Start by marking “Twirl: A Fresh Spin at Life” as Want to Read:
Twirl: A Fresh Spin at Life

Twirl: A Fresh Spin at Life

Is life making you so dizzy that you’re forgetting what’s most important?

Patsy Clairmont loves a good twirl. The kind that will make a child fall to the ground, squeal with laughter, and then want to get up and spin in circles some more! However, there is a twirl where busy schedules and urgency create a different and unwanted variety of dizzy into our lives.

Though hurry-u
Published January 14th 2014 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Twirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twirl

Leslie Clingan
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although I can't remember where I first heard about Twirl by Patsy Clairmont, I am thinking it, too, was through something Oprah-related, perhaps O magazine, where Ms. Winfrey often provides lists of "must-reads". I ordered it through Barnes and Noble to upload onto my Nook. You can check it out there or at Amazon.com.

The overview or synopsis on B&N begins by asking the question:

Is life making you so dizzy that you’re forgetting what’s most important? [source]

While my life is not as dizzying
Niki Roberts
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book Review by Misty Overstreet-Roberts, Blogger at http://theladypreferstosave.com

Hello again, savvy savers! This afternoon I wanted to bring you another book review. Today, I will be reviewing Twirl: A Fresh Spin at Life, by Patsy Clairmont.

I must begin by mentioning, I had neither heard of this book nor its author prior to reading this novel. But I am glad to relate that the book, in an unusual and refreshing manner, proved to be a clever recanting of personal tales, life lessons, and humanis
Stefanie Kamerman
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through Book Look Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Synopsis:
Is life making you so dizzy that you’re forgetting what’s most important?

Patsy Clairmont loves a good twirl. The kind that will make a child fall to th
Shauna Williams
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love it when I finish reading a book and it is full of notes and underlined parts. At that point I know I have had a connection with a book and that it is a book that has impacted my life.

Twirl by Patsy Clairmont is a wonderful book full of humor, inspiration, and motivation. Who wouldn't love to read a book like that? I have to admit, up until now I haven't read any books by Patsy Clairmont. However, I am now a huge fan and I can't wait to get a hold of another one of her books.

Twirl is full
Amanda Cain
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I had never heard of Patsy Clairmont prior to having the opportunity to read and review her book, twirl: A Fresh Spin At Life.

In an unusual, yet refreshing way, Clairmont shares personal stories that encourage us to slow down, laugh, and approach life with a fresh perspective. Discussing everything from reading and rest, to writing and bubble baths, Clairmont helps us discover how to step out of the endless, dizzying spin cycle of to-do lists and pressures, and embrace the beautifu
Elizabeth
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While Twirl by Patsy Clairmont is listed as Religion/Christian Life/ Woman's Issues I think of it more as a devotional as it made me stop. think. dwell. Patsy doesn't shove verses down our throat or tell us how to feel but rather asks us to discover our own feelings/thoughts with some fun questions at the end of each chapter.

A Fresh Spin At Life on the cover is what drew me in. I kept this book on my bedside table and read a few chapters each day while nursing Amy to sleep. I love Patsy's humor
Jennifer Pickwell
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is fabulous. I think I was caught off guard by how much I enjoyed it. Author Patsy Clairmont has created an invaluable resource full of wisdom and advice every woman I know could utilize. I feel like have had tea with a dear friend and she has listened to all my worries and frustrations and given me truth for what ails me.

A good sign that a book is a fast favorite is the need for a highlighter. Even as I read the first few pages of the introduction, I found my self underlining and dog-
Miamikel SS
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Twirl by Patsy Clairmont is a pure breath of fresh air! The laugh out loud, be young at heart kind of book that makes your spirits soar and your heart dance! I could not put this book down from the moment I opened the first pages. This is down to earth, friend to friend, heart to heart talking and it warms the soul, leaving a smile behind as you close the book on the last page read. Absolutely refreshing!

Twirl is written in the classic Patsy style of writing that highly entertains. There is no d
Donna Shepherd
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the blurb for “Twirl,” the author, Patsy Clairmont, says she hopes to help her readers make choices that lead to renewal and peace. I figured the twirling had to do with the breakneck pace of our current culture. When I first received “Twirl” for review, I was puzzled by the image of a pinwheel on the front. I wanted a book on how to stop the dizziness of a too-busy life. Then I saw the smaller subtitle, “A Fresh Spin at Life.” Clever!

