Start by marking “Little White Rabbit” as Want to Read:
Little White Rabbit

Little White Rabbit

Everything is new and anything is possible for Little White Rabbit!
Board Book, 34 pages
Published January 28th 2014 by Greenwillow Books (first published January 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Little White Rabbit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little White Rabbit

Tasha
Feb 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Little White Rabbit set off filled with imagination. As he hopped through the grass, he wondered what it would be like to be green. When he went by the fir trees, he wondered what being tall was like. When he hopped over the rock, he wondered about how it would feel not to be able to move. When he saw the butterflies, he imagined being able to fly. But when he saw the cat, he got too scared to imagine anymore. He hurried back to his family and didn’t stop wondering and imagining.

Henkes is a mast
Kathryn
Cute story about little bunny's imagination and about the love between parent and child. Not one of Henkes best, IMO, but still very sweet and the colors and illustrations are so evocative of spring. A great spring/Easter read.
Steph Sinclair

This is a really cute book. I found the story to be a little dull, but my kids really enjoyed it. It even managed to hold my 15-month-old's attention till the end of the book.
Jacoba
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes (2011)
Genre: Picture Book
Format: Book
Plot summary: As he hops along a little rabbit wonders what it would be like to be green as grass, tall as fir trees, hard as rocks, and flutter like butterflies
Considerations or precautions for readers advisory (strong language, sex, death, religious overtones, violence, etc.)
Review citation (if available): Weitz, Susan School Library Journal , February 2011, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p81-81
Section source used to find the material:
Margaret Chind
"Little White Rabbit" was first published in 2011 as a picture book and I've had it on my wishlist ever since. 2014 is the first board board edition. This little book is fabulous! Full of curiosity, hopping along, and imagination. The illustrations are so beautiful which does not surprise me as I love Kevin Henkes books. Little White Rabbit, board book, will make a perfect addition to an Easter Basket for any little one. The infomration says ages 4-8, but I say birth-8 with this new board book f ...more
Tatiana
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful artwork adorn this sweet and simple picture book by master writer and artist Kevin Henkes. Children are devoted fans of his work for a reason, and this latest title does not disappoint. You feel as you are floating along a lazy, imaginative day with Little White Rabbit, taking in nature around you, with the freedom to pretend as you wish. Highly recommended for ages four and up.
Anna
The illustrations are very precious and cute. The story (or lack thereof) is absolutely blah. Pick up a Henkes Mouse book instead.
April
Beautiful illustrations, beautiful story. Little white rabbit loves to imagine.
Laurie
Julie
Very pretty book in spring-like pastel colors. Little White Rabbit has quite an imagination, and Henkes does a good job of depicting the situations he envisions - taller than the fir trees, soaring like the butterflies, changing color to green to blend in with frogs and turtles and crickets and caterpillars. Little White Rabbit wonders about all of these things in his travels, but he eventually winds up at home with Mama Rabbit and his siblings, where he doesn't have to wonder who loves him. Ver ...more
Aaron
I love the colors in this book. It is very bright and vibrant, and just makes you happy looking at it. The text is simple, which would be good for very early readers. The full two-page spreads were very pretty, and I enjoyed them a lot. Overall, this is a very good children's book.

I thought the illustrations were fun and lively. This book is a good children's book, and I think it would be a fun book heading into springtime.

Students would probably like this book for its bright colors. I think th
Emily Carlyn
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rabbit is going on an adventure! He's going to do a lot of pretending and imagination, so let's pretend and go with him! First he pretends what it's like to be green, then to be tall, then play the freeze game as Rabbit is a rock, and finally, let's see how it would be to be a butterfly. All ages (toddler - ages 7/8).
Olivia Slykhuis
This book is SO cute. Such sweet illustrations of a bunny imagining what it would be like to be different things, and ultimately returning home, still curious, but safe and loved. Will use for springtime bunny storytime. Great pictures to ask questions about (what else do you see in this picture that's green?). Good for any age.
Carolyn Jeziorski
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The format of this book reminded me of The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown. It has a page of text with the rabbit wondering what it would be like to be something else, then a layout of his thoughts. I liked the simple illustrations, and the students I read it to enjoyed predicting what the bunny would look like on the imaginary page.
Erin
This is so wonderful. Lovely illustrations and a sweet simple story. I read it for an imagination themed Family Storytime and my crowd (that trends young) really enjoyed it.
Emily
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet and imaginative. Great childrens book!
Amy Milstead
Beautiful art and fun to read with my 3 year old. I liked asking him to name all the green things and imagine what it would be like to be a rock. :)
Robin Webb
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute
Alyssa Gudenburr
A great story featuring a rabbit for storytime.
Kathryn
Such a sweet little story.
SaraKat
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very simple picture book with super cute illustrations of a bunny's imagination going crazy. I think the green picture is the best.
Mel Ann
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life is full of wonder and full so full of love.
Mairead
Loveloveloved the art on two pages of what it would be like to not be able to move.
Simone Kern
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book approximately 5,000 times now to my 1yo, and I still think it’s pretty cute
Danette
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
5/22/17 Read with Naomi & Julia.
Carrie
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, soft-art book about imagination and family love.
Mary
Read-Aloud Revival recommendation for April picture books.
L
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Encourage children to use their imagination as they follow along on Rabbit's adventure. What would be like to be the color green? Or to sit still like a rock? Great participation opportunities for storytime!
Drew Graham
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Little White Rabbit wonders what it would be like to be many different things.

Truthfully I don't remember this book very well but it made some kind of impression on me at the time and I always find Kevin Henkes's illustration and storytelling style pretty charming.
  • Where's Walrus?
  • Stars
  • Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow?
  • Tell Me the Day Backwards
  • Blue Chameleon
  • Here Comes the Garbage Barge!
  • Perfect Square
  • A Pet for Petunia
  • Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit: A Book of Changing Seasons
  • Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator!
  • A Dog Is a Dog
  • Dog Loves Books
  • The Princess and the Pig
  • The Bicycle Man
  • Baby Bear Sees Blue
  • Blue Chicken
  • The Loud Book!
  • Blackout
Kevin Henkes became an author/illustrator when he was nineteen years old, working on a card table in his bedroom.
Today he's the author of many award-winning picture books and novels.