Start by marking “Loving Cara (Love Under the Big Sky, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loving Cara (Love Under the Big Sky, #1)

Loving Cara

(Love Under the Big Sky #1)

In this new Love Under the Big Sky series from a USA Today bestselling author, Cara agrees to tutor her former classmate's nephew—and learns some lessons in love!

Josh King is an expert at running his family’s multi-million dollar ranch in Montana. (And all that outside manual labor has done wonders for sculpting his six-foot-three body, too.) But as sure footed as he is wh
Published January 21st 2014 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Loving Cara, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jem
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Christy
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Cowboy stars!!!

photo 00724f31-92fe-450e-990c-3bbab94ab77d_zpsaf7a0cf8.jpg

Love Under the Big Sky... I have been waiting for the first book in this series to come out since I heard Kristen Proby had a new series. I love her With Me in Seattle series. The first book wasn’t my favorite, but after reading book two, I was sold on her writing. I enjoyed this read, and I have a feeling it’s going to be like the Seattle series and get better and better with each book.

Cara Donovan is a teacher in small town Montana. She knows everyone who lives there and the
~ Becs ~
 photo lovingcaracasting_zpsa43b33ed.jpg

“What I feel for you is so big, Cara. No more doubts.” He tips my chin up to look me in the eye. “You’re with me because there’s nowhere else I want you to be. Got it?”

I think I’ve probably read just about everything that Kristen Proby has ever published. She’s one of my go-to authors for contemporary erotic romance with the perfect combination of sexy alpha heroes, sassy and strong heroines, fantastic romance and, of course, shit-hot melt-your-ereader bedroom scenes! I’ve loved everyone of her
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
LOVING CARA is the first book in Ms. Proby's new series: Love Under the Big Sky.

Josh is a local boy who has a house on his families ranch. His twin brother, Zach, is away serving in the military. When Zach's son, Seth, is dumped off at the family ranch, so his mother can go live her life, Josh steps up in taking his nephew under his wing.

Cara is hired to tutor Seth for the summer to catch him up with his school work. She's known the twins since high school and has had a secret crush on Josh.

Ms.
Catarina
5 Enormous Stars!

This story take us to a small town in Montana where gossip, sweet teas and ranch owners are the plate of the day.
Here we have Caroline (Cara), a school teacher that decides to take a tutoring job during the summer. The kid she is tutoring is Seth, a trouble 12 years old boy whose mother left him in his grandparent’s ranch and his father is current in Afghanistan with the army, so he’s being taking care off by his uncle until his father comes back.
Taking care of the ranch and
♥Rachel♥
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
3.5 stars.

Loving Cara was a sweet small town romance with plenty of spice. Oh, how I’d love to live on a beautiful Montana Ranch. Well, as long as it came with a hot rancher like Josh!

Cara went to school with Josh and Zack King who are identical twins. Josh was the type to tease and pull her hair while passing in the hallways, but nothing ever became of it other than Cara having palpitations every time she saw him. Cara thought Josh never looked at her twice, with her being the chubby, frizzy
Michelle
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Cowboy take me away stars!

Cara is going to spend the summer tutoring, Seth. The nephew of a former classmate who she used to have a crush on. But everyone had a crush on Josh King in high school, he was that boy.

Josh runs his family’s ranch, it’s the life he’s always wanted. His twin brother is in Afghanistan and his dead-beat sister-in-law drops his nephew at his doorstep, Josh knows the kid is good, he’s just had a rough start. Hiring a tutor to get him up to speed for the school year wasn
Auntee
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic contemporaries
What a lovely little (erotic) contemporary romance!

No angst, no baggage, no bad behavior (other than the sexual kind), no real asshat moments...just two mature individuals having a beautiful little romance.

The setting is a small resort town in Montana. Carolina (Cara) Donovan's a teacher with a summer tutoring job. She's to teach the troubled 12-year-old nephew (Seth) of one of the town's leading citizens, wealthy rancher Josh King.

Cara's had a mild crush on Josh since high school, but always th
Jen
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars and a Solid Start to a New Series

Kristen Proby's books have become reliable reads for me in that I know I'm going to get a half way decent story, realistic and believable interactions between all of the main characters and a fair amount of steam. Loving Cara was absolutely no exception.

Cara and Josh grew up in the same small Montana town but never really ran in the same social circles. Josh's two years older than Cara and to hear the women around him talk, a god among men. Cara's outgr
Deserie williams
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh I Wrote A Long Review For this and lost it:/
So short version

4.25 stars.I enjoyed this! I love Josh and Cara (especially Josh)!Sweet sexy story! Only complaint is how everyone has to reassure Cara how beautiful she is. We get it already. lol . Epilogue was sweet but I want more! I'm interested in reading about others.

