Start by marking “In the Lyrics” as Want to Read:
In the Lyrics

In the Lyrics

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  427 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
Hensley Bradley is the definition of the girl-next-door. She’s kindhearted, beautiful, and talented. Bored with her mundane life, thoughts of fleeing her small town begin to consume her. With aspiring dreams to use her voice as a one-way ticket, she suddenly discovers that music might not be her only passion.

After a fallout back home, Colby Grant decides to leave his famil
Published February 7th 2014 (first published February 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about In the Lyrics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Lyrics

Nacole Stayton
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait to share this one with you all! Stay tuned for release date information.
Jodie
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Check out my review at...

Be sure to check out more of my reviews at:

http://lustfulliterature.com/ & https://www.facebook.com/lustfulliter...
Christina
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for an honest review

“NO, YOU LISTEN to me, Son, and you listen good. Your mother and I have bitten our tongues for far too long. This here music, you think you can do that forever? You think singing at these podunk bars is going to pay your rent? You better take a real good look around this farm. This is where you belong. Working like a real man should, providing for his family, not on some rickety-ass stage trying to make a buck, never knowing where you’re going to lay your h
Holly
*I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for an honest review.
*SPOILERS ABOUND.
*Full rant can be found here: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2014...

Actual rating: 1.5 stars!

I'm quite sad that this book fell short of my expectations. I've read A Graceful Mess by this author, and I really liked it! However, even though this was a pretty quick read, I found myself incredibly bored.

And. I. Hated. Hensley.

She was one of the worst characters I've read. She's a selfish little brat who
Casey
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

In the Lyrics is the first book that I have read by Nacole Stayton, but it won't be my last. I wasn't prepared for all the emotions this book had me feeling, but I am so glad that I read it. This book really had me on an emotional roller coaster that had me smiling and laughing one minute and then wanting to rage and cry the next. This book was so good, and yet there were times that I was ready to pull my hair out in frustration. Colby and Hen
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
4.5 Stars
You can read this and other reviews at Madison Says!

Hensley Bradley and Colby Grant share the same dream – to hit the big time. They want to become famous singers/songwriters on the country music scene for two very different reasons.

Hensley is determined to get out of Nashville. Her mother was destined for stardom until she got knocked up with Hensley. From the first note she played, Momma Bradley has been pushing Hensley right out of town. She wants more for her daughter than she had.
Jennie Wurtz
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
**4.5 STARS**

First I want to say a special thank you to Nacole Stayton for allowing me the pleasure of beta reading this story. This story really moved me. In the Lyrics is a love story but it's so much more. It's a beautiful story of hopefulness, of making dreams come true and learning to live with the consequences, even when they hurt. Hensley is on a mission; she is determined to be "discovered" for her music and ultimately to leave town to be a successful country star. Colby has a similar dr
Kerri Mirabella
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Sunny Stars for ITL

First off, I would like to thank Nacole Stayton for giving mean ARC of In The Lyrics in exchange for an honest review. I was so honored that she had given me this opportunity. Secondly, ladies get ready!!! There is a new book boyfriend in town. He goes by the name of Colby and he's coming for you wearing tight wranglers, cowboys boots, sexy as sin dimples, and spitting lines that will have you swooning for days. He is truly the ultimate book boyfriend. Just a few chapters in
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autographed
Nacole Stayton wrote an amazing story. I couldn’t put this book down! I love how she can weaves words together and pulls so many different emotions out of me. There were times I wasn’t sure what was going to happen and I’m sure I made some frustrated noises during my lunch breaks and got some weird looks from co-workers!

Hensley thought she had everything planned out in her life. She was going to finish college, get noticed by a big label and do her best to make it big as a singer. She wants to d
Courtney
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
OMFG!!! I read this book on a whim and had no clue what I was getting into when I started it. I remember reading the blurb sometime ago but when I started this, for the life of me I couldn’t remember. And I was definitely surprised. This was the first book I read by Nacole and definitely won’t be my last.

In The Lyrics is a country love story, it’s not a sweet love story but it is a beautiful story. And so well written. Nacole has definitely gained a new fan!

Hensley is a very guarded and touch wo
Sarah Larson
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I absolutely love Nacole's writing style. I have read and fallen in love with every one of her characters.

