Start by marking “Heart in Wire (By a Thread, #4)” as Want to Read:
Heart in Wire (By a Thread, #4)

Heart in Wire

(By a Thread #4)

A by a Thread Companion Novel

This book has spoilers in it if you haven't read the By A Thread series yet, you may not want to read the synopsis. This is a companion book to that series and I highly suggest reading it first.

Have you ever been involved in an epic love story where you wound up alone? Have you devoted yourself so completely to someone that you lost yourself i
Published March 23rd 2014

To ask other readers questions about Heart in Wire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart in Wire

Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
4 HeArT fElT sTaRs

PATRICK

If you haven't read the By a Thread series it's a must. It's a hugely suspenseful thrill of a read. R.L. Griffin is an amazing author, I would definitely One-Click anything this lady writes.

The series definitely Blow. Me. Away.

Heart in Wire is Patrick's story told through his eye's, on the whole 'By A Thread' series . Patrick was one of my favourite characters from the series so I really looked forward to reading his inner musings and it didn't disappoint.

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heart In Wire by RL Griffin
5 stars!!

“The wire that squeezed his heart was painful on a normal day, but he’d punctured it and now he was bleeding the fuck out.”

Firstly I would highly recommend that you read the By A Thread series before reading this book if you have not done so already (By A Thread, Tension and Seamless). Heart In Wire is Patrick’s version of events during those three books. This is in no way whatsoever a re-telling of the series, it is so much more. This book is extremely insigh
Emma Corcoran
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So we all know that I am a HUGE fan of RL Griffin and the By A Thread Series. It was this A Love Affair with Books Blog that recommended By A Thread (Book 1) to me this time last year and I was instantly hooked! Having devoured the entire series, I was so excited when I learned that the delish Patrick was getting a book of his own. His side of the story needed to be heard and I am so happy that RL listened to the voices in her head (in this case Patrick) and put pen to paper and a HOT dude on th ...more
Ria
EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!Full review to follow... @http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/04...

GAAAAH!!!!!! Okay y’all seriously this book was just. SIGH! I caught all of the feels with this one. The By a Thread series has enthralled me from the very beginning and I am so beyond words ecstatic about Heart in Wire. This was an incredibly powerful and moving read it was full of passion, despair, powerful truths, dark secrets, agony, ecstasy, scary places, retribution, distorted undertakings, and
Michelle Carroll
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing

"Sometimes people have to fall to learn to watch out for themselves.

I was so privileged to once again beta for RL Griffin for this amazing series.

Heart in Wire, is unlike anything she has ever written. Its Patricks story, but don't let that put you off, it's not your typical story from another characters point of view, it answers any questions you may have had from the BaT series and puts you in Patricks shoes, feeling every raw emotion and watching his heart bleed out.

We get to see more of Patr
Mimi
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For fans of the By a Thread series this is an absolute must read! This is Patrick's story. About 1/2 of the story is the BaT series through Patrick's eyes. We feel his emotions as he comes to grips with his feelings for El and works his way through them. The story continues past BaT, Mending and moves forward.

I don't want to spoil the story, but I will say relationships are introduced, old relationships are developed further, and through it all we see Patrick heal and comes to terms with his fee
Kelei Sabatino
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: By a Thread readers
Got to read a proof copy of this page turner. Loved getting to know Patrick- his story was definitely worth reading and left me cheering for him. This book was like candy--enjoyed getting more details and “sweet scoop” on some of my favorite By A Thread characters; Jesse and Billy. I was anxious as the ending was drawing near hoping for the best. RL always has surprise endings and this one was wonderfully delish! Great job--if you read BY A THREAD you will LOVE Heart in Wire!
K.
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The beginning of this story recap's some events from the By A Thread series only from Patrick's POV. It's insightful. The writing is brilliant and this is a great read. I love Patrick and his story. I LOVE PATRICK!!! If you have read the BaT series this is a must read! If you haven't read the BaT series- what the hell are you waiting for?! You need to experience all that is RL Griffin's story-telling mastery!
Shamika
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I truly cannot express how much the BaT series means to me, and HIW was just incredible. It's an absolute must read and one that I couldn't wait to get my hands on.

What can I say about Patrick's story? Patrick is the type of friend we all want. He's extremely loyal and that was evident when he was given the task (not by choice) to help Stella cope with the loss of her fiancé Jamie. From the beginning Patrick has been sort of a silent hero. He has to tell Stella that her fiancé is dead and deal
Holly
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The By a Thread series is a well written, completely well rounded story. The series can get you crying one second and laughing the next, with quite a few jaw dropping moments in the middle of it all. When you’re reading Heart in Wire be prepared for that emotional roller coaster ride to continue.

