Start by marking “True Love (Nantucket Brides #1)” as Want to Read:
True Love (Nantucket Brides #1)

True Love

(Nantucket Brides #1)

Jude Deveraux, the New York Times bestselling author of unforgettable romance, returns with a breathtaking first book in a fantastic new series—the Nantucket Brides trilogy. Set on the magical Massachusetts island, True Love introduces characters from a new generation of Montgomery-Taggerts, the beloved family from Deveraux’s classic novels.

Just as Alix Madsen is finishing
Published July 9th 2013 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about True Love, please sign up.
Becky Adams I always like to read series in order but some aren't necessary - this one - after reading the first two, I'd say yes. True Love sets the tone.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Sigh... I trudged through this one and finally finished but I can't say that I enjoyed the ride.

I have to start off by saying that Jude Deveraux's A Knight in Shining Armor is one of my all-time favorite comfort reads (not to mention it has a great dentist scene- can we say bonus points!?). However, some of her other books are hit and miss with me. This book is definitely in the miss category.

My first issue is the pacing. This book dragggggggs. Clocking in at over 500 pages, it could have used
KatLynne
Jude Deveraux returns with a first book in a new series, The Nantucket Brides trilogy. I have been a huge fan of this author's historicals for many years. Following the saga of the Montgomery Family along with their Taggert cousins has given me many hours of pleasure. I couldn't resist a new generation and I'm happy I gave this one a try. I enjoyed the story, the characters, and even the ghost. The beautiful setting of Nantucket Island is like icing on the cake and with Deveraux's descriptive na ...more
Elena
Jul 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

1.5*

Not even good enough to be rated as "2* - OK"... Another new Jude D. disappointment! This woman was my "go to" author for years, that now I am absolutely shocked to what level she has stooped with this nonsense!!

Quick summary:
Alix's mother's friend, Addie, leaves it in her dying will that she wants Alix to live in Addie's Nantucket house for a year after Addie's death. After that the home goes back to the rightful heir - Jared (Montgomery or Kingsley or whatever!?). Jared is a super-famous
Geri Reads
Isamlq
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-galley
True Love… Man, this is going to be hard.

It’s been years since I read a JD novel, and after finally finishing TL, I can sort of recall why I stopped reading them. Is it another case of ‘If you’ve read one of hers, you’ve read them all’ situations? I don’t know if I can recall that far back to her other books that clearly to make a fair comparison. But that’s the problem isn’t it? That they’re forgettable. OK I’m starting to sound mean because maybe there were one or two moments in this that wer
Paul
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Right a few confessions, I am the least romantic guy around, when I last tried to be romantic I was 18 years old and it backfired on me! Not bothered since. My other example in life, my father, the only time he bought my mother flowers was at her funeral. Then she always stated that after 42 years of marriage, if he turned up with flowers she would suspect he had done something he wanted to own up to. So yeah I could do with all the help and tips I can get.

Many people tend to look down on romanc
Molly
Jul 30, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What’s in name?

Apparently nothing! For those who have read Jude Deveraux’s books from the beginning, “Montgomery” has been reduced to nothing but a last name.

After her last three books, all set in the psycho town of Edilean, a place full of lying, conniving, busybodies, I was excited to hear Ms. Deveraux was revisiting the Montgomery clan. I’m always up for a story involving the Montgomery/Taggert families. But the Edilean freaks have moved to Nantucket and call themselves Kingsley/Montgomery no
Ekaterin
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Souhaitant alterner une lecture en espagnol très intéressante mais qui me demande plus de concentration, avec une lecture légère, j'ai laissé ma nostalgie diriger mon choix.

Jude Deveraux fait partie des "vieux de la vieille" de la collection Aventures et Passions publié chez J'ai Lu. Il y a 20 ans je dévorais avec délectation la saga des Montgomery et des Taggart, pour petit à petit les laisser de côté, trouvant une certaine tendance à se répéter et m'étant quand même un peu lassée. J'ai Lu avai
Zeek
I enjoyed going back into the Montgomery world- it’s been awhile since that’s happened… not awhile since I’ve read a JD Mongomery novel- I re-read her old stories quite often. No it’s been awhile since I’ve enjoyed one of her newer novels.

