Start by marking “Me, Cinderella? (Cinderella, #1)” as Want to Read:
Me, Cinderella? (Cinderella, #1)

Me, Cinderella?

(Cinderella #1)

One kind deed can change your life forever...

Brynn Tomlin could never afford to follow her heart. But when she sees a stranger shivering in the snow outside of the college library, an inexplicable urge leads her to buy him a hot cup of coffee. It's just a small act of kindness, a few words of conversation. Brynn should be focusing on her finals, after all, not on the man w
Published June 24th 2013 by CreateSpace

Navessa
Aug 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
People say there's too much math in this. Be still my nerdy heart. That alone makes me want to give this book (WHICH IS LISTED AS NA) a try.

The rest of the blame falls on those assholes over at Disney.

*Buddy read with Angela and Sarah starting Aug 30
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
***Copy kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review***

“Me, Cinderella? A dainty, feminine orchid, destined to be plucked? No. I was Artemis, strong and intelligent and cunning.”

A modern Cinderella tale with a twist, this story consisted of a tame, mellow romance with a quiet intensity that truly touched my heart. Aubrey Rose has done a splendid job with this book. There wasn’t a single time I lost interest in the story, never a time when I didn’t feel a connection to the character
Shannon The Show Stopper
I was provided a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review

I honestly feel like this book had so much going for it but it just didn't deliver. I loved the story (even though I hate math) and I loved the characters. I just don't feel like the relationships in the book were fully fleshed out as well as they could have or should have been. (view spoiler)
Claire Robinson
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars.

Me, Cinderella? is one of my favorite genres of book, in that it is a teacher/student romance, I am not sure why I have such a great big soft spot for this sort of story, but I do and I loved this one.

What makes it even better is the fact that although we are talking about two very damaged souls in Eliot and Brynn, the issues they have with themselves and each other are relatable. You won’t find any insta-love, boffing from the first meeting or kinkiness within this book (not that I dis
Katie(babs)
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
The start of this book is very different. I never read about a heroine who loves math. Heroine's rich daddy doesn't care for her and never sees her. She lives with her grandmother, barely making ends meet. The issues with the daddy were glossed over somewhat and seemed just thrown in to give some emotional depth to the story and the heroine's plight.

She meets the hero under unique circumstances (very cute meet!) and they bond. The thing is the hero is a professor, specifically in her department,
CeCe
Could have been good, but did not work for me. It is so frustrating when you think you find a book and think this is the one that is going to get me out my book funk, but it isn't.

The writing was dry. I felt no emotion for either character. There was no real spark. More telling then showing. A DNF for me.

I loved the premise. I love the heroine and I loved that the hero was all broody, but there was no intensity. The romance felt forced. I did not believe it. I was so excited to start this one.
Charlotte
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
Review is also posted on: Thoughts and Pens

Just when I thought that I had found another gem, I was immediately struck with disappointment. Me, Cinderella, a supposedly re-telling of our beloved fairy tale, was not able to extricate itself from the throngs of arbitrarily written fairy tale renditions. To put it simply, I was sorely upset with this book. At some point, it had entertained me but most of the time, the overall story seemed inadequate.

Set in the quaint city of Budapest, Me, Cinderella
Deb Dee (autumn delaney)
3 to 3.5 STARS

Got an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is the fourth student-teacher affair that I've read but by far this is the least intense story. It's a refreshing change and I liked it however, there could've been more done for their story. I felt like it lacked luster and all throughout the book it's too mellow. It's anticlimactic

h: I liked that Brynn is smart,
Stacy Sabala
Oct 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Book Review- Me, Cinderella? By Aubrey Rose

Brynn is a math student at Pasadena University. She lives with her grandmother. Her father is remarried and has a new family, not having much to do with Brynn. Brynn’s mother died when she was in Hungary taking care of her grandmother. She was murdered when Brynn was eight. As a result, Brynn struggles with who she is. She likes math because it is predictable and can be explained.
One day as she is on her way to her math study group she stops by the cam
Aarati
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books-owned
I received this book courtesy of NetGalley.

Me, Cinderella? is a beautiful, mellow and poignant read. Aubrey Rose has done a wonderful job with this book. I loved and enjoyed every part of this book. It touched my heart.