Heart in Wire is related to us from Patrick’s point of view. Patrick is a profound character. His love for Stella is so intense that it actually seems unhealthy.

“Patrick tried to unwrap the twisted wir
Jamie
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"The wire that squeezed his heart was painful on a normal day, but he’d punctured it and now he was bleeding the f*** out."

In the beginning of Patrick's story we get to see some of the pivotal moments of the By a Thread series through his eyes. This is NOT a re-telling of the series in a different POV. I never once felt like I was reading the same book.

The rest of the book picks up where we left off in Seamless. We get to see Patrick try to put all his broken pieces back together and move on wi
Sherry
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-sensual
I was fortunate enough to read Heart in Wire by the wonderful RL Griffin before it was released. I cannot say much because I do not want to spoil it for other readers, but I can say this: SHE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT! My emotions were all over the place in this book. I hated people, loved people, was able to see characters in a brand new light, and most of all I found out some much desired answers to many questions. This is a perfect companion to the By a Thread series. BaT readers who love Patrick w ...more
Robert Reeves
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, this book was what I expected and so much more. Okay… I’m biased. I admit it. I loved Patrick in the series and now love him more. If you have read Seamless you know part of the story. I stress part. Because HIW gives a whole new spin and in my opinion a much more torn story of a man longing to be with someone he can’t have. This book moves further, too.

What do I love about this version? Well, everything. Patrick is hot… HOT. And, the intense action is on fire! “I can still taste her some
GA Bookaholics
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kelli
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my god I hate writing reviews. BUT...I am such a fan of both this author and this series, that I will make an exception and write my second review EVER.

This is the fourth book in the By a Thread series. It is a fantastic addition and a switch in point of views. And it is not only a point of view change but you really get new insight into the story. It really is a must read for anyone who has immersed themselves in the lives of Stella, George and Patrick.

Oh Patrick. This book just makes me wan
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Where.... how do I start. I really liked Patrick in all the BAT books and I was glad to know that he was getting his own book. I wanted to know his side of the story. I learned so much about how he felt towards El, Jamie and even George. I had mixed feelings reading how he really felt towards his "friends" but I can't hate or blame him for having his feelings... ok, maybe I hated him sometimes but I liked him way MORE!!!
I'm glad he get closure and finds happiness.
If you enjoyed reading By a Thr
*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha
Absolutely amazing follow up to the By a Thread Series. Just such a superbly written commentary from Patrick's point of view. I had wanted so badly to know how Things turned out for Patrick. I had always liked his character and this book just nails those emotions and feelings. Read this book. Read the series. You will not be disappointed
Stacey Ryan
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win a ARC of this book! It gave it 5 OMS stars! The beginning of this story was a recap of some events from the Bat series in Patrick's POV but I did not feel that I was reading the same story. This is a great read. I love Patrick and his story. If you have read the BaT series this is a must read!
Maria
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Nothing new, same old re hash of the previous books.
Kerry Melton
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to give more than 5 stars
Dympna
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For me, the By A Thread Series is, by far, one of my favourite ever series’. I laughed, loved, cried and had a major book hangover after each one. When R.L. said we were getting Patrick’s story, I was so excited to read it; especially after SEAMLESS because I loved Patrick. Now that I’ve read HEART IN WIRE, I can say with full certainty that R.L. Griffin has not let us down… not that we ever expected her to! She definitely opened my eyes to a few things and I will say that my opinions of a few o ...more
Jenn
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“You’re holding her hand because you want to; she’s holding yours because she needs to.”

This is a companion book to the By A Thread Series (By a Thread, Tension, Seamless) so in order to understand what takes place in this book, it is highly recommended that you read those books before you read this one.

I went into this book not liking Patrick at all. I despised him. Better yet, I hated him for taking advantage of Stella during one of the weakest times in her life. I didn’t always hate him. Ther
Jenn
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 +++ Stars
OMS!! Patrick I love you!! I thought I was happy and content with everything when Seamless ended but I now know – nope not at all, I was just waiting for Patrick’s story and holy hell what a story it is!

