Start by marking “Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles, #2)

Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  7,594 Ratings  ·  720 Reviews
In the majestic halls of a crystal palace lies a secret that could destroy an entire kingdom…

Bryn Aven refuses to give up on her dream of serving the kingdom she loves. It’s a dream that brings her to a whole new realm…and the glittering palace of the Skojare.

The Skojare people need protection from the same brutal enemy that’s been threatening the Kanin, and Bryn is there
Published May 5th 2015 by St. Martin's Press

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to St. Martin's Press and NetGalley.)

“If Linnea ran away, you think that’s where she would be?” I looked up at her.
“Either at the lake, or trying to find it.” Mom nodded, her lips pressed into a grim line. “Assuming she isn’t dead, of course.”

I had hoped that this one would be better than the first, but unfortunately that was not the case.

I think Bryn possibly annoyed me even more in this book. Not only
Faye, la Patata
I'm sure you guys have seen my rather lukewarm review to the first book of this series. I was disappointed that the trolls here looked and acted like humans, and I hated some of what Bryn did at the end of the book despite her strong and amazing drive and personality. However, even with all these complaints, I still enjoyed the first book and was nervous to start the second one, lest it be lackluster.

Well, my doubts were surely unfounded because I actually... loved this. O_O

This time around, Bry

Book Two of the Kanin Chronicles
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publication Date: May 5, 2015
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Bryn Aven has always longed to be a part of her Kanin world. Though she has no social status because she’s a half-breed, she refuses to give up on her dream of serving the kingdom she loves. It’s a dream that brings her to a whole new realm…the glittering pala
Cody
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, 4-stars, cover-love
I really enjoyed Frostfire but I still stand by my earlier review, I needed more romance, more action and more intrigue. Ice Kissed delivers this; thank god I carried on with this series!

Frostfire ended with Bryn discovering that the two most dangerous traitors of Kanin are working together but with still no leads on what their end goal is, the kingdom must plan for war. The darkness that has surrounded Kanin regarding Konstantin seems to have spread to Skojare. Bryn is sent to investigate and w
Cait • A Page with a View
3.5 stars. I'm mostly here for the snowy Canadian & Lake Superior settings.
Azbaqiyah
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
My...reading this book as if I'm reading a crime fiction book! Except the setting is in a fantasy world!

And what a plot twist! I love the plot twist. I don't expect it to end like it...
Claire Robinson
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
4 - "So, what do you say, white rabbit?" Stars!

Book two in the Kanin Chronicles literally picks up, where book one Frostfire finished. Bryn Aven, is still very much in the thick of things, and having returned from an unsuccessful trip to the capital of Skojare in search of their missing queen with Ridley Dresden, she throws herself back into her work as a tracker, and even more vehemently into her denial of her building feelings for Ridley.

”I… I wasn’t thinking.”

I must admit I am still strugglin
Mari Lara Jean
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Everything went to hell in nearly five seconds, BUT
"So, what do you say, white rabbit?" Konstantin asked. "Friends?"
YES! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

I'm flying through this series, it's so good it hurts. Unfortunately this second book wasn't as good as the first one, but I liked it a lot nonetheless.
There's even more love and political intrigue, and damn it, I want to know what's happening. This suspense is killing me. Who the hell is behind all this??

Bryn is a fantastic c
Norah Una Sumner
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers,young-adult readers
“So, what do you say, white rabbit?” Konstantin asked. “Friends?”

Wow.This was really good.Bryn was even more kick ass in this one.I can sense a huge character development when it comes to her and Konstantin.This book is really action-packed,full of suspense & great revelations.I seriously love Bryn's friends Ember and Tilda,and Ridley is also amazing-such a great guy.And that ending...happy and sad at the same time.Can't wait to read the last book in the Kanin Chronicles.I have a feeling t
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
So.....Bryn Dresden sounds nice....

