Start by marking “Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)” as Want to Read:
Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)

Wooing Master Jones

(BDSM Club #1)

Everyone needs a little romance…

When artist Stephen Carter catches a glimpse of Master Jones on the security monitors of his brother’s BDSM club he’s entranced. A hastily drawn sketch manages to capture the Dom’s high cheekbones, square jaw, and hot, hard body. A body the quiet, reclusive Stephen would love to explore.

The subs who fall for Victor Jones always get hurt. He
Published February 2nd 2011 by All Romance eBooks

To ask other readers questions about Wooing Master Jones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wooing Master Jones

Emma Sea
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, insta-love
Amber Kell makes Sean Michael look erudite.
Serena Yates
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute story about a shy artist, Stephen, who has his heart set on Master Jones, a “Dom with a reputation” for never spending time with the same sub twice. The focus of the story is not so much the BDSM side of things, but the relationship of the two men as Stephen’s determination grows to “conquer” this man and make him his. The more obstacles get in his way, the more determined he becomes.

Master Jones doesn’t know what hits him when Stephen decides to woo him. He is used to being obeyed, i
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was a short and sweet story. I really enjoyed it.

I really liked Stephen and found it endearing how he would make gifts for Victor, by hand, but wasn't ready enough to let Victor know who his secret admirer was. Although he was a confident artist, he was still a shy, awkward kind of guy who's slightly oblivious to people that flirt with him. Victor is the typical hard-ass dom whose bored of every sub that comes his way and I liked how he was intrigued, and slightly possessive, of the gifts h
V
Mar 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not your typical BDSM story, maybe that is the main reason that I love it so much. No spanking, chains or weird stuff.Just a really nice, cute story.
Yvonne
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Yvonne by: Laura M
It's really so cute & sweet I feel almost guilty for not loving it more. The story is hampered by size (very short) so we get everything happening just too quickly with no build up from instant love to commitment. I did like the start & the secret admirer idea and if the author had just stuck with that idea & have the end be some kind of reveal & the start of the relationship, this would fit in more with a 45 page short story. Trying to add in more element really bought down the ...more
Gigi
Originally read in 2012 - 5 stars
Re-read in August 2014 - 2 stars

Whoops! Another book that didn't live up to the 5 stars I gave it 3 years ago. This story was a bit silly to me now and the sub in the story played into the helpless, brainless plaything that I have come to loath so much in BDSM books over the years. If this was my first read now, I would have given it 2 stars, but since I obviously enjoyed it very much years ago, I'm going to split the difference and give it 3. Newbies to BDSM wil
Stephanie
Ale Rivero
La historia de Jones y Stephen es bastante interesante y llevadera para pasar el rato.
Me encanta la forma en la que Stephen empieza cortejando a Victor para poder conquistarlo, y como el Dom se rompe la cabeza pensando en quién puede ser su admirador secreto.
Me gustó cómo la autora construyó el lugar y los personajes, pero al ser una historia tan corta me quedé deseando mucho más.
Sin embargo, es una historia más que recomendable para pasar un buen momento.
Dee Wy
3.5 stars. Sugar and spice and everything nice, comes to mind. For me this short story was enjoyable, but had a bit too much sugar and not enough spice for a BDSM story.
Charlie Richards
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-read-again
What can I say about this short story? Sappy, sweet, and I loved every cheesy minute of it. If you're looking for a cute, entertaining read that will put a huge smile on your face, this is the one.
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Title & Cover: The cover is totally not for me, but I think the title is as cute as the story. =)

Characters: Stephen was so adorable! He worked the genius cliche a little, but I liked that. He was very serious and brave, and worked around his initial shyness very well.
Victor was a typical Dom, I might say. However, I found it nice that he didn't disregard his admirer because it was out of his control, but was curious instead. Maybe not so typical after all. ^^
As a pair, they were a bit bumpy
Phaney
Sep 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
2011 Review:

XD This was surprisingly awesome. It just sucked me in; I hadn’t even planned on reading it but just a glace showed it was quality. Such a sweet and funny story.