Brynn Tomlin is a 21 year old Math student whose dream is to win the Math internship in Budapest and go to Hungary. But it is not for the reasons you’d think. She wants to go to Budapest to visit her mother’s grave.

On her way to her study group, Brynn sees a man sitting outside
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
**I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

My thoughts on this book!

From page 1 till the end of the book I actually felt depressed!
You know when you read a book and at the end of the book you have this 'ah that was a good and they lived happily ever after' effect... Well even though the book ended like any other book, for me it just didn't come across like they will be happily ever after!

I felt that the author could have elaborated more on Brynn's backg
Shay
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this, guys! Like, surprisingly so. The reviews made me iffy, but I can't ignore a book with Cinderella in the title. It would be like denying a part of my psyche. It was a bit wordy with a bunch of math talk and reminded me of all the Dante talk in the Inferno series, and just like with that series, I was still able to lose myself in the love story. The romance was slightly enchanting and I can't get to the next book quick enough!
Bev
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, a sweet, quick read a did in one sitting. I loved both characters, Eliot and Brynn are both so badly scarred from events in their pasts yet managed to battle through.

A beautiful story that really did need an epilogue, that would have completed the book and earned another star from me.

3.5 - 4 stars
Erica
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
it's been a while since a book has drawn me in this much. i liked how we get each characters POV. though it was anticlimactic (i was like "that was it?"), enjoyed it nonetheless.
Brittany
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
An interesting book, I felt it fit in more with a Beauty and the Beast storyline better... A nice quick read though, not the best writing in the world, but I enjoyed the story.
Samantha Larkin
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wish I had known this book was part of a series, I'm not sure I would have bothered........
Tracey
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it
A sweet contemporary romance with HEA. Well written, nice characters great settings.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Killian
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I had a whole review written out, and GR ate it so the following are the cliffnotes:

Likes:
- I liked the voice of the story and I can't put my finger on why. It was almost sparse, but still getting you where you needed to go. Simple but descriptive.
- I cried twice, people. Once upon a time, I never cried while reading a book, but those days are long past. Maybe I have grown up enough to understand loss. There were two scenes that pushed my bawling-buttons, and they both dealt with Brynn and Elio
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

Source: eARC for Honest Review via NetGalley

We were just two broken people, half-mended, struggling to make sense of the world as best we could.

I had not a lot of expectations when I picked up this book but I was pleasantly surprised with it after reading it.

Brynn was a girl who is struggling with the loss of her mother and all she wants is to go visit her burial plot in Budapest. With her being on her own she has no way to get there expect via her exceptional math skills and the chance to win
Hayley Linfield
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Me, Cinderella? was a fast read and quite a page turner. Great job to the author for writing a book that made me want to read half the night.

The issue I had was that I felt as if I were reading an abridged version of the book, particularly for the first half. The character development simply wasn't there for this to really grasp me. I realize that's the nature of a lot of romance novels, but the story had the potential to be much, much more. The use of mathematics and music as symbols and metap
Buddy Read with Ange and Cory

I had such high hopes for this one but I'm just not enjoying it enough to finish reading it. I made it through the first 40% but I just don't care about either of the main characters enough to want to pick it up to find out what happens next.

I'd seen reviews saying this was very maths heavy which made me a little nervous (I may be a geek but maths has never been my strong point!) but that actually didn't bother me too much. There were a lot of terms that flew straigh
Faye
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I received an arc copy for an honest review.

A 3 - 3.5 stars rating.

It's story line was actually good despite the many math related words and others.

Brynn Tomlin met Eliot Herceg although she didn't known him that time but a stranger bought him a coffee. Although they exchanged names she gave a false one. They met again when Eliot was playing the piano at midnight. Their next meeting was surprise to both because Eliot was actually the guy behind the sponsorship that Brynn attended in order to get
Farrah
Sep 01, 2013 rated it liked it
A little underwhelming to be quite honest. I was expecting a lot from this book, especially since I love fairy tale retellings. Unfortunately, it didn't quite hit all the marks for me. But, overall, it was a lovely book that is perfect for a quick, light, sweet read. Me Cinderella was a nice New Adult romance. I enjoyed reading it.

Brynn was an okay character. Though I didn't understand what her issue was. Why was she so insecure? Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't really get a full explanation
Cerys Lys
Beautiful

This is a beautiful story in all aspects. The prose is just delightful and was a pleasure to read. I know that maybe that's not as important to some, but I've always had a thing for really poetic sounding sentences, and basically everything in Me, Cinderella? is like that. Kind of like high quality chocolate for the literary mind, as opposed to a generic Hershey bar.

