Start by marking “KJV Study Bible, Turquoise Mother’s Edition LeatherTouch” as Want to Read:
KJV Study Bible, Turquoise Mother’s Edition LeatherTouch

KJV Study Bible, Turquoise Mother’s Edition LeatherTouch

Holman Bible Publishers is excited to present a Mother’s Edition of the Holman KJV Study Bible. This Bible is modeled after its own 2011 ECPA Christian Book Award-winning HCSB Study Bible, where every well-conceived study help is practically placed on the same page spread as the related biblical text. It also features 15,000 study notes, 141 photos, 62 timelines, 59 maps, ...more
Leather Bound, 2304 pages
Published March 1st 2014 by Holman Bible Publishers (first published July 1st 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about KJV Study Bible, Turquoise Mother’s Edition LeatherTouch

N. Griffin-lloyd
Feb 01, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to N. Griffin-lloyd by: My mom
Total rubbish. It reads as though it were written by either someone with multiple personalities or by a committee. So many inconsistencies, not just spanning the volume, but I could find different versions of the same story just pages apart. While it's billed as a historical document, there are so many things in here that just don't have any evidence and are physically impossible. It's also marketed as a moral guide, but there are so many messed up things in here (genocide, anyone?) you'd be MUC ...more
Hillary
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently making my way through the Bible for the first time in my life. Having always been a believer, I thought this is be a book that would only apply to those who are believers. However, as I have been emerging myself deeper into it's contents, I realized this is a book for anyone. Proverbs is a book that caters to those who are interested in philosophy. The Psalms are for those who take interest in music or poetry. The Psalms contains some of the most beautiful poetry I have every read ...more
Gloria
Jan 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Top seller in the world....always timely and relevant. Any version is fine but I love the beauty of the King's James Version or New King James version in old English. I love the NIV or New American Standard versions just as well. Want to know God or why Jesus is the Savior, read the Bible, especially Matthew, Mark, Luke and John to get to know who Jesus is when He had his 3 year ministry in Israel 2000 years ago. Just to let you know, He is still alive. He rose on the third day and is ever-prese ...more
Kook's
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Well, I've learned alot, and continue to learn. This is a book I will never learn all there is to learn from it. I believe it to be God's personal message and that it is unlike any other book. I find hope, healing, and comfort in its words. I also find direction and guidance as well. I am by no means a person who claims to know all there is to know about the bible. I do believe it's important to keep reading and studying God's word. I may not read it every single day, but am working toward that ...more
Jim
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life's handbook. Easy to read, hard to apply its principles at times, but then again, I'm only human and a sinner. Instant connection with the author gives Hope and encouragement. Pride always gets in the way.
Debbie
Jul 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is, of course, THE book in my life. I don't read it as I should, but I ALWAYS learn from it. This is THE book to read. Every one says that life didn't come with an instruction manuel, but that's wrong! The BIBLE is our instruction manuel.
Gail
Jul 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Gail by: God
Best book to draw strength from. Try to read it as much as possible. One book you can never get tired of.
Jennifer Sanford parker
You can't get through one day of life without it!
Suzan Pecyna
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned how to live my life from this book and am learning every day. Regardless of your faith, it's a great read and a priceless work of literature.
Timothy Beidleman
Perfect and Exquisite
Eli
Aug 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion-myth
The 'Good Book' ranges widely in readability, from genuinely interesting stories and historical myth to dry genealogies and ancient blueprints. Some of the authors are fond of sticking to a stereotyped format, so that you end up reading the same "headers" and "footers" again and again; not very fun.

My rating of three stars is generous, buoyed by the (cherry-picked) genuine wisdom of several books and the tangential insights it gave me in learning about Christian scripture.

While the book does hav
Carol
May 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read the Bible through cover to cover at least three times--and studied portions of it for many years. So, I imagine I've read most of it at least 20 times. My favorite was the Jersualem Bible (now out of print--and not to be confused with the New Jerusalem Bible) I love the King James for the poetry in Psalms in particular--but for reading and understanding the NIV is my current favorite. (I wore out my Jerusalem Bible) The study version has excellent notes.
Nan
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
I read it when I was Christian and I loved it. Now I just don't feel like it anymore and it looks like a silly book to me... I don't deny its literary properties, but I don't like it anymore. It'c childish and medieval.

