Start by marking “Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1)

Dear Rockstar

(Dear Rockstar #1)

Sara is obsessed with rock star Tyler Vincent, and as she works to complete her senior year, she’s determined to find a way to meet him—although her best friend, Aimee, keeps telling her to find a different escape from her desperately violent home life.

Complications arise when Dale, the mysterious new transfer student, sets his sights on Sara, and she falls for this rock-s
Published July 1st 2013 by Fido Publishing (first published June 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Rockstar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Rockstar

Cora Tea Party Princess
Sep 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book annoyed me quite a bit.

The characters were juvenile and the setting was juvenile. It felt almost like the academy was an excuse to write your typical YA school drama but have an excuse to add lots of graphic sex. New Adult, I think NOT.

Sara was a little bit bat-shit. Well, more than a little. She'd doodles on her notebook Sara loves Vincent like an obsessed 12 year old. Only she's not an obsessed 12 year old. She's an obsessed adult who's borderline stalker with her plans to get close
Rebecca McNutt
Dear Rockstar was an exciting book, full of Eighties nostalgia and the love of music, but the love triangle melodrama got old really fast.
Alex is The Romance Fox
What a fabulous book!! I am so happy to have discovered Emme Rollins (thank you so much!!).
Dear Rockstar had so many things that I enjoyed.
I loved the journey back to the 80’s that this book took me on. Madonna and her gloves  photo download1_zps4d420575.jpg (can we ever forget Just like a Virgin???), Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Boy George– travelling back in time and was that not such a fresh take on a story about a rock star!!!!

Dale Diamond (love the name!!). This is an unforgettable character. He’s gorgeous, talented a
J.
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review

"Beside, there was no arguing with love. Love didn't care. Love did whatever the hell it wanted, no matter who or what got in the way."

This book seriously has everything I love: humor, musicians, great secondary characters (with depth), an interesting/lovable h, a hot sexy alpha male (Dale had me at the Skittle scene), and a truly unique plot.

My first thought was seriously why does this girl have such an OBSESSION with Tyler Vincent?? She doe
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Not what I expected.

I read this book with the thought that maybe, just maybe, it would break my not-so-good-books streak. But no, it didn't and I'm sad about that.

At first, I wasn't too bothered by Sara's obsession with Tyler. However, as the story progressed, I found out that not only did Tyler have a family, he's also twice Sara's age and that turned me off big time. Honestly, if you ask me what i thought the mystery was when I read this book's blurb, I'd say that I thought Dale is Tyler. I t
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - Jointly reviewed for Totallybookedblog.com

Jenny: Fluff up the hair, break out the hair gel and whack some Rick Astley on the turn table because we’re heading back to the 80’s with Dear Rockstar!

So..think back. Do you remember your first rock star crush? You know…the one you thought you’d die over if you didn’t get to meet……and if you did meet them, you were convinced you’d fall in love and get married? Oh come on… we all had that insane crush and those crazy dreams when we were young
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--Dale Loving--Stars!

OMG I freaking LOVED this book. It was fun, it was funny, it was sexy, it was sweet, it broke my heart, it had me on edge!

Sara and her BFF Aimee attend an alternative high school, after not graduating their senior year. Sara has been in love with rockstar Tyler Vincent since she was 14. When Tyler Vincent look-alike, rockstar in the making, Dale Diamond shows up the first day of school, Sara's world is rocked!!

Dale and Sara have an instant attraction to each other. But se
Jenn
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Buddy read with Bethany &Jennifer
ARC provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review

This story threw me back in to an 80's tailspin. I LOVED it. I loved all the reminders of growing up in the 80's. Every time I read something 80's related it cracked me up and reminded me of my junior high years. Even though this book was set in the 80's, it didn't take away from the story one bit.

This book does have serious content as a theme yet, it's not the focal point of the story. The focal point being around Sara and her OBSESSIO
Michelle
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Received book from author in exchange for an honest review.

'Turn up your collar, feather your hair, and splash on some Polo, because we're going back to the 80's when MTV played music videos, there was no such thing as American Idol, and becoming a star meant doing nothing short of crazy for that one, big break."

