Start by marking “Locke (Corps Security, #5)” as Want to Read:
Locke (Corps Security, #5)

Locke

(Corps Security #5)

4.40  ·  Rating details ·  16,400 ratings  ·  1,488 reviews
Darkness is the only thing I see. Ever since the day my life changed. The day that everything and everyone I held close to me ceased to exist. The day I lost it all and the demons of my past consumed my every waking moment.

I tried to keep others at arm’s length. Tried not to let my darkness taint them. Ruin them. Harm them. And whether I want to admit it or not, as much as
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 271 pages
Published September 29th 2014 by Harper Sloan (first published September 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Locke, please sign up.

·  16,400 ratings  ·  1,488 reviews

Start your review of Locke (Corps Security, #5)
✿kawehi.reviews
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via TSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

3.75-4 stars!!★★★★

description

"I'll taint her. I'll ruin her. And in the end, it will destroy her. One smile from her made me fall. So I pushed her away. I told her that she would never be what I need--that I would never want her. God, if she only knew. I crave her and everything she keeps trying to hand me. I crave her and everything she could give me. My very being calls out to her, and I work daily to refuse it. So I pushed
Christy
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Broken stars!

photo 784905fa-8468-4feb-b31a-6d374f8a5bfa_zps2968e32d.jpg

Maddox Locke is one of those characters that grabbed my attention from the first time I met him. After each Corp’s Security book, my interest in him only peaked and my desire to read his story grew stronger and stronger. After more than a year of waiting, it’s finally here. Locke . It’s a lot of pressure, I assume, to write the book everyone has been anticipating. I’m happy to say that Harper did an excellent job with Maddox and Emmy’s story. It lived up to the expectations
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2.75 Unsatisfied Stars***

Four...count them...four books of foreplay waiting for Maddox's book, and did it come close to measuring up to the potential that was there?

We've been reading about Maddox Locke and his Emmy in the background for a long time. I've been curious about what happened between them. Could Emmy finally pull Maddox out of his darkness, help him find his worth and bring him into the light? He's been there as a helping hand to all the other relationships, offering sage advice a
• Lisa •
FINALLY, Maddox Locke is in my hands ... Harper Sloan I HEART you.

Review to come ...

Aestas Book Blog
Jul 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
COVER REVEAL - LOCKE by Harper Sloan!!!

This is Book #5 in the Corps Security series!

Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
2.5 OTT Stars

I'll taint her. I'll ruin her. And in the end, it will destroy her.

I have been waiting for Maddox's book since book one in this series. Maybe it was a case of too high expectations or maybe it was a case of my own personal biases working against it? Whatever the case may be, I was really disappointed by this book. I five starred the first 3 books in this series. I loved the big personalities and crazy possessive alphas. Harper tends to take her stories and characters a l
Geri Reads
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 chin up, Buttercup Stars!

To say that I’ve been waiting for Maddox’s book ever since I read about him in Axel would be a massive understatement. As massive understatement goes, this book was a jumbled mess of purple prose, lol-wut-backstory, cartoonish villains and OTT dialogue.

I wasn’t actually bothered by Maddox’s stubbornness and the back and forth between him and Emmy was totally okay with me. I kind of expected that. I also expected more insight into Maddox’s psyche and how he dealt with
Cindy
Why must the best always be saved for last!

Oh how I love Lock and yes he was worth the wait! I loved watching the two of them figure their crap out, and love each other because of their flaws.

More review to come:D
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, I've been catching up recently so you know after I read Unexpected Fate and fell for Cohen and Dani's story I decided to come back and finish this series I suppose I was a little bummed after I read Beck it wasn't my fav so I delayed moving forward when the others came out, saying that I decided to come back and finish this off.....

photo 8945A429-3AB1-4FF9-B03F-222A2D770725_zpstbpicmpr.jpg

This one is very much a heart-breaking story and not when it comes down to the relationship but where you really do feel
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Wwwwwooooooooowwwwwwww.

After being less than enthused with other books in this series and then seeing some of my friends' reviews of this after its release, I put this book on the back burner and even considered just skipping it.

I should have continued to listen to myself.

description

But alas, the appeal of this $0.99 deal was just too tempting for this deal stalker to ignore.

