Start by marking “No One's Angel (Chadwell Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
No One's Angel (Chadwell Hearts, #1)

No One's Angel

(Chadwell Hearts #1)

CONTENT WARNING: Due to adult sexual situations and language, this novel may not be appropriate for readers under 18.
If you are looking for an intense, passionate love so wrong it is right, a story about losing your way but clawing desperately at any chance to find your way back, about hanging on to your last shred of sanity and trusting someone enough to let go of your fe
Published September 6th 2013 by Kelly Walker

To ask other readers questions about No One's Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One's Angel

Start your review of No One's Angel (Chadwell Hearts, #1)
Patrycja
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, reviewed

There is nothing better in a book than uniqueness that catches your attention and keeps you on your toes, to the very last page, making you want more. No one’s Angel has a fantastic hint of mystery and something that’s totally undiscovered in new adult genre. Concept of virtual relationship made me want to read this beautiful story, that didn’t go in the direction, I thought it would go, but nothenless it still knocked me on my ass.

This story is about Angel and Arion, two strangers that share lo
Heather

Kelly Walker is a Young Adult and New Adult writer. This book falls more in the New Adult category. This is the story of a young couple who met online in a gaming chat room. They were on the same team and developed a friendship over the course of time. "Angel" and "Arion" never met in real life, but they began to develop real feelings for one another. All of that stopped one day when "Angel", Tess, simply disappeared from the game.

"Arion", Axel, is a young man who knows what it is like to loose
Michelle
Copy provided by publishers via NetGalley for an honest review
"In game, I was flawless and in control. In life, I'm lost."

No One's Angel is simply about a young naive online gamer who is lost, broken, and abused trying desperately to escape from her troubled past and finds help and comfort with a fellow computer gamer, whom she hasn't met in person.

"Life's isn't a game, and I can't replay this level, no matter how much I wish I could."

Tess also known as Angel, goes by her online h
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
For me this is a very special one!

I met my bf 10 years ago sort of online ( not in a game or dating sites ) but still online.

So this story reminded me of all the lovey dovey feelings from then.

Angel and Arion meet when in an online game, they start develop feelings for each other.
But then Angel/Tess meet's Nick while working and they begin a relationship, but that all changes in time. When she finds out Nick has a double side an aggressive side, she needs to run and hide.
Because he has bonds and
Lex
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an intense read... First of all, what made me want to read this book was the cover, it's pretty. :) And next, I scanned the blurb... Gamers. I am not really a gamer myself, well I do play sometimes, occasionally, but I am not that addicted where I do it every single day... But that was one of the reasons I want to read it. I was actually expecting it to be full of gamer lingo and I even prepared myself for that.

What I really did not expect, although I was warned based on the review
Kelly
Jun 22, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
No One's Angel has released on Amazon ( http://amzn.to/15B3dqa) and Barnes and Noble! (http://bit.ly/1elq6EF)

Paperback ARCs are starting to go out through special giveaways. There are 5 total ( and there will not be more. )

1) One goes to Chrissy T through the New Adult Book Club
2) One goes to DeeAnn through the Dear Author giveaway
3) One goes to the winner of the Reviewer Appreciate Giveaway
4 ...
5 ...

Stay tuned for more chances to win.

Excerpts:
First Look

Strip

Bethany
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed No One’s Angel. When I read that Angel and Arion meet by playing an online game, I thought, well this might be different and it kind of was. Angel finds an escape from her real life by consuming herself with an online gaming group and in that group is fellow gamer Arion. Angel and Arion spend many nights talking and flirting with each other online but have never met. All that changes when Angel shows up on Arion’s doorsteps.

I loved how the book jumps right into the story. There
Taylor
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Originally posted at my blog, Reads Over Needs, HERE!

Damn. Fooled by the synopsis again. Be careful, guys. It sounds way better than it actually is. When I requested it, I thought I’d be getting an exciting, original story with complex characters and a heart-swelling romance.

Exciting, it ain’t. Original? Not quite.

Wanna know what sucks the most? I thought it was going to be a 5 star-er. It started off so strong. Kelly Walker pulled me into the story from page one with her fluid, angsty pace. T
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"I gasp as I look at it closer. It’s not a picture at all, but a pencil sketch. Of me. Or at least the me he thinks I am. I—well my character, Angel. Sorrow fills my eyes, which is about the only thing of the portrait that resembles the actual me. My character in game didn’t have wings, and neither do I. He might still call me Angel, but my wings were clipped a long time ago."

description

Tess (Angel) and Axel (Arion) meet online through a game and develop a budding relationship with one another. She goes m
Mercy Cortez
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Angel is mine

This follows the story of Tess, a girl who used to like simple things, working at a cafe, spending time with her mum and with Arion, her online beau that she spent every minute thinking about. The problem? He lives thousands of miles away. The even bigger problem? She leaves him for a year and then turns up on his door step.