Sara is a little obsessed with rock legend Tyler Vincent. The walls of her bedroom are covered with posters torn from the pages of magazines. She knows everything she thinks there is to
Charlene
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: musicians, new-adult
I need to preface this review by saying that I'm not normally a fan of the NA genre. What I am, however, is an 80's girl and this book brought back so many memories of that era for me. I could actually taste the plate of fries that was so often my lunch during high school (yeah, I know...but we all did it, didn't we?). This was my experience throughout this story...I could feel myself immersed in Sara and Dale's lives. I'm not going to regurgitate the plot for you - you can read the synopsis for ...more
Bethany
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bethany by: Buddy read with Jenn and Jennifer
ARC provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed Dear Rockstar. I thought the book was just going to be a fluffy story about a girl in love with a rock star. I was so wrong. Dear Rockstar deals with some very serious issues and has few very steamy scenes. Then there was Dale Diamond, I don't know if I can really explain how much I loved him. First of all he had the perfect 80's rock star name, I mean it couldn't get any better. He was also so sweet and straight forwar
Abbie
Oct 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Actual rating - 2.5

The main character, Sara, really annoyed me. Her obsession with Tyler really got on my nerves after two pages. I kept hoping she would give it a rest, but that never happened until the end.
It was also quite irritating that she kept mentioning food and how hungry she was. The part with the skittles felt like it went on forever!

The ending wasn't bad, but I didn't love it.

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
4.5 stars - Jointly reviewed for Totallybookedblog.com

Jenny:

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Quick review:

Cover: Nice!
Rating: R
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: A solid story with potential
Characters: Good
Plot: Why settle for a fantasy when the reality is better
Page Turner: Sure
Series Cont.? N/A
Recommend: Maybe
Book Boyfriend: Dale

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
There is much potential in this story. There is an edginess to it that draws in the reader. I can’t say I regret reading, but I will say I wish is lived up to its potential. I think this could be a five star read with some tweaks.

For a fu
seton
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: d-n-f, na-ya
Genre: NA romance

This novel is set in 1986 New Jersey. I know that is so far back as to make this practically a historical but back in 1986, I happen to be living in NJ. I know it, like the back of my hand. And that may be the problem since some details seem to be off and the mistakes kept on accumulating.

This isn't a horrible NA novel with eye-raping editing like some that I have read recently.
The heroine is stalker-level OBSESSED with a famous rockstar twice her age to escape the reality of h
Kim Bailey
Aug 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: sweetness
3.5 Stars

A very sweet read.

I was looking for something nice & light - an easy read. I got that & a fair bit more with this book. Emme Rollins takes the idea of star idolization & turns it into something new & a little more meaningful. Her characters are well written and the storyline is solid.
There were some very nice moments in this book.
It was however, a bit predictable in spots - and some of the more meaningful moments were skimmed over, while less important things got more n
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
This was a nice enjoyable read. It wasn't spectacular and it was a little predictable but overall I liked it. I especially liked that it was set in the late 80's and all the old skool references.

I guess if you are looking for a fluffy read with a HEA then check this one out.
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s, 2013-read-list
*ARC given to me by author for honest review*

If you’re looking for a new rock-star read to sink your teeth into Dear Rockstar may be it. Dale may not be famous yet, but he’s a rock-star in the making and Sara has to learn to switch alliances for her future, one that does not include middle aged rocker Tyler Vincent who she’s been a bit obsessed with over the years.
description
I thought Dear Rockstar was a great read. It was in no way a typical rock-star story but instead the 80’s era timeline and Sara’s ro
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stephanie (Bookfever) by: Christina
Dear Rockstar was a very unexpected read for me. I didn't know about it until my friend Christina told me about it when she read it and told me I had to simply read it. Since it wasn't expensive on Amazon I bought it but normally any Kindle books I buy, will be unread for months since I have so much to read but she convinced me to read it with the review she wrote and the way she raved about it. Oh, what would we be without our bookish friends?

Dear Rockstar is a story about an 18-year-old Sara w
Heather
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-boyfriends
Er-Mer-Gerd! Best book ever my friends! I cried. I did. Tears. They fell.

I suppose I should start with the prerequisite I received this book in exchange for an honest review and boy was it good.

Emotional roller coaster.

Where do I start? You can absolutely totally FEEL the heart that was poured into writing this book. You can feel the characters’ emotions: Dale and Sara, Sarah’s relationship with her step-father, and her love for Tyler Vincent. (Which BTW I totally get. I totally wall papered my
Lisa Kane
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sara is 19 and goes to Iselin Academy, along with her best friends Aimee and Carrie. Each has a reason why they didn’t graduate from a traditional high school. Sara is obsessed with Tyler Vincent a rock star, and the story line takes place in the 1980’s. A time when people relied on land phones and MTV reined on cable. Dale Diamond has his first day at the Academy and Sara can’t help but notice he has the whole rock look going on. He seems to zero in on her and the two strike up a friendship.
Sa
Joanna
* * * * * 5 S T A R S * * * * *

What a FANTASTIC story!!! I was completely swept away by Dale Diamond and I loved every minute of it!!!

Dear Rockstar is set against the backdrop of the 80’s and while I loved all the references to mall concerts, acid wash – anything, banana clips and Rick Astley ~ this story was so much more.

