Start by marking “More Than This (More Than, #1)” as Want to Read:
More Than This (More Than, #1)

More Than This

(More Than #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  32,304 ratings  ·  2,934 reviews
When Mikayla imagined her prom night, she envisioned a fairy-tale evening full of romance. So when betrayal and tragedy come in quick succession, Mikayla is completely destroyed. Suddenly, everything she loved and everyone she relied on are tragically, irrevocably gone.

Jake, a handsome boy she just met, happens to witness her loss. With no one to turn to, Mikayla is forced
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, ASIN: B00DVEUGZ6, 264 pages
Published July 10th 2013 by Jay McLean

To ask other readers questions about More Than This, please sign up.

·  32,304 ratings  ·  2,934 reviews

Christy
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone and everyone!
Recommended to Christy by: Alexis *Reality Bites*
Shelves: 2017-audio

5- I more than a lot liked this book- stars!!!

photo b40e4fd5-21f0-4b53-9148-dac9ec388ff0_zpsf65fc7e6.jpg

This book hooked me from the start and I couldn’t put it down. Loved every single page! I’m going to throw this out at the very beginning of my review- this one is going straight to the favorites shelf!

In one night my fairytale ended... or it may have begun.
It’s just one day. 24 hours. But for Mikayla, that one day alters her entire life. Kayla’s life was pretty great. She had fun and awesome parents, a sweet little sister, a best friend- Megan, a
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
5 STARS out of 5
Genre:New Adult Romance
2013 FAVORITE

photo hearts_zps2cbeef3d.gif

That moment when you find a book you love..and can barely contain your excitement because you want to share it with EVERY ONE

photo tumblr_men8o9eWHt1r4hu81_zps7388a7f9.gif

It can’t be just me… You have to read this book I cannot be alone in this love fest. I need my fellow book lovers to read this book! ASAP!

My Casting
 photo 95664ae6-976e-494f-b104-bccc3c537c46_zps1ce47802.jpg

REVIEW

Because I need to know.
I need to know how she feels and what she wants from me, from this.
If she want
Pearl Angeli
(SPOILERS ahead...)

It took every ounce of control I had not to DNF this book. It's one of the most unrealistic stories I've ever come across with!

Here are the reasons why I didn't like it:

UNREALISTIC PLOT - This is a work of fiction, I know. But why make the whole thing unbelievable to the extreme? Mikayla found out one day that her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. That same day, she also met the gorgeous guy with a sexy Aussie accent named Jake and well, instantly felt attracted
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carol [Goodreads Addict] by: Jacqueline and Hazel
4.5 STARS

photo 10580000_1552483881630576_7906209586430500688_n_zpssxtmhgaa.jpg

More Than This is book one in the More Than series by Jay McLean. This book was recommended to me by two different friends but I hadn’t really read many reviews so it took me by completely by surprise. I WAS NOT prepared for all the feels, and let me tell you, there are plenty. And the hotness factor, oh my gosh, was off the charts.

photo tumblr_nf5kfnv3uw1rkt3l4o1_500_zpsc9i9z4b9.jpg

Mikayla is eighteen years old, just two weeks away from graduation, and it’s prom night. She is going with her boyfriend of four years, James, and her bes
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*3 Stars*

Great story, but left me slightly conflicted...

This book had such a powerful, gripping start that broke my heart and made me anxious for the complex story I presumed would follow. Instead, I found that the middle strayed considerably from the intensity and intrigue of its promising beginning. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy what this story offered, because I did. But I felt some major issues were never fully explored while certain trivial issues were intensified. Luckily, the endi
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
2.5 Stars

Maybe I've just read too many things similar to this and thus the blush is off the rose...but this pretty much sums it up for me:

description

Don't get me wrong, Jake was cute and I liked him and all...but Kayla and her cock teasing ways were really starting to make me want to slap a bitch.

Two words:

Blue. Balls.

description

Not nice, Kayla. Even I was getting sexually frustrated, and I don't even have balls.

description

Something else random that annoyed me? This quote:

"If I compare my feelings for Jake to my feelings for
Kellie Maddox-Ward
 photo urgent_zps223d0f16.jpg

Jay McLean… I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!

