Start by marking “Second Nature (Crimson Cove, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Nature (Crimson Cove, #2)

Second Nature

(Crimson Cove #2)

Flirting, first love, fighting for your life.
All the things that represent a spectacular fall in Crimson Cove, named after the sight one sees when the trees all turn red in the crisp autumn air.
When school starts and the events of the summer no one is likely to forget haven't been solved, the five girls decide to take matters into their own hands.
But the problem with lifti
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 30th 2015)

Start your review of Second Nature (Crimson Cove, #2)
Alexandra Mack
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The mystery of Rachel's murder has not been solved, but the girls have to go back to school. The trees are turning red in Crimson Cove, and the girls are running out of time. They are tired of waiting around for the police to do something, and they don't agree with the conclusions that the police come to. Deciding to take things into their own hands, they use Lindsey's secrets about everyone to try to catch the murderer. They end up getting into more than they expect as secrets that were never s ...more
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great addition to this series! I really loved the first book and it opened up a lot of options for where Brown took this read. She definitely went above and beyond to create a great extension to the series.

I found the author added a lot of detail and personality to the main characters. As we read through and found out more of the secrets and previously unknown details behind the tragedy, of the previous book, we also got to see a lot more about the girls, their lives and their pasts.

Ove
Lady
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silence Is Not Golden

•••NOT for the homophobic, transphobic, closedminded or faint of heart!•••

This series must be read in order. The first book is "Pretty Girls Die First". This is the second book. I can't wait to read "Third Time's A Charm"!

When the killer said another person would be dead in a week and nothing happened it seems like everyone let their guard down. No one has been acting like they are being stalked by a crazed killer. Is the killer working alone? Or is it a conspiracy? Is it an
Crystal Gray
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap! The secrets and drama of a rich town! This book grabs your attention instantly and doesn't let go. I can't wait to dive into Third Time's a Charm. ...more
Kas Dina
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with these books!!! Tara Brown I applaud you!!
Kasia
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good part, Lainey is my favorite character in this series... and the plot is very dramatic and full of twists.
Rae Sontheyon
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Secrets Reap Consequences! . . .

These books just get better and better, Like Seriously?! WOW! Twist and secrets, deception and more than one possible killer! I enjoyed the first book, but the second book just went and nailed it. Can't wait for more as the couples get more intriguing and the plot becomes more complicated.

Told from Lainey's perspective, she gives the readers a new perspective on the group and situation they all find themselves in. The summer has passed and school has begun. The
Heavenly
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Well, I love every single book by Tara. Doesn't matter under which alias she chooses to write. I love her paranormal, criminal, erotic. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Yes, I know I screamed. But I can't help it.

The Second Nature is just as amazing as the first book. If not better. It takes off just right were the first book left and I love that. I don't have to wait for my questions to be answered so it's just AMAZING.

To avoid spoilers for people
Cheree Castellanos Edits
OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!! This book is epic!! Right off the bat I was freaked out and had the chills! Then it went back in time a few weeks and started down a trail I could have never predicted!! Tara Brown is a frightening genius! This story is so dark and twisty and at one point had me so on the edge of my seat and freaking out I literally thought I was gonna be sick! LOL. Knowing there are 3 more books to go after the end of this simply boggles my mind!! You think they have it all figured out... ...more
Christine Evans
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm reminded so much of PLL when I read this book but that is okay.

Now I'm stuck waiting for book three and I hate waiting.

This book finds a villain; not who was expected. Our PPL team also discovers love and betrayal for themselves and others.

Just because the villain was caught, doesn't mean the story ends. I like how Tara put the end of the book first and then repeated it again (obviously) at the end...but with just a bit more detail.

Not a cliffhanger; a teaser. You feel as though you read o
Tammy Hall
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First off this second book takes up right where book one left off so there are no unanswered questions from the first one. I like that Second Nature is from Lainey's point of view I enjoyed getting to know her character better. This story wove me down twisted paths and around mysteries unknown and I loved every second of it. As the the plot thickened the book got better showing the answer to some questions but not all as that has been saved for another day and another story yet untold. I was bu ...more
hollie
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another rollercoaster read.
I think that the plot line is getting far more interesting and although this felt like a filler book, we saw a lot of character development from the characters I wasn’t so sure about.
I liked that this book was also in the point of view from another one of the girls and we got to see her side of events.
I think things are heating up and I’m excited to read book 3!
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How can one little town have so many secrets? No one in Crimson Cove is who they appear to be. The lies, the secrets, the children…how do they keep it all straight? Tara Brown must be exceptional at note-taking and outlining to keep up with the evil genius that is her mind. Book 2, Second Nature, was even more thrilling, more suspenseful and more secret exposing than the first book. Just when you think you have had an “aha moment” and the killer has been exposed, the run is yanked from under you ...more
Cindy Fong
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lainey's Book

Okay, where to start..... This book takes up right where book 1 ended. Rachel is dead, Mr. Henning is dead and there is a killer still on the loose. Lindsay and Vincent are still a thing and Ashton is still missing. It is up to the group to try to make some sense of what is going on. There are lots of twists and turn and a little romance too. Can't wait for book 3. Bring it on!
April Preston
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy good

Tara Brown does it again!!! This book kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire thing. I found myself holding my breath in anticipation for what was to come. The characters are so perfectly written that you feel that you are a part of the story line yourself. I LOVE everything that Tara Brown puts out & I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the 3rd book to be released!!!
Sharon Obelenus Holland
I am so hooked!!

