Start by marking “Crash and Burn (The Men of Crash, Fire and Rescue #1)” as Want to Read:
Crash and Burn (The Men of Crash, Fire and Rescue #1)

Crash and Burn

(The Men of Crash, Fire and Rescue #1)

The marines of Crash, Fire and Rescue wait at the end of the flightlines, racing to the rescue when a military jet crashes. They’re first on the scene. First to put out the flames. And first to fight to pull an injured pilot from the burning wreckage. Dane Roberts loves his job - but he never expected his latest rescue to be a blast from his own past.

Military pilot Laura J

Published June 19th 2013 by Anne Marsh

To ask other readers questions about Crash and Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crash and Burn

Caro
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, contemporary
This was a good short read. (A good surprise for a freebie) I loved the characters and the story line. This is something I would enjoy reading again. I liked the rush, steaminess, emotions, and the ending. Although I would've liked it to be longer this is great for an anytime pick-me-up read. There was some meat to it and a great steamy scene to whet the appetite. I would like to read more in this series too. Fun, sexy, a little finger-gripping, and sweet. Enjoy!
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

This one may be a quick read, but the characters are developed enough for you to feel connected to them and there is a bit of a storyline. The sex is hot, it's a nice lunch read novella.

di9girl
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sorry, just a little too short for me. I know it's advertised as such but it all happened so fast.
Jackie
Sep 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Didn't like it so I didn't bother to finish it.
Helen Ladbrook
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
What can i say it was ok. needs more rescuing and less sex, and cheesy romance stuff.
Char (1RadReader59)
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dane Roberts and his crew receive a rescue call from the airport. Pilot in trouble. They move into action, he and his men had spent countless hours training for moments just like this. Crash, Fire, and Rescue, was proud of what they did and good at it.
This night they prayed for the best but expected the worst, that’s how they stayed prepared and trained. This night felt different for Dane, little did he know it would be. The bird that crashed and in which the ace pilot they were told was a hot
Carole Rae
Feb 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
This was a short story...and I had to keep reminding myself of this.
Even though this was a short story, I have to shake my head at the quick make-up romance. Dane and Laura had a quick fling in High School. I'm glad that the author had them have a crush on each other beforehand. After this fling, though, Laura Jo ran off without a word. Yes, I get that her father abused her, but it was kinda rude to abandon Dane. He liked her and she liked him. I would have been MAD if that happened to me. I do
Sati Marie Frost
Now THIS is how to write a short story!

I've read several shorts in the last day or two, and this is the only one that's had characters that felt fully (or almost-fully) fleshed out, like real people. I'd still like to have known more about Dane and Laura Jo, but we got to know enough here for me to really be rooting for them.

The ending seemed a little abrupt, but the story in general was lovely.

The only other nitpick I (might) have is that I'm not entirely sure what Dane's job is. His team - wh
Elisa
Jul 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Steamy short read.
I liked it, but it was so short it really didn't leave much space for some kind of story to build.
We got to know the characthers and Dane for sure I bet would be your favourite. He's the big, dependable, good boy you just cannot hate, even if he annoys you a bit for how perfect he can sometimes be.
What we didn't really get was some sort of reason as to why Laura is behaving like she is...We know she left Dane suddenly have a one-night-stand at the end of highschool to escape h
Pam H
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2x, z2014, nook, novella
Dane Roberts is in the Crash, Fire and Rescue division of the Marines. He and his crew race to save the pilots and crew of aircraft crashing at his base. The last person he expects to pull out of a fiery wreckage is Laura Jo Dawson - his dream girl from high school. He still can't get over that after they made love on the last night of school that she could walk away - he was hoping it was the beginning of something that could last forever.

This is a very quick read - believable, dialogue is smoo
Kay
Nov 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I don't even think you could call this a novella. It was a very short story.

Dane and Laura Jo went to high school together. He was the football hero and she was the girl from the wrong side of the tracks. They slept together and the Laura Jo left town for different life. She became a pilot with the Armed Forces and Dane is a rescue worker. He rescues Laura Jo from a crash and the two reconnect.

This story was okay for a start to a series. I wished there was more to it but it is what it is. Cute
Jo-Anne
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Anne Marsh did a nice job on this novella. Though I would have liked it to be longer, this is a great quick read.

Dane and Laura Jo knew each other in high school and meet again many years later when they are both in the marines. They start their romance again. Good story line but with a longer book we could have found out more about the characters and their jobs, which would have been nice.

