Start by marking “Best Gay Romance 2014” as Want to Read:
Best Gay Romance 2014

Best Gay Romance 2014

Tales of love and lust in contemporary gay culture, Best Gay Romance 2014 is a Valentine to readers and a wonderful reminder of how love can begin — at the grocery store, the gym, the library, or even on the world wide web. Real romances with relatable characters, each of the stories in this collection represents a facet of the oh-so-human heart.
Published February 18th 2014 by Cleis Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Best Gay Romance 2014, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Gay Romance 2014

Start your review of Best Gay Romance 2014
'Nathan Burgoine
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt, anthologies
One of the best things about anthologies for me will always be finding authors - whether they're "new" or "new-to-me" - and this year's Best Gay Romance collection has introduced me to some fantastic writers.

The charm of the "new-to-me" authors was strong. Eric Gober's "Strange Propositions" had me grinning, wincing, and left me charged and ready to race out and make noise - much like the characters facing Prop-8 in this piece set back when that abysmal turn of events occurred. "True in My Fashi
Gavin Atlas
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought-new
I tend to shy from universal absolutes like “every fan of gay romance will love this anthology,” but hold on while I ponder that.…Still thinking…Right. I’ve got nothing. Ergo, yes, I think every gay romance fan will want to add this to his or her TBR list.

I discovered new favorite authors and found new facets to authors whose work I've enjoyed before. One complaint often lodged against romance anthologies is how each piece resembles the last. Not here, and that nice bonus is accentuated by skil
Kim
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
As with most short story collections, there are hits and there are misses, but I largely enjoyed this collection. Some of the stories that stood out were "Save the Last Dance for Me," "Dandelions," "Quality Time," "Carver Comes Home," "Thanksgiving," and "Sight." Many of the stories above provided an intimate look into mature gay male relationships. ...more
BookChic Club
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
First off, just to get it out of the way, I do have a story in this and no, I will not be reviewing it myself nor does it color my perception of this anthology. The summary also makes it sound much steamier than it actually is; it's a YA story about two high school boys who meet at an outdoor party and get to know each other. There may be some undressing and getting into water, but it's hardly skinny-dipping.

Alright, now on to the other stories. I'm going to do the same thing that I did with th
Antony Simpson
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From AntonySimpson.com:

Best Gay Romance 2014 is a superb collection of fictional short stories about love and romance. Characters in this book are all in different places: some are single, some have just met a special man and some are in a relationship.

Each of the 15 stories is exceptionally well written, gripping and heart warming. Best Gay Romance 2014 has contributions from some of the best gay Writers out there. One or two of the stories did lack depth, but only because they were too short.
Diane
This is a collection of short stories about men who love men.

Everything from new attractions to those who have endured the test of time.

I especially liked those by: Eric Gober, Jordan Taylor, James Booth, Shawn Anniston, Rob Byrnes, Georgina Li, Tony Calvert, Alex Jeffers, N.S. Beranek and David Puterbaugh.

You can never have too much romance and these men can give all of ideas of how to treat those we care about.
Karen
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, love-romance, m-m

I usually find anthologies hard to rate because there's often a wide range in quality of the stories. This one was easy, though. All the stories are at least good, and a few are absolutely brilliant.
J
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
Some nice little pieces and a few with historical settings or outlandish characters I skimmed. Well edited. As a kid I liked French Vanilla ice cream the best. Vanilla, but better - kinda like that.
Thom Watson
A few reasonably moving stories, only one really awful pretentiously badly written one, but in the end nothing particularly remarkable here.
Tracy's Place
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.25 out of 5
Michael
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are some gems in here, with a few that lag a bit. Enjoyable.
Mo Hunter
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt-literature
A very good collection of Romances for a gay audience. The different writing styles of the various orders make it an interesting experience and keep you on your toes.
Wanye72
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This collection of stories was a refreshing read for me after having just gone through a breakup.
John Ferreira
I liked this collection better than the other collections I've read. None of the story did I dislike. Some were better than others. What I liked about this collection was that it was more about romance, and less about the sex. I can find those kinds of stories elsewhere. ...more
Marcus Johnson