Start by marking “Stripped (Stripped, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stripped (Stripped, #1)

Stripped

(Stripped #1)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  15,346 ratings  ·  1,548 reviews
So how did I get myself into this situation, you ask? Simple: desperation. When you're faced with being homeless and hungry or taking off your clothes for money, the choice is easier than you'd imagine. That doesn't make it easy, though. Oh no. I hate it, in fact. There's nothing I'd like more than to quit and never go into another bar again, never hear the techno beat pul ...more
Published August 14th 2013 by Jasinda Wilder

·  15,346 ratings  ·  1,548 reviews

Akanksha❤ Søren♰
I expected a lot more from this book reading the blurb. It didn't live up according to me.
This book had the capability to draw emotions out of a reader but that didn't happen. It was just like reading.. not feeling :\

The author hasn't done this book justice. The story had more potential but unfortunately it didn't live up.

The scenes in this novel weren't very ... i don't know the right word.
Its like you don't know if its actually happening or its all in her head..
Eg:- when they kissed or touched
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

I want him to own me. I want him to do whatever he wants. I want to give in to my own shaking need and trembling desire. I want him to show me what I've never known.

So...uh...yea...Dawson was Delicious. As for the rest of the book? *long suffering sigh*
Let me just take you on my emotional journey through the tear-fest (not mine) that was this book.

First 17%:
Grey's tear count=

My thoughts about the heroine so far?

Excessively sheltered, super naive, and constantly crying heroines? Yeaaaa....not
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: NA Romance

Sorry ladies but Dawson Kellor belongs to ME! And I refuse to share!

photo tumblr_mjhaka9jLv1qzpgx9o2_r1_500_zpsfd618409.gif

photo e6b471ea-4d5f-4717-b67c-e54376864953_zps971c9208.jpg

Let’s Dance
Growing up in Macon, Georgia with strict parents has kept Grey Amundsen on the purity train. As the daughter of a pastor, Grey has to fight tooth and nail to get the same privileges most kids take for granted. This includes her passion for dance, something Grey excels at.

photo d01f3c17-0679-4620-b7c7-377bc0cee16d_zpsbdcf3fc6.jpg
 photo tumblr_mj37de8I9k1rmq08io1_500_zps1acce58e.gif

Small victories
After winning a 'yes' out of her fat
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo WilderStrippedTitlebySueBee_zpsbace702f.jpg
★★★★! Stripped, the story of a small-town sheltered girl who meets the infamous bad boy Hollywood actor & playboy, Dawson Kellor!

“In person… he’s beyond perfection. I can’t look away from him, but his beauty burns me, like staring into the sun.”

My sincerest thanks to Allison (Her review) and Lkay (Her review) for our buddy read and also to everyone who stopped by our thread to chat.

Stripped is the story of a sheltered pastor’s daughter, Grey Amundsen who after tragedy strikes heads
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5 STARS

“My name is Grey Amundsen. But Grey, she doesn’t exist in here, in this slimy, smoky, sex-hazed hole. In here, I’m Gracie.”

This a story about a girl Grey who is the pastor's daughter and she was raised in a very different life...and never did what she really want..until something happened..and she decides to follow her dream..

which is dance..
She packed her bags and heads to California to college, to follow her passion..
She's determined to prove to herself that she can follow her dreams
Christy
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!!
 photo 45288ea4-1d2d-4d68-a6d4-a60025c8c288_zps92c80766.jpg

Grey Amundsen grew up living a very sheltered life as a pastor’s daughter. Grey’s father is very strict. He wants Grey to have nothing to do with anything he deems to be sinful or ungodly... and that’s about everything. Thankfully, Grey has her mother on her side. Grey’s mom used to dance and talks her father into letting Grey dance. Dancing is a release to Grey. As she gets older and starts to become her own person, she finds she also has a passion for film. Things take a dramatic t
Sara
Aug 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Um.. I just..I don't know. Stripping, crying, puking, and more annoyances from a crap heroine that I wanted to throttle. I was disappointed in this book.