Colby leaves home to escape after a tragedy has left his family in shambles. His father has turned to drinking to numb the pain and Colby is always fighting with his dad. After one to many fights with his dad Colby decides to leave home early to go to school and pursue his dream of making it big in the music industry. He finds an apartmen
Becca
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Each book Nacole writes just gets better and better. In the Lyrics will not disappoint. This book has everything that you look for in a great love story. That connection, heartache, raw emotions, laughter, love and redemption.

Colby and Hensley have that connection, that pull making you root for them from the beginning. Even though they seem to have everything that would say they can make it, sometimes that is not enough. And for once, it's not the guy! There will be points that you want to screa
Casey Bond
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nacole really outdid herself with hotter than fire, Colby and sassy, but lovable Hensley. Not to mention the supporting characters. They just leaped off the page. I found myself envisioning every moment and what amazing moments she painted in this book. The thing made me tear up twice. She almost broke my heart, but I'm not one to read and tell, so you'll just have to get your own copy and read for yourself. The plot was well-paced and beautiful. I just really enjoyed this book so much. It was s ...more
Delisa Lynn
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In The Lyrics, was an amazing story. I could not put it down, once I started. I loved the chemistry between Colby and Hensley. Have you ever read a book, and just felt like it was perfect from beginning to end? That's how I felt about this one. There were times I laughed out loud. And then times, I had a WTF moment and wanted to scream at the characters!! But then there were times when I cried right with them. If you love romance and music (who doesn't?), Then you will love this book and the cha ...more
Savannah Stewart
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Colby was such a lovely man and I want a friend like Dusty! Hensley...poor girl was torn with the decision to make it big or follow in her moms foot steps. I had so many emotions while reading this! But loved every minute of it. Great job, Nacole!
Lustful Literature
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**JODIE'S REVIEW**

“Once you love someone and give your heart to them, they own it. Trials and triumphs come along the way, but true love can overcome all of it. At least it’s supposed to.”

First let’s start this off by saying I have never EVER thrown my kindle, slammed my kindle, and shook my kindle to the extent that I did reading this story. Seriously before you start, consider this my tip put pillows around any areas of concern your kindle will thank you. What can I say about this book in j
Carrie Richardson-horton
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So I was not only a beta for this awesome book, but I get to review for our blog. In the Lyrics is probably my favorite book from Nacole yet. Not to say I don't love her other ones! ITL had me turning the page, and wanting more of these characters.

Colby Grant - Oh my word! My description of Colby would be a younger version of George Strait. <-----yeah I know hold on to your seats ladies! Colby is getting ready to swoon your socks off! Wrangler wearing, cowboy boots, real cowboy. Dimples<-
Smut Fanatics
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CLICK HERE FOR FULL REVIEW INCLUDING THE PLAYLIST

Summary/Blurb:

After a fallout back home, Colby Grant decides to leave his family’s farm, determined to show his father he’s more than just a
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
2.5 Stars!!

Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

Here we have two people with big dreams of becoming the next best country sensation. All Hensley has ever known is to shoot for the stars. Her mom has pushed and pushed and pushed Hensley to want this dream for herself. For Colby music has been his savior for tough times and with a loss dear to his heart he wants to pursue this dream to feel he has down right.

The minute Colby sees and hears Hensley he is hooked but it's not all easy as Hensl
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
I know I have said this several times already, but I feel compelled to say it again… this is the year of truly amazing books! In The Lyrics is absolutely no exception. Nacole Stayton had my emotions flowing big with this book. This book was phenomenal. It touched my heart, it broke my heart, it made me believe in true love and it stole that faith away. This book was such an emotional journey, not only for the characters, but for me as well and it was 100-percent worth every feeling.

Hensley has l
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC RECEIVED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW - 4.5 stars

We are all running away from or hiding something. And with In The Lyrics, we see that running from something can lead us right to what we have always needed.

Henlsey has been told all her life by her mother not to settle, to use her talent as a singer to get out of this town. She has been been by those around her all her life, so Hensley is determined to jus.t that - get out of there.

Since a family tragedy, Colby's home life has been hell. He still fee
Angela
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
**** 4.5 STARS ****

What would you do if your dream was to be a famous singer and one day you are given the opportunity to fulfill that dream? Only, it means leaving school, and the person you just started dating, who also happens to have the same dream.

Colby Grant lives on his families farm and he is miserable. Ever since a tragedy struck things have gone way downhill. His father has turned into a mean physical drunk and his mom is a complete wallflower. Colby needs to get away so he transfe
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, blog-tours
4.5 stars!