Safety : pretty safe read
Not much is mentioned about their sexual pasts. We just know they have one and no one compares. Tiny bit other woman drama. It's a girl Josh took out
Nicla

I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It is a really good sweet yet hot low angst romance. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series especially Ty's story.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation(view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: High
TeriLyn
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
It pains me to write this. I'd like to preface this by saying that I adore Kristen Proby's With Me in Seattle Series. It's one of my favorites, I instantly order and read the new stories as they release. I enjoy it so much that when I heard about this series I was seriously excited. Unfortunately, Loving Cara didn't do it for me. I don't know if I was having a bad day or what but something about it just didn't click.

Loving Cara is on the shorter side and the whole thing felt rushed. The relation
Erika
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: up-next, favourites
4.5 steamy cowboy stars

I love Kristen probys books, you know what your going to get some steamy Hot, Alpha men....
 photo 95273190-CC73-4030-A50D-C9A91406A26E_zpsj2zrdbso.jpg

Some sexy ladies...
 photo B9FE25A0-E939-4AAD-BC79-FF94817EB658_zpsjteghesk.jpg

Family...
 photo 0D722558-0914-471A-8576-C6439CA34E61_zpsuwkspxm9.jpg

And

Friendship...
 photo 1B520D10-A14D-4AC3-8144-3498D3C00A04_zps570ngc57.jpg

I'm not going to go into the story as such but this is a delightful read that can be read on a Saturday afternoon, blanket, coffee, kindle!! I loved it, it's got nothing edgy or nothing heartbreaking or much to it but an easy enjoyable romance that consumed me from page one!!
 photo 8D45004F-9180-470E-A428-EC4D368CBCBB_zpsznm06kln.jpg

photo 40733FC9-D5EC-4C0F-80AF-0A678EEE7667_zpsb09tlsa2.jpg

Enjoy

Barbara➰
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, cowboy
**4.5 Stars

Sweet, mostly low-angst read. I loved how Josh decided he wanted Cara and made it happen right away. Though, I don't buy into the whole thing that he knew her since high school but suddenly he's attracted to her. What changed? Anyway, other than two minor blips (see safety gang notes) it was a good read. One of these blips could have easily been straightened out before it went too far with COMMUNICATION people!! One of my pet-peeves...It all ends well and there's a sweet epilogue.

Safe
Emma ~ The Indecisive Reader ~
Absolutely loved this!!! Such a sweet hot read!!! This is first time I've read Kristen Proby.
Perfect mix for me. Loved the story and the characters. It was sweet, it was sexy, it was hot. It was heart warming. It was funny.
Josh was alpha male and possessive but had his sweet side. Cara I loved her sassy attitude and that she just took him head on. I liked that they come together at first to help Seth, and fell for each other. Watching Seth open up and come out if his shell was awesome.
The sunr
Fiza
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
It all started when Zack’s (Josh’s brother) soon to be ex-wife left their son (Seth) with his family and made her not so grand exit. Damn cold woman, I would have gladly traded places with Josh at that moment and smacked some sense and compassion into her.

Josh and his parents soon find out that there is a lot of anger and hurt resident in Seth and despite their best efforts he keeps lashing out at everyone. As he listens to no one he starts failing school, to help Seth get back on track with his
Michelle
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Why did I not read these books earlier *slap around the head*

Kristen Proby as done it again I m in luv with cowboys now God it's changes every book ;) this book was really good the story is great once there is a lil kid in it 2 pull at my heartstrings it's a winner

Seth is the gorgeous nephew of even more gorgeous Josh an my my is he hot sexy body wicked smile he is just pantie meltin get back 2 the review Seth is goin through a hard time Zack is his dad joshs twin bro ye there's 2 of them G
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart

HMMMMM, yep so damn true!

Well, I will say that I LOVE Kristen Proby so I knew this was gonna be highly enjoyable! yes, it was quite predictable, but honestly, I really did not care! Every once in a while you just need a good heartfelt romance with a forever kinda feel to it!

I will start with saying when I think COWBOY want a charming, flirtatious gentleman who is down to earth, family oriented and hard working. I want him to be a proud man and to take complete ownership in what IS his, yes...eve
♡Tonya♡
**Audio reread**
I originally gave this a five star and I will leave it at that because the story itself was really good. However, if I would have read it now, it would only have been 4 stars because of the lack of epilogue.

