Start by marking “The Right Song” as Want to Read:
The Right Song

The Right Song

Pain never truly goes away, until you find something deeper and meaningful that cures the heart and fills it with love.
That is what Aurora desperately wants to believe. That somehow her music can save her, or even touch the unreachable heart of the guy she has liked for years.

Rora yearns for his attention and wants to experience this so-called love that could possibly end
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 342 pages
Published July 31st 2014 by TSW Books

To ask other readers questions about The Right Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Song

Abbie
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 3.5

Aurora was an okay character, but it took me a while to warm to her enough to really like her. I really wanted her to get the confidence to sing, and I was glad when she finally did.
Out of the all the guys, I liked Daegan the most, and really wanted Aurora to end up with him.

The pacing in this was fine, although there was points where I wanted a few things to get a move on. I found the majority of the book to be enjoyable though, and I didn't expect the twist regarding one o
Kira Adams
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Before I even say anything about this book, I want to say how much I love this cover. It captures the emotion and personality of the main character, Aurora so well. It's beautiful.

I was given a chance to read this book in return for an honest review (there are a couple spoilers in here, but not many) and I have to say I loved it. I really enjoy growing with Aurora being there with her during her current moments of low, good and amazing.

You are constantly on a ride with Aurora whether its with h
Alexandra
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute contemporary book. I felt in love with the characters (Daegaaaaaaaaaaan)and i enjoyed it a lot. I needed a break from dystopians and this book was perfect. I never picked a book related with music so i've had a weird time thinking how the songs will sound...but i want to thank the author for giving me a copy because like i said,i enjoyed it and i had a fun time reading it.
I also loved the last quote that Aurora says : "Even when i considered letting it go,music never let go of me"
☆Joycedale☆
It wasn't a great story but it wasn't bad. I actually had the hardest time with her name Aurora Lawrence, just because I live in Aurora, Lawrence county lol.
Aurora is just a typical girl being raised by her aunt after her parents died in a car wreck on her 10th birthday. She's a girl afraid of leaving the place where she feels closest to her parents. Going as far as not even applying to college. Everyone is preparing to leave to start their lives. While she's happy for them she doesn't really wa
Skylar Nightingale
I truly enjoyed this book. It is a feel-good story that keeps your interest from beginning to end. I gave it 4.5 stars.

description
Aurora

Milo was a friend she had in elementary school. She had a crush on him. He was a beautiful popular kid who appreciated his studies. Although she had feelings for him, I did not feel their connection. description

Daegan was my favorite male character in the book. He was a mysterious yet sexy artist. There was an obvious chemistry between them. description

Alex was her attractive best friend who w
Lorrie
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has all of the elements for the perfect teen read. The story centers around teenager, Aurora Lawrence, and her gift as a musician and a singer. The romance integrated into the story is sweet and clean and the typical teen confusion and conflicts are handled appropriately and responsibly by the author. It is beautifully written as well.

I would like to thank the author for the privilege of reading her story in exchange for an honest review.
Bridget
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads, and it was soooo good.

It has the perfect amount of angst, romance, and music.

Aurora is the songwriter and guitarist in a popular local band. As she and her friends finish high school, her life looks like everything shes ever dreamed - but a mysterious new friend is shaking her life up in ways she never expected. Reading this book, you will root for Aurora to finally break free from the past and live her life!!
Angela
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *
I have this is my favorite book by this author. I loved all the characters with the exception of Milo. It was a GREAT coming of age story. I think everyone can relate to most of Aurora's struggles through out the book. I will defiantly be keeping an eye out for more books by this author. :)
Aurélie
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music
PDF copy from Author for Review ^^

Wooow wooow wooow A beautiful story . I really love this book. It's all about growing up and making choice. And I can't deny that I'm a total lover about music/musician story!

Ps for Shane : Well Done Shane. U rock!! and I Can't help but love when you talked about my beautiful little country in your book ^^ Kiss from France
Ely
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading this book. It was a simple yet a beautiful story. What I enjoyed about this young adult book, was that it didn't involved teens into adult problems/situations.

