Start by marking “Only for You (Unforgettable You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Only for You (Unforgettable You, #1)

Only for You

(Unforgettable You #1)

Alternate title & cover - ISBN13: 9780983800651.

College freshman Olivia Montgomery is thrilled at the chance to start over, escape the rumors that plagued her in high school. And she can finally put her juvenile crush, Zachary Pearson, where he belongs--in her past. Then her unrequited love strolls into her French class, shattering Olivia's newfound peace, and the feel
Published by Season Publishing LLC (first published December 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Only for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only for You

Rose
This is going to be a short review, but I cannot begin to say how disappointed I am with this book.

I picked up Beverley Kendall's "When in Paris..." looking for a refreshing read and I think the moment I hit about page 16 or 17, I realized what the problem with the narrative was - the style of the writing. It did not work for the story at all - it was mostly telling, not showing, and none of the characters were identifiable. Their voices didn't feel authentic, the only thing that really defined
Dabney
Jan 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally published at Dear Author.

Dear Ms.Kendall:

For the past week, I've had seven New Adults staying in our house--my four, my eldest's girlfriend, a good friend of his from college, and a visiting Australian. The New Adult world you write about in When in Paris not only has nothing to do with how New Adults actually behave, it's also a whole lot duller than New Adult reality. (Although there does appear to be less arguing over whose turn it is to unload the dishwasher.)

The h
Ann
This was an unusual bk for me. I’m glad I persevered because I almost chucked it. It was S-L-O-W to start, the first half was a struggle and although this is considered a NA read (H/h college freshmen, sexual detail) it read a bit young and more like YA. A lot of juvenile game playing – The H/h looking/not looking at each other, misunderstandings on who did/didn’t like each other. When the bk finally picked up I had a hard time keeping the older age in mind. I did like the alternating POV’s, and ...more
Maida
This book was "okay"... I didn't "hate" it, so I won't write a scathing review. There were a few parts of the novel that I DID like, but there were even more parts that left me feeling indifferent. At times, the writing was choppy & lacked fluidity.... Furthermore, the novel ended somewhat abruptly, & in my opinion, the story seemed "unfinished." *2.5/5 stars (at most)*
Lynn
Kindle cheapie
This book wasn't my thing. It's mostly pages upon pages of the lusty bodily reactions and thoughts between the two main characters to and about each other. Their relationship felt pretty shallow so I never got a sense of very much besides lust between the two of them. I also get bored by page after page of the beauty and perfectness of both of the two's looks (and all of their friends are exceptional looking as well apparently). In real life- everyone one in the world doesn't go co
Emily
Olivia Montgomery is looking forward to her freshman year in college, getting away from the bullying she incurred in high school. Her first class she cannot believe it when she sees Zach Pearson, football star and hottie. For a reason she could never explain, Zach hated her, she is not sure why but it always bugged her. Looks like college will be the same though as Zach sees right through her with a grim look on his face.

Zach has his reasons for keeping Olivia at a distance. When they are throw
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

Over the last few months, I’ve enjoyed a few young adult and new adult books which to be honest surprises me. I hardly fit the demographic for these stories and I didn’t even enjoy them when I was the demographic, but perhaps the story lines are better now or perhaps my age has given me perspective, whatever the case I find myself intrigued by this genre. When In Paris is the first book in the Language of Love series and it is a stel
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of When In Paris... from Season Publishing via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

This and other reviews can also be found on my blog (un)Conventional Boookviews all my reviews are originally posted on my blog.

Only For You is a typical romance, with complications that don't really have anything to do with the main characters. Olivia is a beautiful young woman, used to having boys chasing after her - all the boys apart from the one she wants. Zach has something again
Katie(babs)
Fan of college age New Adult will enjoy this one. For the most part it was okay but I felt the only reason the hero and heroine connected is because of their lust for one another. They constantly had internal monologues about how much they wanted one another. There was no real emotional connection even when they do get together.

There's some drama thrown into the mix just to shake up the story that I felt wasn't really needed and made me lower my grade, especially a secret the hero knows about re
Anne OK
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Pretty typical of the NA genre's college football player and the sweet little virgin trope. Both, of course, are carrying backpacks full of angst, secrets and hormones! There's a side trip to Paris that upped the thrill of romance. Definitely not a love or hate category. It's just run-of-the-mill and nothing I could not have lived without reading.