This book centers on Sara ~ a 19 year old senior in high school who is obsessed with a rock star named Tyler Vincent. She attends an “alternative” high school (The Academ
Christie72
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***I received this book in exchange for an honest review.***

LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! It was amazing...it had love, angst, darkness, not to mention the steamy, hot love scenes. HOLY COW...the sex in the storage room backstage after one of Dale's concerts will be etched in my mind for quite some time.

However, Dear Rockstar is not just about sex. It's a sweet love story about two individuals who haven't had such great childhoods, but who finally luck out when they find each other. Sara is one of the str
Tracey
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-wow
This book was provided by the author for an honest review..thank you I would have gladly paid to read this story. Dear rock star had me at the Skittles, and smurfs. The fact that this was set in the 80's was a treat, there were so many nostalgic moments. Such a fun time to write a story around. Back when mall performances, and battle of the band's were a way to start a rockers career......Sara is a young woman at 19yrs old that has pinned her walls full of Tyler Vincent. Rock star. She has enter ...more
Megan
Think back to that rockstar, boy band, rapper or... pianist in the 70s, 80s, 90s, or 00s, you fell in love with. Remember all the fantasies that you created of this person? Remember how you felt like you knew them? Remember how you put them on a higher pedestal making them more than human? Well take what you did and multiply it by 80! THAT'S how bad Sara had it for Tyler Vincent '87.

The novel is broken up into two parts, "The Warm-Up Band" and "The Headliner".
In "The Warm up" begins with Sara an
Ailene♥
After reading this book, my emotions were everywhere but in a good way. I didn't even intend to cry. But my tears were pouring. I'm just so happy I've decided to read this book.

Dale and Sara's chemistry was intense! It's not forced. It's just natural. Their relationship was real. Their conversations/interactions made me giggle so hard and there were butterflies in my stomach the whole time! There were times that it reminded me of another book that I've read before. It brought out some emotions
Karen
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author for honest review.

Let me just get this out of the way first. Rick Astley, The Cure, Tiffany, Duran Duran, INXS, Bon Jovi, Violent Femmes….Ahh the memories. Yes this was a wonderful 80’s flashback for me. I admit that some of it was repressed such as Madonna cut-off gloves, but hey, we can all laugh about it now. It was a lot of fun and certainly helped remind me of my own rock star crush when I was a teenager.

Sara has a major obsession with Tyler Vi
Miranda
I received a copy from the author for an honest review.
This book
description
Holy crap. I loved everyone in it. Dale and Sara were so adorable and bearable.
(view spoiler)
I loved how it was set in the 80s era. I wish there was a bit more referencing though a few big names were dropped at first and alittle in
Illustrious Illusions
First, let me saw while you may not be a New Adult fan ~raises hand~ Dear Rockstar is not your typical New Adult genre story. I can honestly say I laughed quite a bit as I was reminded of the 80's ~ a genre sometimes better left forgotten. So, if you are an older reader who doesn't feel like they have anything in common with this new genre, you will love Dear Rockstar and the memories it evokes.

Sara has faced some challenges in her young life that could have destroyed her, but she has found a wa
Kelly
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2013, new-adult
I was really worried when our h/h meet in the oh so over used Chemistry class. But no need to worry because Dale and Sara are Amazing? From go I could feel the connection they had. Dale is an amazingly,swoonsy, Prince Charming of sorts and Sara is in need of his love. You will love her! She is one of those characters you just want to take under your wing and protect.
So where does Tyler the Rockstar figure into this??? I'll admit it was a hard sell for me, this utterly crazy way Sara obsesses ov

• Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Found (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Dance For Me (Fenbrook Academy, #1)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Shocking Heaven (Room 103, #1)
  • Talania: A Trip down Memory Lane (Lost Love, #1)
  • Never Say Never (Never Knights, #1)
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Jaded (Rock Star trilogy, #1)
  • Winner Takes All (Winner Takes All, #1-5)
  • Sheet Music: A Rock 'N' Roll Love Story (Sheet Music, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Haze
  • Revenge, Volume 3 (Revenge, #3)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Love Exactly
Emme Rollins is a NEW YORK TIMES Bestselling Author of New Adult/Mature Young Adult fiction. She’s been writing since she could hold a crayon and still chews her pen caps to a mangled plastic mess. She did not, however, eat paste as a kid.

She has two degrees, a bachelor’s and a master’s, one of which she’s still paying for, but neither of which she uses out in the “real world,” because when she i

Dear Rockstar (2 books)
  • Lucky Girl (Dear Rockstar, #2)
“Fuck me,” I whispered, giving him permission, taking him into my flesh, a soft invitation to madness.” 93 likes
“Like a butterfly stuck in a chrysalis, waiting for the perfect moment, I was waiting for the day I could burst forth and fly away and find my home.” 74 likes