Aurora was an ok character, simple, easy, talented, insecure, but that's exactly why I loved her, there's nothing more beautiful on this world than the simplicity of people and things.

Deagan was perfect, full of mystery, loneliness, guilt, talent, I loved the way he slowly stole Aurora's heart, how he let everything played n
Jenia
Shay
Where to start? I really really loved this book. To give you an idea of how much I loved it let me explain how I came to read it: So when I got this book I opened it on my kindle mainly to see how long it was and maybe read the first chapter, this was at about 11 at night...I didn't put it down until I'd finished it at about 2:30 in the morning... I literally put off going to the bathroom(tmi?) because I did not want to put it down. So, seeing as how all this review is likely to be is me gushin ...more
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}
I was surprised at how in love with this book I ended up being; romance is usually hit or miss with me, and lately it's been way more misses than hits. There are a few exceptions, but overall it's not been great. But seriously, by the end of this book I was half in love with Daegan myself.

The greatest part of this romance is that it's a slow burn. There is no insta-love. There is a slight love triangle, but it's not done in an annoying way. And since a third of that love triangle was Daegan, I
Angie
An e-copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

~4.5 stars~

I loved this one! Shane has a way of writing stories that are sweet, innocent, believable, and yet full of inspiration and hope, and I just love that about her novels. Her books are real and follow characters who face realistic situations, and not crazy ex-boyfriends or over-the-top drama-fo-yo-mama.

However, there was a bit of fanciful elements in this novel, as Aurora wants to rise to the top of the Rock Music cha
Katie Blythe
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Aurora “Rora” Lawrence’s parents have died in a car accident so Rora stays with her aunt Leah. She is as normal as she can be for going through a mourning process in high school, she and her friends Drew, Chris, and Alex are in a band called Days End which she is the guitarist and song writer, and her best friend Emma is always there for support, or to give her a shove in the right direction when Rora isn’t sure what she w
Kirsty Bicknell
For many people, music can be a source of therapy, with lyrics evoking certain memories and different genres suiting the moods of the listener. In The Right Song, Shane Morgan captures this sentiment perfectly whilst also telling a story of change, acceptance, pain and romance.
We begin with a short prologue which promises a happy ending but prompts so many questions before the reader is whisked back into the main narrative, beginning a year prior to this event.
Aurora is the “girl with the guitar
Stephenee
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

I have read most of Shane Morgan's books and each one becomes harder for me to figure out which one is my favorite! I love them all and for different reasons. This story is different from most of the others as this one has characters still in high school, so it is a younger set of readers that she is gearing it too, however, as an "adult" I loved it. I enjoyed watching the characters mature, figure out the meaning of love, what matters to
Cynthia Stacey
I have to say that once I got into this book it really captured me and kept me reading. The beginning of the book is a little slow, but it picks up and the story draws you in. I really enjoyed the main character Aurora. I liked her spirit and enjoyed watching her emotional reactions to the events that takes place and people around her.

I am not a big fan of love triangles, but the way this was written it was easily enjoyed. **Spoiler** I think you knew from the moment she connects with Deagan tha
Jacqueline
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
*The author sent me this book to read and review.*

I really liked this. When i found chances to read I was devouring this story. It was just as addictive as the other stories I have read by this author.

I liked the characters, well most of them. I didn't care for Milo's character. I think he was a little too full of himself. His character was the only one that I could not stand. Alex bothered me a couple times, but by the end of the book I liked his character a little more. At the same time, thou
Cindy
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.

Wow.. just WOW. So at first I was having problems getting into this book but I didn't wanna give up so soon and I'm so glad I didn't. I fell in love with this book.
So we have Aurora who is in a band, she writes music and can sing. Only not so many people know that. I thought Aurora was just awesome. How she grew throughout the book. She has the biggest crush on Milo (someone shes known since they were kids: they even got married
Marissa
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
PDF copy from Author for Review

Aurora Lawrence is in her last year of high school. She’s is happy writing music while be in the background while other people sing her songs. As she uses her songs as a crutch to cope with the loss of her parents in a tragic car accident and she still suffers from the pain and loneliness.