Tess has secrets as to why she is fleeing to Arion, a man she has never met and hasn't seen for over a year. She is hiding, hiding from the reason she left Ar
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of No One's Angel for part of a book tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tours, this will in no way effect my opinion on the book!

First up I want to point out that not only does this have strong language and scenes of a sexual nature, but I guess it may also need trigger warnings. So heads up before I start the review.

Trigger Warnings: Refers to past rape and domes
Quirks
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
2.5 Stars

I am so completely done with girls calling guys stupid. Seriously, if I have to read one more conversations with a bunch of girls talking or comforting each other by yapping about how guys are idiots who don't understand relationships or girls or love, I will lose my shit.

If it was the other way around, guys bashing girls, they would get so much hate. But since it isn't, no one seems to care. Well guess what, I care!

Guys are not idiots. Girls are not idiots. Many people are idiots, but
**ARC received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

~~ 5 Stars ~~

I have to start by saying I really loved this book. I thought it was well developed and thought out and the story was intriguing all the way through. It is a fairly quick read and flowed along smoothly. I was pulled into the story right from page one and the story held onto me until the very last page. I loved that this story got started right out of the gate….what I mean is that the author didn't waste any chapters on
Farrah
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking, dark, sweet, and romantic, No One's Angel was a wonderful New Adult romance. It was a fantastic read and I really enjoyed reading it. Loved this book!

Angel was a heroine who has been through a lot in the several months. But, she was still strong and she made it out of her bad situation. I really liked her. She was a admirable character who made it against the odds. I thought she was great.

Arion was so sweet! He was just adorable. His past has a few ghosts that cause him to be some
Kate ✨ is a dreamer
3.5 Angelic stars.

See the full review on my blog, the Book Whore

The story starts out with our main character, Tess aka, Angel, walking in the rain, her only belongings in her backpack, in the pouring rain with only $3 to her name. She’s running, and looking for her “best friend”. A guy she talks to in a computer game, who have been playing together for years, until she stopped playing a year ago and disappeared. He doesn’t know she’s coming, and all she has is his address from a card he sent h
Diane
Aug 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013-books
Let me start by saying I am probably not the target audience for this "YA" book. Having said that, I do read some of the genre and generally have enjoyed them.

I wanted to like this book. The basic story seemed interesting. Tess, or Angel as she's known in an online gaming world, had a very close relationship with Arion (Axel) online and he is crazy about her. She gets involved "in real life" with a controlling violent man, Nick and drops out of sight from her online friends due to jealous Nick
Rachmi
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, paranormal, romance
As much as I love a series, I also miss a standalone. With standalone book, I don't feel like I left hanging on with another stories since it has a solid closure. I liked that this is a NA standalone book. I think it's been a while since I read it. It seems that most of NA contemporary books I read ended up with sequels.

However it was the game thing that mentioned in the blurb that picked my interest. I'm not a gamer but I want to know more about it, so I'm kind of disappointed it doesn't have b
Victoria

“In game, I was flawless and in control. In life, I’m lost.”

Tess is a young woman on the run from a bad situation. She leaves home with little more than a backpack and a few dollars. She runs 2000 miles to Axel, a man she became close to when they met playing an online video game, where Tess goes by her gamer name Angel and Axel is Arion. He’s not expecting her and she has no idea what she’ll find…

What Angel doesn’t realize is how badly she hurt Arion when she disappeared from their online relat
Amelia
2.5 Stars

When I first opened No One's Angel, I was concerned to see that it had fifty one chapters. I had never read anything by Kelly Walker before and ideally I like my first read of an author to come in around twenty to twenty five chapters. In other words, long enough to get a good taste of their writing, but not so long as to get bogged down if it isn't to my taste.

Nevertheless, I decided to proceed. At first, I enjoyed the story. I like a little bit of angst, plus I have been known to bec
Gaufre
Mar 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF after two chapters

The heroin is delusional or crazy. She decides to flee an abusive relationship by moving across the country 1) with no money 2) to run into the arms of someone she met online 3) whom she never met him in person.
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog
The description of this book didn’t do it justice. I loved the plot and the characters. The story line kept me entertained and turning the pages as fast as I could. It was almost like a story about two people meeting online and meeting for the first time, only this meeting happens a year after the last time they spoke. I thought the relationship between the two characters felt real and sweet.

Angel and Arion met while playing a battle game online. I guess I picture them playing Halo with those he
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
No One's Angel took a familiar NA theme and put a little different spin on it. Ms. Walker's writing captivated me and I was immediately sucked into Angel and Arion's story.

