Start by marking “Inevitable” as Want to Read:
Inevitable

Inevitable

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  698 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Thanks to her mother’s unstable moods and knack for making bad decisions, seventeen year old Maddie Davis has never lived in one place long enough to remember its postcode. A life spent running and caring for her wayward mother has turned British-born Maddie into the strong, outspoken and independent girl she is today – if not a little lonely. This time, running away is a ...more
Paperback, First, 378 pages
Published June 2013 by Createspace (first published May 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Inevitable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inevitable

✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
This book was

photo amazing-gif.gif

I am so happy to have first 5 stars read after a long time *happy dance*

photo tumblr_m5oi88bMEa1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

The story is simply so beautiful made my heart cry and smile. An emotional and heartbreaking read, but it felt so good!

photo tumblr_miwf1uBxgc1s5h9x0o1_500.gif

Blaine was "utterly, jaw dropping gorgeous" with tattoos (sucker) and he is also quarterback. A hot bad boy image he has.

photo TheOCUndertowS3_18.jpg

Enter Maddie, a girl from England, whose mother is running away. Well, her mother has issues. And Maddie is used to taking care of her mother.

photo tumblr_mnb77hp6qF1sqf0yqo3_1280.jpg

Maddie's mother and Blain
Alex
Dec 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
I set myself up for the inevitable. (see what I did there?)

I didn't have extremely high hopes for the book, I thought it would be funny, even if the plot was shit. But no. I didn't even get laughter while reading this completely fucked up novel.

I can handle to an extent, the rape aspect in books. I can handle getting the shit beat out of the main character by a parent. I can. But there's an extent to which I can handle, and this book surpassed that amount.

I'm aware that things like this happen
Keya
It started off great.... and then I don't know what happened.

We had the poor girl, rich broody 'bad boy' guy trope. I don't mind that as long as it's done in a way that I enjoy. So Maddie moves from England to LA abruptly. She's in a new 'private' school paid by her mother's long lost friend, Trudy. She then meets Trudy's new family and her step-son. Blaine. And so starts their story. She goes to school with him; she gets bullied (they're awful) he protects her although he wants to stay away fr
Alison
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the kind of book you pick up and hope for the best, kind of like Jay McLean's More Than This, and then you were so happy you did, because you just can't believe how good it was.

First, lets start with that this book was a page turner, I couldn't put it down.
Second, great characters all around!
Third, loved the dual POV's. Needed it and it worked perfectly.
Fourth, just the right amount of steam to make me happy.
Fifth, the perfect amount of angst.
Sixth, lov
Jessica's Book Review
Read More Reviews | Find Me on Facebook

Inevitable by Nicola Haken immediately peaked my interested just by reading the synopsis. I knew it would be a somewhat deep book based on the synopsis but I had no idea just how deep and emotional the story would be, especially with the character Blaine. Once I started I couldn’t put the book down hoping somehow a happy ending could be found. I also was not expecting the huge shock that happened about 50% in… wow!!

Inevitable is about 17 year-old Maddie.
Keeley
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Maybe I am a little biased because I am lucky enough to know the author personally but I am absolutely putting this down as one of my best reads this year!

Inevitable has everything I love in a book – angst, secrets, twists, steam, a smoking hot book boyfriend. It is intense, heart breaking and at times hilarious – what more could you need?

I loved Maddie from the start. Despite completely missing out on any sort of a childhood she has still grown up to be a strong, confident, quick-witted and se
Karen Peacock
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a beautiful book filled with young love, pain and ultimately finding what happiness is all about and what really matters in life. I fell in love completely with Blaine and Maddie. Their sexual chemistry is so strong throughout the book and keeps you wanting to read more.

Blaine is your typical football playing jock that is popular with all the students. All of the girls just swoon when he is near, but he is hiding a secret. Maddie has been moved all over the place by her erratic mom. She
Courtney
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have become a huge fan of Nicola Haken in this past year. Her writing just speaks to me and I just find myself getting so wrapped up her in stories.

This book made my heart, cry, bleed and smile. The story is unbelievably heart wrenching but it so well written, that’s what makes it beautiful.

“We’re like two missing pieces of the same broken puzzle, lish”

That perfectly explains Blaine and Maddie and their friendship/relationship.

