Start by marking “Definitely, Maybe in Love (Definitely Maybe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Definitely, Maybe in Love (Definitely Maybe, #1)

Definitely, Maybe in Love (Definitely Maybe #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  1,827 Ratings  ·  305 Reviews
A new adult novel from Entangled's Embrace imprint...

Her theory of attraction is about to get a new angle...

Spring Honeycutt wants two things: to ace her sustainable living thesis and to save the environment. Both seem hopelessly unobtainable until her college professor suggests that with a new angle, her paper could be published. Spring swears she’ll do whatever it takes
Published October 28th 2013 by Entangled: Embrace

To ask other readers questions about Definitely, Maybe in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Definitely, Maybe in Love

♥Rachel♥
Oct 11, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you have a special love for Pride & Prejudice? Well, I do! After hearing Definitely, Maybe in Love was a modern day re-telling of this beloved story I was completely excited. Re-tellings can be tricky and often disappointing, but no worries, this stayed true to the story with way more kissing! Yes!

Spring Honeycutt is an environmentalist to the extreme, and a junior in college working on her thesis in Environmental Science. Her teacher tells her something is missing from her project: a cl
Glass
Oct 09, 2013 Glass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review from Way Too Hot Books

I am big fan of Pride and Prejudice - my first introduction with it happened when I was around 10 years old, I watched that TV show with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. It was love at first sight. I read the book much later. When I saw that Definitely, Maybe in Love was modern retelling of story about my favorite brooding man - I just had to read it. So far I didn't have much luck with P&P retellings, but Ophelia London had me hooked from the first page.

Spring & H
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝

This book was so sweet and adorable. If you are in a mood of a university pick it up and enjoy Spring and Henry!

Spring sounds so much like me as we are both living a research life. <3
Exactly what I would say to my mates too "I've got a research project I'm trying to wrap my brain around"

Spring is so into sustainable studies, she even went vegetarian!!

photo d220788c13fb5212e5a8dee9105cd4fe.jpg

One day, Henry comes in the form of new neighbour and without realising she might need his help. At the same time, she is trying to stay aw
Heather
Ok, I have a secret to tell you, please don't judge me too harshly. I never read Pride & Prejudice, nor have I ever watched the movie versions....I know! I am a freak of nature and not fit to be considered an avid reader. Having said that, I feel a little guilty reviewing this modern take on the classic Jane Austin novel. I am going to give it a shot though.

Spring is a young woman who is struggling to find her place in the world. She is a cynic and a little rough around the edges. She is wor
Ginger
Jul 30, 2013 Ginger rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of Definitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London and I loved reading it! There is something about the way London writes that I just adore. I love her witty, sarcastic voice. Definitely, Maybe in Love is a modern retelling of Pride & Prejudice and it was absolutely adorable. And even though you know how it’s going to end, I just Couldn’t. Put. This. Book. Down. I read it in one sitting, ignoring my children and all else around me. And let me tell you, you will not be disa ...more
Kathryn
Sep 26, 2013 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
This is one FRACKIN AMAZING book...
OMG... 5 stars doesn't even begin to rate this book...
I am going to gather my thoughts before I review...
MAN... *sighs* just pure awesomeness..

FULL REVIEW:
I have to start by saying that I started this book and in two hours had of it read…I was immediately sucked in and the only reason I stopped was because I HAD TO GO TO BED….

Usually I wouldn’t go to sleep when a book is this AWESOME…but I do have a job that entails me being awake and attentive…LOL!!!
Anyway,
Shannon
Aug 14, 2013 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Great Pride and Prejudice inspired story. I think I am in love with Henry. I found myself not being able to put it down and loved watching as Springer and Henry fell in love. Now where is my Pride and Prejudice DVD (BBC Version of course).
Sheryl
Oct 29, 2013 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL re-telling of my FAVORITE Jane Austen novel; Pride and Prejudice... (of course, the TV - BBC version with Colin Firth was the ULTIMATE in wet-panty inducement, if i do say so myself!!! LOL!!).
Angie
Oct 28, 2013 Angie rated it did not like it
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

That was painful to read. Or maybe it's just because I already had a headache, but either way, I struggled to get through Definitely, Maybe in Love. I was beyond excited when Entangled launched their New Adult imprint, so I dove straight into this one. I was even more excited because the main character is an Environmental Science student. I honestly didn't care that it was also a Pride & Prejudice retelling, since all that means is that we know exactly how
A_Ryan
5 TOTALLY BLEW ME AWAY STARS!!!!

I really wasn't expecting this little gem to be so enjoyable... I just wanted to see how a modern re-telling of Pride and Prejudice would go.

AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!