Not only did the heroine suck, the story was all over the place. Mostly this heroine stuttered, cried (and not just tears, full on breakdown on the floor sobbing, a lot)puked, stripped, flirted, then un flirted (yep that's what i said). She was so full of mixed signals I got eye whiplash. She annoyed me to no end.

Dawson was ok. His insta love
Smitten's Book Blog

So, this book came out today. I was sooo excited to read it and I was given my ARC but only just gotten round to reading it. And it did not disappoint. You guys need to go one-click it right now.

I absolutely love Jasinda Wilder. I always love her storytelling, her characters. And this was no exception.

When I found out she was writing a book about a virginal stripper who meets a playboy movie star, I was stoked. What a brilliant premise for a contemporary romance. And I knew Jasinda would execut
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5 Steamy. SEXY. Stripped. STARS!!!

Let me just put it out there.

You want damsel-in-distress? You want a sexy read? You want to cry ugly tears and laugh out of loud at the same time? You want to swoon over a book worthy boyfriend? ....

THEN FUCKING READ STRIPPED!!!

Grey is a classically trained ballet, jazz and contemporary dancer from small town Macon, Georgia. In order to pay for college, Grey becomes a stripper. Dawson is sexy, rich, super famous movie star who meets Grey at the strip club she
Sandra

How did this get from a possible 5 star read to a 3?

Unfortunately i got more reasons than just 1.

But first...
Let me briefly tell you what it's about...

7010892a 0aaa 4805 9694 9bbcd5286b98 zps0ba680d2

Grey is a pastor's daughter, who after her mother's death, gets really sick of her father's lifestyle and the way he controls her life. She wants to do what she wants and feels is right. So against his 'wishes' she rans off to film school in L.A.

However, money is soon running out and so she hasn't got any choice but to strip her way through col
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: jasinda-wilder

I blame me, myself and I for hyping myself up for this book. I really liked the concept and the blurb. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. As I'm reading the book my hope plummets. It failed... BIG TIME . The story was boring, predictable and just blah. The chemistry, if there was any, between the characters...I didn't feel. The whole preachers daughther and movie star/millionare/ex drag racer/man whore...I didn't get. The "love" scenes were not the best but it wasn't the worst. The
Miriam Mathew

Oh, WOW! This book <3

Ever since the start of June, I have been waiting and waiting for this novel to be released. It's safe to say that I've had some very high expectations for this book. It's a very...unusual type of romance but if I thought anyone could pull off a stripper/billionare romance, it was Jasinda Wilder.

Oh, and when I said strip
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This Review was posted at Angie's Dreamy Reads

"A sensuous, erotic and breathtaking romance that breaks molds, shatters thoughts and makes you feel alive. Beautiful. Sinful. Sexy. The perfect read."
- Angie's Dreamy Reads

When I started reading Stripped by Jasinda Wilder I was expecting a hot romance. I mean look at the cover and blurb. It screams hot right? What I did not expect was a sensual, erotic and provocative read that melted my heart with love, romance and heartbreak. It was intense, be
Jamie
FANFUCKINGTASTIC!!!! L-O-V-E-D IT!!

I have a brand spanking new book boyfriend and his name is Dawson Kellor! Don't even think about touching him ladies!

Grey Amundsen grew up as a preachers daughter in Macon, Ga. He suffocated her with his beliefs of sin and hell. He barely let her do anything, thinking anything outside of the Church was a sin. He didn't understand her at all. She grew to hate him for that. She had a great relationship with her mom and that was the only thing that helped her
Ailene♥
Aug 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
I think I’m about to cry. Why do I rarely find good books these days? When I’ve read the plot of this one, I was excited. Grey Amundsen was a college student and due to financial constraints and lack of job availabilities, she succumbed to the only option of becoming an exotic dancer or a stripper. But the thing is, she’s a pastor’s daughter. She’s naïve and a virgin. One night, a high profile celebrity, Dawson Kellor, rented the whole club. He requested for a private dance. And that’s when acco ...more
Jen
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is what I classify as a "feel good," light romance. It had a little bit of angst; but not so much between the couple, more from outside forces. I found it to be slightly "corny" at times when the couple was expressing their feelings to one another. There was sex in this story; but there were times that I felt the details were being described to a simple minded person. The author goes into a vivid description of what a cock looks like, and even an in depth description of a condom's char ...more
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
NEW BOOK FROM JASINDA WILDER!!

