Start by marking “Twisted Shorties II” as Want to Read:
Twisted Shorties II

Twisted Shorties II

Back again, those writers from the late, lamented website Gather.com are bringing readers another book of peculiarity, a second anthology full of poems and stories to please and entertain. Twisted Shorties II is packed with romance, sci-fi, fantasy and horror, and spills over with wonderful fiction and poetry that will intrigue and delight. This time around, fifty authors ...more
ebook
Published June 25th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Shorties II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Shorties II

Start your review of Twisted Shorties II
Ps Brittain
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have thoroughly enjoyed compiling this great anthology. The diversity of the many writers who submitted their stories and poems is amazing, and reading them, fascinating. Granted, I have the manuscript, but I love this book so much, I downloaded it to my Kindle.

If you love romance, sci-fi, children’s stories, humor, fantasy, horror, poetry or just general fiction, there’s a story or poem in there just perfect for you.
Sheila
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: short-stories, poetry
“Returning favourites like Tracy Fabre, Doug Westberg, Barbary Chappel, Patricia Gilliam… as well as Twisted Shorties newcomers… mystery author Aaron Paul Lazar… have all joined in on the festive fandango,” writes author A. F. Stewart in her introduction to this fine collection of short fiction and poetry. The Gather.com site may have suffered a wounding glitch, but its authors are going strong, and this second Twisted Shorties collection is testament to the hard work and dedication of the edito ...more
David Kent
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The second collection of short stories, poems, and responses to writing prompts from writers at Gather.com. In this collection there are more contributors and styles of writing. Some of the stories are astonishingly superb. While many of the contributors have published in the past, the high quality of some of the works deserves a much wider audience. The editor and compiler have done an excellent job bringing this collection to the public. I hope there is a third compendium is in the works.
Clive Gerrard
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
A compendium of various short (occasionally very short) stories and poems. As a result its something of a 'Curate's Egg' of a book.

I thought the poetry rather poorly written, just because its a rhyming couplet, it doesn't necessarily mean that the sentences constitute poetry and some of the stories were okay but at least one in the sci-fi section is extremely similar to an Arthur C Clarke story already published some years ago.

However, when the stories were interesting, it made you want to conti
Liz
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How the Twisted Shorties were created:

They put the prompt out there, we took the prompts in here
Our brains were cogitating and our imaginations weird
We gave a little chuckle or we shed a little tear
The best results presented here.

Twisted Shortie, mad gyration
Of a wanton mental swirl.*
If this rhyme don’t drive you crazy,
Then I must not be The Girl.

You put this sentence in, you take that adverb out,
You hit the space bar harder and you give a little shout.
You write your Twisted Shortie with a sl
Sharon
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved both books. Thanks Anita.
A.F.
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Oct 05, 2013
Doug Westberg
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-library