I liked this quick story enough to want to read more in this series.
Jane
Marine, Dane Roberts of the Fire, Crash and Burn Unit moves to a crashed plane to pull the pilot out before it explodes. He finds Laura Jo, his high school sweetheart and pulls her free just in time. Three months later after she heals she visits him with a thank-you beer but he is looking for more... Crash and Burn is a hot story about Marines that live with danger and play hard while still being good guys.
N. Kuhn
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uniform-men
As always, I'm loving Anne Marsh. Her books are hot, steamy and who doesn't love a little fire thrown in? This one is a Crash Response Team on an Air Force Base. Rescuing the one who got away when he was in high school, Dane falls right back into Laura Jo's spell. This heated reunion between the two was a steamy was to pass the afternoon. The con? Well, it sucks that it's so short. I want more of these two!
Danielle
May 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Danielle by: Free ebook on Amazon.com
Shelves: anne-marsh
Dane Roberts is a Marine Crash and Rescue Soldier as a plane crashes he rushes to save the pilots life. He finds that it Laura Jo Dawson, a girl from his high school which they had a one night stand on the last day of high school. Laura Jo comes to Dane to thank him for rescuing her and things heat up for the two of them.

This is a very short story and would have liked to hear more about the characters and story. Not much of a plot.
Sophia
Reunion type romance. Backdrop was cool with female pilot and fire rescue guy. Dane was great hero material, but Laura needed time to develop. Her past made her who she was, but this little clip left me not really into her. There were some errs like fratting between officer and enlisted and calling marines 'soldier's. All in all, it was a hot little teaser.
Ana
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-ebooks
Julie Kirby
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good quick Hot read!

Laura Jo and Dane, old high school sweethearts, both working in the military, she is a pilot, he is in Crash, fire and rescue.

They were each other's firsts! But an unfortunate crash brings them back together, they make peace with each other!
Darcy
Jul 30, 2013 rated it liked it
For a few pages this one packed a lot in and left me wanting more. I want more of Laura and why she can't even imagine more with Dane, and more of Dane and why Laura never really left his mind. I hope at some point they can get their HEA.
Ronda Bearden
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute short story I was left a little disappointed. I thought there could have been a little more given to the end of the story. Over all I would read more of Anne Books she keeps you engaged in the story. The ending to this short story lives you hanging and wanting to know more.
Elise Heness
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic, I believe this would be called a novella, although, it was perfect, I wanted it to keep going.. Ahhhh hell, woowee!! Must read!
teresasmith
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from Anne Marsh! Absolutely loved it!
Raeline Peterson
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Was a great short story, wish it was longer.
Ellen
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-r-c-g
Crash and burn is a short and sweet read.
It's only 21 pages long. Only took about 20 min. To read.
I got it free at all romance.
Greeneyes Belle28
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good
Hildegart
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Too short. :-( Plus too cliché. Gave it three instead of two stars because it is a short story and I tend to be a little more lenient with them.
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Laud.... I hope this is just a teaser for the real thing because just as going gets started bam.... it ends.

Going to keep an eye out for more....
Hillary
Short military quickie

Very short and choppy quickie. though the story was a little choppy it has a good promise to be a steamy fiery series.
Chantelle Larson
Nice little novella. For being 30 pages there was quite a bit packed in here. not as good as a full length but keeps up pretty well.
Janet Juengling-Snell
I liked this very short but fun, interesting book. It had a great story, wish it had been longer and more developed. Would have made for a awesome book.

• Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Dance With Me (The Everetts of Tyler #1)
  • After The Ashes
  • Wounded (Aspen, #0.5)
  • Beneath the Fire (Guardians, #1.5)
  • Cat Snips
  • Watching Her (Watching Her, #1)
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • Being Delightful
  • Dress Up Your Teddy (Her Teddy Bear, #3)
  • Sunny Days Ahead (The Cowboys of Black Mountain)
  • Earth Moves (Island Guardians #1)
  • Conquering Zeus (SEALs On Fire, #7)
  • One Night In Reno
  • SEALed With A Kiss: Heroes With Heart
  • Chocolate Covered Billionaire Navy SEAL
  • Sea of Dreams
  •  Angel on Fire (Angel Investigations)
After ten years of graduate school and too many degrees, Anne Marsh escaped to become a technical writer. When not planted firmly in front of the laptop translating Engineer into English, Anne enjoys gardening, running (even if it’s just to the 7-11 for slurpees), and reading books curled up with her kids. The best part of writing romance, however, is finally being able to answer the question: “So ...more