Start by marking “Why Tongues?” as Want to Read:
Why Tongues?

Why Tongues?

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  363 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The benefits of being filled with the Holy Spirit and speaking with other tongues are discussed in this important minibook.
Published June 1st 1975 by Kenneth Hagin Ministries (first published January 1st 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Why Tongues?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Tongues?

Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me*
so informative and interesting. this book or pamplet, i guess it should be called, gives a lot of information on tongues that i didn't know before. i am so grateful though that we have such an awesome God that He would give us such a beautiful language to talk to Him without the enemy being able to attack us. i love speaking in tongues. :D
Roli
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"When you pray in tongues - it is your spirit praying, by the Holy Spirit within you. The Holy Spirit within you gives the utterance - and you speak it out of your spirt. You do the talking. He gives the utterance. By this method the Holy Spirit helps you pray according to the will of God, as things should be prayed for."
Cynthia Torio
a superb book on tongues. a must read!!!
April R.forbes
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I learned so much about tongues and how valuable praying in tongues is thanks be to God! Really an eye opener🙌🙌🙌
Regina Washington
Revelation and illumination

I thank God for coming into the knowledge to read, hear and understand the powers of speaking in tongues, such a blessing after reading this powerful, life changing book, God bless you.
Sarabeara
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a real reminder of how important praying in tongues is to every Christian.. It reminded me in a brief way what Mahesh Chavdas book is all about... The power of praying in tongues is a real strengthening to our inner man... We have the Holy Spirit who prays through us, how awesome is that to have perfect prayers!
Well worth a read if you want a book that is short, simple and to the point.
Janice Brown
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Simple and to the point.
Alex
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent brief quick to the point read. By an excellent author.
James Woods
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
not bad covers reasons for tongues. Good place to start
Candace
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This received a 5 because it sheds so much clarity on the necessity of speaking in tongues and how we err when we think that tongues are no longer for this day and age!
Wheels
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
quite, a good book.. simple and straight forward with his reasons nd writting. though notthe best book i have read on tongues i would recommend it.
Joan Haughton
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Paul Said thank God I speak in tongues more than you all. Jude said Build up yourself in your most holy faith by praying in the Spirit. Bless the name of Jesus!
Bren Carr
Dec 10, 2016
Kennedy
Jul 20, 2013
  • The Tongue - A Creative Force
  • The Power of Praying?: A 3-In-1 Collection *The Power of a Praying? Wife *The Power of a Praying? Parent *The Power of a Praying? Woman
  • Battlefield of the Mind: Winning The Battle in Your Mind - Study Guide
  • Ever Increasing Faith
  • Dance of the Dandelion
  • Glory: Experiencing the Atmosphere of Heaven
  • The Two Kinds of Righteousness
  • Dreaming With God
  • Jesus Calling Devotional Bible-NKJV
  • Sara's Gift: Comes the Crow
  • The Purity Principle: God's Safeguards for Life's Dangerous Trails (LifeChange Books)
  • What You Say Is What You Get
  • The Gifts of the Spirit: Understanding and Receiving God's Supernatural Power in Your Life
  • Healing the Sick: A Living Classic
  • Daily Declarations for Spiritual Warfare: A Biblically Based Guide to Defeat the Devil and Rout His Demons
  • The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See in the Unseen Realm
  • All Heaven Will Break Loose: When We Make the Priorities of Jesus Our Passion
  • Rooted: The Hidden Places Where God Develops You
Rev. Kenneth Erwin Hagin, known as the “father of the modern faith movement,” served in Christian ministry for nearly 70 years.

In 1968, Rev. Hagin published the first issues of The Word of Faith magazine, which now has a monthly circulation of more than 300,000. The publishing outreach he founded, Faith Library Publications, has circulated worldwide more than 65 million copies of books by Rev. Hag
More about Kenneth E. Hagin...