I won’t rehash what the blurb tells you – that’s it’s purpose
Roni Guzman
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing. The love between Maddie and Blaine is so strong. My heart broke for Blaine because of his father treated him. His dad was a monster. Maddie never gave up on Blaine and I think this is the only thing that kept him alive. I laughed, got mad, and then freakin cried. I started the book last night and couldn't put down until completely done. This is a love story but both characters suffer a hard life, but the strength they both had was heartbreaking. A beautiful story and worth ...more
Paige
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-4-5-stars
This book was great. The storyline is not for the faint heart, both characters have major family issues. Some parts were very emotional and sad to read. Loved Blaine, he was a sweetie and my heart broke for him. Maddie was a very strong young lady, it was quite shocking what she had to handle. This book had a lot of sick and twisted drama but it was written well and a story that was difficult to put down. The ending was a bit rushed but I felt complete with how it all turned out.
Lisa stephenson
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
wow what a book, not what I had expected, this was a great book, but warning there are parts that has some dark issues and it will have you in a turmoil of emotions.
Chu
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

PURCHASE IT ►►► AMAZON

I was almost half way through the book when it start to give me the chills.

some_text

Then when I started putting pieces together...

some_text

Just when I thought it was 'just that', Nicola Haken managed to drop another bomb...

some_text

And just before the book ended...

some_text

If I had one word to describe this book, it would be WOW. Because I honestly thought those warnings at the blurb wasn't really that much, I haven't prepared myself until I was struggling through the p
Michelle
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok so here goes my first attempt at a review!

I really enjoyed this book. It contained all of my favourite things - teenage angst, love and heartbreak and a broken boy! I laughed my a*se off at times... bawled my eyes out in others. By the end of the story I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

Right, the characters.

I thought Maddie was fun. The kind of girl you'd love to have as a best friend. She was strong and feisty and took no BS from anyone. She never dwelled on her past or thought she was h
Jessica
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Damaged-&-Beautiful-Stars! ☆☆☆☆☆
I loved this book! I am on a Nicola-Haken-Book-Reading-Binge! Every book is jam-packed with romance, secrets, betrayal and so much emotion, my heart almost cant handle it, ...almost. ;) And this book tore up my heart just like all the others.
There is something for everyone in this book! If you like romance? Read this book. If you like suspense and the trill of not knowing whats going to happen next? Read this book. If you like secrets and books that keep y
Annapoorna
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
The Storyline
Maddie Davis has just moved from England and is starting a new posh private school. Enter Blaine Elwood, the star football player, rich as Croesus, manwhore extraordinary who babysits Maddie during her first day. Maddie's life has had its share of ups and downs( more downs I would say) but she has come out of them. Blaine instantly falls for Maddie, his English cutie! But will he confront his feelings for Maddie and will he make her his at last?

The Characters
Maddie - She is an exemp
Angela Ruble Scott
This is my 5 star review for Missing Pieces by Nicola Haken for Eskimo Princess Book Reviews.

Missing Pieces is about Maddie, a young, British girl who has had to leave the UK with her mom in order to move to the United States. Maddie is very mature for her age. She has had a rough time moving constantly as long as she can remember. She just wants to get her schooling done so she can move on with her adult life. What will happen when she arrives in the US and meets her mom’s friend Trudy’s family
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
I am really loving Nicola's books! Such a great author! I totally get sucked into the story lines and the characters. I felt so much heart ache for Blain. To know what's coming if you don't follow the rules has to be scary. I just can't believe the extent that his father would take it. I just wish Blain could have done something about it sooner so he wouldn't have had to go through so much pain.

I also can't imagine how hard it was for Maddie while growing up. I would hate to have to go through
Jenna
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I'm a little loss for words... This book took a turn I didn't expect, even though it broke my heart it made the book better. Different. I never expected Blaine's secrets to be what they were. I can't breathe thinking about it!

Maddie is swept up and moved to a new country by her mom. Her mom has some serious issues and Maddie has had to grow up fast to take care of her. With that being said, you can tell her mom loves her. And I think she moves them to America for them both. Anyways, her mom's o
Elizabeth Horbaczek
4 stars

She maybe my newest favorite author. This is the second book I have read from this author in a week, and I loved it. Her style of writing is great. I truly enjoyed everything about this book. Blaine, even though he thinks he's weak, I think he is the strongest character in this book. He takes so much from every which way I don't know how he is surviving. Maddie, another strong character, has so much drama in her life and it is only starting. The secondary characters are just as strong and
Lisa
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Missing Pieces by Nicola Haken is a beautiful book about love and lies and perseverance.

Blaine is the popular jock that everyone likes but no one really ever gets close to.

Maddie has arrived in town, the latest stop on a long list of places her and her mom have lived in. Being from England and suddenly thrust into school in the United States she is treated like an outcast.

This is the second book I've read by author Nicola Haken and it was great, AGAIN! I moved here in high school from England, b
Cathy
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is not for the faint at heart. There was so much going on with everyone in this book but, it was so well written that you didn't feel over whelmed or lost.

Blaine is the hot football Quarterback that all girls want and of course he's known as the school slut that will sleep with anyone just once.

