Start by marking “Shades of Avalon (Shades, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Avalon (Shades, #2)

Shades of Avalon

(Shades #2)

Ben Pryor grew up as an average kid in Camden, Maine, unaware of the supernatural storm brewing in his Celtic blood. However, at nineteen, as the last born in the royal line of the beings that once ruled Atlantis, Ben has eagerly embraced his newfound abilities and birthright.

When Caleb, his sister’s mate, goes missing under suspicious circumstances, the prime suspect is
Published April 15th 2014 by Omnific Publishing (first published April 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Avalon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Avalon

Start your review of Shades of Avalon (Shades, #2)
Traci
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This second in a series brings us Ben's story. I love male POV in romance. Carol has interwoven so many threads: Celtic mythology, Atlantis, Arthurian Legend, and her own myths of Guardians, all set in modern day. I think you could maybe read this as stand alone, but you will get much more out of it if you read Triona's story (Shades of Atlantis) first. ...more
Fics2Flicks
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
L.O.V.E.D. it!!!

Shades of Atlantis was told from Triona Pryor's POV, which drove the love story in meeting Caleb and becoming part of a larger family and magical world. Shades of Avalon picks up the story from the POV of Ben, Triona's younger brother.

In reading the sequel through Ben’s eyes, I found myself driven more so by a sense of adventure–the journey, thrill, and excitement! And that’s what you’ll find in this book–a fantastic journey of magical beings, Arthurian legend, a well-developed
Hannah Fielding
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having read and very much enjoyed Shades of Atlantis (see my review at http://www.hannahfielding.net/?p=4068, I was keen to read the next book in the series, which picks up the story of the Guardians. It took me a week to read this book, and what a blissful week that was as I escaped into Carol’s fantasy world.

There are so many things I loved about the book:

The shift in protagonist from Book 1 to Book 2: In Shades of Atlantis, we saw the story from the point of view of Triona, as she fell in lov
Katie O'Sullivan
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, ya
SHADES OF AVALON is the second book in this YA/NA series about Guardians, weaving Celtic mythology with Arthurian legend and modern paranormal adventure together into one tight package. I worried a little about "sophomore slump," but author Carol Oates did not disappoint.

This second tale in the series is told exclusively from Ben Pryor's POV. He gives a slightly different perspective looking back on the events of the first book (Shades of Atlantis) as well as a more action-packed and hormone-la
Feather Stone
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unforgettable. Truly, the Shades series stands out from all the rest of young adult, mystics, paranormal, romance novels. When the story line includes both current times and historical myth, you've got a winning combination. When told by an accomplished author like Carol Oates, the novel becomes a masterpiece of fiction that you wished had no final chapter.

The characters, and there are more than just a few, all have unique characteristics - real, flawed and beautifully divine. I loved how even t
Cherie Colyer
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book from Carol Oates. With a strong male point of view, Oates weaves Atlantis, Arthurian Legend and Celtic mythology together flawlessly to create a story that kept me turning the pages and guessing what would happen next.
Helen
katetaan
Mar 26, 2014
Heather Bell
Mar 26, 2014
Carol Oates came into the world on Christmas morning, in an elevator. Raised just across the street from the childhood home of Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, it was only a matter of time before Carol’s love of all things supernatural would emerge.
She began experimenting with fiction at school and keeps the notebook containing her first unpublished novel in her desk drawer. Over three decades lat

Shades (2 books)
  • Shades of Atlantis (Shades, #1)