BLURB --> So how did I get myself into this situation, you ask? Simple: desperation. When you're faced with being homeless and hungry or taking off your clothes for money, the choice is easier than you'd imagine. That doesn't make it easy, though. Oh no. I hate it, in fact. There's nothing I'd like more than to quit and never go into another bar again, never hear the techno beat pulsing in my ears again, never feel the lecherous gazes of horny men again.

Then, o
Kay
Aug 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Uh, people who really don't like strippers, I guess.
Recommended to Kay by: black lamb
"Hey," I thought, "a romance novel about a stripper. I'm bored, this is relevant to my interests." Except the book came from a friend of mine who clearly knew it was going to be a hot ass mess, which it was, sorry. You might like it if you have a really deep affection for stories where a man appears and fixes literally everything in a helpless girl's life while also boning her senseless, but it's not really much of a convincing romance on either side.

OK, first off: the reason I read this is bec
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

When I was offered the opportunity to buddy read this with one of my Goodreads BFF's SueBee, I jumped at the chance! I loved Ms Wilder's book The Wounded so I had high hopes for another fantastic emotional ride. I got that...but more in the form of a love/hate relationship with the book's cast of characters.

Grey, daughter to a very devout southern Baptist pastor, has lived a very isolated life. She has very few friends and her father limits most activities based on religious views. Her mother
Patrycja
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, reviewed

I was really excited to start Stripped and even more giddy after I dove into it and found out that it was nothing I expected it to be, because it was even better! Sexy, passionate and enjoyable Stripped is a story that stoked me. Fantastic concept with great twist plus perfect writing made me love it! What’s not to adore in sensual story of survival and love?

Grey’s a pastor’s daughter who was sheltered all her life. Never touched and kissed, completely pure, Grey was raised to believe sex is sin
Catarina
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Dancing Stars!!

description

Grey has a dream. She wants to be a dancer. She wants to spend her life doing what she loves the most: losing herself in the music and in the moment and simply dance.

description

Unfortunately, being the daughter of a very rigid and old-fashioned pastor who doesn’t agree with that kind of lifestyle, she has to go away on her own and make a life for herself with the help of nobody.
So she ends up doing something like this so she can live:

In one of those nights she meets, Dawson, famous Holly
CC
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
So based on my comments from 2 years ago ("I enjoyed it! Totally not realistic, but a sweet, fun story!") and my 4 stars I liked this. I also did not mind NA much then. Well what a difference two years make!

I still enjoyed the story somewhat. But the heroine drove me CRAZY! She cried in about every two scenes. I think she vomited in every 4. Aside from her constant crying, she was so naïve and sheltered. I cannot totally enjoy a story anymore when the heroine is that annoying.

The hero was ok. A
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story really did captivate me in every way possible...

So loving, caring, and endearing in every possible way!

~Mindy Lynn~
Aug 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
The story can be shortly summed up:

Virgin preacher daughter:
virgin gifs photo: Community - Virgin Unicorns tumblr_m5natn91R11rqrf25o1_500_zps50a31bf4.gif
This is neither refreshing nor annoying. It’s is pretty common in these NA books. So I have become use to it with a roll of the eyes and a moving on gesture. But she is EXTREMELY NAÏVE and that I found THAT completely annoying.

Then something awful happens:
tragic gifs photo: That's Just Tragic Glee-Santana-ThatsJustTragic.gif
The tragedy isn’t shocking and I really wanted to feel some kind of emotion for her, but none of that happened. It was pretty obvious from the get go that it was going to happen so
Tough Critic Book Reviews
I totally have and STD...

Star ratings are like a pair of really big tits; sometimes that's all people see. As a reviewer, that makes my job really hard. Really, really hard. Readers see a a three star book and assume the worst, but by assuming not only do they christen the world an ass; they have the potential of missing out on something pretty spectactular. Stripped was a good book, but lately "good" has somehow become synonymous with "bad".