I'm so glad I gave this a go. Ophelia London has done a great job of re-creating the magic of Pride and Prejudice and writing a totally entertaining, fun love story.
Marguerite
Jan 05, 2017 Marguerite rated it really liked it
« That means, » he said, « if you're an environmentalist, then I'm your worst nightmare. But it also means that if you want to learn about the economics of land development, then I'm the man of your dreams. »

Oh you definitely are. Even if you have a shitty name. Henry Knightly (the third). Yuck.

Definitely, maybe in love is a Pride & Prejudice retelling, and I read it because Rachelle did and liked it.
I did too.

The truth is that I never read any Pride & Prejudice retelling. NEVER. Sure,
Stacee
I absolutely loved this. Not many "modernizations" of P+P pull it off, but this one was damn near perfection. I loved the way things got moved around, it kept me guessing.

Love love loved Henry. He's cocky and adorable and so so delicious. Spring was a bit irritating. She had the snark and wit that Elizabeth did, but I got tired of the feminist/environmentalist role pretty quickly. It's one thing to be passionate about something, but she was borderline obsessed.

However, the differences between
Bel Watson
Feb 14, 2014 Bel Watson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, 2015
This book made me stay until 5 in the morning reading. I hadn't done this in like... years! Oh my gods! I just... such an easy and lovely read, fast and funny. Witty! I loved this version of a modern Darcy. So different yet similar! It was... I just... I fell in love.
Angie Elle
Nov 06, 2013 Angie Elle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
***This book was provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.***

I love the cover of this book. It’s so romantic!

This was such a sweet read. The love story between Henry and Spring was a story I could actually see happening. Things weren’t lightning quick for them. Their connection wasn’t super intense from the get-go; there was a slow build to their relationship and their feelings for each other.

I’ve never read Pride and Prejudice (gasp,) so I can’t compare the story to that. What I c
Vani
Feb 13, 2017 Vani rated it liked it
Este libro es muy lindo para pasar el rato y disfrutar de un buen romance. Me sirvió para salir del estancamiento que tengo por los parciales, y si bien a veces quise pegarle a los protagonistas por su total falta de comunicación jaja no puedo negar que la historia me gustó mucho y que lo leí en horas.
Isamlq
Dec 08, 2013 Isamlq rated it it was ok
this one was hit and miss:

miss: there is one too many things going on ay once

hit: but at least miss london is not afraid of making her leads read more real given how often they screw up (and not in the aw shucks look at what i just did way either.)

miss: stereotypes galore!

hit: they're all trying to see beyond the labels they've each bestowed the other.

miss: drama, drama, drama. if it's not rich boy-poor girl, it's crossed lines and missed opportunities.

hit: it takes place over a longer span... s
April Reads
Nov 05, 2013 April Reads rated it it was amazing
This book took me by surprise. A modern retelling of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. I haven't read the classic book but I've read a quite few retelling. But this one is my absolute favorite! I was immediately hooked! It was hard to put down. Though I know what might happen next, it doesnt lessen my excitement and enjoyment. I love Spring and I love Henry. They are an adorable pair and I loved every second they're together--talking, debating, arguing on almost everything. They are so cute t ...more
Buonaraya
Oct 15, 2014 Buonaraya rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
I went into this blind, not knowing that the story was based on Pride & Prejudice (I didn't read the blurb, so sue me), but, ahem, I
caught on pretty quickly. Fine, my lightbulb, feeling well-read, million dollar moment happened thanks to...a YouTube podcast that I recently watched titled The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. I was disappointed at first that the plot wouldn't be original, but this Henry and Spring version might just be my favorite yet!
Nefise
Nov 18, 2014 Nefise rated it really liked it
Shelves: maybe, contemporary
It was sweet and clean romance, based on Pride and Prejudice by Jane Usten that set in present day.

Even though you know how it’s going to end, I just couldn't put it down. What I liked most about the book was that I feel the emotions in it. Tension with the hero and heroine, their passion about their belief, loyalty towards their friends and family and the chemistry between them.

If you love Pride and Prejudice, I think you'll love, at least like this book too.
Heather
Mar 30, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
I don't usually read the New Adult genre because of the steam factor. This book blurb intrigued me because it's another re-hash of Pride & Prejudice. And I'm always up for a rehash. What a pleasant surprise. Great story. Excellent writing. And it was actually a clean read with plenty of great romantic tension. Will be checking out other books by Ophelia London.

Jen
Nov 06, 2013 Jen marked it as to-read
A modern day Pride and Prejudice? Yes, please! I never get tired of the P&P redux.
Cassie Mae
amazing chemistry! and an adorable ending to top it off :)
Anncleire
Mar 16, 2015 Anncleire rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, earc, na, retelling
Real vote: 4.5

Ringrazio immensamente Entangled: Embrace per avermi regalato la splendida opportunità di leggere questo libro in cambio della mia onesta opinione.