It’s D/s (flavoured; don't expect the real thing) but the best part would be that (view spoiler)
Susana
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Victor Jones is a tough guy. He’s every submissive’s dream, but he never takes the same submissive twice, never commits. Stephen Carter knows this. He also knows he must do something different to attract the gorgeous Dom’s interest. That’s why he sets to court the man he wants by sending him anonymous presents, which will eventually gain him not only Victor’s interest but also his heart.
Oh, this was cute. It has nothing to do with BDSM. It is just the story of a tough guy going all mush
bazinga ~Lisa
Feb 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to bazinga ~Lisa by: silver publishing
Shelves: amber-kell, series, are
More like 2.5 bumped to 3 b/c I am conflicted about this book since I DID like the story and the MCs but the setting is all wrong. The blurb leads you to think there is a BDSM component to the story that was not truly present. Take the MC out of the BDSM club and put them in a regular night club and the story works better because the 'dom' Vic is described in such a way to give the feel that he is an exacting, severe, no excuses man yet as soon as he meets Stephen, that all changes. While Vic is ...more
Blackravens Reviews
MacKenzie’s Review:

Wooing Master Jones by Amber Kell is part of the Perfect Stranger series published by All Romance Ebooks this February. What a perfect addition to this series. Wooing Master Jones has so many wonderful aspects it’s hard to decide what I liked best; the wooing portion, the passion between our main characters, the tender moments, the drama or the ending.

There was just the right amount of everything to make this an extremely enjoyable read from beginning to end.

I know this book i
Tammy Sargeant
I'm a sucker for a good m/m romance, but I didn't really enjoy this book. first off, the editing was horrible, Master Jones was an asshole. I hated him. I guess it could be that I don't find no point in this whole Dom and sub sex thing. Getting yelled at and spanked doesn't really scream sexy to me. Unless it's written by Lorelei James. Anyways, Master Jones, dick. Stephan was a cutie. I loved hiss random burst of art inspiration. But gosh was he a softie. At one point I forgot this was a m/m st ...more
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short story about Stephen and Master Jones. Stephen is an art student and brother of the owner of a BDSM club. Master Jones is well known for not developing long lasting relationships with his subs. I loved learning how Stephen wooed Master Jones. I loved that Master Jones was so excited about getting wooed. I laughed out loud at some of Stephen's antics. I do think that their declarations of love were a little rushed but I just didn't care because I love Stephen and Master Jones toget ...more
L-D
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber Kell's short stories are hit or miss for me. I just read Faerly Enchanting and it was a DNF for me. I couldn't finish the last couple of pages. This story on the other hand I found very good. Stephen is in the security room of his brother's BDSM club and he sees Master Jones on the security feed. Immediately attracted to him, Stephen begins wooing him anonymously. Master Jones is bored with the subs that come and go. He is intrigued by the mystery surrounding his secret admirer and the ext ...more
Sadonna
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, mm, pdf
Nice short story about a young artist, Stephen, who hangs out in his brother's club on Saturday nights. He spied a Dom that he really is attracted to and he decides to draw him and have it delivered to him as a gift. For the next several weeks, Stephen continue to send gifts anonymously to Master Victor Jones. Victor is intrigues when Ralph, Stephen's friend and a bouncer at the club will not tel him who his secret admirer is. Eventually Great, Stephen's brother ends up spilling the beans accide ...more
Byron
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-read
I am NOT into the bdsm scene - well at least I don't think I am.. Having said that, this was a really enjoyable read. I think mostly the whole perspective was great, but then this book was more than just a BDSM story.. It was more about the romance of two people one - stuck in the bdsm scene and the outside of it.

