Start by marking “All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1)” as Want to Read:
All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1)

All Fall Down

(Embassy Row #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  21,214 ratings  ·  3,011 reviews
A new series of global proportions -- from master of intrigue, NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Ally Carter.

This exciting new series from NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Ally Carter focuses on Grace, who can best be described as a daredevil, an Army brat, and a rebel. She is also the only granddaughter of perhaps the most powerful ambassador in the world, and Grace has
Published January 20th 2015 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about All Fall Down, please sign up.
Stephanie From what I heard from people who read the advanced readers copy, it's better than Heist Society and Gallagher Girls, so I'm not that worried.…moreFrom what I heard from people who read the advanced readers copy, it's better than Heist Society and Gallagher Girls, so I'm not that worried. Everything Ally Carter writes is amazing. (less)

·  21,214 ratings  ·  3,011 reviews

Start your review of All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1)
Lola
All Fall Down may not be Ally Carter’s best work, but it’s still, as always with this author, darn fast-paced, entertaining and original.

The moment I started reading it, I was sucked into the world of ambassadors and soirées and danger.

Grace lost her mom. Correction—her mom was murdered. They all say it was an accident, but Grace knows the truth.

She was there.

And she knows who killed her.

She wants to make him pay, and she will.

I found the
Jess
Diplomacy, ambiguity and a hot Russian love interest. Sorry, Jess will have to get back to you. She’s currently nursing her book hangover.

I know my last review was all about the book of my dreams and whatnot, but All Fall Down was basically an element of reality that I'm quite close to and the best that imagination can offer and it's made me wonder “Why weren’t you creative enough to dream that up, Jess?” Now I don’t want to get ahead of myself here, seeing as it’s only January and all, but that may have bwonder
Rachel Reads Ravenously

All Fall Down is my first Ally Carter book and I must say, it's an enjoyable read. The age level is a little lower than I usually read, I would classify this book as a middle grade for ages 12-16. It is the perfect type of book for transitioning young readers out of the chapter books and into the Young Adult/Teen genre.

Three years after witnessing her mother's death Grace is sent to live with her ambassador grandfather in a country that borders Iran. Grace used to spend
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Being someone who hasn't read anything by Ally Carter before, I went into this book... not expecting all that much. But knowing that Ms. Carter's previous books have all been something along the lines of a mystery thriller-y espionage kinda thing, let me assure you now, this isn't anything like that. Heck, this book is definitely something that I wouldn't think you've picked up beforehand. It's original right to it's roots. All Fall Down combines a world ofroots.All/>3.5
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}
OMG. This was so. Good. Definitely different than anything that Ally Carter has written before, but in a good way. NEXT BOOK PLEASE.

Pre-Read Thoughts:

Could it be? YES! Another Ally Carter is writing another book! Another, WONDERFUL book!

description

Ally Carter is amazing, and it will be perfect since I need something after finishing GG!

But wait. 2015!? HOW CAN I WAIT THAT LONG ?????

Well,
Marga
This review is also posted on DEADLY DARLINGS.

Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Grace saw her mother murdered right before her eyes but no one believes her. They say it was an accident, that her mother was killed in the fire, but she knew the truth. Her mother was shot in the chest by a scarred man. But she was thirteen and they say that’s just trauma that’s talking so nobody believed her.

Anyway, she was back in Adria again after three years and decided to stay for good. In her stay, she di/>Grace
Angela
Jul 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
WANT.
Lainey
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 3.5/5

So I did really really enjoy this book. I wasn't sure what I was expecting going into this, but this was not what I was expecting at all (in a good way!)

I am really interested in YA Political Thrillers right now, so I picked this book up because of that. It is extremely easy to get through and it's fairly short. The reason I knocked off a star and a half is really simple:

Plot/Story > Characters.

I really liked this storyline a
C.G. Drews
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am pleased. I admit! I was dubious at the beginning! The first 100-pages didn't grab me...like, not at all. In fact, I was seriously wondering if this book would plummet into an untouchable basket. BUT THEN IT WOWED ME with a gob-smacking ending and some seriously wicked twists. I have a few quibbles, but overall I'm impressed.