FINGERS AND TOES ARE CROSSED
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

4 Stars

A tangled web of lies, deception, traitors, betrayals, all spun around a fierce loyalty, honor, determination, with an utterly sweet, and crazy sexy romance, that will get your blood pumping and chills running. ICE KISSED was a great sequel that I've been highly anticipating.

Being back into the world of THE KANIN CHRONICLES, and reliving the journey and struggles these characters endure, reminded me just how much I missed this world and the adventures it holds. Bryn and Ridley are both
Tammie

Bryn Aven refuses to give up on her dream of serving the kingdom she loves. It's a dream that brings her to a whole new realm…the glittering palace of the Skojare.

Ice Kissed starts off pretty much where Frostfire ended. Brynn and Ridley are reporting to the King and later Brynn has a vision sent to her from Queen Linnea telling her to find her. So off they go to find Queen Linnea, and that eventually l
Beth
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
We are once again thrust deep into the Trylle world with the story of Bryn Aven, a half breed that dreams of being an elite guard to the royalty.

Bryn takes it upon herself to find the missing queen only to find herself locked in the midst of vast political machinations.

Byrn spends a lot of time with the Skojare and the Storvatten tribes so we get to learn a lot more about them.

I enjoyed the story but found many of the side references a little distracting. We know Konstantin Black is out there
Ellie
“His hair was disheveled from sleep, and he wore only a pair of pajama pants, revealing a tattoo of a rabbit above his heart.”

A rabbit.

A. RABBIT.

Because, of course. You are the hot male leader of an army of perfectly trained soldiers, and you have a tattoo of a rabbit above your heart.

Way to kill the mood.
Abbie
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I wasn't a huge fan of Bryn in book one, but in this one I really didn't like her. She was annoying, and after a while, I was sick of her.

Just like book one, I found the pacing pretty slow, which made the story drag. Bryn made it worse.

Overall, Not an enjoyable read.
Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
Ice Kissed is an improvement upon to its first installment, Frostfire, but I can't say that I'm hooked. I wanted to know how Konstantin is tied into this whole mess. I wanted to know what the big secret is behind all of the suspicious aspects. Instead I got a lot of details about all of the characters relationships with one another. This wouldn't be a bad thing but Hocking goes into so much detail of each of her characters' personalities, backgrounds, and feelings that the core of the plot gets ...more
Praiz Sophyronja
I really hope that there is more Konstanstin in the next book. The mystery around him is killing me!
Mateja
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
*4.5*
Shelley
**I received this book for free from St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Paranormal
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Ice Kissed is the second installment in the Kanin Chronicles, picking up right where Frostfire left off. Protagonist Bryn Aven finds herself at the center of a major conspiracy that has left her wondering how far it truly goes, and who she can trust. Skojare Queen Linnea is missi
Natalia
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I loved it, it was a great second book to the series. Even though it has been a while since I've read the first book and was a bit lost at times I found it quite easy to get back in the story and some tragic things occured that I wasn't prepared for so of course I cried and the romantic scenes had me tearing up also. I love this book so much and I am quite excited to read Crystal Kingdom as this book kind of ended on a cliffhanger...
Nancy The book junkie
Review coming soon!
Ezgi Tülü
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Bu kadının kitaplarını cidden seviyorum.
Ella
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Líbilo se mi to asi o něco víc, než první díl. Sice by to chtělo víc akce, protože autorka ty akční scény trošku odbývá, žádné hezké bitky nečekejte, ale i tak se mi to líbilo. Bryn mi konečně neleze tolik na nervy, ve většině případů se chová docela normálně. Ridley je moje zlatíčko a prostě ho budu milovat. Sice to bylo trošku předvídatelné, asi v polovině mě napadlo, kdo za tím stojí, ale nevadí stejně zas tolik možností nebylo, že ano. Jsem moc zvědavá, jak to všechno dopadne.
Cassie C
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Review to come!

