Start by marking “Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #2; McCutcheon Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #2; McCutcheon Family, #3)

Evie

(Mail-Order Brides of the West #2)

MAIL-ORDER BRIDES OF THE WEST is a new series created in collaboration by USA Today Bestselling Authors Caroline Fyffe and Debra Holland. Well-bred socialite and bride-to-be Trudy Bauer arrives at the St. Louis based Mail-Order Brides of the West agency full of excitement for an adventure of a lifetime. She befriends the agency’s maid, Evie Davenport, and the two form a st ...more
Published July 23rd 2013 by Amazon Digital Services (first published July 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Evie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evie

Ingie
Written September 5, 2015

4 Stars - Sweet as sugar and still I enjoyed (a lot). Perfect adorable audio HR-Western

The other day I bought this Evie romance as a 6 hrs audiobook narrated by Lara Asmundson (new for me). I hadn't a clue if this was a good one or even a romance novel for me. I just wanted another "Wild West Historical".

*********************************************************

Evie is a m/f historical about the house servant at the "Mail-Order Brides of the West Agency", Evie Davenport
Kathy Heare Watts
CHANCE GETS A MAIL-ORDERED BRIDE

The third story in the McCutcheon Family Series will have Chance Holcomb, formerly of the McCutcheon’s Heart of the Mountain, sending to St. Louis for a mail-ordered bride. The story will have a few of the people found in previous and following stories but will mostly concentrate on Chance, Evie, and a few other key characters. While this story is part of a series, it will easily read well as a stand-alone, and also with a couple mail-ordered bride books by Debra
Heather C
This mail-order bride series is a different type of series in that it is being written by two different authors instead of just one author for the whole series. Each author has written their own books in the series, but their characters are interconnected. This is seeming to become more of a common occurrence these days with authors writing in each other’s series. The characters written about by Debra Holland will also appear in her Montana Sky series while the characters in Caroline Fyffe’s nov ...more
JennJ
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

It’s a story of all the insecurities, misunderstandings, and tender feelings that comes along with new love. Full of romance, humor, and characters that you will fall in love with — you don’t want to miss this one.

I really enjoyed this great little book and highly recommend it to anyone that loves westerns and/or Mail Order Bride stories.

The Audio book is about 6 hours long and it’s around 232 pages in regular print format. So it’s not a huge book but it has big heart! Caroline Fyffe is a great
Linda
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
*** This review is for the AUDIBLE edition of Evie ***

What a sweet romance! I really enjoyed it and didn't want it to end...

Mail-Order Brides of the West: Evie is a pure and sweet western romance primarily set in St. Louis and Y Knot, Montana. It's the first book I've ever read both by this author, Caroline Fyffe, and about a mail order bride.

My full review will be posted at Reading Between the Wines Book Club. Check it out here: http://www.readingbetweenthewinesbook...
Dawn Nichelle
Very sweet and wholesome. Sometimes I need a break from all of the worldwind drama and angst that a lot of novels bring. Caroline Fyffe's novels are just the ticket for me when I need to believe the world is so much better than it actually is. You don't necessarily need panty dropping novels to make you feel love with her characters. Chance and Evie were adorable.
C.
I can't stand romances full of ANGST, or where the H-or-h jumps to mistaken conclusions or one or both keeps secret(s) almost the entire book! All that aggravation takes any joy out of the romance and usually turns me against one or both of them. This book had too much of those negatives, so it does not make my Favorites shelf!
Dixie-Lee Campbell
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-challenge
A Sweet lovely mail-order bride story about Evie and Chance. I enjoyed this entertaining storyline very much ! It was a great touch to have the wonderful McCutcheon Family and their friends pay a visit too .