I remember seeing the Cover Reveal for this book on Facebook and instantly falling in love with it! I couldn't wait to read the story behind it, so when I got an email about the Blog Tour for it, I quickly signed up! This book was amazing! It was about finding out what's really important in life and realising that if you work hard then you can make your dreams a reality! I adored it! The plot, for me, was really easy to follow and I really enjoyed it! I did think that there were times
Rebecca
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
***Arc was provided by author in exchange for an honest review***

Country music is about heartbreak, loss, and ultimately, redemption. These themes are perfect for the main characters, Hensley Bradley and Colby Grant, of Nacole Stayton’s In the Lyrics.

For as long as Hensley can remember, her focus has been on getting a recording contract. Her mom’s dreams of being a singer were left aside when she got pregnant with Hensley, so Hensley feels like she needs to achieve this dream not only for hersel
Tami Talbert
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was offered the ARC of In the Lyrics in exchange for an honest review. I haven’t had an opportunity to read any prior novels written by Nacole Stayton, but after having the pleasure of meeting her and finding her to be a very sweet young woman, I looked forward to reading one of her stories. I am so very glad that I did.

Hensley lives in a small town near Nashville. Her dream has always been to play music, be discovered and escape the small town life she lives. She spends all of her time with h
SammiesBookBlog
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for my honest review.

I am torn what to give In the Lyrics. Between a 3.5 and a 4. I loved like the first 70-75% of this book and then, BAM...Hensley did what I never thought she would and she broke my heart right along with Colby's. And About the last 10-15% of the book I enjoyed also.
So this is really tough for me.
We meet Colby a young man broken, hurt, alone and wanting to make a change, wanting to keep a promise to his brother. He heads to the city for school and to make i
Kieralee Bridge
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to start by saying HOT DAYUM this book was AMAZING and i think i may have a new found appreciation for Country Music Singers.
Meet Hensley Bradley a small town country girl with dreams of using her voice as a one way ticket out of the town that has started to consume her life. Trying very hard not to take the same path as her mother by not letting a man hold her in the town Hensley was doing great right up until she meets sexy (REAL-LIFE COWBOY) Colby Grant.
Colby wants away from his fam
Nikki
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

This was a very different story to me. It is not often that the male lead in the book is the good guy. I also loved that it was in both points of view. How two people see things that are the same but entirely different, how the wrong decision can cost you everything and how the right decision can also cause you to lose everything? That was a mouthful but the moral of the story is ultimately communication.

Colby, he is such a love and all I wanted to do wa
Melissa
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review
This book was awesome. Let’s start by talking about the characters….
Colby- Oh, sweet Colby. He’s truly what book boyfriends are made of. He’s aspiring to be a musician, but when you first meet Colby you can’t help but feel bad for him. His father is a mean drunk. It’s sad to watch this because Colby just takes it… He doesn’t let it get him down or deter him in his plans.-

“NO, YOU LISTEN TO ME, Son, and you listen good. Your mother and I have bit
Holly Allen
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*****Five Stars for In the Lyrics by Nacole Stayton*****

Colby grew up on a farm in Texas with his mother, father and little brother Levi. When tragedy tears his family apart Colby makes a promise to his brother that he will make himself into something. He will make his dream of being a musician come true.

Hensley has wanted nothing more in life than to pursue music and get the hell out of town. She made it her goal in life to not get attached to anyone (other than her gay best friend Dusty) in to
  • A Tattered Love
  • Rage (The Sound Wave Series, #2)
  • Sweet Nothing
  • Full Steam Ahead (Sea Swept, #1)
  • Southbound Surrender (South Boys, #1)
  • Cover Me (True North, #1)
  • Hated (Rock Star, #3)
  • Unexpected (Unexpected, #1)
  • Never Goodbye (Albany Boys, #1)
  • A Blue Tale
  • Enticing Interlude (Tempest, #2; Black Cat Records, #5)
  • Lost Without You (Haven, #1)
  • Playing Pretend
  • The Devil's Tattoo (Devil's Tattoo #1)
  • Vertical Drop
  • In Bloom (The Brightside, #1)
  • Spitfire (The Silver Oaks Series, # 3)
  • Permanent Lines (Permanent Lines, #1)
Nacole Stayton is the Amazon Bestselling author of The Upside of Letting Go, as well as other new adult and contemporary romance titles, including A Graceful Mess, In the Lyrics and Savaged. She is twenty-something years young and currently resides in the Bluegrass State where she spends her nights writing vigorously. She has a passion for helping others and wears her University of Kentucky gear p ...more
More about Nacole Stayton

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)