Start by marking “Small Space Garden Ideas” as Want to Read:
Small Space Garden Ideas

Small Space Garden Ideas

Perfect for people who have little space to garden, whether a doorstep, balcony, or part of a wall. "Small Space Garden Ideas" is full of creative ideas for making use of every growing space available.

From windowsills and hanging baskets to rooftop containers and vertical gardens, "Small Space Garden Ideas" shows you how to create a dream garden, through step-by-step
Published February 17th 2014 by DK (first published January 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Small Space Garden Ideas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Space Garden Ideas

Start your review of Small Space Garden Ideas
Becky Loader
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Good browsing for ideas.
False
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gardening
I didn't realize this, but the book is about projects such as pots, windowboxes, fences, wheelbarrows, etc. Not what I would be working on. There are ideas for air plant cannisters, tin can cannisters, things that hang, frames, concrete planters, and choosing plants. This book would be right for someone looking for these home projects. I was looking for a book about planting on small acreage.
Martha
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That's all it is and what a wonderful selection of projects for all types of skill level. Easy and inexpensive. Best ideas for the small areas and apartment dwellers. A complete book for all ages and interests. Highly recommend for those seeking ideas for the special project you are seeking. Enjoy.
Colleenish
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
All the projects in here are current and beautiful.
Mic
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Great info and great ideas for spaces you want to plant and grow gardens.
Jenny
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I feel like I have extremely high expectations for garden books. For some reason I want them to be mind-blowing and revolutionary. There are cute ideas though.
Ashley H.
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice book with cute ideas and great tips for caring for a variety of plants. Some of the projects are very involved and I probably won't attempt them, but I'm really excited to try working with air and water plants, and also moss!
yiming
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is full of great ideas for small spaces, just as it promises. I especially like a lot of the hanging ideas: saddlebag balcony planters, edible planted wall, hanging ball of succulents, vintage teatime alpine planter, and upside-down lampshade chile planter. I also want to try a lot of the vertical growing ideas like the strawberry picture frame plante, living succulent mirror frame, and vertically mounted mini greenhouse. The portable hanging insect house with green roof is also a ...more
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Small Space Garden Ideas by Philippa Pearson has some great step by step projects project ideas and includes all the information you will need to undertake them. It is very highly recommended.

Let's face it, winter is the time of year when gardeners turn to gardening books and plan projects for the coming growing season. In Small Space Garden Ideas Philippa Pearson will give you some great ideas for projects you might just want to undertake this year, especially if you have limited garden space
Online Eccentric Librarian
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Small Space Garden ideas is a book dedicated to miniature gardens and displays, mostly outdoors. It makes a lot of use of succulents and plans that don't require soil. It is an ideal book for those in apartment buildings with balconies or who like to make beautiful table-top or wall hanging small displays of plants.

The book focuses on using every day items and turning them into planters of terrariums. From tin cans to
Kaitlin
This book is an excellent collection of ideas for gardening in small spaces using materials that might be available on hand (anyone up for some upcycling?). Due to the specific nature of some of the tools and materials, not all of these concepts are going to be budget-friendly, and many require a decent amount of gardening sense - which should be no problem for a practiced gardener, but may be tough for someone just starting. Either way, the book provides tips for placing and caring for each of ...more
Sara
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was reading this as my car was being worked on. Super creative and so many good ideas. Because I picked this up right when spring is around the corner, so now I'm itching to get my gardening tools and seeds out. I wanna play in the dirt!
Rachael
Great for ideas on where to grow plants when space is limited. Good step by step directions. Just don't look for too much about the best way to plant or how to take care of them once they are planted.
2sonreader
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Great ideas. Book is laid out very well. Lots of colour photographs throughout.
Andee Marley
Feb 14, 2015 rated it liked it
must remember this book in a few months, really beautiful ideas...
Marjorie Brewer
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lots of great ideas, fairly simple projects. Clear easy to follow instructions. Great photos. Excellent ideas for gifts or for yourself. Also "green" with ideas to recycle, repurpose. Love this book!
Rachel
DIY concrete planters
Cloay
Apr 29, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: horticulture, nlb-sg
- available in SG NLB 635 (Sengkang)
Candice
Suey
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters
  • Trail of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #5)
  • Heads in Beds: A Reckless Memoir of Hotels, Hustles, and So-Called Hospitality
  • Small Innovative Houses
  • Ashen Sky: The Letters of Pliny The Younger on the Eruption of Vesuvius
  • The Beatles Are Here!: 50 Years after the Band Arrived in America, Writers, Musicians  Other Fans Remember
  • Brother & Sister
  • Tom Scheerer Decorates
  • The Violet Hour: Great Writers at the End
  • The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations on Codependency (Hazelden Meditation Series)
  • Elements of Family Style: Elegant Spaces for Everyday Life
  • The Last Word (The Spellmans, #6)
  • Shameless: A Sexual Reformation
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble (Kopp Sisters, #2)
  • Other Paths to Glory (Dr David Audley & Colonel Jack Butler #5)
  • Full Moon Suppers at Salt Water Farm: Recipes from Land and Sea
  • The Winner Stands Alone
  • It's All about the Dress: What I Learned in Forty Years about Men, Women, Sex, and Fashion

News & Interviews