Maddie is the sweet very outspoken British girl that cusses up a storm and has a comeback for most everyone and their snide comments to her.

I was so happy that Blaine and Maddie found each ot
Jen Turner
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heart-breakingly beautiful story that sucked me in at the first page and kept me there until the end.

Missing pieces took me on an emotional roller coaster, it had me laugh out loud, made me full on ugly cry, made my heart sing and also gave me parts that had me horrified at the truly horrific things that happen to some of the characters.

The book is beautifully written, daring to tackle serious issues head on in a story that flows brilliantly throughout. It is full of twists, turns and shocks t
politetemper
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
DNF. I just couldn't, Maddie was annoying tf outta me. She just got on my nerves, it's not that I didn't like her- actually I didn't like her. I don't know, maybe its just me but I found her too annoying, she just did things that got on my nerves. She would say she wouldn't do something, then after all her crying and whatever she does it anyway. She acts like a bitch in heat with Blaine! And seriously BLAINE? Really, I did not like him. I thought he was a straight up jerk from the begin
Tina Stadig-Lewis

Another WOW!

Nicola has such an enduring way of writing about raw issues! I can not help but love her books.

Maddie is 17, she has never really had a true home because her and her mum were always on the move. Mum was always running from whatever she had gotten into at the time. This move was different, instead of staying in the UK she is in the US, California.

Blaine is the star quarterback, rich, confident bad boy or at least that is how he appears. He has walls built up so no one can know who
Cat Rhodes
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Blaine and Maddie were amazing. After what the poor guy went through, to come out of it so strong and well put together, he deserves a freaking meddle of honour or something. I loved how he was all cocky and arrogant at the beginning, then started to see that tin man really did have a heart. And his heart was falling deeply in love with the British bulldog, Maddie. It took a while for them to finally sort things out and after him hurting her countless times, she s ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is my third book by this author and I just love her books.
This is the story of Blaine and Maddie. Both have had a nightmare childhood. They are such strong characters yet need a friend at times. This book had me cringing at times. I look at my 17 year old and think there is no way she could handle what is thrown at Blaine and Maddie.
Loved the storyline and the shocks the author throws at me through this book.
Totally recommend this stand alone book.
Received in return for an honest review
Jenny Watson
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional rollercoaster much???

I was most definitely not expecting this story to get so dark. It started off being hilarious, even though it was clear Blaine was having some pretty intense struggles at home. I just didn't expect them to be SO intense. My heart broke in two at times and I can't deny I felt a little uncomfortable at others. But I was truly gripped and couldn't have put it down without knowing if Maddie and Blaine ended up happy.

Great read.
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Missing Pieces is a gripping story from the very beginning.

It is just so beautiful and poignant.

I devoured it in one day. I couldnt stop reading it.

The book takes you on an emotional rollercoaster journey that you will be thinking about days after you finish it.

You are simply enraptured with every single page.

A MUST MUST READ.

≧◔◡◔≦ 5 ✰ read ≧◉◡◉≦

>>>ARC received in exchange for an honest review<<<
Caroline Lindkvist
This was my second book by the amazing author Nicola Haken. I really love her books! I went into Missing Pieces with a clear head and without any expectations, and I loved it.... I was angry, I wanted to kill someone, I cried....I didn't want to finish the book at times, but I'm glad I did! Love the characters, especially Maddie and Blaine! They are in my heart!!! ❤
So THANK YOU Nicola for bringing these story's and keep going!!!!! ❤
Elyse
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for a fast-page-turning-'can't put down novel....
Well written?
(I didn't read this book 'expecting' rich quality writing)

I enjoyed The Young British girl (Maddie) ---Favorite character!

The story was mostly predictable -- (yet I liked it anyway)!

Where can I get my hands on some Maltesers English Chocolates? (curious) lol
  • Without Doubt (Without, #2)
  • Clouds in My Coffee (Limbo, #2)
  • Sins of September (September, #1)
  • Keeping Secrets
  • By My Side
  • Lifelong Love: When You Know Better, You Do Better. (Book 1)
  • Forever With You (Silver State)
  • Sarah Mine
  • Shattered Soul
  • Play Me (Love Me, #2)
  • Life After Taylah
  • I Stand Before You (Judge Me Not, #1)
  • Lifers
  • Fall from Love
  • A Risk Worth Taking (Grayson County, #1)
  • Pieces of Me
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Faithless
Author of MM Romance.

I live in not-so-sunny Rochdale, England (true northern girl!) with my five kids - one of whom many refer to as my husband. I write about life, and love, and all the beauty and angst that come with them.

All in all I'm just an ordinary gal with an addiction to reading, tattoos, and Pepsi Max. I don't like even numbers or metal spoons, and I'm allergic to exercise.

Please note