Flow with me here; my three star rating means absolute
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Well what to say......... sadly I didn't really like it. I never felt like I connected with the characters. There were actually so many things I didn't like about this book. More so than I liked. I really love this author she has written some amazing books however this book didn't live up to her high standards. I wouldn't recommend it in fact I would suggest you skip it.
Zizz
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
To be honest, it was one star for the entire book and I added the extra star because the steamy scenes were hot.

Ever heard of the Formula Rossa Roller Coaster in the Ferrari World Theme Park in Abu Dhabi? It's the fastest roller coaster in the world that accelerates from 0-240km/hr in 4.9seconds, 0 -100km/h in 2sec. That's exactly my experience in reading this book. This practically took insta-love into new heights.

Look Jasinda Wilder writes well. It's the story progression that left a lot to
Salima Bensalah
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
I wanted to read something different so I thought I would give this book a go.

As you could guess from the title and cover, Stripped is about a young college student named Grey Amundsen who needs a job to pay for her education fees. Apparently nobody else is hiring at the moment and Grey ends up working as a part-time stripper in order to help finance herself. One day, a rich millionaire walks in and is infatuated by her dancing moves. Surprise, surprise, he is also involved in the production com
black lamb
Aug 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
"No daughter of mine will engage in any such lewd and sinful behavior as dancing," Daddy says to me, his blue eyes blazing. "It is gross and immodest and entirely sexual. I've seen the kind of dancing those...those harlots engage in at that so-called academy. You will not attend."

OMG, y'all! I'm so excited to read this novelization of the 1984 classic, Footloose!

[image error]

Oh... oh, it's not? But... but the mom even echoes Kevin Bacon's speech later on the same page: "David danced before the L
Sarah's Book Blog
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5+ Stars!

"My name is Grey Amundsen. But Grey, she doesn't exist in here, in this slimy, smoky, sex-hazed hole. In here, I'm Gracie."

AMAZING...again! Jasinda Wilder is by far one of my favorite authors. Everything she writes instantly becomes a favorite. They are so different, alluring and pull me in. I fall in love with the characters, I feel like I know them, I feel as if I'm in her stories watching these characters from above. They take me to a new place th
excited! 12 129 Sep 12, 2014 08:44PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Stripped by Jasinda Wilder, Restarting January 23rd 2014 50 54 Jan 28, 2014 02:07PM
For the love of H...: Now that's what I am talking about 1 4 Sep 17, 2013 10:16AM
Some Like It Hot!: Books like Stripped by Jasinda Wilder 1 47 Sep 09, 2013 08:51PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Can I Borrow Stripped by Jasinda Wilder 2 20 Aug 27, 2013 04:43PM
Buddy-read this weekend! 104 92 Aug 19, 2013 06:20PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Stripped 4 12 Aug 19, 2013 01:58PM
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Seduce (Beautiful Rose, #1)
  • The Missionary
  • The Art of Love
  • Conflict (Control, #2)
  • Painted Lines
  • Unexpected Angel (Isthmus Alliance, #1)
  • Search Me
  • Destined to Succeed (Destined, #2)
  • Private Message (Private, #1)
  • Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans, #1)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires (How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires, #1-3)
  • Fear of Falling (Fearless, #1)
  • Frontline
  • Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY, WALL STREET JOURNAL and international bestselling author Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. Her bestselling titles include ALPHA, STRIPPED, WOUNDED, and the #1 Amazon and international bestseller FALLING INTO YOU. You can find her on her farm in Northern Michigan with her husband, author Jack Wilder, ...more

Stripped (2 books)
  • Trashed (Stripped, #2)
“I want to kiss you whenever I feel like it. I want to tell you when you’re being ridiculous. I want to make love to you. I want to fuck you. I want to hold you. I want to be yours.” 30 likes
“You’re so fucking gloriously gorgeous that I literally cannot stand it. I’m having to remind myself to keep breathing, because you take my breath away.” 16 likes