Start by marking “Shiva Trilogy (Shiva Trilogy #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Shiva Trilogy (Shiva Trilogy #1-3)

Shiva Trilogy

(Shiva Trilogy #1-3)

About the Book :

Immortals of Meluha :

1900 BC. In what modern Indians mistakenly call the Indus Valley Civilisation. The inhabitants of that period called it the land of Meluha – a near perfect empire created many centuries earlier by Lord Ram, one of the greatest monarchs that ever lived.

This once proud empire and its Suryavanshi rulers face severe perils as its primary ri
Published 2013 by Westland

To ask other readers questions about Shiva Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shiva Trilogy

Nandhini Narayanan
Warning: Contains spoilers for the series as a whole.

I do not read books by Indian authors as a rule, no thank you. I belong to that small minority of book lovers who believe that authors like Chetan Bhagat and Ravinder Singh have done more harm to reading in India than good. Hence, it was not surprising to any of my friends when I responded with derision and cynicism when they recommended Amish Tripathi's SHIVA trilogy over and over. One of them finally thrust a copy of the Immortals of Meluha
Ashish Iyer
One of the best series i have read.
Har Har Mahadev!
Shivani Mohan
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never never read mythology before other than the stories we read as kids.....but Shiva Trilogy has given a completely different perspective of mythology ...it something u start believing (n that too with logic)...It was thrilling romantic and full of surprises ....not to tell but i cried wen sati dies ...i know that it was to happen but cudnt stop myself....it is in a way very endearing ...just loved.....
Sachin
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really liked the creative writing.This book and its writing style made me picture most of the scenes throughout the book.Now i like Shiva(as a man of flesh and blood) rather than the deity.
Har Har Mahadev
Nikhila
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Depicting the gods of hindu mythology as human beings while maintaining the original characteristics for which they are worshipped for is the speciality of this series. I believe that if the story narrated was assumed to be true, instead of the actual mythology, it would still not lessen the respect that these deities engender. The story itself was innovative and gripping until the very end. Lots of respect for this masterpiece.
Arti Mishra
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very Nice..I fell in love with Indian culture and mythology all over again.
Its just that at some places in the book, too much emphasis has been laid on detailed description of places,rivers,structures etc,hence a little boring at times. Other than that, its great.
Harikrishnan
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was awesome to go through the world Amish created. I completed the 2 volumes in a stretch.
Neha Bhartia
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
An illustrative depiction of mythological culture, beliefs and wisdom in another world and how these traits helps survival of mankind. A remarkable read!
harsh chanchal
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i think it is just brilliant
Vinayak
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This work of Amish Tripathi is pure excellence. To make mythology adventurous and that too in a truly compelling way is no cinch! Let me share my interpretation of these books with you.
It is the story of a Tibetan barbarian named Shiva who crosses his homeland of Tibet and embarks on a journey of India; little does he know that he is going to become a living God leaving behind a legacy for the future generations to follow. He meets the love of his life, Sati on this journey and the conversation
Akhila
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I resisted reading the Shiva Trilogy for a very long time. What people call mythology, I would like to term it as Itihasa-Purana, history that happened in ancient India in the beginning of time itself. Shiva is often referred to as Adiyogi. As a child, I was drawn to Shiva in school which stayed with me so far. He has been my favorite God, and I remember how I used to fast for him through school and college. As I grew up, I developed a deep sense of reverence for his entire family. I believed Sh ...more
prathmesh
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book, depicting gods in the character of humans to show the struggles they go through and become the person we imagine they might be was a wonderful experience to read.
Chetan Kudari
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great books. Must read. Hoping that these will come on screen similar to that of Bahubali movie series or Serial
Vartika Goyal
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you have interest in mythology, this book is perfect for you and if you don’t like mythology, storyline is enough for keeping you engaged. I am not a very big fan of Indian writers but Amish Tripathi has attempted something very different which makes me appreciate him even more.

This is a fictional story that portrays Lord Shiva in a normal human being form. King Daksha represent him as a Lord Neelkanth to his people in order to fulfil his personal gain but it turns out differently. As story p
Ayush
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I believe Amish Tripathi, with this book has stepped into an uncharted territory. All the traits of the the mythological figure Lord Shiva have been well preserved minus the unlimited powers. This trilogy portrays a very strong message of how one's deeds determine how one is going to be know as, how it can ascend one to godhood. It also portrays how a man's virtues play an important role in life. The author's sense of perception of good and evil is something you will not see coming.
The books are
Ram
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I sacrificed sleep to finish the three books this week. Started as a casual read after recommendation from a friend whose choice I respect. Boy was he right! Couldn't put it down. The author's 'informed imagination' (as I put in my amazon review a few minutes ago) engaged me as an Indian who experiences significant conflict trying to reconcile scientific reason and the Hindu way of life that I grew up in. Kudos to the author who has woven a story that isn't dissimilar to a broad narrative I allo ...more
Mysticpalak
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What has intrigued me the most about this book is the depiction of a powerful deity, Lord Shiva, in the most human way possible. It offers a whole new perspective to the Hindu mythology and how indeed the greatness of such a being eventually led him to be worshipped through time immemorial. Har Har Mahadev!
Mallika Rathore
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read_2017, indian
Despite all the amazing reviews this series had, I was very skeptical about reading it because of my disappointment with other Indian authors; but I am glad I finally read it. It provided a different perspective to the one of the greatest tales in Indian mythology, which is very refreshing! It does not really deviate from the stories we all grew up with, but still is unique in it's own way.
Uma Manickam
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A nice mythological fiction. Filled with lots of science and basic essence of life !! It keeps you engaged !!
One strong (I feel so) quote from the book: " There's nothing universal. Good and bad are two sides of the same coin, it all depends on the perspective you choose to see"
Nikita
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favourite series till date. Absolutely loved it for refreshing view of the stories we have heard since childhood. All the characters are so human and totally believable and the events leading them to become what they become is a treat to visualize by ourselves.
Gopikrishna
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Work
Mahadevan
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
exciting books
Parveen Deswal
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome book to read in free time.
Shuvam Dam
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting take on Indian mythology with a deliberate modern twist but in certain parts has the feel of a overtly simplistic teenage love story.
Nisha Puranik
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Universe bows to Lord Shiva.
I bow to Lord Shiva.

