Start by marking “The Sibylline Oracle (The Oracles #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sibylline Oracle (The Oracles #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Sibylline Oracle (The Oracles #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  438 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Voted Goodreads Best Release of June 2013!

"A mix of the easy charm and undying love from Twilight but the intelligence, wit, and mystery of The Da Vinci Code."

"I'm hooked!"

"I have a new favorite author!"

"Great read!"

CAN LOVE DEFY TIME? When she's rescued by handsome Alex Morgan, Valeria thinks she's found her happy ending. But Alex knows the terrifying truth...time is runn
Published October 26th 2012 by Firefly Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Sibylline Oracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sibylline Oracle

Sandy
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a lot, and I must say...this book is now in my TOP five! I loved how from the beginning, the author pulls you in, and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very last page. I remember feeling sad as I approached the ending. (like not wanting it to end) Now, I find myself hoping the second book will be released soon! I truly felt as though I was there, I could see the surroundings, feel the passion and suspense with each page I turned. I have recommended this book to everyone I know! ...more
Bill
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waiting for the second and third volumes of the trilogy.
I love immersing myself into a complete world, a'la Game of Thrones. The
The Sibylline Oracle (The Sibylline Trilogy #1)does it for me. I thought it might be a "women's" story, but the way Ms. Colvin writes, it works for anyone.

When can I get the next book? I'm WAITING impatiently......
Jennifer Mansfield

I simply fell in love with every single
Character! This book was so well written, I honestly did not want to put the story down! I learned, I lived and loved throughout the entire book. Now comes the waiting game for the second book! I can't wait!

Zoë
Oct 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shame really, I really wanted to like this book. I found the cover, plot, story and characters to be interesting and it sounded like something that I would enjoy. So I was very much been looking forward when I had the chance. However, I didn't like it one bit. I gave up after four days, I was at page 62.

My problem wasn't with the story or characters, rather it was the author's style of writing. I found it easy going, which isn't a bad thing but I just couldn't find it engaging. But the main prob
David
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you are ready to curl up on the couch with a good book, THIS is the book to curl up with! Be prepared to lose yourself in this beautifully-written novel of love and adventure. Author, Delia Colvin, will capture your imagination as she transports you into the world of her lead characters, Valeria and Alex, whose love knows no bounds. The Sibylline Oracle (The first installment of The Sibylline Trilogy) is truly deserving of 5 STARS! Book #2 is most definitely on my "must have" list. Hurry, D ...more
Rosanne
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delia Colvin has a hit with her new trilogy, "The Sibylline Oracle"! I quickly became engrossed in the lives of Valeria and Alex and their love story. Rich writing with characters that you care about and can't wait to learn more about. I can hardly wait for the next book in this new, great series! I highly recommend the book...read it today!
Laurie Brown
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing and the wording in impeccable! Her descriptive writing is so incredible you can vividly picture the beauty of the people and scenery as you read. Once you start reading you can't put the book down! Can't wait for the next two books!
Emily Kubat
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am going to be honest...reading the summary I didn't think it would be my kind of book, and as a mother of an infant I don't have much extra time to read. I decided to read this book because Delia's daughter is one of my great friends and I am so glad I did. I am excited for the next books. I got hooked and read the whole book in 3 days! It drew me in and that is saying a lot for not fitting the description of my normal type of reading. It was a great read and easy to follow story line even th ...more
Susan
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in 2 DAYS and fell in love with Alex & Valeria! Their story captured me right from the start. The characters that make up their "family" are so wonderful, supportive, and entertaining.

I kept "seeing" the scenes as I read the book, which really makes me hope this gets made into a movie! I'm really looking forward to the next one and am so glad this is a trilogy. Thank-you Delia for a fantastic story..... and PLEASE HURRY with the next one!
Brian
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!! Delia J. Colvin is top shelf!!!
Krissy Wright
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely fell in love with this book. Definitly one I have recommended to all my family and friends. I CAN'T WAIT for the next one!!!!!!
Irene
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a captivating story! I was drawn into the worlds of Alex and Valeria from the beginning. The author kept me intrigued thoughout the book and it was very difficult to put down. I was afraid that since this is book 1 of a trilogy, that the ending would be a cliffhanger - I was pleased with the way book 1 ended as almost a standalone, but with enough unresolved to make you want to know what else happens. The book is full of beautifully described settings, characters that you become invested in ...more
Karen
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delia Colvin's writing style is a perfect fusion of classic authors such as Jane Austen & contemporary authors such as Stephenie Meyer. You KNOW an author is doing something "write" when their work has provoked the ol' reading bug within me! You also KNOW a book is good when you become sleep-deprived & you forget to eat! Can't wait to go through that again when the next installment in the series makes its debut!
iam
Mar 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Okay, call me slutty. But if, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had been waiting 3000 years (yes, that's right - THREE THOUSAND years) to have sex with the person I was in love with, and we only had one night left together for potentially all of eternity, I wouldn't being saying "no" because we weren't married.

This isn't why I only gave the book 1 star, but it didn't help any either.