This book is the first in the series that continues with secondary cast members moving into the starring roles. I'm undecided as to whether or not I'l
Aretha melina
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beverley Kendall, has wowed me once again with this romantic and oh so sensual tale of two college kids who fight against the sexual inuendos they have towards each other.
It's like an emotional tug of war that keeps you engaged until the end.

The sexual tension and loves scenes certainly got my pulse pounding over and over again. All those delicious flutters and this story reminded me a lot of what it felt a teenager...ah, teen love *sigh*
Anne Leigh
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
When I wrote Love Unexpected, I thought of a sweet guy who loved a girl no matter what. Well this book is reminiscent of that. I love sweet stories! I believe that love is supposed to be that way. Beverley Kendall has been one of my favorite authors since forever. So yes,I loved anything she writes. But this one, I had read and re-read MANY times!
Lara
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
You can't expect a book like this to be realistic or original or to have a higher value. However this was exactly what I needed: a fun, hot and easy read. It made me read through the night and forget everything. I won't say this novel is flawless cause it's not. Some things are annoying and everything's quite superficial and all but that's nothing new for a NA romance, right? So yeah, I quite enjoyed this novel.
Emily
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mature Young Adults/Adult Women
Recommended to Emily by: Beverley Kendall
FIRST READS

Beverley Kendall generously gave me an e-book version of her new novel, When in Paris in return for an unbiased and genuine review.

This is the first book of 2013 that I've read. I started the evening of 1/1 and finished up early afternoon of 1/2. This was a fantastic way to start off my New Year.

Beverley Kendall, has wowed me once again with this very sensualicious (my term)tale of two college kids who fight against the sexual lure they have with each other. It's like an emotional cat
Musing
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: one-of-the-best
Beverley Kendall's 'When in Paris' - WOW! What a book!! One that I devoured and was so engrossed in, which is unusual for its Young Adult genre. It was humorous, had spunky characters, emotional highs and lows, strong character development, sizzling moments, and was just a downright, fabulous story!

Gorgeous and feisty Olivia Montgomery was happy to leave her High School years well behind her, starting afresh at an upstate New York University. She had yet to decide her major, understandably, sti
Desere
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading a New Adult Novel and I will be very honest and say that I was not expecting too much purely because I prefer my characters to be older, wiser and more experienced. I already knew that Beverley Kendall is a brilliant author and if anyone could pull it off it would be her, so I figured it is worth a try.

I was pleasantly surprised, the book had flare and a real sweetness to it. The characters were strong and well written and both quite interesting for 19 year old's.
Kate
Olivia Montgomery sees college as a chance to reinvent herself – get away from the rumours of high school and make a new start. But when Zach Pearson saunters into her French class, it’s like high school all over again. The gorgeous football player is still as standoffish as ever, pointedly ignoring her and going out of his way to make her feel uncomfortable. But when Liv’s best friend Hope pulls out of the school Paris trip and Zach needs a way to avoid his father over break, the two find thems ...more
Kristin Anders
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I was lucky enough to beta this book (along with a few other ladies). I've never read a New Adult novel prior to this and I was hesitant. Really hesitant.

Oh how wrong I was. Beverley knocked it out of the park - and I haven't even read the finished version yet. I wasn't crazy about the hero until after page 50, but aside from that everything was amazing. Cancel that - Beverley tweaked Mr. Hero and he's swoon worthy the entire way through.

Amazing.

It's New Adult so there are no drawn out
StScho
Olivia Montgomery is starting as a freshman in a college and the last person she expects to walk in her class is her nemesis from high school Zachary Pearson. He is hands-down the most gorgeous guy she has ever had the misfortune to run into. Too bad his personality sucks.

Well, at least when he was around her. And she never knew why.

Zach has his own reasons for avoiding Olivia throughout high school. Just his luck, it’s starting all over again in college. And just like before, she can turn him o
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
What’s this? A New Adult book with a non-player, non-tattooed, non-bad boy? Woohoo! Colour me shocked and amazed. I really enjoyed ‘When in Paris’, particularly because there were real reasons and obstacles to keep the main characters at a distance from one another. So often in romance there’s a dumb misunderstanding that keeps the hero and heroine apart, so it was nice to see something original in that regard. I also liked how Olivia and Zach had a history of attraction but not speaking to one ...more
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I was approached by the author to read her book in exchange for an honest review. Because I was lacking on lighthearted romance, especially with February around the corner, I said yes. I'm glad I did, because it was a fun read!

