepson Jared has been shot when his home was invaded. He is in ICU ...more
Marnie  (Enchanted Bibliophile)
Brilliant as always!
ultrasound

First Sentence: Detective Lena Adams winced as she pulled off her T-shirt.

For long time Slaughter fans this very first sentence promise ructions, turmoil, mayhem and so much more. And truly I was not disappointed.
Even though this book take a different approach to the normal investigative crime solving, it is still action pack, nail bitingly good.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
This book started off a complete and total dud for me. I almost stopped reading it today at around 150 pages. I stopped myself by thinking..This is Karin Slaughter. She has this.
The first half of this book just wasn't her normal style. Sara and Will both came across as whiny babies. Neither one of those two characters are normally like that. Lena was a bitch as normal so I didn't expect much out of her.
After I picked it back up and started reading. Ms. Slaughter's magic started. By the third
Piper
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Loved it!! Review to come.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 Stars

(I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review).

Lena is back and in trouble again...her team was involved in a raid that injured two police officers and now she and her husband are attacked at home. Will is undercover and finds himself on a lookout for the attack on Lena and Jared. Sara comes to Nell's aid as Jeffery's proxy and her anger over Lena's part in Jeffery's murder bubbles up. As Will and Lena search for Big Whitey Sara is just trying to get breathe.

I was
✨Susan✨
The seventh and newest in the great, Will Trent, police procedural series. In this addition Will goes undercover to try to find out who is running a drug ring that is leaving a string of bodies in its wake. Will uncovers more than anyone could have possibly imagined, and when Sarah, his love interest, becomes unexpectedly involved, he is torn and confused on how to procede. Drugs, corruption, murder, and perversion pits detectives, in two seperate branches of law enforcement, against each other. ...more
Janie Johnson
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge
Wow another great book in the Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter. Her writing is always consistent and I have not really been let down yet with her books. I have really enjoyed this whole series and this book is the last to date in the this series. I am unsure on whether or not there will be any other books in this series.

Don't want to give a synopsis on this one since it is further into the series and I feel like it could give away a little of the story. I have to say that I absolutely love
Skip
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-detective
Probably 4.5 stars, but this is the best one I can remember. The book starts off fast with Lena Adams and her husband Jared Long being attacked in their home, with GBI detective Will Trent posing as an undercover thug first on the scene. Will is working at the hospital in Macon trying to figure out if Big Whitey is real and a criminal mastermind. Will's relationship with Dr. Sara Linton is strained by his inability to talk about his history and his undercover assignment on Lena's turf. Sara ...more
Donna
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery

Less than 25 pages into this, I knew I wasn't going to like it. I continued the read anyway, partly because I was feeling lazy and didn't want to swap out my book and partly because I like Karin Slaughter and her Will Trent series. I didn't want to be too hasty.

I did finish it but during and afterwards I felt like I had to wash my mouth out with soap and take a hot shower. It is a gritty book. It really wasn't for me. I felt disappointed.

I'm not sure I can accurately convey my dislike for this.
Mystery/Thriller ...: Spoilers welcome: Unseen by Karin Slaughter 28 123 Jul 28, 2013 06:36AM

• Alone (Detective D.D. Warren, #1)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • The Perfect Husband (Quincy & Rainie, #1)
  • Love You More (Tessa Leoni, #1; Detective D.D. Warren, #5)
  • The Neighbor (Detective D.D. Warren, #3)
  • Fear Nothing (Detective D.D. Warren, #7)
  • Catch Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #6)
  • Live to Tell (Detective D.D. Warren, #4)
  • The Turn of the Key
  • Touch & Go (Tessa Leoni, #2)
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Look For Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #9)
Karin Slaughter is one of the world’s most popular and acclaimed storytellers. Published in 120 countries with more than 35 million copies sold across the globe, her nineteen novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated COP TOWN and the instant NEW YORK TIMES bestselling novels PRETTY GIRLS, THE GOOD DAUGHTER, and PIECES OF HER. Her most recent book, THE ...more

Will Trent (10 books)
  • Triptych (Will Trent, #1)
  • Fractured (Will Trent, #2)
  • Undone (Will Trent, #3)
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
  • Criminal (Will Trent, #6)
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • The Silent Wife (Will Trent, #10)
“I can’t—” Lena repeated. “I can’t do it. I can’t live without him.”
Sara gently pulled her hand away from Jared’s. She smoothed down the sheet, tucked it in close around his side. She looked at Lena—really looked at her straight in the eye.
“Good,” Sara told her. “Now you know how it feels.”
10 likes
“Acid filled Sara’s mouth.

It wasn’t fair.

That’s what Sara wanted to say. To scream at the top of her lungs.

It just wasn’t fair.

Lena wasn’t strong. She would bend, not break. She would recover from this tragedy the same easy way she recovered from every other tragedy before.

Even if she lost Jared, Lena would always know what it felt like to have his child growing inside of her. She could always hold her baby’s hand and think of holding Jared’s. She could see her child laugh and learn and grow and play sports and do school projects and graduate from college and Lena would always, always remember her husband. She would see Jared in her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. On her deathbed, she would find peace in the knowledge that they had made something beautiful together. That even in death, they would both go on living.

“Sara,” Faith said. “What’s happening here?”

Sara wiped her eyes, angry that she was back in the same dark place she’d started at this morning. “Why does everything come so damn easy to her?” She struggled to speak. Her throat clenched around every word that wanted to come out of her mouth. “Everything just opens up, and she always walks through unscathed and—” Sara had to stop for breath. “It’s just so easy for her. She always has it so goddamn easy.”
3 likes