The ability of two people coming together and making a life together. I would have liked to see more of the conversations and scene's connecting to each other but considering the size o
Helen Beattie
Feb 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story which is part of the Perfect Stranger series published by ARe. Stephen first sees Master Jones on the security screen of his brothers club. He decides Master Jones is the man for him and sets out to woo him anonomously. Master Jones, at first bemused by the gifts, starts to look forward to them.

Stephen and Master Jones are both such nice characters is would be hard not to like them. The simple plot did not detract from the story at all. The BDSM elements were alluded
Ebook Addict Reviews
The most romantic bit of wooing I’ve read in awhile, you’ll fall in love with Stephen and Victor as quickly as they do each other, I know I did. Amber Kell treats us to a uniquely written tale that turns the tables on the normal getting to know you stage in a new Master/Sub relationship and will leave you begging for more. Love at first sight has never been so much fun to watch/read about as it is in Wooing Master Jones.

I have never been disappointed in an Amber Kell novel and Wooing Master Jone
Lorraine
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story of love between two very different people. Stephen a shy innocent young man, and an older, hardened Dom, Victor Jones who doesn't think he will ever really care for anyone.
Victor is intrigued by the little presents he receives from "his admirer" but cannot work out who it might be, until one night his identity is revealed and the relationship proper can begin.
Insecurities from both men mean that the relationship has its struggles and misunderstandings, before getting the hoped for "happy
Theresa
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cute setup but didn't deliver. Victor expected sub behavior from Stephen but never defined rules/boundaries/expectations and trained him. Victor spent most of the book frustrated and upset with Stephen for not acting like a sub. Well duh.... The little sex that was there was generic and non descriptive. There was no BDSM in this book, not even DD. Victor's social life revolved around the club owned by Stephen's brother.
Delane Davis
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-bdsm, m-m
Amber Kell is a truly talented artist of words. I have read all of her books and with each one she tops the last. I love Wooing Master Jones because it shows the emotional side of a Dom. I was mesmerized by the relationship from the very first gift Stephen gives. The question is will his gifts be enough to capture the tough Dom?

I think Ambers stories always have an edge rarely offered by others. Read one of her books and you will never regret it.
Cheryl
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Amber Kell's Wooing Master Jones and Considering Carlyle back to back. It's good that I did because the books build the characters.
The action centres around the BDSM club but I wouldn't call them BDSM books, just light BDSM mentions here and there.
The books are short but we get introduced to Greg, Stephen, Ralph, Victor, Carlyle, Lindi and Will in the first book. Everything occurs over a few short months.
A nice short read.
Jade Archer
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one. Ms Kell's writing is really coming along in leaps and bounds! With every new book she seems to get better and better. Definitely double thumbs up! :) I loved the characters and story - both delightfully different and well fleshed out in this one IMO - and the HEA, while very much on the sweet, sweet side of romantic was just what I wanted for these guys. Recommended for anyone that needs a quick, feel good read that will leave you with a satisfied sigh.
Ruth
Oct 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
dnf. I got up to Vincent declaring that Stephen was his and that as soon as Stephen was healthy they'd move in together. Just... what? I don't care how thoughtful those gifts were, the two of them don't really know each other and Vincent has no claim on Stephen. It was creepy enough when Vincent showed up at Stephen's house unannounced, but then to start claiming Stephen belonged to him without then sharing even one property conversation? No thank you.
Elizabeth Larsen
May 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
I was a little disappointed by this one :/ It wasn't that it was a bad story because I did enjoy the cute love story, but iv never read an m/m book before and was a little taken back just because its not a book I would normally read. All in all it was a good book but I had to give it two stars cause it could have used a bit more body, don't get me wrong simple writing is what I live for but I felt like it was really rushed that's all.
  • Call Me Sir, Boy!
  • Sold (Hammer, #11)
  • Finders, Keepers (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #2)
  • Alphabet Soup (Alphabet Soup #1)
  • Floggers' Holiday Sale
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let

BDSM Club (3 books)
  • Considering Carlyle (BDSM Club #2)
  • Mastering Will (BDSM Club, #3)