Start by marking “Cooper (Corps Security, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cooper (Corps Security, #4)

Cooper

(Corps Security #4)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  16,606 ratings  ·  1,212 reviews
Do you take me seriously? Because I don’t. I use my jokes and easygoing personality to hide the pain I’ve felt since he took his last breath. I’m adrift without my partner in crime, my best friend…my brother. I can taste the vengeance just within my grasp.

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 224 pages
Published June 19th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Cooper, please sign up.
Sherri Davis It can be but I HIGHLY suggest you read the first 3 to understand the character better.…moreIt can be but I HIGHLY suggest you read the first 3 to understand the character better. (less)

·  16,606 ratings  ·  1,212 reviews

Start your review of Cooper (Corps Security, #4)
• Lisa •
FOUR BE MINE STARS.

"For the first time in my life, I want a woman who wants nothing to do with me. I crave her."

description

A Harper Sloan novel is the reading equivalent of eating a family size New York style cheesecake all by yourself. This series has guilty pleasure written all over it and I just can't seem to get enough. If you are new to the world of Harper Sloan then all I can say is that you need to go and find yourself some quality reading time and prepare yourself to meet the gorgeous Corps
Christy
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Sunshine Stars!!!

photo 6965c224-4314-4efe-8419-6ddfac60b947_zpseb826e92.jpg

Cooper. I had no idea what to expect when it came to Cooper’s story. After reading Beck, I knew Cooper would be in a hard place and have a difficult journey ahead of him. I didn’t really expect it to go the way it went, but I loved the direction it took. I continue to be impressed with Harper’s writing and storytelling abilities. I love when a book can draw me in and make me want to do nothing else until I finish. Every book in this series has been that way, and I love it!

✿kawehi.reviews
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
*Just a heads up: BEFORE anyone reads Cooper, you HAVE TO read Beck to understand what's going on. It's pretty impertinent that you do this.*

4 stars!

"Call it whatever you need to, Chelcie, but just know you are mine."

description

My initial thoughts: I’ll be the first to admit, until I read Beck I had no interest in Cooper at all; my main and foremost interest had always been Maddox. *ducks head*

description

()So what made me change my mind?: () Well, how can you NOT after we were are steamrolled with
Julia's Book Haven
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think it was more of a 3.5 star read. It was good, just not amazing. It just seemed like it should have been more emotional then it was. The feelings just weren't there. I did enjoy it, I was just expecting something more I guess? Idk, but I'm still looking forward to Maddox's book.

I can't help but wish this one was titled 'Ash' instead. Calling it Cooper makes me sad :(
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Holy fucking eye roll, Batman.

Let me first say that I am in the total minority on this one, so it must definitely be an it's not you, it's me situation.

HOWEVER. This book was sooooooo fucking sticky sweet that I just can't even with this thing.

Example: "By the time he pushes in deep, emptying himself out into my body, I've come three times and I would swear that I saw angels."

Angels?

Really?

description

And three times? You came three times? That fast?

description

I've been known to get fucking freaky, but yeah RIGHT.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2.5 Over the Top Stars***

I'm going to start this review by saying that I like this series. I've enjoyed all three previous books, to some degree or another. And If I'm being completely honest here, they're all foreplay before the main event....Maddox Locke's book.

But this book....this book just takes the Over the Top Alpha cake. It felt like your typical Alpha book formula on heavy duty, industrial strength steroids.

I'm all for a strong man. A man who loves and protects his woman. But this
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Thanks to my friend Kat Wants To Be A Glitter Pirate and the awesome power of her mind, this review is going to mainly be in GIF form!

And if you have an issue with that....

So, I loved book 1, hated book 2 and 3 (the misogyny oh the misogyny), so when it came to this book..

Let me explain something about the world of Harper Sloan. In this world, you have the Harper Sloan Heroine, who is all that is perfection.

Any other woman who has ever lived, is living and will ever live EVER, is henceforth to
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 Déjà vu Stars

*spoilers especially if you have not read the first 3 books in this series!

photo done-that-fucked-it-up-quote-text-typography-favim-com-235228_large_zpsjwc60rvw.gif

Oh boy where to begin..... I have loved this series from the start. How could I not with all these Yummy, broken, alpha men finding their soul mates and becoming perfect swoon-worthy, romantic, protective, sexy, dirty talking beast. But this book just didn't have that wow factor for me. It was a good read, but not near as good as Axel's book.

Asher is Zeke Cooper's brother. In Becks book Zeke was
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
Got my ARC!!! Can't wait to start this one!!!