Angel is a young woman on the run. I admired her for her gumption in escaping her situation. She has quite a spark and despite the things in her life trying to smother her light, it shines through nonetheless.

Arion is a young man just putting his life back together. He has his heart broken and headed in a downward spiral. Now
Carver's Book Cravings
Received an ARC for an honest reveiw
Review by Natalie

Tess is a female gamer, online she's known as Angel. She lives in Tuscon AZ with her mother. She plays a game called War Quest and there are some interesting players, one in particular named Arion. Arion and Angel become very close and they talk every day. Arion knows EVERYTHING about her, but she knows he will always be a fantasy.

Tess works at Thanks A Latte Cafe and has many friends there. One night while she is working she notices a guy nam
Kirsty
*DNF @ 33%*

Unfortunately this one didn't work for me. The blurb should have clued me in enough that this book would heavily surround the gaming world but I thought I could handle that, but it turns out I couldn't. I found a lot of the story to be a little unbelievable and cheesy, maybe because I don't understand how games like World of Warcraft work. And that's okay.. I think, it isn't for everyone, and nor will this story be.

These two characters meet online in this gaming world, they soon go fr
Jenn
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
No One's Angel is a different kind of love story. One that takes place in the modern world surrounded by gaming, abandonment, betrayals, domestic violence, solace, sex and lust, and love.

The Good: The story was well-written, fast paced and unique. I seriously read it in ONE night. This is amazing for me since it usually takes me a week to read a book that I'm really into (I am a slllooooww reader!). I enjoyed the fact that the main couple's love started online in a game and despite their current
Jenna
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
**I received a copy of this book from the author and Publisher through Netgalley in exchange for a honest review**

Angel is running from her past. Running for safety. She runs the only place she thinks she can, to Arion. Arion and Angel met online in a game and unbeknownst to the other, fell in love. But Angel decided she couldn't confuse the game with real life. So when she met someone she had to give the game up. Until she needs to escape and Arion is the only one to run to.

This isn't a beautif
Ayush
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rounded up from 3.5 stars.

No One's Angel is the common tale of a heroine running from an abusive relationship towards the hero for safety. Only this time, there is a small element of gaming added in it.

Tess, or 'Angel', and Axel, or 'Arion', met online in a game Warpath (a salute to World of Warcraft, I presume). They both talk, both in the game and out of the game without meeting each other in person. They develop feelings but don't tell. And then the bad guy steps in.

Aside from a well-written
Lina
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful love story

This book was adorable and the synopsis is a pretty good hint of what you get. A girl is in big trouble and runs for help to her online friend from a game site. They have never met before but desperate times call for desperate actions. There is no love a first sight, and I felt like I could touch with my own hands the bond that Angel and Arion shared. I just need everybody to read this story. It was Amazing and I want to share the love. I'm dying to continue with th
Caitlyn Percell
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
No One's Angel is the heartbreaking story of a girl who loses herself, and runs to the only person who might be able to save her. Tess is running for her life, from the same person who took it all away from her. When she shows up on Axel's door, or Arion and she knows him she doesn't know what to expect.

Axel is broken after Angel suddenly disappears much like how his mother disappeared years earlier, without a word. When Angel shows up on his doorstep he knows this is his second chance at foreve
Tatiana
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Omg this was truly a hard warming book of love and survival!! This book drew me further into it after the first page. It's a heart-wrenching story of trust and learning how to fight for ur freedom. I loved the entire book. Also knowing that those who truly love you will be with you to help for you are not alone. ...more

• Dear Killian (Love Letters #1)
  • Find Her
  • Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2)
  • The Marriage Pact
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • Dear Gage (Love Letters #2)
  • The Objection
  • Absinthe
  • Taking the Fall: Vol 2 (Taking the Fall, #2)
  • Taking the Fall: Vol 3 (Taking the Fall, #3)
  • Falling In (Taking the Fall #4)
  • Fall Into Place (Taking the Fall, #5)
  • Taking the Fall: Vol 1 (Taking the Fall, #1)
  • The Hitman's Angel
  • Safe, in His Arms (In His Arms #1)
  • Her Wolf  (Shifted Love #1)
  • Her Tiger (Shifted Love #3)
  • Her Alpha (Shifted Love #2)
Kelly Walker is a YA and NA author of several romantic titles, including the Souls of the Stones series. She has an unhealthy appreciation for chocolate, and a soft spot for rescued animals. Her best lessons on writing came from a lifetime of reading. She loves the fantastical, and the magical, and believes a captivating romance can be the most realistic magic of all. Kelly, her husband and her tw ...more

Chadwell Hearts (4 books)
  • No One's Hero (Chadwell Hearts, #2)
  • No One's Surrender (Chadwell Hearts, #3)
  • Forever My Angel (Chadwell Hearts, #4)