While this one dragged a bit in the middle- (you can’t say she doesn’t research her novels well, because we had quite a bit of architectural content)- it was fun seeing quirky characters again, like she used to write. Of course, this one being paranormal, there
Selma
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prekrasno je krenula, i onda kolaps, :) jedva sam izdržala, previše nepovezanih likova, previše nevezanih stvari, opisi događaja se ponavljaju bez razloga...420 stranica je bilo previše za mene.
Beth
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adelaide Kingsley, the matriarch of a nineteenth-century home, has just passed away. Her family has always left the Kingsley Nantucket home to the oldest son, but Adelaide has given the home one year to Alix Madsen...someone who isn’t even family.

Alix Madsen doesn’t understand why the Kingsley’s have given her their home and why both her parents are pushing her to take a year in the beautiful old house. The truth is Alix has been kept in the dark most of her life about her and her parents lives
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cristina Rodrigues, Verónica Silva, Raquel Leite
4.5*

Fui apanhada completamente de surpresa com este livro. Quer dizer, já sabia que Jude Deveraux tem o dom da escrita e que cativa os seus leitores como poucos autores, mas não estava mesmo nada à espera que ela colocasse a quantidade de "fantasia" ou sobrenatural que ela colocou nesta história.
No início fiquei um pouco confusa, pois eram demasiados nomes e demasiados séculos entre cada uma das personagens, mas ao longo do livro fui sendo completamente conquistada tanto pela história terna e ap
Fernanda
adorei!
Samantha
Esta es una lectura de las que dudo si darle un dos, o tres estrellas. Aunque la historia no me ha enganchado podría decir que me ha gustado. Los personajes están bien. Lo que me ha sobrado son muchas descripciones, repeticiones de explicaciones con lo mismo, escenas, y la resolución de Valentina queda muy al fondo, algo que pensaba que iba a ser distinto. Aun así, sé que más adelante me gustaría seguir con el siguiente.
Amina
I love Jude's writing. It's very "light" and enjoyable.

This book was amazing, I could just chill out and read it, and imagine myself being in Nantucket and having Jared beside me. Throughout the book, only thing I could think about was how this has to become a movie. I mean, it's witty, fun, has a bit action a (view spoiler) and it would be a great romantic comedy. I don't have much to say about this book, it was just a delight to read.

Would recommend to everyone 5/5 <3
Julie
True Love by Jude Deveraux is a 2013 Ballantine Books publication.

Jude Deveraux is an author I have always wanted to follow more closely, but I never seem to get around to reading her books. So, sticking to my personal 2016 New Year resolution to remedy these situations, I decided to start off with a more recent series/trilogy by this author.

The Nantucket Brides series sounded intriguing because it has a paranormal element to it and I love the setting.

Alix Madsen has the wonderful opportunity
Jessi
Oh, Jude Deveraux. I don't know why I still read your stories. They are so... twee. Alix is just TSTL and Jared... why the hell is he keeping all these secrets from her? He knows that she is the One For Him but still won't let her know all of the information she should be privvy to. These are the things that piss me off most in reading romance novels. Add to that the insistence that Jared has that he's too old for Alix (why spell it like that anyway?)
Well, part of the reason I still pick up your
Vanessa Montês
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emprestaram-me
(...)

Jude Deveraux tem um dom para a escrita. Todos sabem isso e a própria continua a demonstrá-lo com cada livro que escreve. Com um dom muito próprio, em que continua a juntar um pouco de sobrenatural a um livro cheio de romance e contratempos para as personagens principais, vi-me pressa na narrativa no momento em que comecei a ler esta nova história. As personagens são muito reais e as suas opções muito humanas. São estas as grandes características dos livros de Jude, como que o seu grande li
Ana Fernandes
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Mais exactamente 3,5⭐
É nestas alturas k fico aborrecida por não se poder dar meias estrelas no Goodreads... P mim a classificação nem é 3⭐, pq o livro é um bocadinho melhor, nem 4⭐ pq axo k n chega bem a esse patamar.
Ana Luisa
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Eu sei que ainda à pouco tempo terminei a leitura do ultimo volume desta trilogia, também sei que não devo ler muitos livros seguidos da mesma série, porque vou cansar-me e depois é uma grande chatice, mas a verdade é que não consegui parar quieta no meu canto e decidi ler o primeiro volume logo de seguida. E sabem de uma coisa? Gostei tanto *.*

Não consigo dizer qual dos dois gostei mais, até porque as historias são um pouco diferentes (apesar de seguirem
Mycoton32
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

18/20 - J'ai adoré l'ambiance, les personnages et vivre ces aventures à Nantucket <3
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/07/review-...

