Start by marking “Broken Trust” as Want to Read:
Broken Trust

Broken Trust (Nora Abbott #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
When a chance meeting on a hiking trail leads to a position at a nonprofit in Boulder, Colorado, Nora feels lucky to have a job . . . even after she finds out that the previous financial director has gone missing.

With her suspicions of foul play confirmed by her Kachina guardian, Nora doesn't know who to trust in an organization that's rife with deceit and corruption. As s
Published March 8th 2014 by Midnight Ink (first published March 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Trust

Rhonda
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
My Review: Broken Trust

3 1/2stars

I believe this is book 2 of Nora Abbott Mysteries. It is the first book of it that I have read. I was surprised at some of the twists and turns the story took. The science of the book is over my head not sure what parts are fiction and what is real. But left me curious to find out more.

Since I had not read the first book I wonder how much I had missed they refer to it a lot though.
Nora sees Hopi Kachinas that no one else sees. She wonders if she is crazy for it.
Stephen Campbell
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Nora Abbot mystery, and it certainly won't be my last. Nora Abbot is interesting and likeable character, and the author surrounds her with a richly developed set of characters in this first rate mystery.

The story takes place in and around Boulder Colorado and combines Hopi Indians, environmental activists, controversial high tech devices, true to life business practices, and an excellent set of characters. You'll have to read the book to get a real sense of the character develo
Deborah Ledford
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Ms. Baker’s first novel TAINTED MOUNTAIN so much that I read her latest release soon after. Book two of a series aren’t always as captivating, but not so for BROKEN TRUST. This compelling mystery with a bit of Hopi spirit takes off with a bullet and rockets forward to the end. I’m now a big Nora Abbott fan and look forward to more of her adventures.
Alan
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again, while being enthralled in the suspense, the reader learns new things about the ecosystem and how greed constantly seeks to contaminate it for profit. Thank heavens for the Nora Abbotts of the world! Another fantastic Nora Abbott thriller!
Jeanette Hubbard
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-books
I've come to love Nora Abbott, and her mother too! This is another humorous mystery with plenty of quirky characters in a satisfying mystery. Nora's new job comes with plenty of drawbacks, not least of which is murder. A great love of wilderness suffuses the story. You will love this book.
Beverly
May 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I can only give this one 3 stars. While I read the whole book, I can't see giving a higher rating to a book by an author who apologizes that some of the content of her book might be offensive to Native Americans. Why write an offensive book?
Amyem
Jun 17, 2014 marked it as will-not-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Kim hansen
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation of the first book.
Ty
Chris Conley
Mar 28, 2014
Susan Williams
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A huge improvement over her debut Tainted Mountain, Broken Trust follows Nora Abbott to the hipster college town of Boulder, Co. Broke and unemployed, Nora is thrilled when a chance meeting leads of an offer to oversee the finances of an environmentally friendly land trust.
Nora's first day begins less than auspiciously with the discovery that her predecessor was murdered and the Trust's Star scientist is potentially looting the company coffers. Add to the mix an unexpected visit from her meddles
Dru
Jul 30, 2017
Jim
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Boring. Didn't care about the characters and plot was predictable. Glad it came from the library.
Sharon
Thelma Fountain
Aug 04, 2016
Grace Koshida
Aug 13, 2016
Shannon Baker is the author of the Nora Abbott mystery series from Midnight Ink. A fast-paced mix of Hopi Indian mysticism, environmental issues, and murder. Shannon is an itinerant writer, which is a nice way of saying she’s confused. She never knows what time zone she’s in, Timbuck-Three, Nebraska, Denver, or Tucson. Nora Abbott has picked up that location schizophrenia and travels from Flagstaf ...more
More about Shannon Baker...

Nora Abbott (3 books)