When in Paris by Beverley Kendall is about Olivia, a girl who is escaping her high school self as a freshman in college. She had a crush on the hottest guy at school, Zach, who never gave her the time of day. In alternating perspectives between Olivia and Zach, we see love
Moon Love
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To say Olivia Montgomery is surprised when she runs into her high school crush Zachary Pearson at college, would be an understatement.  She's never been able to figure out why he ran so cold when it came to her. Zachary has always wanted Olivia but knows he can't have her. When the two end up having French class together, things look like they might change.

You know when you re-read a story or a book that you love it.  Especially when you do it in a short period of time. Just saying.

The story re
Brandy Dorsch
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! Olivia reminded me of how I felt when I moved away from home. You long for the chance to start over and recreate your self. I can only imagine how stunned she felt when Zach walked into her class. It seems like when you think your past is in the past, it walks right in and smacks you in the face.

I understood completely where Zach was coming from and the reasons that he stayed away from Olivia. Family comes first and he did the right thing. However, sometimes destiny i
Stacie
Apr 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book was incredibly painful, but I'd gotten too far into it to quit.

First, the editing (or almost complete lack thereof) was absolutely HORRIFIC. There were surely thousands of missing commas, contractions instead of conjugations, and an all around disregard/misunderstanding of how the English language should work. I know the characters are college freshmen and not PhDs, but there is an instance where Olivia corrects April's grammar and the writing of the book makes that moment beyo
Zehra
Jan 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was so pointless, I don't even.....Lets start at the beginning.

Girl likes Boy. Boy likes Girl. But can't have her because of some shit that went down with his uncle and her mom.

Then they end up in the same college, Girl takes a few tentative steps to try to become friends, which result in them being on speaking terms, school trip takes them to Paris and Boy's like, to hell with the past!! So they give in to their physical attraction and....well, you know what happens next.

The End
Purple
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluff, na, ch-rep-f-lang
A very hormone driven novel.
Zach and Olivia went to the same highschool. Didn't go very well. They meet again in college - French class > the place of a very long stare contest (I didn't bother to count the pages but it was hilariously unbelievably long)
Overall:
- a prejudiced guy, a girl with a perpetual crush
- a BIG secret, lies, cowardice, lust
finally - a HEA

I got more intrigued with Rebecca and Scott. But the next couple is April and Troy. They were dull and April's confession turn
Cyndi Garcia
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just can never get enough of Zac and Oliva. They hated each other in high school and find themselves in the se college. Zac knows Olivia is beautiful and kind but he has other reason to hate her like family secrets. I read this book last summer and decided to read again. There ups and downs of coming of age is cute. This is a college romance. And I'm a sucker for a college romance setting. Love the romance of these 2.
Amy (Turn the Page)
Between 2 and 3 stars.

This wasn't bad, but the relationship between the two main characters was pretty shallow. Not much here apart from lust-filled monologues about each other from the main characters. I like more story and an actual relationship from my romance, not just sex.

Nothing rage inducing - but there were also a few sentences that were too borderline slut-shaming for my liking, which put me off.
Karlene Pitters
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was good read. Well written and more sophisticated then many college/new adult books that I've read. I would highly recommend the entire series. The characters are well developed and likable. The issues were realistic and the story-line was well paced.
Mary
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book! I don't read a lot of New Adult books, but I am so glad I took a chance on this one. Now I have to wait patiently for Troy and Aprils book and then Brett's book. Get to writing Beverley Kendall!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Young Adult Ficti...: Giveaway - Win an iPad Mini 1 16 Jan 02, 2013 06:49PM

• Risk the Night
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • This Love (University of Branton, #1)
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • Lily of the Valley (Flowering, #1.5)
  • Love Unexpected (Unexpected, #1)
  • Finding Grace
  • Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity #2)
  • No Apologies
  • How It Rolls (Love and Skate, #2)
  • Rescue Me
  • Wicked Thing
  • Limits (Silver Strand, #3)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Old Enough to Love... (Just One of the Guys, #1)
  • In a Heartbeat (Heartbeat, #1)
  • The Rush (The Siren, #1)
Click here to sign up for my newsletter to receive news about future releases!

Beverley Kendall has lived on two continents, in three countries, two provinces, and four states. She stopped her nomadic existence and settled in the southeast with her young son. All things artistic feed her creative passion, but none more than writing.

Connect with me on Facebook
Communicate w

Unforgettable You (3 books)
  • All Over You (Unforgettable You, #2)
  • Always Been You (Unforgettable You, #3)
“You want to have your cake and eat it too.
That’s what she’d said. And what the hell does that mean anyway? If I’ve got cake, what else would I do with it? That phrase never made any sense to me.”
3 likes