Her longtime childhood crush Milo Whitmore finally notices her and they start to date. Things seem to going well until she befriends Daegan Stone a shy artist at her high school.
Kaleena Rheeya
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
"The Right Song" by Shane Morgan was an absolute joy to read. I felt that Aurora as a main character was easy to relate to and like. The may be because of the fact that I was interested in pursuing music in high school as well (focusing on guitar playing, singing, and songwriting.)All the characters seemed well developed and the plot was easy to follow/digest. The chapters blew by for me as I felt a need to try to finish this book in as few sittings as possible...Often times, sneaking a few extr ...more
Ana
The author sent me an e-copy of "The Right Song" in exchange of my honest review.

It was beautiful: it touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes in a lot of moments (especially at the end).
The characters were very relatable and I loved how the author built each one of their personalities (I laughed a lot with some of them).
I enjoyed very much the writing style and loved the twists and unpredictability of the story-line!
I'm so happy right now because of this sweet story, that I'm grinning ear
NormaCenva
Some books I judge by their cover, this is one of them - isn't this book cover just wonderful? I thought you will agree with me on this one at least;)
All in all this book is a story of a young woman who makes some bad choices in the beginning some better choices later and by the end of the book figure out that some times life in all it's complexity is not about choices at all.
I did like the story over all, some times it was annoying yes, but it really does get better by the mid count of the pag
Justine
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This was a perfect coming of age/ finding yourself novel. I liked how the main character really came out of her shell and had a huge amount of personal growth over the course of this book. I also enjoyed that she found out that the "perfect little picture" of what she wanted was ripped to shreds leaving in it's wake an even better outcome for Aurora.
I enjoyed that the author included songs in the story, I feel like they
Courtney Whisenant
This was a very good YA contemporary read! I love books about music and songwriters but wish this book had a CD companion like some of the other musical books I've read. Being able to hear the melodies of the songs really enhances the reading experience. I really liked the characters and thought the romance between Aurora and Daegan was totally swoon worthy. It was a pretty emotional read at times and hard to put down. I hope there is a sequel because the story ended too soon for me. I also must ...more
Priscilla Garcia
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved it!!

Shane
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Priscilla Garcia
I loved this story!! I love how the author made you keep guessing who the main female character was going to end up with.. Was it going to be the best friend, her life long crush or that mysterious quiet guy. The plot was amazing. I totally recommend this book! I loved Daegan, team Daegan all the way. I really do wish we could read more about Drew and Em. Did they end up together? What was Em feeling? Did drew still love her and just wanted a little freedom? Please please Shane tell me lol
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Truth and Dare: 20 Tales of Heartbreak and Happiness
  • Destroying Avalon
  • Memory: Stadt der Träume
  • He's After Me
  • By Any Other Name
  • The Imaginary World of...
  • Melody Burning
  • You Don't Even Know
  • In My Father's Den
  • The Convent
  • Kill You Last (Thrillogy, #3)
  • Vicious Little Darlings
  • All of Me
  • Stim
  • Falling in Silence
  • London Bound (Chase Brothers, #1)
  • What You Are
  • Defector (Variants, #2)
I'm a writer of contemporary romance, suspense, and fantasy. I live in Rhode Island with my amazing husband. Aside from writing, I enjoy blogging, reading, listening to music and watching movies.

You can connect with me on facebook.com/authorshanemorgan or via my website http://shanemorganwrites.com

“I'm not a stalker, only an admirer.” 2 likes
“I burst out laughing as he flexes his biceps.
"Settle down, Hulk, and please put that away".
His brows shoot up, pretending to be appalled.
"Really? You're not bothered at all by my hotness?”
2 likes