Seriously your words, this story, the characters, the emotions.. THE GODDAMN EMOTIONS!!… It just blew me away!
You blew me away. I can’t believe that this is a debut novel!
God I love Indie authors!

So seriously dude
Highfive photo 0E1CE0C0.jpg

I know some people out there have been haters, due to a few grammatical errors etc, but seriously..
 photo haterstotheleft_zpsc26cfc81.gif

If you’re that into the story you don’t worry about those things. But I saw that you said you’re fixing the errors.

Ok now onto this story…
Shit peeps
In the beginning I was having a fair amount of fun. I always enjoy contemporary reads and people had been recommending this series for a while now. Logan and Lucy's books in particular so those are the ones I'm anticipating the most.

I really tried to like this book and for a moment I thought I was going to but the characterization was so poor. There was no arc at all, either.

I was legit concerned about Mikayla's mental health because that girl did not mourn whatsoever. I'm not saying she had to
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: C-Money
JUST ADDED Author Interview - > HERE

SUPER ADORABLE character interview here - > Jacqueline's Reads

5 STARS

I more than a lot like you ... so much more than a lot

WHERE DO I BEGIN?! I'm just going to be upfront with you. I.LOVED.LOVED.LOVED.LOVED --- > MORE THAN THIS!

My Emotions:

At 1% - I had no idea what to expect, my girlfriend recommend it to me, so I said, oh what the heck.

At 1.1% - I KNEW this was going to be something special

At 8% I am grinning because of all the cuteness!

At 14
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I was going to call this one “Hey, I just met you . . . and this is crazy, but my family just croaked so I’m going to move in to your house and have a completely unhealthy relationship with you maybe,” but I decided to go with something a little classier instead . . .

“Nothing says awkward like coming in your pants while dry humping.”

If you’re only interested in the Cliff’s Notes version, here it is . . .

Commercial Photography

The long version is Mikayla
Anna
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves life
Recommended to Anna by: Alexis *Reality Bites*
5 stars of a more than a lot of epic greatness !!!

JAKE.Fucking.ANDREWS he's kind of a big deal.....Hmmmmmm Australian Accent.....hell yes mate!

HE WAS MY PRINCE CHARMING. MY WHITE KNIGHT. MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER. MY EVERY FUCKING THING

MIKAYLA ~ this beautifully broken girl....her world collapsed

I WILL NOT LET BAD PEOPLE DICTATE WHAT SHOULD BE A GOOD LIFE

I pretty much was in tears for the better part of this book ! The tragedy that happened with Mikayla really ripped my heart out. Her PROM night.
• Lisa •
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to • Lisa • by: Alexis *Reality Bites*
FOUR MORE THAN STARS.

I think I'm in love with this beautifully broken girl.

description

Why, oh why, oh why, did I wait so long to start this series? It's been under my nose for so long, so many of my friends have read, devoured and adored this series and here I am only just starting this epic 'more than' marathon. I can only say that I'm an idiot, but at least right now I'm a happy idiot and blissfully enjoying the start of my Jay McLean type book binge. From prologue to epilogue this book had me wrapped
Beverly
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beverly by: Christy
This is a read now on NetGalley - if you haven't fallen in love with this series, now is your chance!!

5 More than love this series Stars

This series was recommended to me a while back by two of my favorite friends, and every week I kept moving it on my calendar. Well this last week I decided to read some of the books that I have been meaning to read, but they kept getting pushed back. I knew I had to start with this one, and let me tell you I am so glad! I have joked I am the last person on GR to
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* by: *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
*****Warning this review contains spoilers******

I completely and utterly Loved this book!!!
What a beautiful story!!

This is a sad and oh so sweet story

"I feel sorry for all the girls in the world that never get to experience a Jake Andrews at least once in their lifetime."

This is a story of the end and the beginning of the life which Mikayla knew..