Until she barges into my life. Promising me happiness and a peace I’ve been craving for years. She is the sun to my darkness, the happy to my despair.

But she holds secrets. Just like I do. She
Catarina
4 Healing Stars.

If you’ve read the previous book (and you have to read it in order to understand this one!) you know what happened to Zeke in end of it.
Now, Asher Cooper, his brother is heartbroken, losing himself in alcohol and with only one goal in mind: finding revenge.
He can’t move on and nothing and no one can make him leave that road.

description

Until Chelcie. She is the only person who can bring something out of him and he knows he shouldn’t want her like he does, but he can’t help it.
Chelcie
Michelle
Asher as just been added to my bunch of hot men

I was really looking forward to reading this book. I wanted to know more about Asher. After everything that had happened with Cooper I wanted more of this hot broody man. Chelcie is another character that had me dyin to know more. Meeting her in Becks book and her being Dee friend I needed to know how she was going to deal with everything that was going on in her life. Asher being there was going to make things hard for her but she needed Asher
Erin
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was fantastic as all the books are in this series. Basically this was me the entire book...

Harper Sloan can write some good alpha males! As a reader I feel safe when I read a book from Harper Sloan. I know I will read a great book with interesting characters and ofcourse tons of steam! Looking forward to Maddox's book, but will hate when the series is over!
♥Sharon♥
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 You Are My Sunshine stars :)

photo coopercollage_zps5208cbac.jpg

I was so excited to get my hands on Cooper. I’m not going to lie though; I was a bit anxious too. After reading Beck, we were left with a lot of sadness and I knew this wasn’t going to be an easy one. But Harper Sloan delivered once again. Even though there were a few things that were predictable and a few things that I wish played out a little differently, I was still sucked in right from the get go and I devoured this book in one day. So that says something
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Love You Baby Stars!

I have loved this series from the very beginning. Each one of the men in the security group holds a special place in my literary heart! With the heartbreaking devastation that was experienced at the end of Beck's book, I knew Harper Sloan was gonna come strong with the angst! Well done lady...I admit to at least 2 episodes of tissue finding!

Dear Lord...Asher Cooper is a big beautiful mess...

He is a broken shell with his other half missing. You the reader will get such a
Tahsin
4 "I wanted to love it more" stars

To say I was excited for the release of this book would have been a major understatement. So when it got released early, I pounced on it. It was quite short, I realized after I finished reading it in less than 4 hours.

description
Sooooooo, Asher. Ya. I didn't get the guy. I really wanted to love him, and I did everything in my power to love him. Didn't feel the love from my side. Everything that happened was just a tad too unbelievable for me to swallow.

Chelcie was just a
Jamie
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: his-her-pov
3.5.....

Well... I will start off saying that I love Harper and I LOVE her writing style. She's one of my favorite author's so the fact that I didn't love this book will in no way keep me away from her next one. This one just didn't do it for me. I just wasn't able to connect with Asher and Chelcie on the same level that I've connected with all the couples from her previous books. Something about Asher and Chelcie just never felt "right" to me. Oh well, still looking forward to what Harper
AJ
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I will probably be in the minority with this one, and hope that I don’t get shunned by the mad Corps Security fans out there, because while I really love this series, sadly this book didn’t really work for me. There were elements of it that I really liked, but other parts that I struggled with.

Warning – this review is going to be REALLY spoilery for earlier books in the series. It’s important to read this series in order, and if you haven’t read Beck, please look no further!!!

……..

Seriously!!

……
C-Money
In the past year I have fallen in love with a man that has proven that Love Conquers All.

My soul was stolen and my body was consumed by the trifecta that is The Beast. I didn't know he was what I was looking for, but every Beauty needs a Beast.

I swooned and sighed and had my heart melted by a man that has proven that good men still exist and he would wait forever for his girl.

I had my heart broken when I had to say farewell to our fallen brother. I didn't see it coming and I still to this
Jen
I am going to keep this review short and sweet, as I know there will be a ton of reviews out there that will do more justice than mine!
First of all, I love this series by Harper Sloan. I find that Ms. Sloan knows exactly what I love in an alpha male and delivers them to me on a platter! Asher Cooper is not only an alpha to the extreme; but he is such a sweetheart! The things that he does for his woman, literally melted me! I loved how this story line played out, and how a situation that could
Polly
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cooper was def my least fav so far of the series. It was still a good book, it was just missing the overall greatness Harper is known for.

I thought Chelsie was a bit of a door mat and Archer turned his life around in a matter of a week and became a bit too pussy whipped for me too quickly.