I am looking forward to hearing more of Evie's friend Trudy's, mail-order bride experience ...
Kathy Brickert
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story

So glad to see Chance find his true love! We are back in YKnot for another bride story and this one is dead to !y heart because I hate spiders also! But who doesn't? Cute story, great read!
Debbi
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
The second in the series and just as entertaining as the first. In this one, Evie is a maid at the "Mail-Order Bride" Agency plus she is illegitimate so she could not become one of the brides. She wants to be one so badly though so .....
Teresa Willis
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great fun read

It is a delightful story, lighthearted, and just what I needed after reading some dark, heavy other material. Thank you Caroline Fyffe for a great fun read.
Cathy Morgan
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

So funny, and tender. Reminded me of my early days as a bride, even though I'd known him for years.
Nana
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taking a chance on her own.

Responding to a letter meant for her employer, brings more than she could have ever imagined. Will it last and bring happiness?
Angie Pauley
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE this entire series! I started with the McCutcheon's and absolute love the Brides! :)
Cynthia
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-westerns
I listened to the audio so my review will be on it as well as the story which I have read as well.

Like all the Mail-order brides in this series this was a very touching story of two people wanting so much and not sure if they made the right choices. Finding love only to not know if the other felt the same. So many secretes hidden only to wonder if the other wanted out.

Chance knowing his son needed a mother but afraid no women would take on his half breed son. He didn't ask for anything, didn't f
Terri
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First let me start by saying I read / listened to this book in audio version via audible.com. I will always choose audios when possible as the narration breathes life into the stories. Even book that I had already read, when I read again in audio was a whole new book. Audio books also allow us to be hands free to do other things while we read & make great road trip companions. If anyone didn't enjoy this book, I would say then they didn't hear it in audio!
In this book by Caroline Fyffe, we
My Book Addiction and More MBA
*Audible version*

MAIL-ORDER BRIDES OF THE WEST: EVIE by Carolone Fyffe is another awesome Western Historical Romance set in 1880 St. Louis and Y Knot, Montana. #3 in the "A McCutheon Family novel", but is a stand alone. While, I have not read or listened to any of this series so far, I was not lost or disappointed.
This a little over 6 hours of pure delight. Narrated by Lara Asmudson, whose voice is smooth,delightful and easy to listen to for all of those six hours.

Of course, you will enjoy the s
B. D. Mann
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
This is book 3 of the McCutcheon, Mail-Order-Brides of the West Series. Of the series books by Caroline Fyffe, this offering works well as a stand-alone novel. The McCutcheon family members are only incidental players. The real tie is the fact that our hero, Chance Holcomb, is a ranch hand and good friend at the McCutcheon ranch in previous offerings. Chance, who left the employ at the McCutcheon ranch and purchased a small spread of his own, responded to a advertisement for a Mail-Order-Bride. ...more
Jeene Hobbs
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Evie wants a husband too

The first bride from the agency isn't really a mail order bride; she is the maid from their large Victorian home. She takes it upon herself to respond to a letter from Chance and make her own match.

Evie's best friend is Trudy who travels to Sweetwater Springs to marry and become part of the cast of characters in the Montana Sky series. There are letter back and forth between the two women to the their stories together.

We are reacquainted with some characters from the pr
Jennette
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was almost too predictable. It wasn't awful but not great either. Too much fretting over the lies and when to confess, too much second guessing of what the other might think, and too much insecurity and whining. I kept thinking if they are willing to take a chance like mail ordering a spouse where was that risk taking attitude when they meet? Evie wasn't adventurous or strong or brave. She was a sneaky child that ran away from home without considering the consequences. Chance is also childi ...more
Haley Whitehall
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating 3.5 stars

This is another sweet western historical romance that takes place in Y Knot Montana. I do enjoy spending time in Y Knot. Ms. Fyffe has developed a pleasant town.

I loved Trudy's mail order bride story which lead me to Evie's. Having met Evie in the previous book I had high hopes for her romance. I am a fan of Caroline Fyffe but this isn't one of her best books.