PS. I read it thrice
Saroum
Mar 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome. It's definitely the book of life.
Sandee Clemons
Nov 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent......................
Cheryl Carr
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: most-favorites
This is my dog-earred, well-thumbed, marked up, written in, instruction manual. I've read it through seven times so far . . . I'm taking it with me when I go!
Brian
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oblock, personal
The greatest story ever told, although this version is incomplete compared to the number of books still in the Catholic Bible.
Karla Gautreaux
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE ONLY BOOK THAT YOU EVER NEED TO READ.
Jill Costello
This is my favorite study Bible.
KC
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: default
My favourite book. My most prized possession.
Phillip Coffey
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best Bible money can buy.

I love this Bible, it's beautiful and well written. God Bless all those that made it possible. For God So Loved the world That He Have His Only Begotten Son. John 3:16
Jen Well-Steered
What I liked about it: The Song of Solomon is pretty good, what with it being a book of sex poems that somehow got into the mix. I also liked some of the bits about the crazy prophets and their bizarro tactics for getting people to believe that god was seriously mad again.

What I didn't like about it: It turns out that there are no annotated versions of the KJV published by mainstream publishing houses. There are annotated bibles put out by Oxford University Press, for example, but they use the N
Mark
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my go to bible with all the commentaries, outlines and other helps.
It is well made with fine paper and the cinnamon red words look much better than the typical bright red.
Slimmer to carry than many of today's study bibles.

The King James is Elizabethan, but it is well worded.

This is a great bible to add to your bible studies.

mark
Otto
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully helpful. This study bible does an excellent job at digging into the meaning and context of verses in scripture. I have found it to be an excellent resource for serious readers of the Bible like myself. There are only a few occasions where I did not get my questions answered from this book. I have other study bibles, but this is always the one I keep coming back to.
Andre
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My new Study Bible, I love it!
Caleb Warren
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend a Nelson's study Bible above all others I have ever read. It has been a tremendous help to me in my Bible study and understanding. BTW - Great read.
Mary Chambers
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading a Study year. Next year it I want to read a Chronological Bible.
sexi
its the bible of course its amazing
Jane
Wonderful book. Very highly recommended. Mine is actually just the Open Bible, not the NEW Open Bible. It is published by Nelson. It is my study Bible.
Joan Haughton
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Word of the Lord. So sweet, I have to start reading another version, right away. Bless the name of Jesus!

• The Integral Vision: A Very Short Introduction to the Revolutionary Integral Approach to Life, God, the Universe, and Everything
  • Feel the Fear...and Beyond: Mastering the Techniques for Doing It Anyway
  • Apocrypha
  • Sola Scriptura!: The Protestant Position on the Bible
  • Warrior Women: 3000 Years of Courage and Heroism
  • Deadly Doses: A Writer's Guide to Poisons
  • I'm Chocolate, You're Vanilla: Raising Healthy Black and Biracial Children in a Race-Conscious World
  • The Psychology of Creative Writing
  • The Medieval Underworld
  • Sermon on the Mount: An Evangelical Exposition of Matthew 5–7
  • The Law of Superheroes
  • Overcoming the Enemy: The Spiritual Warfare of the Believer
  • The Way to Write for Children: An Introduction to the Craft of Writing Children's Literature
  • Where To Find It In The Bible The Ultimate A To Z Resource Series
  • Creativity for Life: Practical Advice on the Artist's Personality, and Career from America's Foremost Creativity Coach
  • Life Lessons with Max Lucado: Book Of Acts
  • Reinventing Knowledge: From Alexandria to the Internet
  • Lessons from a Sheep Dog
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
“17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is 1vain; aye are yet in your sins.” 0 likes
“my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know bthat your labour is not 1in vain in the Lord.” 0 likes