So, in the spirit of thriftiness, I will endeavor to save you my dear fellow reader your own time and money by wrapping this book
Jessica Soimes
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Why oh why is Locke the last book!!!!! God I absolutely love that man.... I will sit and stew until this book is published...
Christie«SHBBblogger»
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.**

Title:Locke
Series:Corps Security #5
Author:Harper Sloan
Release Date: September 29, 2014
Rating:3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

My first thoughts immediately after reading this was that the series was tied up quite nicely and I really liked it a lot. But as I sat down and started to think about the book for my review, I started to realize there were a couple issues I had and the more I thought about it, the more it
♥Sharon♥
I’ll keep this short and sweet.

I think we all have been anticipating Maddox Locke’s story. As the books in the series unfold Maddox became the sexy, broken guy with a past that had us all wondering what broke him. For me I placed him on a pedestal of sorts, forming my ideal story for him. My anticipation was building, my expectations were high.

What saddened me about Locke….

It was early on in Locke that things started to fall apart. It really wasn’t just one thing. Maddox’s story started to teet
C-Money
I feel hard for Axel Reed. I will never forget our first time.

I dived head first in love with Greg Cage. He will forever be my trifecta GOD and fuck that man can lay pipe.

I lusted after John Beckett. We tore some shit up together while in the throws of passion. The bruises spoke for themselves. **wink wink**

I sold my soul to Asher Cooper. He showed me that my past made me stronger and gave my hope and love for the future. He helped me heal just as I helped him heal. We are each others saviors.
Jen
I have gone on a business trip with my hubby! Will be back Monday and I will do my review then!! I will miss you all my GR friends!
I will say this about the book..... It was a let down, I didn't hate it but I wasn't blown away.. Take care and I'll catch up when we get back!
Eliza

Rating: 3.75 "Blessed" Stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 146971E9-0A74-4014-BBD2-DADA58CAC91D_zpshhkye4ej.jpg

Let me start with some truths... I've dipped in and out of this series and I haven't necessarily loved every one BUT I've known from the first book, Maddox Locke's story was one I had to hear.

Maddox and Emmy have a long and complicated history, there is a deep connection they cannot deny but with the constant push
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 sassy stars

*Spoilers*

photo 860394_zpsrmvldctf.gif

OMG I was so worried when I started this book I have read a lot of mixed reviews on Locke, and after Cooper let me down, I was hoping it wouldn't fall flat. I almost put off reading it, but my OCD got the best of me and I had to finish the series. I am glad I did, because this book just worked for me. I was not disappointed. I loved this book! Damn but I love me some broken, tortured, heroes!

This book is number 5 in the Corps Security Series and it is the long awa
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 oh you knew this was going to be goooooood STARS

“I’ll be spanking that ass until it’s bright pink and you’re begging for me to make you come. Then I’m going to eat you until you’re screaming for me to let you come. When you think you can’t take a second more of just the mere thought of the pleasure that I’m going to give you, only then will I think about giving that to you, but it will most definitely be after I spank the sass out of you.”

Important things first...note the quote abo
Harper Sloan
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Preorder link for amazon - http://amzn.to/1srpwtc ...more
Michelle
Maddox Locke is super hot.

Emersyn Keeze has luvd Maddox Locke since she first set her eyes on him. She just didn't know that she would have to fight for years to get her man. They have both been through a lot growing up. Both of there parents were pretty crappy to them. Putting them through hell and mentally abusing them. These two characters were just meant to be together everyone could see that but Maddox.

Maddox past wasn't good. Things happened in his past that haunt him literally. H
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sep-2014
STARS - 4.5
POV – Maddox & Emmy
HEA - (view spoiler)
RELEASE DATE – 29 September 2014
PRE-ORDER LINK: http://amzn.to/1srpwtc

First off I need to say that I am very sad that this series has come to end, and what a perfect ending. This is the last book in the Corps Security Series. And I suggest that you first read the other 4 books before reading this book.

I think a lot of people have been looking forward to reading Maddox Locke’s book.

This book begins where the previous
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
2/10/14 - downgrading from 3 to 2 stars. I think the 3 stars I originally gave it was a guilt ridden 3 stars - since I hated book 2-4, and sort of knew I probably would not like this, I felt unfair reading and reviewing it. But on second (and third and fourth) thoughts, I am actually really angry about how certain issues in this book were dealt with.

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Romance
Series : - 5th in the series - Advised to read the rest in the series first
Love triangle? - (
J Ho Lo
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars
Oh man. Where to begin??? This book had SOOOO much potential. The basis of the story was great. It was just poorly executed. It kills me that something with the makings of an amazing story fell so flat. This series could have been truly great but I feel like she rushed each book more and more that it really hurt the quality of the stories. I'm in the minority on this it seems.