I didn't feel like I got to know Chance or Evie better than I already knew them from previous books. There wasn't strong c
Cheryl
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The characters in this book are so sweet. They are some of my favorite of all time! I've never read a story about a mail-order bride before. I'm not quite sure what I expected, except I knew I love Caroline Fyffe's books. Chance and Evie are so sincere and have such an amazing desire to make each other happy. It was fun to see them overcome their insecurities and learn to trust and love one another. I was also thrilled to see some of the McCutcheon family again. It makes me want to go back and r ...more
Shelley
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I flew through this book in a couple of hours. It was sweet and predictable but i enjoyed it. I liked the fact that she chose to write about a side character that we got a peek at in the first book in this series. I like that he got his own time because I liked him in the first book as well. Probably going to keep going in this series. I usually do not pick this genre intentionally but I like the characters and the sweetness of the books.
Marlene  Moore
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mail-Order Bride's of the West:Evie

This is a great story. There are some twists and turns that you wouldn't expect; which keep you reading long past when you needed to stop. This is a good, clean story line that I would recommend to anyone who is an avid reader! I personally appreciate that there is nothing grafic or any bad language in this book.
Annie
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I started reading this morning, only stopping when I saw the warning to charge my Kindle. That's when I realized that I was on chapter 27.

I absolutely loved this story. All of the characters are endearing. My favorite was Dexter.

I look forward to more stories about these wonderful characters in the future.
Trudy
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Evie's story is full of fears and triumphs. Both Evie and Chance have so many insecurities caused by their upbringing and pasts. Their journey to marriage will break your heart and mend it back together. If you enjoy sweet romance, historic romance or just want something a little different then this series is sure to win you over.
Shirley Henning
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable.

I loved this book predictable as it was but most mail order bride stories are. it was full of love, and learning how to live together despite the absence of an engagement and getting to know each other first. I would recommend this book if you like mail order bride stories.
Louiseann Walter
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
VERY GOOD READ.

This book was TERRIFIC. It shows how bigotry was ramped even in the best of people. One mistake should not define a person or the child that came of it. I am glad that that has changed so much in the last century. But I was glad to see Chance loved her for who she was and not what z he was.
Anna Cazale
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I highly recommend this book.

Evie is a charming character with lots of spunk. Although. Her becoming a mail order bride was done with deception all ended well. The McCutcheon family are good hardworking people.
Book Chick (Tori)
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, easy fluff read! It was pretty predictable, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for a sweet love story, so this worked. :) 3.5-4 stars
  • Trudy (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #1; Montana Sky)
  • The Most Unsuitable Wife (Kincaids, #1)
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • Mitch's Win (Montana Collection, Book 1)
  • Westward Dreams (Montana Mail Order Brides, #7)
  • Marrying the Major (The Women of Swan's Nest, #4)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Tame a Wild Bride (Tame, #3)
  • MacLain's Wife
  • Alma's Mail Order Husband (Texas Brides #1)
  • Brianna (Mail-Order Brides Club #4)
  • Gold Rush Brides: Emmy
  • Lady Ann's Excellent Adventure (A Regency Short Story)
  • Mail Order Mayhem (Brides of Beckham, #1)
  • Lorna Loves a Lawyer (Brides with Grit #9)
  • Gideon's Secondhand Bride (Six Brides for Six Gideons, #1)
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
USA Today Bestselling Author Caroline Fyffe was born in Waco, Texas, the first of many towns she would call home during her father's career with the US Air Force. A horse aficionado from an early age, she earned a Bachelor of Arts in communications from California State University-Chico before launching what would become a twenty-year career as an equine photographer. She began writing fiction to ...more

Mail-Order Brides of the West (6 books)
  • Trudy (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #1; Montana Sky)
  • Heather (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #3; McCutcheon Family, #4)
  • Lina (Mail-Order Brides of the West #4; Montana Sky)
  • Darcy (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #5; Montana Sky)
  • Kathryn (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #6; McCutcheon Family, #6)
“Love never fails.” 3 likes
“Cooking isn't hard. It just takes a little bit of imagination and determination.” 2 likes