Start by marking “Honeymoon for One” as Want to Read:
Honeymoon for One

Honeymoon for One

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  5,316 Ratings  ·  336 Reviews
To escape local gossip, jilted bride Michelle Bradford embarks on her honeymoon cruise alone. Coaxed by a thrill seeking hunk she never expects to see again, she slowly sheds her good girl persona to have some well deserved fun.

But unlike Vegas, what happens on the high seas doesn't always stay there. Her boring sensible reality is turned upside down when the expert hired
ebook, Smashwords, 180 pages
Published June 26th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Honeymoon for One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honeymoon for One

Dali
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Light, short, with steam and a sweet HEA.

I liked it a lot even though it’s somewhat predictable. I mean, come on? How do you think someone will end up going on a “honeymoon for one”?

I enjoyed Michelle’s strong but also fun loving character and her inner shopgirl adviser, especially that she worked through her undesirable circumstances. It was also funny each time Kirk gave his best friend grief for buying into the American dream and ineffectively attempting to deny the fact he was fall
Joy
Aug 23, 2013 rated it did not like it

180 pages

Dumped by her fiance to marry their best friend and urged on by other friends Michelle takes off on her honeymoon cruise alone. There she meets the cynical 'Kirk' who's on board for his annual sex 'em and leave 'em 'no questions asked/no personal details swapped' type fling. Which suits the normally reserved Michelle who not only let her hair down during the cruise but her panties too. No surprise. Ten days later they part ways never expecting to see each other again but in this fate wi
Paula Legate
This is one of the best free Kindle books that I have come across in a while. I really enjoyed it. I think it was the perfect length, and the story line was really good!

Michelle had been engaged to marry Steven. Steven, and Michelle spent a lot of time with Beth, Michelle’s best friend. 3 days before the wedding, Beth and Steven came over to talk to Michelle…She found out she was being dumped, and that Steven was about to marry her best friend.

What’s a girl to do? The honey moon was paid for, s
Melody Cox
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, November 2017 and this is the fifth time I have read this story. I absolutely adore it...hook, line, and little sister!

Oh, my goodness. This book has been lost among the 800 others on my Kindle. For two years and three months, I saw not hide nor hair of it until today when it popped up on Bookbubs and I went to Amazon to buy it...not realizing I already had it. I resent it to my Kindle and got busy. Some reviews on Goodreads were not too kind but I wanted to give it a shot. I was in the moo
Grace  Heyward
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Honeymoon for One is like watching a mindless Lifetime channel love story, without the violence. I loved this story, it held my interest and I finished reading the book in a day. It was lighthearted and a beautifully writing story about a woman, Michelle who is betrayed by her best friend, Beth and fiance, Steven. As the title would suggest, she decides to go on her honeymoon, alone and meets Kirk, with all intentions of "living it up" for 10 days. The characters are well developed and well writ ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Just days before her wedding, Michelle Bradford is jilted and her best friend runs off to Vegas with her fiancé. Her friends persuade her to go on her honeymoon cruise so she does. There she meets hunky Kirk and has a fling.

Not a great fan of novellas and yet I continually read them anyway. Go figure! But this book was fun. There wasn't anything particularly unique but I did enjoy it.
Lynsey A
This isn't a terrible book but there wasn't anything in this book to really make it stand out at all. It was an enjoyable book and kept me interested. It was just kind of so so in the story.
Angel
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful book!!! I loved how real the characters seemed ... I only wish for more of what happened next, I wish the epilogue was longer and told us more...

My thoughts exactly:
-I hate Both the Rat Bastard a.k.a Steven and Beth
-Kirk is ... Awesome,Amazing ... Why?? Why did he give up and went out of his way to look for her??? Now he's Awesome again ... I love him ;)
-Corrie is fun
-Michelle is real and a wonderful character
-I loved the end
-Still hate the Rat Bastard and his wife Beth ...
Maree Repa
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this most lovely romance. It showed the problems how Michelle had after her parents had died & how a once loving engagement can end with her best friend ending up with her guy. How a wonderful getaway with another guy can make everything seem so much better.
J.L.
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
What to say about this book? I have read so many books lately - I think working in publishing would have been a good career.

This book is a very quick read. But the storyline is something that you would likely see as a comedy movie. The characters don't have much depth but the plot moves along quickly so you keep reading it.

There is light sex - definitely not erotic.

The story is based on Michelle a small town girl who is dumped by her fiancé three days before the wedding. But she decides to go o
Chandra
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
AUTHOR: This is a “Friendship to Love” plot and Chris Keniston kept it rolling. Can you spell “shock with romance with laughter”? Chris can. Lastly, allow me to get this straight from me to you. I AM NOT a friend of the author. I DO NOT KNOW the author. I DO NOT say things in a review to be nice. I keep it real.

GENRE: Modern day Romance.

SETTING: small town Bluffview America to a cruise ship and back to Bluffview

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTERS: She carried herself like a librarian though she worked for
Tonileg
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, kindle
Contemporary jilted bride right before her perfect wedding where her fiance runs off with her best friend from kindergarten, Beth and a vacation fling that turns into a HEA.
So Michelle Bradford is from a tiny town and she decides to get out of Dodge when her fiance runs off to Vegas to marry her best friend, so she goes on the paid honeymoon vacation on a cruise in the tropics and on the first day she decides to give up her up-tight personality and have some fun. So she lets go and tries a lot o
Teri
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5, 3 stars...basically, I liked it, but for being so short, I can't go much higher because we just miss out on too much. It is short, sweet, and predictable. However, I think if you go into it knowing that, its an enjoyable little read. I liked the characters (except for Steven and Beth--I mean WTF is up with that?) Anyhoo, cute story.
Lindsay
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet.
India Adams
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was wonderfully surprised! Super sweet book. Much fun.
Pam
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Your groom runs off with your maid of honor and best friend. What is a girl to do but go ahead and go on the honeymoon cruise by herself. On the way, Michelle purchases new and more updated clothes than she normally wears and intends to enjoy herself on the cruise.

