Start by marking “Wicked Games (Mageverse #0.25)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Games (Mageverse #0.25)

Wicked Games

(Mageverse 0.25)

A prequel novella to the bestselling Mageverse series that gave a sexy twist to the Arthurian legend headlines this collection. This volume also features a special selection of stories, previously published as ebooks, but completely revised and expanded for this anthology.
Published April 1st 2014 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Games

Debbie Lester
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
There is a lot going on in Angela Knight's new Wicked Games anthology. Readers are treated to a prequel from Knight's highly acclaimed Mageverse series, two short stories from Knight's early career and a look into Knight's next anthology featuring Morgana's story, "Oath of Service". Fans of the Mageverse will revel in finally getting Knight's take on the beginning of Arthur and Gwen's story. How they became immortals and even the tale behind Lancelot's betrayal. This is Arthur like you've never ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is how it all started for the Mageverse. I loved this series from Ms. Knight. When she first published, it was a very new concept and definitely kinkier than any other around. Learning how it all started in The Once and Future Lover, it helps explain the conflict between Arthur, Lancelot and Gwen. I know the original legends. Seeing how Ms. Knight re-interprets it and makes it her own is worth it. This book can be read in any order with the series. Even though it is a prequel, I kind of lik ...more
Make
May 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
I didn't really care for any of the 3 stories in this anthology

see my review here:
TinaMarie
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are 3 short stories in this book: The Once & Future Lover; Bondage, Beauty and the Beast; & A Question of Pleasure.
I enjoyed reading about how Arthur & Guinevere became immortal in The Once and Future Lover. I first learned about the MageVerse in another short story, Vampire’s Ball. That story interested me in the MageVerse and the story of how it all came about. I looked up the author, Angela Knight, and learned I could go back to the beginning if I read this book.

Bondage, B
Book Reading Gals
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Title: Wicked Games

Series: Mageverse Prequel

Author: Angela Knight

Genre: Paranormal, Erotic

Thoughts: I've been in love with the Mageverse world since I read the very first book in this series about Lancelot and Morgana's grandda
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-romance
Whew! I need a fan after that one! Readers will definitely need a tall glass of water to help cool off after reading Knight’s newest Mageverse book (or a tall, dark, and handsome someone to help take the edge off!)

Taking the reader back to the beginning, Knight introduces us to many of the well-known Mageverse characters and how they became what they are now, focusing on the leading pair- Guinevere and Arthur Pendragon. I have read quite a few books in this series and this fits in nicely, but wa
Linda
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone over 18 that love Paranormal romance.
Shelves: july-2014, ebooks
First, let me say I have been a Angela Knight fan since day one (her first story). Let me tell you she does NOT disappoint with the main story in this book "The Once and Future Lover" which is a per-story to her "Mageverse" series. All I can is "OH MY GOD!", this story is so good that after I finished it that I started rounding up my other books from the series to start rereading them again..

Now, to the other two stories in this book. They are earlier stories "Bondage, Beauty and the Beast" &
Anna's Herding Cats
So. Wicked Games was...an interesting anthology featuring 3 novellas/short stories from Angela Knight. She's a fairly new to me author--I've read her in a couple anthologies--but this was not really what I was expecting.

I enjoyed it to an extent. Knight easily had me wrapped up and intrigued by some pretty unique storylines. I loved the premises between each of the stories. My issue came in--and this is why I'd very, very cautiously recommend this one to only a select few--was that each of the s
Eva Millien
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book contains three erotic fantasies by Angela Knight that provides three different adventure of BDSM erotic passion for the reader to sink their teeth into. Spine tingling tension builds throughout all three stories as the erotic sex scenes progress and the reader waits to find out where it will lead. The author spins her own version of King Arthur and the Beast that leaves the reader aroused with curiosity as well as passion. . I love the Mageverse series and its captivating characters an ...more
Missy Jane
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I LOVE Angela Knight, so it was no surprise that I loved this book. She had warned me it was extremely HOT and she was right. But the many sex scenes didn't take away from the stories. I will admit I wasn't too impressed with one of the novellas, Bondage, Beauty and the Beast. I didn't like the forced sex in that one, especially sex being used as severe punishment. But other than that I liked the premise of the novella. And I absolutely LOVED her main story in the mageverse.
Overall, only read th
Cynthia
This was a very good book. It contained a novel and two short stories. The novel explains the beginnings of the characters in her Mageverse series. I enjoyed it but the pace was a little slow with all the explanations. I would actually rate this part 4.5 stars. Bondage, Beauty and the Beast, the first short, I would rate a 4 and A Question of Pleasure a 3.5. Both shorts were earlier work but still worth reading.

Warning: Believe the author's note. This is a much hotter writing than usual. If tha
Kathy
Mar 21, 2015 rated it liked it
MaryAnn
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Beenee Reads
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The only word that works for this latest book by Angela Knight is SCORCHING!!
This was one of the hottest books I have ever read and I've read quite a few!
Helen
Oct 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Sampled each story...terminolgy didnt fit "historical" settings and made stories feel forced and false....too much sex too soon with no build up of characters or relationships.
Claire
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it
The story lines were pretty good but the sex was predictable and became annoying.
Ladyacct
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Came with a warning, however less sex more story please.
Leslie Patterson
Dec 28, 2015
Paula
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Admiral and the Wildcat (Sargosian Chronicles, #4)
  • Nightshift
  • Rescued? by the Wolf (Riverford Shifters Book 3)
  • Jinx and Her Werewolf
  • A Mutt in Disguise
  • Predator's Refuge (Gemini Island Shifters, #3)
  • Untamed
  • Taming Her Beast
  • Hex And Kisses (Hex and Sex, #3)
  • The Wolf She Married
  • Gatekeeper (Phantom Lovers #1)
  • Firecracker (Last Call, #6)
  • Winter Wishes
  • A Wolf's Fate (The Holiday Ball #2)
  • Wolf's Run (Wolf's Trilogy, #1)
  • Vampire Vintage
  • Instinctive (Eternal Pleasure, #1)
  • Tangled Tinsel
Angela Knight is an American author of mostly erotic fantasy. She was a reporter for ten years and a comic book author. She lives in South Carolina. First published under Red Sage, she was able to write romantic fiction for the first time in 1996. She published several short stories in their Secrets anthologies. Editor Cindy Hwang brought her to Berkley Publishing and has helped her become a best ...more

Mageverse (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Master of the Night (Mageverse #1)
  • Master of the Moon (Mageverse #2)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • Master of Swords (Mageverse #4)
  • Master of Dragons (Mageverse #5)
  • Master of Fire (Mageverse #6)
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse #7)
  • Master of Shadows (Mageverse, #8)
  • Master of Darkness (Mageverse, #9)
  • Galahad (Mageverse #1.5)