This series just keeps getting better, but if you have read any of this author's books you wouldn't expect anything less then a page Turner.

Things have been quiet for a month, most feel the killer has moved on...that is until all Hello start a breaking loose again. Who is next?? Who is doing this?? Be careful with dirty little secrets..they always come out with the skeletons from the closet.
Christine Bishop
Great!!!

Second Nature is the second book in the Crimson Cove Mysteries. The book is told from Lainey’s point of view. Second Nature begins one month after Rachel’s murder. Ashton is still missing, the killer hasn’t left anymore messages, and the girls have gone back to their everyday lives but we quickly learn that the killer has a plan for them and the girls are just puppets on his strings. I completed this book in two sittings and can’t wait to start book number three.
L.L. Hunter
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These books get better and better with each instalment. The author really knows how to write suspense, humour and teen drama. And again the mystery had me guessing until the very end. I thought I knew who the killer was once again but Brown is far too good at eluding the reader and keeping us guessing. I need book 3 now!
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Sara Nelson
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved being inside Lainey's head. Don't get me wrong, Lindsey is a great character, but Lainey is by far my fave. This story rocks her world and not only in the good department. She goes through so much and finds out exactly who she is and what she wants. Watch out guys, Lainey is coming out of her shell!! If you loved book 1 then you will love this book too!!!
Sophia
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Why does such a beautiful place have such horror!? This is truly an amazing series I keeps me on the edge of my seat and still scares the living crap out of me! But I love it! This series makes me want more!
Jessica McMath
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect book for a power outage!

I loved the first book, so I was excited to read this one! Had a power outage and nothing to do, so it gave me the perfect opportunity to read! Enjoyed every minute!
Pamela Heckel
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spine tingling

The teen characters grow on you. There's a small group of suspects who are BFF. Each book ends with part of the mystery solved. The cliffhangers make you impatient for the rest of the story.
Ashley Poteet
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving it!

Such an awesome series! I'm so enthralled with the mystery and secrets. Getting a little closer each time but still so in the dark! I so love a good murder mystery. Also the love interests and relationships between the girls and guys is always fun!
Tina Creek
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow!!!

These books have me on the edge of my seat! Keeping me up til all hours with the need to finish. The bad part is, I didn't realize the series was still on going when I read book one.... I hate waiting for the next book!!
Jen
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intense! Another well-written story. It surpassed my expectations. Lainey is now my favorite character in the story. She's smart! I can't wait to find out what happened to Sierra. I need Book 3 right now!
Vodkamelie
Oh.My.God!!!
Families blow up, secrets are revealed, love unfurls but the mystery continues! !
Who is/are the killer(s) of Crimson Cove! ?
Shelley (Bella)
Love! Anxious for the next!
Tammy
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait until December!!!

This was an intense page turner from the start! I was actually catching myself holding my breath from the suspense! Read the Crimson Cove books!!!
Leigh Swanson
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this, even though life got in the way of reading :( I liked how this book was from Lainey's point of view rather than Lindsey's, looking forward to the third book :)

• Harley Merlin and the Mystery Twins (Harley Merlin, #2)
  • Life and Other Near-Death Experiences
  • Never Never (Never Never, #1)
  • Inside Out & Back Again
  • The Upside of Falling Down
  • All the Little Lights
  • Harley Merlin and the Secret Coven (Harley Merlin, #1)
  • When Wishes Bleed (When Wishes Bleed, #1)
  • Wicked Rules (Wicked Bay, #2)
  • Wicked Beginnings (Wicked Bay, #1)
  • One More Step
  • Poisonfeather (Gibson Vaughn, #2)
  • Lost Souls (Mending Magic #1)
  • Illusion of Power: Dystopian Fantasy paranormal romance New Adult Action series (Mending Magic Series Book 2)
  • Challenging the Dark (Mending Magic Series Book 3)
  • Always Crew (Crew #3)
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • This Is Where It Ends
I believe growing up in a really small town gives a person a little advantage when it comes to the imagination. You need one or you go mad.
Needless to say, mine saved me. After it got me into trouble first, that is. That's the problem with a vivid imagination, all the lies you tell.
According to my age, I am meant to be a responsible adult, but it isn't going well at all. I would still head off to

Crimson Cove (5 books)
  • If at First (Crimson Cove, #1)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Crimson Cove, #3)
  • Four Crimson Corners (Crimson Cove, #4)
  • Hang Five (Crimson Cove, #5)

News & Interviews