This is Patrick’s POV, but make no mistake, it’s not the same story we’ve read just rehashed through his eyes. It is emotional and raw and I felt like there was so much more to learn about not only Patrick but the whole group as well. We get to see more about his family and friendship
YaYa
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it

❤4.5 Stars❤

In My Opinion, you can almost read this as a standalone. It's has a recap of BaT from his flashbacks. Only difference is we get Patricks POV. It was nice to know what he thought and how he felt with his El situation. Patrick pissed me off as much as most heroines do. I was constantly yelling "Patrick, Man Up. Stop being a little Bitch!!!" It was sickening how obsessed he was with El. I felt like El wasn't leading him on. I'm not blaming the girl
Lys
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars! I wish I could give it more, I wanted to give it more,but the first half was literally a recap of the first 3 books with just a little more from Patrick's POV. Heart In Wire is Patrick's journey and how he fought to move on after life without El. It was truly heart breaking to read Patrick's innermost thoughts. At one point,I even hoped El would leave George to be with Patrick! Wrong I know. I just wanted Patrick's pain to go away. I felt the hurt he carried with him.
One aspect of the
Leslie
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you read the By a Thread series and loved it this companion novel is a must read. Do not read this book until you have read the By a Thread series.

I loved the BaT series and was excited to read this one. Heart in Wire is the BaT series from Patrick’s POV with some new things thrown in. I didn’t feel like I was reading the same books again, his POV brought a new light the all of the events that took place in the previous book.

Any questions that I had from the series were answered in this book
Andrea
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
5 plus stars!!!

*ARC received in return for an honest review

I honestly don't know where to start. Having just finished Heart In Wire my heart actually hurts! From the first page right up until the last my heart has been heavy and hurting for Patrick. I am writing this review feeling very emotional and very very teary...R.L. Griffin you did it again, you fucked with my mind!! (and you still hold the honour of being the only author to make me curse in a review)

Heart In Wire is an emotionally
Reading in Black & White
"A girl broke my fucking heart, but to me it doesn't feel broken, just wrapped in fucking wire, because no matter what I do...what direction I go...it fucking hurts."

If we change the pronoun, can't we all relate to the quote above??? Ohhhhhh, my heart just broke for Patrick while reading Heart In Wire. And, it really pains me to say that because my favorite character from this series aka Stella, is the reason why his heart is wrapped in wire. I loved his character in the previous books, but in t
Stephanie
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, freaking LOVED this book and it made me feel so much stuff! I love that it had different perspectives and insight from scenes I remembered from the three By A Thread books, but it also had SO much more. (This is a companion novel, not technically part of the By A Thread "trilogy," but you will appreciate it much more if you've read those first.)

At times, I really struggled with my love for Patrick, but that's part of why I loved the book. Even when I was irritated with Patrick, I stil
Elisabeth Cole
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad this is the last of this series (is it?) but so sorry it's over. I loved the whole wild ride and was really excited to see that Patrick got a chance to tell his story! The first half of the book basically skimmed over the same timeline as the first three books but told from Patrick's pov. It answered a lot of questions and explained things I was wondering about so I really enjoyed it. The second half of the book was Patrick trying to move on with his life and forget Stella. So sad, I ...more

• Denying Heaven: Prologue (Room 103, #2.5)
  • Dirty Nights, The Novel
  • Love Required (Real Love, #3)
  • Ending a Torn Past (Journey, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Never Doubt Me (Judge Me Not, #2)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Stubborn Love (I Love You, #2)
  • When Fates Align (Fates, #3)
  • Protecting Lyndley (US Marshal #1)
  • Before & After
  • Love UnExpected (Love's Improbable Possibility, #2)
  • What He Really Feels (He Feels Trilogy, #2)
  • Summer Girl, Winter Boy
  • Barely Surviving (Surviving, #1)
  • Girl of Rage (Rachel's Peril, #2; Thompson Sisters, #6)
  • Kestrel (Hart Brothers, #3)
  • The Prophecy (Secrets of Shadow Hill, #2)
R.L. lives in the Atlanta area with her husband, son, and two dogs. After going to law school at American University, Washington College of Law, she settled back in the state in which she grew up but only after she fell in love with D.C. She worked in the Senate during the impeachment trial and the Department of Justice.

She loves reading all sorts of books and rarely has free time.

By a Thread (5 books)
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
  • Tension (By a Thread, #2)
  • Seamless (By a Thread, #3)
  • Mending (By a Thread, #3.5)
“You're holding her hand because you want to; She's holding yours because she needs to.” 0 likes
“She’s the wire and you are the bolt cutters I needed.” 0 likes