This is how Amish Tripathi starts the epic journey of The Shiva Trilogy and every book in the series. The first book is The Immortals of Meluha followed by The Secret of Nagas and the final one, The Oath of Vayuputras. All the three are worth reading.

I always love to read alternate theories about a single well known story. It makes you think if a story can be written even in this way. When a popular story is told and retold for generations, i
Chaitanya Halgekar
Aug 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Exceptional idea. Poor execution.

Somehow I kept reading it. Sidelining the inaccuracies, ignoring the mediocre language and not getting worried about the absence of any connection with the reader. I read the three books to know what the hype is about and to know who is Amish's 'Shiva'.
The author states that his original concept was to write about evil which he considers as 'A good thing that has been overused'. But then he decided to write a story that incorporates this theory of evil.
He choos
Mohit Gupta
Aug 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
When you write a book, you get the power to frame the opinion of the masses. The books show a very poor depiction of Hindu god: Shiva. The writer started the story from a perspective that what If Hindus idolise a person made of flesh and blood. But he failed to give an ascetic color, the tone of sacrifice, An exceptional stand for Dharma-to the human form of Shiva. He portrayed him just like an ordinary mortal who goes beyond the limit to avenge the loss of his loved one. He fails to narrate him ...more
அன்பு.வி வீரபத்திரன்
I really loved the 3 books [4.5/5 stars from me. This balanced view on the idea of ‘good vs evil’ gives the book a unique appeal.Author has created a story around one of the most revered gods in Hindu mythology - Lord Shiva, who is portrayed as a simple human being.
The Immortals of Meluha- 4/5The story is set out in the land of Meluha and starts with the arrival of Shiva, the Neelkanth.the Somras, the drink that makes one immortal.
The Secret of the Nagas-4.5/5It begins from its predecessor, Siv
Sruthi Gangaraju
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marvellous work by Amish Tripathi!
The way he described how a common man raises to be a god is truly awesome. Though the book,being a fiction, is different from the common belief system in India, the plot is convincing. The second book of the trilogy,The Secret of Nagas, is so far the best book I ever read. Being a person who likes thrillers a lot, this book surely satisfied by hunger for thrill. The character that inspired me the most is that of Parvateeshwar. Though he knew he had to go against
Sha
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am not a big fan of his literary style, but i am an admirer of his storytelling. who reads a book keeping an "Advance Lerner's grammar" in his other hand?????? there is Shiva...there is...the Naga.....the Suriyavanshi.....the Chandravanshi.....and as if they were not enough, there also is the Vayuputras....and a Legacy......what else do you need from a book???? i just loved and i like it forever to come.......... ...........
K10th : The Last Avatar - Indian Book Project 1 2 Oct 17, 2016 09:26AM
Religious or not ? 2 6 May 16, 2016 01:47PM
pashupatastra 1 2 Jan 07, 2016 10:36PM
which one is the best among the shiva trilogy ? 3 11 Aug 28, 2015 08:11AM
  • Govinda (The Aryavarta Chronicles, #1)
  • The Egyptian Royals Collection: Three Historical Novels
  • The Sword of Cortés (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #4)
  • The Mahabharata (Mahabharata, #1)
  • The Krishna Key
  • Son of Bhrigu (The Pataala Prophecy)
  • Asura: Tale Of The Vanquished
  • The Acclaimed Shopaholic Novels Boxed Set
  • Kane and Abel / The Prodigal Daughter / Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less
  • Dan Brown Boxed Set: Digital Fortress / Deception Point / Angels and Demons / The Da Vinci Code
  • In the Name of God
  • Siege of Mithila (Ramayana #2)
  • Sita's Sister
  • 7 Secrets Of Vishnu
Amish is an IIM (Kolkata)educated, boring banker turned happy author. The success of his debut book, The Immortals of Meluha (Book 1 of the Shiva Trilogy), encouraged him to give up a fourteen-year-old career in financial services to focus on writing. He is passionate about history, mythology and philosophy, finding beauty and meaning in all world religions.

Amish has most recently written the Shi

Shiva Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy, #1)
  • The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2)
  • The Oath of the Vayuputras (Shiva Trilogy, #3)
“History is always written by winners.” 3 likes