I was really hoping Locke would be amazing. I haven't really been impressed with any of the books following Axel, they s
McGee Magoo
sameold

Like Axel, Cage, Beck and Cooper, Locke is getting a 4-star rating from me. Like with the other books, I'm pretty much rounding up from a 3.5. Rounding up because despite the issues I have, I always enjoy them.

Harper Sloan has an irritating habit of doing this:
yada

Seriously, she skips over stuff she seems to think we don't want to/need to know or she doesn't want to even challenge herself to write those scenes. But I personally feel like she shouldn't have Yada, Yada-ed over (view spoiler)
Shawna
3 ½ -- Good But It Could’ve Been Better -- stars – Contemporary Romance

I’ve been eagerly awaiting broody Maddox Locke’s story ever since he first appeared in Axel, and his role in the previous books has been one of my favorite parts of the series. I enjoyed this, but it wasn’t nearly as good as I’d expected/hoped.

The book got off to a really shaky start for me because the H/h both had horrific, abusive, soap opera crazy, unbelievable pasts. Locke’s family was like some bad, overdramatic Dallas T
Catarina
4 Broken Stars.

Maddox Locke lives surrounded by ghosts. He’s still haunted by his past and can’t move on. He finds himself haunted and feeling undeserving of happiness.

description

He knows how Emmy feels about him. He want her just as badly, but he doesn’t want to taint her with his ghosts so he tries to push her away in order for her to find the happiness he believes she deserves. A happiness that doesn’t include him or his baggage. Until she runs away… and he finally sees what an idiot he has been.

Now
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
DNF at 20%

ARC provided by the Author
Eni

I've been waiting for this book since i read the 1st book of the series.And i loved it.
The ending was PERFECT.

So sad that this series is over,but excited for the spin-off.

******************************************************
September,29th 2014

Currently reading.

Please be good.

*****************************************************
Febrary,16th 2014

No,No,No,No !! Why does Maddox's have to be last ?? WHY ??He's my favorite !! *sobsob* I really,really need this book !!

The Novel Lifestyle
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
★★ SPOILER FREE REVIEW NOW POSTED ★★

A WONDERFUL END TO ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SERIES!

I was both happy and sad to see this book pop up on my kindle. I started off with Axel sometime last year and have counted down the days to each release. These Corps Security boys had taken over my life with their love and passion for the women in their lives and that need to protect was just so. damn. hot.

Locke was a beautifully told story of our broken man so in love with the women he has tried for years to
Auntee
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Kind of a disappointment for me, but it's not my fault that my expectations were too high! Ever since Harper Sloan introduced us to wounded vet Maddox Locke in Axel, and then had him appear in the next 3 books of the Corps Security series, I fell hard and fast for him, and couldn't wait until he got a story of his own!

Locke...
 photo aron-abikzer-all-people-photo-u1_zpsed3d9283.jpg

So he finally gets his story, and the first half of the book is just...so...crazy! And violent. First of all, his backstory (meaning his childhood) is just so over-the-
Fifty Shades of R...: October 2014 BOTM ~ Locke by Haper Sloan 29 69 Oct 31, 2014 08:55PM

• Obligation (Underground Kings, #2)
  • Until Trevor (Until, #2)
  • Until Lilly (Until, #3)
  • Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)
  • Until Nico (Until, #4)
  • Distraction (Underground Kings, #3)
  • Until June (Until Her/Him, #3)
  • Until Ashlyn (Until Her/Him, #4)
  • Until Sage (Until Her/Him, #5)
  • Until July (Until Her/Him, #1)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Until Jax (Until Her/Him, #2)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Hiding Out (Hawks MC Caroline Springs Charter, #2)
  • Black Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Until Cobi (Until Her/Him, #7)
  • The Final Temptation (Men of Honor, #3.5)
  • Until Harmony (Until Her/Him, #6)
Harper Sloan is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today best selling author. She resides in north Georgia with her three daughters, four cats and one dog. While being independently published is a dream, she also has three traditionally published titles with Pocket Books. When she isn't working hard on her next novel, you can most definitely find her with a book in hand.

**To contact Ha

Corps Security (5 books)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Beck (Corps Security, #3)
  • Cooper (Corps Security, #4)

News & Interviews

“We all have that thing, you know?  That one thing that is calming for us.  The one thing that, even when your world feels hollow, can make you feel whole.  So, as silly as it is, mine is gold glitter.  It’s my happy.” 10 likes
“Chin up, buttercup.” 9 likes