Start by marking “Seduced By Fire (Submissive #4)” as Want to Read:
Seduced By Fire (Submissive #4)

Seduced By Fire

(Submissive #4)

Tara Sue Me became a worldwide phenomenon with the Submissive Trilogy. Now she presents a scorching tale about a risky passion too hot to ignore.

Julie Masterson craves a taste of danger.

Despite being familiar with the different games people play in the bedroom, she’s never given in to her curiosity about putting her body in someone else’s power—until a chance meeting wit
Published March 4th 2014 by NAL (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Seduced By Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduced By Fire

I've read several books in this genre. And come to a couple of conclusions. First, many authors who write about dominant men, men who treat women in a sexual way that society still finds somewhat offensive, try and overcompensate for the male behavior that might be labeled "bad" by making the man a cross between Lancelot, St. Francis, Jeeves the Butler, and a college English professor. They may dominate in the bedroom but everything else about them screams chivalrous, well mannered, saintly, une
Rae
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been lucky enough to have been given a copy of this 1st book of Partners in Play series.
As one who lives this lifestyle, it is wonderful to find an author who does their research and writes about it in the correct and way. I love that Tara Sue Me writes how real life gets in the way. This is definitely a series you will want to read. I have also been lucky enough to read book 2 of this series.

Wonderfully done again, Tara Sue Me!
Mitch Castro
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: rant-and-rave

Eh. BDSM can be really that much when it’s, well, too much. Skimmed most of the sex part (which, by the way, is unusual for me) coz’ spanking isn’t really my thing. Add bullwhipping and I’m done.

Guess I can finally say BDSM is a closed book for me. I’ll still read the next book(s) in this series just to compensate my OC for finishing series I follow.
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 to 4 Seducing Stars

Seduce by Fire was a pleasurable light BDSM read.

Julie is vanilla, but always felt like something was lacking in her sex life. Julie owns a flower shop and one day Daniel comes into Julie’s flower shop and order flowers. They exchange some flirtatious banter, which leads to a date and some vanilla sex. Daniel is a Dominate and is okay with vanilla sex, but he craves more. He’s willing to work with Julie in her becoming his submissive and Julie is apprehensive, but interest
Fiza
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut, romance
 “Sir,” I want you to call me “sir.”

Julie is working at the flower shop when she first lays eyes on Daniel, who comes to buy his grandmother some flowers. It is here that it becomes apparent that Daniel doesn’t need to buy flowers to get into anyone’s panties, women just drop them for him. My mind took a walk with me here, picturing all kinds of funny situations.

While fooling around a bit, suddenly her friend and co-worker Sasha ,who sees the interest in Julie’s eyes, mentions that Julie isn’t
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book started out on the usual BDSM path that I have come to not be a fan of and I was about to throw in the towel, but then, I didn't. I'm so glad that I finished this to completion, because I really would've missed out on a fantastic story.

GR members are no strangers to BDSM, or the "millionaire tycoon meets nice girl who he falls deeply in love with instantly so much that he has to spank her" books. This book, however, really touched on the emotional side of what true submission and Domin
cosmogirl7481
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, bdsm, fiction-fare
I was excited to read Tara Sue Me’s new book Seduced By Fire, and was so happy when I received an ARC for review. I can’t lie and say that a lot of it didn’t feel familiar to me in the beginning. Young, somewhat innocent young woman meets a wealthy man with a sexual secret, aka: he’s a Dominant in the local BDSM scene. And she’s harbored secret submissive feelings for quite a while. This was definitely reminiscent of The Submissive, which I read when it was Twific.

Julie is a florist – a modest
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
Se pudesse daria 3,5 ....

Quando começo um livro em que o tema principal é BDSM, fico sempre com a pulga atrás da orelha. Receio do que vou encontrar escrito nas páginas que vou virando. No entanto, neste livro Tara Sue Me aborda o tema de uma forma muito subtil e leve, explicando, ou tentando explicar as regras principais entre um Dominador e uma Submissa. A ideia que muita gente tem (na vida real) é que ter um tipo de relação assim deve ser vergonhoso, assustador e doloroso e até cruel. A quest
Noel
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked Daniel & Julies story, but I didn't love it. I think I am so invested in Nathaniel & Abby' journey that other couples just don't live up to my expectations. I am looking forward to Cole n Sasha's story!
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Master Covington and the infamous red bracelet. (Somewhere along the lines, I skipped this one in the series. Doing a re-read). After never really knowing their story it was great to see what made Julie and Daniel tick. Love his grandmother and them.
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
5 kinky stars

I liked this book so much. It is a BDSM love story so different from other I have read. It has Tara Sue’s style. It is full of love, steamy moments inside and outside of the playroom and it has the touch of friendship that makes the story more interesting.

I fell in love with Daniel while reading this book, he is one helluva dominant. This book has something I like so much, it is written in third person but focus on their POV, it goes from Julie’s to Daniel’s, and that helps understa
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

This was a really quick and really fun read. I can honestly say that I could not put it down. It had a very addictive quality to it. One where from the moment I began, I just needed to know where the story was going and where the characters would end up. The characters are likable and they have great chemistry.

Julie and Daniel are great together and the connection is instantaneous. I really liked them together and I liked their relationship. Julie
Debra Anastasia
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is so beautiful. I love how thoughtful TSM's words are, like how they appear on the page matters to her. It looks like art.

David is so, so hot and Julie is super likable.
This reads so quickly and it's very sexy without seeming smutty (one of the reasons I've always loved TSM's writing.) The chapters go down like popcorn. Fast!! David is wonderful and soothing and very appealing. I love Julia.