The night which was supposed to be her beautiful fairytale... Senior prom with her boyfriend and best friend.

Goodbye's said by her wonderful family..
Th
Jay McLean
Aug 05, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

**EXCLUSIVE LOGAN SCENE ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE**

Logans POV of (view spoiler)

Make sure to add More Than Her to your tbr if you haven't already.

**DELETED SCENE POSTED ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE**

JAKE'S POV OF spoiler: (view spoiler)

Aestas Book Blog
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED **

"In one night my fairytale ended. Or it may have begun..."

More Than This  was a very sweet and sometimes heartbreaking book about love, loss, healing and friendship. It was laced with some sadness following a horrific tragedy but the feeling of the book was more focused on healing, rebuilding and finding happiness again.

I loved the hero and the core group of characters and will be looking forward to the next in the series. This one however reads a complete standalon
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4 So Much More Stars

Mikayla has everything going for her. A loving family, a hot boyfriend and a best friend, it seems nothing could happen to ruin the life she's living. Until the night of her prom when everything falls apart, everything she's always held dear ripped from her life. Everything she has always believed in is proved to have been a lie.

The one thing that anchors her and prevents her from drifting away is Jake. A chance meeting but he becomes her saving grace, the one who pulls her o
Theresa Alan
This is the first new adult novel I’ve ever read (listened to on an audiobook). At first, I thought I was reading YA. I read probably one YA a year now that I’m no longer in junior high, which was one million years ago. Then when there was all this explicit sex and swearing, I thought, my my, YA has changed.

Duh. New adult. I’d heard the term, I’d just never stumbled on it before.

The premise of the novel starts out well. Mikayla goes to prom with high hopes, only to be betrayed not just by her l
Jamie
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jamie by: Alexis *Reality Bites*
THIS BOOK WAS TOTAL FANFUCKINGTASTIC!!!

IT WAS JUST........

This was a book I could not put down... it consumed me. This story.. this amazing story... is honestly unlike any other I've ever read. Most books follow the same formula as far as true love goes.. and this one did have a few predictable elements.. but what happens in the beginning to Kayla ( aka Mickey).. is like nothing I've ever read before.. well--- nothing put together like that before. Chick had some way serious things to overco
NiCoLeTa E.
***5 tender and loving "more than a lot" stars***

What a lovely and tender story!!!

Yeah, i know it was heartbroken in the most part, but i like ever single moment inside that book!!!
First of all, it was a book about kindness, strength and courage...
About family and real friendship...
And finally it was about love... The kind of love that never ends!!!
The kind of love that from the first moment stand by you and become more that everything!!!

Yeah, it was a messy situation but it was as α resul
DW
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: more-than
I had no idea what I was getting into when I picked this book out. It was on KU, so I thought... why not?

I more than really really liked this book. More than really liked Kayla and I for sure really really more than liked Jake.

More Than This was absolutely wonderful and heartbreaking. It is about high school/ college kids but the story is amazing.

Now I'm on to Logan's story!
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
UPDATE: Jay has released an EXTRA bonus scene 10/10/2013! It'll be spoiler-y if you haven't read the book. Here's the link: click here

5 stars!!!

I loved this book so, so much I am going to do an interview as a review!!! First time so bear with me! All answers are from the book and not made up! I promise there are NO SPOILERS! Okay here we go!

Me: Hi Ms. Jones! Thanks for agreeing to meet with me! (Technically, I had to drag her here…prying her away from Jake was nearly impossible)

Mikayla: Micky.
Duchess Nicole
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: NA readers, lovers of angst and drama
Recommended to Duchess Nicole by: Alexis *Reality Bites*
"Talking without speaking. Feeling without touching."

I shouldn't like this book, but I really did. I've had all these issues with this genre lately, but I keep getting sucked into reading them. And sure, yeah...this story contained some of my pet peeves. It's pretty darn angsty. The setup is a bit off the charts, and so is the melodrama. But I was glued to these pages.

I don't want to even say what happens within the first few chapters because I think it would spoil the story. I went into it w
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

I adored this book. I loved every single second (even the frustrating ones).