The actual story itself is fascinating, too. To be perfectly honest, I'm not the best with math, but I really enjoyed the
Kasey
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought that this book sounded like it had potential, and I'm so glad I picked it up. Brynn sounded so sweet and kind just from the synopsis that I immediately wanted more. I thought that both of these characters were incredibly nice, which in a way is unrealistic, but was also very nice to read about. Eliot had his issues but he was never cruel to Brynn. I would've wished that they spent more time getting to know one another, even at the end of the book I felt like they had so much to learn. ...more
Rachmi Febrianty
This is a sweet-different retelling story of Cinderella. Brynn surely isn't Cinderella, though her life slightly has similar story with her. I love that Brynn always knows what she wants and stood for it. She fights hard for her life, dreams and love, even when her 'prince charming' Eliot rejects and try to stay away from her. She run away from him, in the beginning, just like Cinderella but then she stands for herself, though still have vulnerable moment. I like this different side of Cinderell ...more
Cindy
3.5-4 Stars
I have to say I love student, teacher fall in love stories as long as they are age appropriate, which this is. Brynn is pretty and really smart she excels at math and has fallen for her math professor. Not all is easy for the two of them there love story is one of heartache and pain, but also hope. These two both carry a lot of emotional baggage that keeps them from their dreams.
The story is a cute, sweet take on the original Cinderella story. I like Mrs. Rose writing style. However I
Mira
Jul 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
Received a copy in exchanged for an honest review

I thought of giving this book a 3 or 4 stars but decided to go with 3.5

Cinderella. What comes to our mind when the name "Cinderella" comes? Well I would say that I like stories that are Cinderella-like. I don't know but Brynn helping a "stranger" who was cold and all was not that new to me but I still dig it. Brynn losing her mother and her father who was cruel was different from the Cinderella story we know because this is a "modern" one.
Though
Judy
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review.

Elliot and Brynn are two lost souls, each haunted by a tragedy that has left them unable to love.
This was a quick read that I found both sweet and sad. A couple parts got me pretty teary eyed. My heart broke for Elliot.
I wanted there to be a more "teacher-student" forbidden feel, but it wasn't like that.
A good story, I just wanted a little more.
Making Connections: 1334. - ME, CINDERELLA? by Aubrey Rose 37 144 Dec 11, 2013 11:51AM
New Adult Book Club: This topic has been closed to new comments. # 97 - Me, Cinderella? 110 211 Nov 05, 2013 07:18AM
Some Like It Hot!: Me, Cinderella? (New Adult Romance 42 192 Jul 18, 2013 02:57PM
  • Found (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Dance For Me (Fenbrook Academy, #1)
  • Summer Girl
  • The Object of His Desire
  • I Married a Billionaire: The Prodigal Son (I Married a Billionaire, #3)
  • Mad For You (Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Love, #1)
  • Always (The Always Series, #1)
  • Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1)
  • Sacrifice
  • An Heir for the Billionaire
  • Tied to Him (The Billionaire's Beck and Call, #3)
  • Listed: Volume IV (Listed, #4)
  • Thrown (Promise Cove, #1)
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Desperately Seeking Suzanna (Tricks of the Ton, #2)
  • Getting Played (Jail Bait, #2)
  • Billionaire Romance Boxed Set
  • Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance (Our Song, #3)
Aubrey Rose lives in sunny San Diego, where she likes to lay around in a hammock reading her favorite romances. When she’s not writing steamy stories, she can be found dancing naked in front of the mirror to Abba while her cat watches disdainfully.

Cinderella (2 books)
  • Broken Prince (Cinderella, #2)
“Every sentence I could think of has already been said a hundred times over, by people whose words come out perfect and beautifully formed, where mine die on the tongue or straggle out onto the page, mangled and imperfect. But my story isn’t perfect, because I’m not perfect. Nothing is perfect except maybe in math, in the line that extends forever in both directions. Math is beautiful, I have always known that, but so is life. And I have grown to accept imperfection.” 6 likes
“Life would move on with or without me, and I didn’t need to change myself in order to be beautiful, or happy, or worthly of love. I already was.” 5 likes