Before I start this, I want it to be known that IMO $6.99 for an ebook is not OK. I buy too many books for the price to be that high. It does hinder in my choice to one click. That being said, I took the plunge with this story based on some recommendations and I did enjoy th
Bookloverme
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw this book, the series isn't complete yet so I waited for the last book. Then I read it from the first book and what I can say is that I absolutely love this series. Like what I like in my books, the series doesn't have heavy drama. Just light and very relaxing. A feel-good series for me. I have her other series in my to-read list too and I'll definitely read them all. Just waiting for a long free time where I can just read the whole series without interruption. And I'm also wait ...more
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

LOVING CARA was a pretty sweet & adorable & sexy & moving Cowboy Romance!
Nothing new - nothing mega-surprising or dramatic.
Just a sweet & quick Romance read.
BUT - we love those once in a while ☺
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
This was my FIRST Kristen Proby book. I was expecting something extremely sexy and steamy.I think I'd described this book as sweet and cute. I liked it. I would recommend it if you are looking for something quick, angst-less and sweet!

Damn there's that word again...LOL. Sweet...BUT really this book was very sweet. 3 stars.

FULL REVIEW TO COME!
Michelle Valentine
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I freakin' love this book. It's sexy!

Full review to come closer to release!
Erin
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
4 super sweet stars!

This is my first book by Proby since I finished the “With Me” series a few (couple?) years ago. While I loved the beginning of the “With Me” series, I found the last few to be repetitive which disappointed me and made me pause when she came out with this series. Now I believe she’s on her fourth (?) series and I’m just getting around to the second. Honestly, I’m still a little unsure about my compatibility of Proby as an author and me as a reader. While this is a good book,
Vickie***
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
2 pages into the book, and I'm already wondering who the next couple will be. HA.

Mzz. Kristen successfully wrote another great story. I love the characters in this book. I'm glad that Kristen still stuck with her style of writing. By that I meant, her books don't have a lot of angst, not a lot of drama. and for that I am in love with her "with me in Seattle" series' and now her "Love Under the Big Sky" series'.

Cara is not as quiet as the blurb says she is. She's not extremely loud, but she's a
Aug 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
LOOK at this book! I mean, LOOOOOOK at it! And it sounds amazing! And it's Kristen Proby! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

image

Julia's Book Haven
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars*
Emily
When Josh King thinks of all the duties he has running his ranch, raising his twelve year old nephew was not one of them. When he is abruptly dropped off at the ranch, Josh knew something was different about the surly young man. A couple weeks into summer, his patience to break through the attitude is running out, hiring a tutor to help him get back on track seems like the next logical step. When he realizes it is the always sweet Cara Donovan he feels a mixture of feelings. They grew up togethe ...more
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Liked it!
====================
I liked more the second time I read the book and added one more star.
A very good story to read and with lovely heroes.
It gave me a good feeling when I finished reading.

I wonder if the rumors of his womanizing are true. They were in high school.

Following directly behind Josh is a tall, blond woman I don’t recognize, laughing at something he must have said just before he sauntered through the door.

He pulls his large hand down her arm and murmurs, “Have a good
Lisa
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: january-2014
I'm a huge Kristen Proby fan and was looking forward to this new series. This book says it was a passionate reunion. Who doesn't love that type of storyline. Unfortunately it fell a bit short. Josh and Cara's relationship never felt like an actual reunion. I must say All of the characters are very likable and engaging. The story is very sweet and cute. I just couldn't get hooked on the story and at times found myself skimming waiting for something to happen. I actually found myself more interes ...more
Lorelei James & O...: Loving Cara~March 2014 63 25 Mar 24, 2014 05:14PM

• Branded (The Cavanaugh Brothers, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Conflagration (The Wellingtons, #2)
  • Destry (Rough and Hard, #1)
  • Worn Me Down (Playing with Fire, #3)
  • Uncaged (Corps Security, #3.5)
  • Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)
  • Beat of the Heart (Runaway Train, #2)
  • Jacked (Trent Brothers, #1)
  • All the Pretty Poses (Pretty, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Rebel (Six Pack Ranch #5; Rocky Mountain House #5)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Immortal Distraction (The Immortals, #2)
  • Destined to Succeed (Destined, #2)
  • Breaking Brandon (Fate, #2)
  • Ethan (Alluring Indulgence, #5)
Kristen was born and raised in a small resort town in her beloved Montana. In her mid-twenties, she decided to stretch her wings and move to the Pacific Northwest, where she made her home for more than a dozen years.

During that time, Kristen wrote many romance novels and joined organizations such as RWA and other small writing groups. She spent countless hours in workshops, and more mornings than

Love Under the Big Sky (3 books)
  • Seducing Lauren (Love Under the Big Sky, #2)
  • Falling for Jillian (Love Under the Big Sky, #3)
I offer him a small smile and nod. “Got it.”
“Good.” He lifts me and carries me toward the bedroom. “But just in case, I think I’ll work on reminding you some more.”
9 likes
“I plan to spend a lot of time making you see you how I see you because the view is unbelievable.” 3 likes