At its heart, this was a modern day fairytale about a “regular” girl. And, as all good fairytales do, it starts with a tragedy. Well, actually two tragedies. The first is the catalyst for Mikayla and Jake’s chance meeting. The second is what both keeps them together, and threatens to tear them apart.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The thing that makes this story different, and sets it apart from the hundreds of other NA books I’ve read with similar t
Claire Robinson
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - There is only so much shit I can take before all the fucked-up things in my life consume me. Stars!

More Than this is the first book I have read by Jay McLean, it is what I affectionately class as a ‘kitchen sinker’, in that it feels like the author has literally thrown as many tropes as she possibly can at it. This is the type of book I need to be in a certain mood for, otherwise I just get frustrated and annoyed.

Luckily, I was in the right mood, although I did get a little frustrated, bu
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--SWEET and HEART-WARMING--Stars!!!

That was the sweetest story ever! *sigh*

Mikayla's life changes forever the night of her prom. And it all started with a spilled beer....

More Than This is the story of Kayla and Jake. And I don't want to tell you too much about how they met and how they fell in love because I think that will spoil so much of their story.

It was a chance encounter that led to a tragedy. It started as a friendship and grew in to so much more. A heart-breaking tale that warmed
.Lili.
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: 6-star-books
 photo her33_zps99a8e26c.gif

More Than This was so much more than I expected. This is the beautiful coming of age story of Kayla and Jake. They meet on a night in which Kayla loses everything she loves and Jake was there to help keep her together.

The author did such a wonderful job depicting their pain, sorrow, joy, and intense chemistry. Their commitment to each other was felt on every sentence, every page.

photo image_zpseb21885f.jpg

All the characters were well developed and the author took great care with building their relationship. We were on t
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teared-up
This was a good story.....A very original storyline and it kept my attention and I had to find out what happened next. I got mad quite a bit during this book as well. I will say however the writing/grammar was a wee bit distracting for me so I cant give it a 5.

Update 7/16/13 I have been told book was edited to remove legits! Authors do listen! Everyone cheer! Now go forth and read this book! Right NOW!
dance photo tumblr_inline_mk6zfyZocM1qz4rgp_zps110ada7e.gif

Too many legits and too much slang. Sometimes it was funny and others it just got annoying. T
Catarina
5 Amazing Stars!

In the most tragic night of her life Mikayla and realizing that her life will never be the same again, she finds the most unexpected silver lining in the middle of the darkness.
On that night she finds Jake and trough the next months he will be her shoulder, her best friend and the only person she can completely rely on. He’ll be her knight in shining armor.

description

Their love isn’t lighting strike, it will take its time to evolve, there will be a lot of tears and a very emotional road t
Katerina
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katerina by: NiCoLeTa E.
“It's a small touch,our skin only lightly grazing,but it feels so intimate,like we're more than what we are.I know I want to be.I want to be more than this.”

More Than This is a sweet,tender,sexy,heartwarming story,that left me lightheaded and smiling!What can I say,cute romances are my guilty pleasure!

Micky's whole world shattered in her prom night.She felt the sting of betrayal by two people she loved,and the only reason she didn't collapse from sorrow was a stranger who witnessed her drama

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Keep Me Still (Keep Me Still, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Kiss This (The McCallans, #1)
  • All the Pieces (Pieces of Lies, #3)
  • When It Rains (Rains, #1)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Ruin (Ruin, #1)
  • There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge, #1)
  • Associates (Alfonzo, #9)
  • Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1)
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three little boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her lau

More Than (5 books)
  • More Than Her (More Than, #2)
  • More Than Him (More Than, #3)
  • More Than Forever (More Than, #4)
  • More Than Enough (More Than, #5)
“He's not the heart and flowers kind of guy, but he's the heart and soul kind, and fuck if every girl would rather that than flowers.” 206 likes
“To whoever wrote Fifty Shades of Grey," Cam eyes the sky like he's thanking the Lord. We all laugh and drink.” 116 likes