It's not about spies! Or espionage! I guess it's unfair to assume it will be, but Ally Carter has written two series about spies and crime, sooo, I guess it was my first assumption thi/>It's
ambsreads
I have no full review coming for this as I simply skimmed the book. It was interesting for the most part, but I wasn't invested in the characters or the story. I think this was just a bit too childish for me, unfortunately.

Also, just to also, this book does feature slut shaming which I am incredibly against.
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
This my first book by Ally Carter and although I wasn’t sure what to expect, I really liked All Fall Down. Even better, I’m really excited to read the next book! When I first heard about this book, I thought it would be a dystopia. But this is actually a contemporary/mystery. I must be really ignorant because I didn’t know that the Embassy Row is a real place in the United States. I’m not sure if this is exactly how it’s portrayed in the book since the book takes place in Adria and it seems like ...more
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Politics, family, death, memories, lies.

Having read Ally Carter before I was expecting action and intrigue and sass and teenage boys that act more like they're 25 than 15. I was not expecting this.

And I was actually a little bit disappointed.

It was a good read, a quick read, but it was rather slow in pace. It felt like there was quite a bit of unnecessary filler in the pages. Even with this, a few of the characters just fell flat, 2D images hovering in the corner.<
Aly (In Wonderland)
Full review now UP!

2.5-ish.

I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. Once I got used to Grace's personality, I actually started to enjoy it a little bit. However, it doesn't change the fact that the answer to the huge mystery was a little too predictable and therefore took away from the climax of the ending.

Full review to come on 100% Rock!
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Hachette Children's Books and NetGalley.)

“I can apologise in seven different languages. It’s just something you pick up when you’re me.”

This was an interesting YA mystery story, and I really liked the details revealed at the end of the book!

I liked Grace although she did make some questionable decisions at times. I felt really sorry for her in the way she’d lost her mother though, and it must have been really hard for herNetGalley.)
Olivia
I read All Fall Down as a buddy read with Kathy from The Novelty of Life and Cassandra from ccbooks66512. Overall, I found it to be a combination of mildly intriguing and tremendously frustrating, and I seem to be struggling to rate it (I apologize to those of you who have been watching me change the rating back and forth between two and three stars for the past hour).  I’ve finally settled on two stars and am trying to restrain myself from making any further changes.

Grace is an army brat, never settling in one area
Nasty Lady MJ
To see review with gifs click here.

Alfred Hitchock was considered to be the master of suspense. While his movies normally don’t contain an obscene amount of gore (unless it’s that awful shower scene in Psycho) they have had a lasting impression on film and how crime was portrayed in film and TV.

The man even made a movie about psychotic birds scary. Unfortunately, Ally Carter is no Alfred Hitchcock.

Not that I’d expect her to be a master of suspense (or even intrigue li
Eri
If Ally Carter ever wrote a book I didn't fall in love with, my world would come crashing down. Or the sky would fall, something along those lines.

My day today went along something like this:

3:30PM: I arrive home, only to find out that my Amazon package hasn't arrived yet.

4:20PM: The delivery guy finally gets here.

When I finished:

My day today went along something like this:

4:20PM: The delivery guy finally gets here.

When I finished:

I'm backlogged on reviews so I'll get to this one soon, but not now.
Katherine
”’I don’t mean to get into trouble. Trouble just sort of finds me.’”

Synopsis:Donald Trump’s long-lost sixteen-year-old makes it her mission in life to start WWIII when she moves to Embassy Row, making daddy dearest very proud.

Unnecessary Fictional Country: At first glance, I thought this book was set in Washington D.C.. However, I was mistaken. While Grace Blakely is American and the granddaughter of an American ambassador, this book is set in the very much fictional country of Adria somewhere in the Mediterranean.
Sophia
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it
(almost rounded the gr rating up to 4)

the ending has left me so conflicted!
the book is super engaging throughout.
i liked that grace had agency, but i disliked that each time she broke down, alexei picked up the pieces.
i liked that noah (and lilah) was of color, but i disliked that in this book set on embassy row, where there is so much opportunity to include diverse characters, only one of the five main kids (grace, alexei, noah, rosie, megan) was a POC.
i liked alexei's
Booknut
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That...that twist!
 photo Crying.gif
Umut Reviews
I think the concept and idea of this book is quite unique and fun. I chose it as a fun, fluffy, quick summer read. But, I was expecting it to be more eventful and energetic, when it got so boring sometimes. Unnecessary teenage dialogues just tired me.
Maybe it's not for me.
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
I love me some unreliable narrators. And plot twists. Cuz lemme tell you, I didn't see it coming.
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Review originally posted at Mostly YA Lit

Want to win an ARC of ALL FALL DOWN? Check out the link above!

