Start by marking “Honey” as Want to Read:
Honey

Read Book

Honey

Then things go supernatural, paranormal, and everything in-between! Soon Honey is confronted by a colorful parade of ghosts,
Published July 29th 2013 by Spectacle Publishing Media Grou (first published July 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honey

Start your review of Honey
Scott Spotson
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it

I really wanted to love this book. Cover, just beautiful and a gem. Tea - I love tea, my favourite activity involving a drink - I like making chai tea every few days, with cardamom seeds, cinnamon sticks, and authentic Indian looseleaf tea that you can only find in specialty Indian grocery stores. Then, pour in milk and simmer. Plus, I love fantasy, especially the whimsical kind, just like Alice in Wonderland (a perennial favourite) and The Phantom Tollbooth (which I found to be quite i
Kelly Kobayashi
‘Her constant mental sidetracks caused even worse trouble when it came to her love life. In fact, her most recent companion’s final straw came that night in the form of a poorly timed Albanian translation…’

This is a vivid, fast-faced read! Honey is a lovable, scatterbrained barista at a trendy indie beverage shop. All in one day, her job, her family, her future, her love-life, and her literal-life are all thrown into jeopardy by the furious haunting of a ghost who calls herself Pearl.

I found th
Nanon Smith
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Honey was a treasure to read. It has been a long time since an author has been able to pull me into higher mythical realms. Lyke has succeeded by artfully and poetically connecting higher philosophical concepts to create a tasteful, realistic fantasy story.

Honey’s passive attempt at life is interrupted abruptly by higher, spiritual entities that force her to make major choices that change the course of her life. Honey isn’t looking for anything, but becomes an essential player in a much larger
Angi Gray
It's not fair for me to make a review without saying that I am the editor for this book. Having said that, I loved the entire concept from the moment I read the query, and it easily qualifies as one of my favorite books as a reader. Contemporary mythology is not a common find, and it was a refreshing alternate to the usual fantasy books.

Alison's passion on the subject of mythology is apparent in her note to the reader, "About Honey", included in the book:

"My father was an artist but mythology an
Liz Duggan
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
A fan of mythology/fantasy/novels, I was fascinated and impressed with "Honey"'s concept. The author has come up with an original story with an interesting premise that dances between "real" and other worlds. My interest was held throughout as I wondered how the story would be resolved.

The author is talented, without question. The sticking points for me were character reactions that seemed out of place with the story's action, with plot points that seemed less-than-carefully placed and sometimes
Ningamma
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I must admit that I took undertook the reading of this book with a skeptical mindset. It has been many years since a story was able to garner my attention. Its not that i don't enjoy reading. I just lose interest around the second chapter, which is usually where i figure out the plot. That was defiantly NOT the case with "Honey". I could not put it down. Literally! I picked it up and did not put it down until I was done. The book was amazing. Alison Lyke shared just enough of her underlying them ...more
Erin Benton
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed Honey, I found it quite gripping. While mythology isn't my usual, preferred genre, this modern take on it was very interesting! I was never entirely sure what to expect and the mystery of it all kept me on my toes. Overall I think it was a great book.
Melissa ownsbey
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
good great book loved it the cover was good to
katherine maggi
Jul 12, 2014
Kindle Unlimited ...: Enchanting Modern Mythology 1 4 May 26, 2018 11:12AM
Read for Free with Kindle Unlimited 1 1 May 26, 2018 11:00AM
Now Available 1 3 Jul 30, 2013 11:36AM
Alison is a fantasy and science fiction author and professor with a Master’s degree in creative writing. Her debut novel, a modern mythology titled Honey, was published in 2013.

She lives in Rochester, New York with her partner Jon-Paul and two sons, Jonah and Isaac. When not reading or writing, Alison enjoys spending time in nature, practicing meditation and yoga, and playing video games.

News & Interviews