Start by marking “Second Nature (Crimson Cove, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Nature (Crimson Cove, #2)

Second Nature

(Crimson Cove #2)

Flirting, first love, fighting for your life.
All the things that represent a spectacular fall in Crimson Cove, named after the sight one sees when the trees all turn red in the crisp autumn air.
When school starts and the events of the summer no one is likely to forget haven't been solved, the five girls decide to take matters into their own hands.
But the problem with lifti
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Second Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Nature

Alex (Briennai)
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The mystery of Rachel's murder has not been solved, but the girls have to go back to school. The trees are turning red in Crimson Cove, and the girls are running out of time. They are tired of waiting around for the police to do something, and they don't agree with the conclusions that the police come to. Deciding to take things into their own hands, they use Lindsey's secrets about everyone to try to catch the murderer. They end up getting into more than they expect as secrets that were never s ...more
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great addition to this series! I really loved the first book and it opened up a lot of options for where Brown took this read. She definitely went above and beyond to create a great extension to the series.

I found the author added a lot of detail and personality to the main characters. As we read through and found out more of the secrets and previously unknown details behind the tragedy, of the previous book, we also got to see a lot more about the girls, their lives and their pasts.

Ove
Crystal Gray
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap! The secrets and drama of a rich town! This book grabs your attention instantly and doesn't let go. I can't wait to dive into Third Time's a Charm.
Kas Dina
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with these books!!! Tara Brown I applaud you!!
Rae Sontheyon
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Secrets Reap Consequences! . . .

These books just get better and better, Like Seriously?! WOW! Twist and secrets, deception and more than one possible killer! I enjoyed the first book, but the second book just went and nailed it. Can't wait for more as the couples get more intriguing and the plot becomes more complicated.

Told from Lainey's perspective, she gives the readers a new perspective on the group and situation they all find themselves in. The summer has passed and school has begun. The
Heavenly
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Well, I love every single book by Tara. Doesn't matter under which alias she chooses to write. I love her paranormal, criminal, erotic. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Yes, I know I screamed. But I can't help it.

The Second Nature is just as amazing as the first book. If not better. It takes off just right were the first book left and I love that. I don't have to wait for my questions to be answered so it's just AMAZING.

To avoid spoilers for people
Tammy Hall
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First off this second book takes up right where book one left off so there are no unanswered questions from the first one. I like that Second Nature is from Lainey's point of view I enjoyed getting to know her character better. This story wove me down twisted paths and around mysteries unknown and I loved every second of it. As the the plot thickened the book got better showing the answer to some questions but not all as that has been saved for another day and another story yet untold. I was bu ...more
Christine Evans
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm reminded so much of PLL when I read this book but that is okay.

Now I'm stuck waiting for book three and I hate waiting.

This book finds a villain; not who was expected. Our PPL team also discovers love and betrayal for themselves and others.

Just because the villain was caught, doesn't mean the story ends. I like how Tara put the end of the book first and then repeated it again (obviously) at the end...but with just a bit more detail.

Not a cliffhanger; a teaser. You feel as though you read o
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How can one little town have so many secrets? No one in Crimson Cove is who they appear to be. The lies, the secrets, the children…how do they keep it all straight? Tara Brown must be exceptional at note-taking and outlining to keep up with the evil genius that is her mind. Book 2, Second Nature, was even more thrilling, more suspenseful and more secret exposing than the first book. Just when you think you have had an “aha moment” and the killer has been exposed, the run is yanked from under you ...more
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better, but if you have read any of this author's books you wouldn't expect anything less then a page Turner.

Things have been quiet for a month, most feel the killer has moved on...that is until all Hello start a breaking loose again. Who is next?? Who is doing this?? Be careful with dirty little secrets..they always come out with the skeletons from the closet.
L.L. Hunter
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These books get better and better with each instalment. The author really knows how to write suspense, humour and teen drama. And again the mystery had me guessing until the very end. I thought I knew who the killer was once again but Brown is far too good at eluding the reader and keeping us guessing. I need book 3 now!
Sophia
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Why does such a beautiful place have such horror!? This is truly an amazing series I keeps me on the edge of my seat and still scares the living crap out of me! But I love it! This series makes me want more!
Jen
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intense! Another well-written story. It surpassed my expectations. Lainey is now my favorite character in the story. She's smart! I can't wait to find out what happened to Sierra. I need Book 3 right now!
Vodkamelie
Oh.My.God!!!
Families blow up, secrets are revealed, love unfurls but the mystery continues! !
Who is/are the killer(s) of Crimson Cove! ?
Lorraine Barton
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
gaaaahhh!!! ok that caught me off guard but part of it i wondered, but still....i want to say more but i don't believe in spoilers! good book starting book 3!! man love it
Shelley (Bella)
Love! Anxious for the next!
Omy Valencia
Rachel Craig
Jun 29, 2016
Danni Oxtoby
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I NEED the next book NOW!!!!!
Michelle Monroe
Nov 20, 2015
SilBrite
Sep 21, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I am the mother of two beautiful girls who are growing up so fast, the wife of a cute guy in a uniform (my own personal hero), and a writer.
My family will tell you it doesn't exactly fall into that order. Especially around dinner time when I "Cook" from a takeout menu with my face plastered to my computer.
I also have two cats who I adore more than I should, like more than people I know, and two do

Crimson Cove (5 books)
  • If at First (Crimson Cove, #1)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Crimson Cove, #3)
  • Four Crimson Corners (Crimson Cove, #4)
  • Hang Five (Crimson Cove, #5)