I was super, crazy excited for All Fall Down. And not just because I named one of the characters.

So I know you’ll understand when I say that I only liked, and didn't LOVE this book - but that I'm still breathlessly waiting for book two.

Here's the thing: when I first dove into the world of Embassy Row and All Fall Down, I was completely totally flummoxed. The writing and Grace, the main character, seemed off-balance and abrupt. I wasnLit
Want
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
4 Stars.
I knew I'd enjoy All Fall Down, but I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. I adored it. It follows the story of Grace, who is still grieving her mother's death three years prior and vows it wasn't the accident those around her claim it to be. Grace has spent the last three years trying to hunt her mother's killer, until she discovers him at Embassy Row and working for the Russia
Kyla Harris
Pace - 7/10 - fast
Ending - 10/10
74/100 = C
3/5 stars

All of Ally Carter's other books I completely ADORE. I'm obessed with them so when I decided to dive into this one I was expecting nothing else but to enjoy a new world built by her. I was disappointed.

This book's first half was really awful. Grace was crazy and she had rollar coaster of emotions she was a lactic and keep on maki
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
ACTUAL RATING: 3.5 stars

Heist Society is by far my most favorite series by Ally Carter. It is fast paced, hilarious and light. And right now, I am currently in my fourth book of Gallagher Girls series. Its fun, but I’m not in love with it yet.

One thing I noticed from Carter is, as she published a new book from another, the successor is always far superior than her preceding work. That's why I'm so excited for All Fall Down. Most of my friends have nothing, but praise for this book.
Kirsty-Marie Jones
4.5. Almost perfect.
Colette
Jul 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this book so fast because it was one I literally could not put down! However, while it kept me intrigued, there were some flaws in my opinion. First, I had trouble connecting with Grace, she never stabilized enough for me to understand her. Also, by the end of the book it didn't feel like much was accomplished, it was a lot of going around in circles. Overall 3/5 stars; I will be reading the next book in the series.
Stuti (Turmeric isn't your friend. It will fly your ship
As close to a three as it can get without actually being a three.

#1 Ambassadors are kind of like superheroes/heroines, eh?
#2 I don't know anything about being/living with an ambassador.

#3 Review Time!

Basically, All Fall Down is entertainment fodder with ambitions to develop into something less satisfying further on in the story. It's short, fast-paced with fun characters, sneaking and jumping and flipping authorities. Set in Embassy Row. In the fictional cit
Dayla
Review also appeared on my blog: Book Addict 24-7

I received a copy via my work in exchange for an honest review

I don't know what is going on with me lately. Every book I pick up, I grow tired of by the last couple dozen pages or so. I was hoping that All Fall Down by Ally Carter would be that one book that got me off my lazy reading butt, but alas, I still found myself dragging my feet near the end. Perhaps it's my inability to focus on something for longer than ten minutes, or maybe it's the fact that Carter's24-7
I

• The Fixer (The Fixer #1)
  • Sealed with a Lie (Two Lies and a Spy, #2)
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
  • Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Perfect Cover (The Squad, #1)
  • All In (The Naturals, #3)
  • Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)
  • The Ends of the World (The Conspiracy of Us, #3)
  • Dark Divide (Dark #2)
  • Spies and Prejudice
  • The Girl I Used to Be
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.

Embassy Row (3 books)
  • See How They Run (Embassy Row, #2)
  • Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Embassy Row, #3)
“Keep your chin up. Eventually, you will meet someone who cares about your opinion. I'm so sorry I'm not her.” 53 likes
“Ok," he says. "First lesson."

Noah broadens his stance, taking his place firmly on the embassy side of the threshold. "in the United States," he says. Then, with both feet, he leaps on to the sidewalk. "Out of the United States." Quickly, he jumps back toward me. "In the United States." Another jump across the threshold. "Out of the United States. In. Out. In --"

"Is this the part where I hit you?”
51 likes