Update 7/24/15:

This review is also featured on my blog Novels and Necklaces

Actual rating 4.5 stars

Ice Kissed is a great sequel in the Kanin Chronicles that is full of action, adventure, and romance. It will definitely please fans of the series and Amanda Hocking fans alike. Full of deception and betrayals at every turn, you never know what to expect! The story will have you on the edge of your seat (most times), and leave you breathless until the very last page. The ending of this
Sarah Louise
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I forgot how much I love this world. I read Frostfire, the first book in the Kanin Chronicles, back in January. Six months apart from the series definitely made my memory a little rusty. I know, I know. Six months is nothing. Hats off to Amanda Hocking for writing this series so quickly. Despite my forgetfulness, it was surprisingly easy to find myself back in the magical world of the Kanin troll tribe. Bonus points for the fact that Ice Kissed added a glossary, family tree, and pronunciation gu ...more
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
In Ice Kissed, we see Bryn still troubled by the investigation of the Skojare Queen's disappearance while still punishing herself for allowing Konstanin and his accomplice to escape. With word of her injuries reaching the King, war has been declared on Konstanin with both high society and guards alike being trained for combat. Bryn blames herself but is beginning to realise that Konstanin isn't the enemy, but a scapegoat of the kingdom where tensions have
Katerina
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, favorites
August?? August?? I've barely managed to calm myself and stop sobbing and you're saying the excruciating wait will be over in August??I need a moment to pull myself together and start breathing again.

AMANDA.HOCKING.IS.A.GODDESS.Not only Ice Kissed didn't suffer from the second book syndrome but it was even better than the first!It was an excellent return to the Troll world,from snowy Doldastam to the underwater palace of Storvatten and the fairytale lake!

In Ice Kissed,Bryn has to make peace w
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
How can it end like that??? Seriously, I need answers! And now I have to wait and wait and wait and wait for the next one!

Ice kissed was so freaking awesome! Fast-paced, I barely had time to process before something else happened, full of mystery and so so addictive. Here is a shortened version of my thought process when I finished...

Omg... ARE YOU SERIOUS???? But they just.... And he just said..... And they are about to.... But what about.... Oh FFS now I have to wait!?!?!?!?

Yep. It was that go
Karla
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had an inkling this wasn't book 1. Though it didn't impact on my reading experience.

I really enjoyed the book.

The characters and world building were great. The story line though wasn't great (a little predictable). It was executed well,especially at the end of the book.

Book 3 should be more intense, (the ending of book 2 means that book 3 will be explosive) I have very high hopes for book 3.

Now I must try and get my hands on book 1
Steph F
I need this book in my life now. Right. Now.
Are you team Ridley-Bryn or Black-Bryn? OMG. Why? 8 62 Aug 08, 2017 09:47AM
Guilty Party? 4 13 May 30, 2015 05:13PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles #2) by Amanda Hocking - Starting May 27th 2015 17 9 May 27, 2015 07:11AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Mar 14, 2015 12:17PM
Who wants this book so bad? 1 8 Mar 01, 2015 11:27PM
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • Darth Vader #9
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vol. 2
  • Spider-Gwen (2015) #4
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 4 (Chrno Crusade, #4)
  • Tokyo Ghost #1
  • Black Canary #1
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
Amanda Hocking is a lifelong Minnesotan obsessed with Batman and Jim Henson. In between watching cooking shows, taking care of her menagerie of pets, and drinking too much Red Bull Zero, she writes young adult urban fantasy and paranormal romance.

Several of her books have made the New York Times Bestsellers list, including the Trylle trilogy and Kanin Chronicles. Her zombie series, The Hollows, ha
More about Amanda Hocking

Kanin Chronicles (3 books)
  • Frostfire (Kanin Chronicles, #1)
  • Crystal Kingdom (Kanin Chronicles, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Red Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1)
  • The Gods Themselves
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
“This is Bayle’s meeting, isn’t it?” Kennet asked, looking over his shoulder at the large bronze clock hanging on the wall. “Doesn’t he know it’s rude to arrive late to your own party?”
“When you arrived late to your own birthday party, you told me that was arriving in style,” Linnea reminded him.”
7 likes