Overall a good read but I'm hoping and praying that I'm not getting my hopes up for Maddox's book (THE book I've wanted all along) only to be let down. Only time will tell.
♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews
This book was brilliant :D
------------------

(view spoiler)
Ashley Suzanne
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Harper Sloan, you did it again. You slay me with your writing and story lines. I went into this thinking it was going to be super sexy like the other three in this series, and well ... it was sexy, but HOLY HELL the depth. THE. DEPTH.

You're going to get a caveman, you're going to get a love story, you're going to get passion and heat ... what I didn't know I was going to get that I was slammed with ... AN AMAZINGLY RAW AND PAINFUL back story ... it was FANTASTIC .. it was angsty .. it was
Cassie
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wonder how this one is going to be after book 3????

maybe some Asher? and a baby?
Auntee
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kristen Ashley fans or those who enjoy the hot alpha male thing
Wow. What a series. For the past 2 weeks I've been reading every book in this series and getting caught up on what everybody but me already seems to know--Harper Sloan can write one hell of an erotic, alpha male-centered series!

This is Asher Cooper and Chelsie Avery's story. Chelsie is the bff of Dee, and used to work for her at her insurance business in NC. Now Chelsie is in Georgia, after what went down in Beck. And Asher is (Zeke)(Coop) Cooper's older brother. If you've read Beck(my personal
Nana
Jul 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars

I know I am in the minority here, but this book just did not work for me. I really liked Axel, and I loved Cage. But to be perfectly honest, this series has been going downhill for me with each book after that and this one is definitely my least favorite.

The relationship between Asher and Chelcie definitely fell into the insta-love category. We were constantly being told about this amazing bond and friendship they had formed at some point in the past, but we never actually saw that
Diana
2.5 Stars

This was so bad I don't even know where to begin.
It took me almost a week to read a book I could have read in a sitting. It was literally painful for me to read, but I powered on because I try to finish all of the books I start, and because I've been waiting for Maddox's book and didn't want to miss out on anything before it is released. I also couldn't believe this was written by the same author who wrote the other 3 books in this series.

I wanted to throw my kindle several times while
Lisa
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june, 2014
This series just seems to get better and better.

I will say that Asher and Chelcie's story really packed an emotional punch. Asher's pain was overwhelming at times and his childhood broke my heart. His emotions were so raw that I had moments where I had to stop reading and collect my thoughts (his loss was a bit too close to home for me). While he initially didn't deal with his loss too well, he knew that deep inside Chelcie was the light at the end of the dark very place he was living in.

Kelena
3.5 This Love Is Perfect Stars

description

In Cooper we get to see the kind of life Coop and Ash had and how Ash practically raised his younger brother, those glimpse
from past were so painful that it makes you to reach out and safe them from all hurt and himulation their
society was throwing at them. Ash was always been there whenever Coop needed him and he fought every single
fight for his little brother that's the reason when Ash found that his brother got shot and than when he made it
to him it was already
Caitlin Rathjen
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!

Alpha Male Series 11 134 Jan 22, 2015 12:02AM
Help! 8 97 Jan 15, 2015 06:47PM

• Until Nico (Until, #4)
  • Until Lilly (Until, #3)
  • Until Trevor (Until, #2)
  • Until June (Until Her/Him, #3)
  • Until July (Until Her/Him, #1)
  • Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)
  • Obligation (Underground Kings, #2)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Until Ashlyn (Until Her/Him, #4)
  • Distraction (Underground Kings, #3)
  • Until Jax (Until Her/Him, #2)
  • Until Sage (Until Her/Him, #5)
  • Center Mass (Code 11-KPD SWAT,  #1)
  • Desertion (Knights Rebels MC, #3)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Double Tap (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #2)
  • Incandescent (Knights Rebels MC, #1)
  • Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2)
Harper Sloan is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today best selling author. She resides in north Georgia with her three daughters, four cats and one dog. While being independently published is a dream, she also has three traditionally published titles with Pocket Books. When she isn't working hard on her next novel, you can most definitely find her with a book in hand.

**To contact

Corps Security (5 books)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Beck (Corps Security, #3)
  • Locke (Corps Security, #5)
“We all have that person, Dee.  Beck is yours.  Axel is Izzy’s.  Melissa’s is Greg.  Hell, Emmy’s is Maddox.  Every. Single. One. Of. Us.  We have that person who makes us complete.  He is my person.” 10 likes
“You’re my everything, Sunshine. You’ve made me whole again.” 7 likes