Recensione anche sul mio blog:

“Definitely, maybe in love” è il primo volume della serie Definitely Maybe di Ophelia London e giace da tempo immemore nella mia cartella dei libri da leggere. Lo avevo richiesto millenni fa alla Entangled: Embrace e solo ora mi sono decisa a leggerlo. Se non AMATE al
Gabbie (Rampant Readers)
Favorite Quote(s):

“My hands were sweaty-cold again as my fists clenched in my pockets. ‘I think you are like Sir Percy,’ I said.
He looked up. ‘In what way?’
“How about by wearing a mask half of the time?’ I suggested. ‘Playing a deliberate and studied part?’ I could hear my voice becoming accusatory, remembering the past…how he’d disappeared from my life without a word, and exactly how much that hurt me. ‘Never, ever showing your true character until the final chapter.’
‘I’m not playing any part,’
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Four and a half stars, a beautiful new adult novel that grips your heart.

I absolutely loved and enjoyed Definitely, Maybe in Love. I did not realize when I picked up the book and read it that it's a retelling of Pride and Prejudice. Shamefully I admit that I have never read the book, but it's on my kindle now, so like with most of the books on there I hope I will eventually get to it.

Spring is a girl in college who is taking Environmental Studies. When her professor suggests for her to take a di
Rachelle
Dec 30, 2016 Rachelle rated it really liked it

Happy 2017! And is there a better way to start out the year than by reviewing a P&P retelling? (Probably, but eh, I'm too tired to think of something else)

Definitely, Maybe in Love is by far one of my favorite Pride and Prejudice retellings. The main plot follows very closely to P&P, yet the story is it's own. Our "Elizabeth", Spring Honeycutt, is an environmental science major at Stanford, and is a self-proclaimed environmentalist. Henry Knightly (Mr. Darcy), is a law student w
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
I’m on a NA kick so when I got an opportunity to read a new New Adult novel….

I love PaP, okay? I read the novel a couple of times, but I’m hooked on the BBC mini series with Colin Firth and I even enjoy watching the movie from 2005. MacFadyen as Darcy? *grabby hands*

This novel, as written in the synopsis, is a variation of PaP. The characters hold different familial and social circumstances, but the general storyline is quite the same. For this reason I wasn’t the least bit surprised at the v
Michelle
Oct 20, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Ophelia London, and I have to say I am a little bit in love with her writing style. It is just so engaging and conversational- in a good way. Definitely, Maybe in Love is such a great love story. I really enjoyed the way the story is spread out. It spans over a full year, and the book is split up into the seasons. So it feels very natural and realistic, no falling in love over the weekend.

Spring is all about sustainability. She thinks she is living her advice, she doesn
Allie
Aug 29, 2014 Allie rated it it was amazing
Ever since I discovered Austenland and the whole wide world of Austen retellings and spinoffs, I've been obsessed with any I can get my hands on.  There's been some duds,  but  Definitely, Maybe in Love is NOT one of those. In fact, it's one of the best I've discovered so far.  Definitely, Maybe in Love is one that I will be picking up again for several re-reads, and I'll be picking up more of Ophelia London's novels as fast as she can produce them.

Spring is a lovable heroine, that is still fla
Alessandra
Oct 01, 2013 Alessandra rated it it was amazing
E-galley received from the publisher for review

Definitely, Maybe In Love is a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice. Spring Honeycutt is a junior at Stanford, studying Environmental Studies. She's very passionate about it. For her independent study thesis, her advisor suggests that she might want to find the help of an Economics student to strenghten her thesis.

Enter Henry Knightly, a new student at Standford who is attending law school and is Spring's new next-door neighbour, together with h
  • Pride's Prejudice
  • The Journey
  • Echoes of Pemberley
  • Winning the Boss's Heart
  • Where We Fell
  • Switched
  • How Forever Feels (Friends First, #4)
  • Olivia Twisted (Olivia Twisted, #1)
  • Meant for Her
  • Learn to Fly
  • Cinderella Screwed Me Over
  • I See London (International School, #1)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Pirates and Prejudice
  • Frenched: The Wedding Night (Frenched #3.5)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Sneaking Candy
  • Beautiful Broken (University of Branton, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Ophelia London was born and raised among the redwood trees in beautiful northern California. Once she was fully educated, she decided to settle in Florida, but her car broke down in Texas and she’s lived in Dallas ever since. A cupcake and treadmill aficionado (obviously those things are connected), she spends her time watching arthouse movies and impossibly trashy TV, ...more
More about Ophelia London...

Definitely Maybe (2 books)
  • Someday Maybe (Definitely Maybe, #2)

“And just like that, I’ve become a
romantic. I blame Bruno Mars.”
12 likes
“My mother read it when she was a teenager," Henry said, picking a piece of lint off his lap. "To Kill a Mockingbird. The day she accepted my father's proposal, she gave him a copy and told him that Atticus Finch is the kind of father she wants her husband to be.” 8 likes