Instead of trying to stop the chaos, Patsy leads her reade
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Take:

First, I love how this book is broken up into small sections and you can take this book at a chunk at a time. I never felt overwhelmed by the information, but instead felt like I could read each chapter and apply it to my life. Second, you could easily read this book as a daily devotional and that could be really nice, especially if you're a busy and trying to figure out how to fit everything into your schedule. I loved that this was put into small enough chunks where I could read this a
Jennifer B
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read on exploring our personal story in life. Patsy lovingly encourages her readers to engage the senses, while taking in a deep breath and creatively uncovering ways to find our true selves. Highly recommend!!
Kelly OFarrell (Meegan)
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read. Patsy is an inspiration. Good read for anyone who is looking for a pick me up!
Maryann
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
maryann

I loved this book. Every chapter made me fell like Patsy was talking directly to me. I also enjoyed the questions at the end of each chapter.
Melissa
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
More amazing wisdom from Patsy. Enough said.
Nancy Holte
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
Patsy is funny and inspirational. This book is filled with wisdom for life.
Kimmie Marshall
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Love Patsy style of writing, sharing her thoughts on how to live in today's world, with God leading us.
SFang
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting fluffy take on life with nuggets of truth. I'd like to have a cup of tea and laugh with the author.
Karen Korb
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts On The Book: I am a huge fan of Patsy Clairmont and this book is one that I will definitely keep in my library because it is the kind of book that will help you remember exactly what is most important in your life. As a child of the twirling days....hoola hoops and all I was excited to see this book on the review list. This book was an eye opener for me. I discovered I had pushed some of life's important things onto the back burner of life and forgotten them. This book, like every Pa ...more
Joyce Oliver stahle
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Patsy made excellent points on what is important in life and how to enjoy life to the fullest.
The chapters are short, which make it a fast read. At the end of each chapter she asks three to four questions that help you dig deeper and to apply what you just read. This book lends itself well for a group study or personal study; you take it slowly, reading a chapter a week.
Excuse me, but I'm going to go twirl.
Rachel
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I could recommend this book to every single woman I know, I would! Great, easy read that is so thought-provoking and heart-searching. Make yourself a cup of tea, find your favorite chair, grab your pink pen, and dive in; you will not be sorry.
Tracy Collier
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this in audio form, read by the author. Having seen her speak several times, it was like having her in the room with me, telling me her story. I loved it!
I highly recommend this read. It's short, sweet, and to the point with practical advice for everyday living.
Diann
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Some really good insights in places. One that probably has to be read through more than once to really digest completely. Wish the ending had been at the beginning. Think it offered some good tips for reading the book that would have helped to digest it better along the way.
Nancy Gelhar
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just the light hearted look at life & writing I needed!!!
Missi Watts
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: life
Love Patsy!! She's honest, encouraging, and funny. This was a refreshing read.
Lori
Jan 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• God Loves Broken People: And Those Who Pretend They're Not
  • God Will Carry You Through
  • Fight Back With Joy: Celebrate More. Regret Less. Stare Down Your Greatest Fears
  • Between Heaven and the Real World: My Story
  • Mr. Lincoln's T-Mails: The Untold Story of How Abraham Lincoln Used the Telegraph to Win the Civil War
  • Hidden Treasures
  • A Prince Among Dogs: and Other Stories of the Dogs We Love
  • Return to Wake Robin: One Cabin in the Heyday of Northwoods Resorts
  • Faithful, Abundant, True - Bible Study Book: Three Lives Going Deeper Still
  • Degrees of Separation (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #12)
  • Radical Survivor: One Woman's Path Through Life, Love, and Uncharted Tragedy
  • From Baghdad to America: Life Lessons from a Dog Named Lava
  • Ending Your Day Right: Devotions for Every Evening of the Year
  • Letters from Yellowstone
  • Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl
  • Church of the Small Things: The Million Little Pieces That Make Up a Life
  • Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)
  • Becoming Myself: Embracing God's Dream of You
Patsy is a bookish woman who loves words and has a penchant for dark chocolate sorbet. Since spelling bees in grade school, childhood Scrabble games, right up to her current addiction with Words with Friends she has been known to spell it out, to say it like it is.

Much to her surprise Patsy has written a stack of books that continues to light her passion for the printed page. And nothing pleases h