Alix Madsen is surprised when a friend of her family’s passes away and leaves her a Nantucket mansion to live in for one year. Alix is even more surprised when she discovers the nephew whom is living in the guest house is non other than famed architect, Jared Montgomery. Alix, having just finished up architect school, is thrilled with the opportunity to meet the master.

Jared Montgomery (Kingsley) is tired and doesn’t want or need Alix
Joana V.
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meus

Eu quero tanto dizer coisas boas acerca deste livro… Eu gostei bastante mas tenho uma crítica enorme a fazer… Este livro é praticamente igual ao “Jardim de Alfazema”, da mesma autora. Vou dar-vos uns exemplos:

Jardim de alfazema:
- Morre uma senhora e deixa uma casa a uma jovem, numa cidade onde toda a gente é família.
- Há um homem famoso que a dita jovem admira nessa cidade.
- Há uma história a descobrir na cidade e é a jovem que tem que descobrir a verdad
Manuela Santos
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A autora como sempre não me desiludiu, é uma verdadeira contadora de histórias.
Jude Deveraux tem o dom de envolver-nos nos seus enredos.
A escrita é simples, directa, agradável e apelativa ligando a beleza, o primor e o requinte entre o passado e o presente numa bela história de amor.
Mas, para Alix e Jared conseguirem ficar juntos terão que reparar erros do passado dos destinos inquietos dos seus antepassados.
A leitura é atractiva, compulsiva e fluida.
A maneira como descreve os espaços, os cená
Sue
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, audio
Enjoyed it, I thought the whole ghost connection was great. Love 200 year old Sea Captains. Must be a left over from my "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" days. Plus its based on Nantucket, a quaint island off the Massachusetts coast. Everyone should have an island or two to claim as their own. Well described, obviously the author spent some time on that Island. Romance was cute, but need more and I think in this case angst would have been the best fit. I think that could have been played up a bit more, ...more
Lori
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review via LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program. Jude Deveraux is the author of some of my favorite books but I struggled to get into this book. I knew how it would end from the start. It was like reading a book I had already read. It did not remind me so much of the author's earlier works but of Nora Roberts (an author I no longer read because she repeats herself). I hope Ms. Deveraux will go back to writing historical romance. I have not enjoyed h ...more
S M M A M
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
3,5
Titinha Scaeiro
3,5 não consegui dar mais, houve algumas coisas que me irritaram... mas depois lá começou a desenvolver e eu acabei por deixar de ficar irritada! LOL
Wicahpis
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leituras-2015
É um amor que vem de outros tempos...
Jossy Loes
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó, dulce, divertido.
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 2 Aug 06, 2015 11:37AM
true love 2 26 Aug 26, 2013 07:59PM
  • Crazy About Love (All About Love, #3)
  • No Turning Back (Hanover Brothers, #1)
  • Heartbreak Cove (Sanctuary Island #3)
  • Ride to Redemption (Ride, #1)
  • Leonie
  • The Cardwell Ranch Collection: Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch \ Justice at Cardwell Ranch \ Cardwell Ranch Trespasser
  • Legacy Of Lies
  • Something About Sophie
  • Chance of Rain
  • Forged in Dreams and Magick (Highland Legends, #1)
  • Crazy for You (Life and Love on the Lam, #2)
  • Postcards from Cedar Key
  • Darkness Rising
  • Between Faith and Fear (Captive, #2)
  • Relay (Changing Lanes, #1)
  • A Sandcastle Christmas (The Edge of Texas)
  • Wild Child (Boys of Bishop, #1)
  • Can't Stop Loving You (Forever Friends #1)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo

Nantucket Brides (3 books)
  • For All Time (Nantucket Brides, #2)
  • Ever After (Nantucket Brides, #3)
“Waiting for Prince Charming?"
"Aren't all women? And you're waiting for Cinderella."
"Actually," Jared said slowly, "I'm rather hoping to find the Evil Queen. I think she'd be much more fun.”
36 likes
“We women aren't good at hints. We like solid declarations of love and forever.” 28 likes