It is a totally successful novel. I love the love conveyed. Not one single boring moment. I l
Wren [t(he)y]
Review to come
YaYa
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
❤Beautiful D/s story❤

This is a beautiful story of Dominance, submission and friendships. Julie Masterson owns a floral shop with her best friend Sasha, Petal Pushers. According to Sasha men only bought flowers for 2 reasons: to get in your pants, or to get back in your pants. Sasha has a lot to learn. I will say this now because you learn this early in the story, she's a submissive. She doesn't hide it from Julie and even invites her to her meetings. Julie
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Printed ARC for Honest Review from NAL Trade

This story is about the exploration of the world of BDSM and coming to terms with your true self.

Julie is a quiet woman who wants more out of her life. One day in her florist shop Daniel comes in a changes her world.

After meeting the florist Julie, Daniel can't get her out of his head. He's unsure about her true nature but there is something about Julie that he is ready to throw caution to the wind.

Julie and Daniel start out vanilla dating then Julie q
Ashley
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a story about BDSM but touches on issues that people may actually go through, this is the book for you. Tara creates a beautiful, realistic book with characters that are easy to relate to. I cannot stress enough how well the author writes about BDSM and the BDSM community without the need for over exaggeration etc.

Julie and her friend Sasha work in a flower shop. Sasha is in an active relationship with a Dominant, which is the type of the lifestyle that Julie thinks and dr
Flchickie
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the moment you meet Daniel, he's instantly likable. He's good natured, fair, and confident in his sexuality (as a Dom). Julie is strong, successful, and not a push-over. She's genuinely curious to explore her submissive side, and she's fortunate her first Dom can be a guy like Daniel. (If only all new submissives could be so lucky). There's some strong chemistry between these two and it's enjoyable to see their relationship grow both in and out of the playroom. It's a delicious read with th ...more
Lucinda Claire
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I continue to be completely taken with this series. The author's writing style is has an easy flow. Her character development makes me feel that the characters are real, with real life situations and experiences.

I look forward to following these characters through each new addition to the series.
Robin
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book it was fast and fun. I liked the characters it was a little predictable but something in the way the characters I reacted appealed to me. I see she is writing more it will interesting to see which couple she will focus on next.
Amanda
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you were like me I was wondering if the submissive series was a one hit wonder from the author?????..... Well let me assure you if you like the submissive you'll like this series too!!!!! In fact I love it! And can't wait for more!!!!
Courtney
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
I was hestiant to pick this book up because I was so invested into Abby and Nathaniel that I had no interest in meeting new chatacters. Well joke is on me. Shoot! I might even like Daniel and Julie more. I really hope sometime in this serious the two couples meet. That would be cool. Sasha's accident was terrible, and I hope she can manage to get though it and come out stronger in the end. I plan on starting the next book soon.
Doris
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Star worthy for this reader. I've read this authors Submissive Triology and while I enjoyed it, I also started to find it repetitive. I do like this author and her style however I might just need a break from this subject matter. This is no reflection on the story per say..., it is just me and this was just ok.
Nickole Wells
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I see all these 5 star reviews I'm in the middle of the book and I'm getting bored! I feel like I'm reading a manual on how to be a sub. I really hope it gets better.... Finished it! I'm sorry still don't understand the 5 star reviews. It was just uneventful!
Julie  aka trouble..
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I really enjoyed Julie and Daniels story,but was slightly disappointed with Julie's wishy,washy behavior because of what happened to her friend and the fact that she didn't trust her self or her Dom.the fact that she went back I liked.overall it was a good book now I want more about Dena and Jeff.
Susanna Moss
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I must admit, I wasn't going to read this installment in the series but I'm glad I did. Much more interesting, exciting and intense than its predecessors.
Maria
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
3,5 to 4 stars I cant really decide It was sooo good specially from the middle and after and the ending aw the ending ;) Review Soon!
Juanita
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good read
L0VE
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She's done it again! Loved it
Samantha Tomko
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
hum scary.

• Dangerously Bound (Dangerous, #1)
  • His to Command (His to Command, #1-6)
  • Because We Belong (Because You Are Mine, #3)
  • Break Me Down (Loving on the Edge, #8.5)
  • The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)
  • Claudine
  • Tie Me Down
  • A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules
  • The Last Good Night (The Last Good Knight, #5)
  • He Watches Me (The Seen Trilogy, #1)
  • The Accidental Mistress (Accidental, #2)
  • The Naughty Corner
  • The Switch
  • Captivated

NEW YORK TIMES/USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Even though she graduated with a degree in science, Tara knew she’d never be happy doing anything other than writing. Specifically, writing love stories.

She started with a racy BDSM story and found she was not quite prepared for the unforeseen impact it would have. Nonetheless, she continued and The Submissive Series novels would go on to be both New York

Submissive (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Submissive (Submissive, #1)
  • The Dominant (Submissive, #2)
  • The Training (Submissive, #3)
  • The Enticement (Submissive, #5)
  • The Collar (Submissive, #6)
  • The Exhibitionist (Submissive, #7)
  • The Master (Submissive, #8)
  • Claiming (Submissive, #8.5)
  • The Exposure (Submissive, #9)
  • The Flirtation (Submission #10)
“For me, there’s something liberating in knowing you can drop all your worries, cares, and inhibitions and just feel for a while. Trust someone else to take care of everything. To take care of you.” 0 likes