Bernadette Berrios
I really loved 'The Sibylline Oracle'...I loved Alex and Valerie as a couple, they are so perfect! I picked up the book on a Friday night and by Sunday afternoon I was done...I just couldn't put it down! It's an amazing read and every page left me wanting more. I'm anxious to get my hand on the second book!!!
Al Hatman
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Tight script. Absorbing, unique characters. Well developed plot. Enough of the technical, we have a new star to add to the firmament of romance/fantasy writers. Ms. Colvin takes her place in the first tier and it's well deserved. Buzz has it the second of the series is even better than the first. Can't wait.
y
Tina Bravo
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so exciting!!! I finished the book and I loved it!!!I could not believe Valeria /Cassandra put Alex thru that at the end after all he has been thru! LOL! I can’t wait to read the next book!!!
Jo
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Started reading it and stayed up to the wee hours of the morning on a work day to finish! This is the type of book that just takes you away to another world and let's you leave a bad day behind or enhances a good day! I can't wait for the next in the series.
Jackie
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick and great read. Finished within 3 days. I'm looking forward to the next book!
Zumwalde
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it... I cannot wait for the second.
Marybeth
Sep 08, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excited-to-read
I absolutely can not WAIT to get my hands on this book!! I was foolish enough to read the first few chapters on Goodreads and now I'm dying to know what happens next!!
Patricia
Sep 07, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh, Noooo!!!! Lol... I thought your second book was your first... UGHK! thats what happens when you work too much and have children... you lose sight of what YOU want!!!... I sincerely appreciate your return comment and now I'll be waiting till my kids are set for school so i can run out to get the first in this series!!!! I confess i sampled it on my kindle and i think i have found an addiction... to your books and characters!!!... you are an amazing writer!!!

I'd like to add a little more of
Pauline Angrilli Lagana

This beginning to a stunningly beautiful trilogy has sparked my love for reading again. Delia J. Colvin has catered to a wide audience with her tale of Greek Gods, friendship and family, suspense, action and a sigh worthy love story. The Sibylline Oracle consumed me every minute of the day. I fell in love with the characters that Delia made so real.

This book did not flat line anywhere for me. It was a constant joy to read that flowed from page to page. I found myself trying not to get excited
Tracy Coleman
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Won a copy via First Reads.

What a lovely, charming book. The writing style just grips you and pulls you from page to page until before you know it you've been reading for hours!

I'm not a big romance fan but just as I thought this was going to start getting soppy the author sends the characters off in a different direction so it never gets overly sentimental.

The characters are very likeable and I found myself really caring about what happened to them and hoping for the best.

I look forward to read
Charlene
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlene: I won this book through Goodreads and I was so thrilled with it that I read it through in 5 hours straight; there was absolutely no putting it down! I can hardly wait to read the next two. Ms. Colvin's characters are absolutely some of the best I've had the honor to read in quite some time - descriptive, believable, completely heartwarming. Thank you for introducing me to a new wonderful author.
Hope everyone else enjoys it as much as i did!!!!
Marv
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book so intersesting to read as it was written in such a way that I was able to easily create detailed visual pictures of what was happening. The story followed a logical sequence so I didn't find myself lost in the story time line. My hat off to the author and am waiting for the next one, with not much patience I might add. I am very pleased with this purchase! It definately held my interest from beginning to end.
Cassie Lawson
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books brings you into the story. You fall in love with the main characters and only want the best for them. There are also characters you love to hate as well. The story keeps your interest from beginning to end and I can't wait to see what happens next in this Adventure.
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great beginning to a trilogy! The story had good twists and turns, and characters were easy to love. Can't wait to read the next in line!
Paddy O'callaghan

Here's a cryptic crossword clue as a review:

Q. The author's first twists into this perfect state.

A. Ideal

C.M. Albert
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
To be fair, I am a sucker for everlasting love and the concept of soul mates, so Delia Colvin had me at "no matter what, no matter where, no matter when..." And the first book in her trilogy did not fail to disappoint. The Sibylline Oracle really is part immortals, part Greek mythology, and part Da Vinci Code in its suspense and intrigue -- all centered around the main theme which is the everlasting love story of Alex and Cassandra. Colvin has a relaxed and engaging writing style and particularl ...more
Delia Colvin Fans...: Wanted: Beta Readers for this series! 19 18 Oct 20, 2013 09:50PM
About the Sibyl's of the ancient world 1 22 Aug 15, 2012 08:07AM
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • The Moon Rises (Gigi Monroe, #1)
  • Word and Breath (Wordless Chronicles, #1)
  • Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice, #1)
  • Dark Rapture (Beautiful Creatures, #1)
  • Spirit Binder (The Cascadian Chronicles #1)
  • The Snowmelt River (Three Powers, #1)
  • The Emerald Tablet (Legends of Amun Ra, #1)
  • The Innocent and the Condemned (The Sirens of Rhine, #1)
  • Anomaly (The New Haven Project, #1)
  • Legends of the Dragonrealm: Shade
  • Strange Magic
  • Guardian of Atlantis (The Children of Atlantis, #1)
  • Got a Hold on You
  • VampCon
  • The Devil's Triangle (The Devil's Triangle, #1)
  • The Timekeeper (Aliis Mundi, #1)
  • Scarlette: A Gothic Folktale
"We have a new star to add to the firmament of romance/fantasy writers. Ms. Colvin takes her place in the first tier and it's well deserved." Al Hatman, Author

Delia J. Colvin is the Award winning and International Bestselling author of The Sibylline Trilogy;
The Sibylline Oracle - Voted Goodreads #1 Best Release of June 2012!

The Symbolon - Voted Goodreads #2 Best Release of November 2012!

The Last
More about Delia J. Colvin...

The Oracles (4 books)
  • The Symbolon (The Oracles #2)
  • The Last Oracle (The Oracles #3)
  • The Mists of Time (The Oracles #4)