Kirk is on the cruise to relax between jobs. He and Michelle hit it off and spend the cruise together- parasailing, windsurfing, dancing, etc. Michelle allows herself to have a shipboard romance to remember when she returns home.

Upon
Pamela
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Honeymoon for one was an enjoyable story to read, I found the plot plausible and interesting. It had a good length necessary to untangle the plot.

I must say that some ideas in this story is like any others, a man meets a girl from a period of time, then they stop seeing each other and suddenly one day the find each other working for the same place, where the man is always the boss the woman is the employee who can lose her job.
Any way, besides of that I found this is a good story, with betrays
Akina
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very entertaining read. I found the plot mostly believable except that the h had no clue that something was happening between her fiancé and her BFF. Really?no clue at all? But I like the honeymoon fling and the chance meeting afterwards. I love how the H always finds himself going to see the h at her house, by her desk, etc but without clear intentions. He is compelled to be with her but resists it just enough to stay true to his initial character without acting like a jerk. Although he tries ...more
Jeanie Jackson
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, x-read-2016
Totally delightful beach read. I love Chris Keniston's romances! The woman are so strong and fun and the guys are so hot but there is always a feeling that they could be people I know.

Michelle's doomed wedding leaves her with lots of expenses and a ticket to a honeymoon cruise. When her friends finally convince her to go alone, she discovers a side of herself that she never imagined existed. After two weeks with an amazing guy she figures she will never see again, she heads home to her very ord
Christina Montminy
Was really good. I enjoyed my first read by his author. After having her wedding cancelled & her fiancé & best friend getting married in Vegas, Michelle goes on her honeymoon to get away. What she doesn't expect is to enjoy herself or to meet someone. Michelle & Kirk have a great time together & when it's done they're both unhappy but neither is ready to change the situation. Fate is funny though when Kirk is hired on to restructure the newspaper that Michelle works for & thi ...more
Tiffany
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
I loved how it was written, it was engaging and there was only one part where it lagged a little. The story was nice although I wish Michelle had gotten angry with Beth and Steven, instead of being so passive. (view spoiler) It would of been nice if she had spent some time discovering herself or something during the cruise, or right after she got home. Not much happened after the cru ...more
Sharyn
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was a bookbub free read that I read on the phone. Light reading, story of a woman who is about to be married and her fiance and best friend elope to Vegas, so she goes on the honeymoon cruise on her own. Meets great guy, has a fling, doesn't even know his last name, so expects never to see him again. Well I guessed the next 2 plot points, so no surprises. Did not feel in a rush to finish, as I do with some of my phone books (go home and finish on the Kindle)but a good, standing in line or w ...more
Janeiowa
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Is a quick, entertaining read. Yes, the plot is predictable, but it still held my interest with some side issues that held my interest and kept me reading.
The author has also done a good job with editing and proofreading...tasks that many authors these days seem to think are unimportant. They aren't for many of us.

Randy K. Ross
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read!!

y liked this book! Situations that could befriending real life, done by real people & told in a can't wait to turn the page style!
Renee
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
super quick beach read. a little predictable but cute story
Ingrid Thomas
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Its short, kind of predictable but delicious! You have fun reading it!
Tia
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
I have no excuse. Except it was free.
Ree Gatlin-Davis
Great love story

I love romantic love stories. This was perfect! I could not stop reading it. The suspense was ongoing and intriguing.
Annika Vincent
Very easy light hearted reading. But very predictable.
Georgia Hubbard
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a good read!!

I enjoyed reading this book. It kept your attention and was happy to see it ending like all the good books I read.
The Free Book Cha...: Honeymoon For One, by Chris Keniston 1 8 Aug 07, 2014 11:37AM
  • Tempted (Tempted, #1)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • Fall into My Heart (Subzero, #1)
  • Hope Breaks
  • Seeing Stars
  • Truth or Date (Better Date than Never, #2)
  • Maid in the USA (The Bad Boy Billionaires, #2)
  • Cross My Heart (Landry, #2)
  • The Job Offer
  • The Rebound Guy
  • Love on the Buchanan Ranch
  • Crash and Burn (The Men of Crash, Fire and Rescue #1)
  • Strictly Business
  • Saving Grace (Serve and Protect, #2)
  • If We Dare to Dream (Evans Family, #1)
  • A Soft Place to Fall (Shelter Rock Cove, #1)
  • Game, Set, Match (Love Match, #1)
  • Resisting the Bad Boy - Nice Girl to Love, Vol 1 (Can't Resist, #1)
A native New Yorker, Chris Keniston was on her way to Australia when she fell in love with North Texas. Little did she know the balmy seventy-degree October days would turn into fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk heat in August!

Twenty years later, she started scribbling short stories about her favorite TV shows, giving them lives more to her liking - and the elusive happy ending. Not long after, a dear fr

More about Chris Keniston...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
  • Starter for Ten
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • Scored
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • The Paradise Guest House
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“Oh, Steven. I didn't expect your last-minute business to end so early. Why don't you go hang out with Corrie in the kitchen? She's eating supper. There's extra stroganoff on the stove. I'm just going to visit with Beth a little bit in the living room.” 1 likes
“Keniston” 0 likes