Start by marking “Airship City (Aeropolis #1)” as Want to Read:
Airship City (Aeropolis #1)

Airship City (Aeropolis #1)

When Joseph Samson gets the chance to visit the amazing airship city Aeropolis, it seems that his dreams of flight will finally come true. But dreams turn to nightmares when German agents target Aeropolis— and Joseph finds himself on the wrong side. Can he correct his mistakes, save the day, and get the girl back? It's a tall order, especially when he's struggling to stay ...more
Published June 2013

To ask other readers questions about Airship City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Airship City

Start your review of Airship City (Aeropolis #1)
J.
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Good story! This is a teen/YA full-length novel, set in London in an alternate history line where Churchill's the chairman of a bank, Hitler's rule of the Nazi Party was destroyed during the Night of the Long Knives, and Howard Hughes flies around the world on an aerial city called Aeropolis. (Ella Fitzgerald sings in one of the airship city's jazz clubs. Nice touch, that.)

The writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting are professional and crisp. My only real beef is that a few exciting scen
Kat Panos
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Three and a half stars, actually. Well-written, professional-grade first novel from Mr. West. Not something I would've picked out if I hadn't agreed to review it, but I ended up enjoying it. Would be a perfect pick for a YA/middle grader who is into flying, planes, history, mechanics, etc. Was my first foray into steampunk and I have to admit that (even as a grown-up) I found it surprisingly fun and educational - had to look a couple of things up in the spirit of "hey, did that really happen?" o ...more
Kody Dibble
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great write maybe more detail on joes life and manmouth but that's for the second one
Jenna E
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great read! I love when I get a different view on how things might have turned out if something went differently in history! I like how you get to see the Joseph mature as the book progresses and he finds out that not everything is as he has been told it is.
Ramyani Ghosh
Aug 14, 2018
Shabana
Jul 22, 2019
Stephen West
Jul 02, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alicja
Aug 11, 2013
Dragonr
Dec 25, 2014
Angelia
Apr 22, 2015
Ocean Weeks
Mar 19, 2018
Stephen West was born and raised in South Africa. Believing that a stable career is something to be actively avoided, he has worked as a waiter, TV extra, law lecturer, auditor, investment analyst, photographer, product manager, web designer, tax adviser, and freelance writer. He now lives in a small town just outside London and spends far too much time on Twitter.