Start by marking “Heart of the Flame (Dragon Chalice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Heart of the Flame (Dragon Chalice, #2)

Heart of the Flame

(Dragon Chalice #2)

Six months in an enemy’s dungeon might have broken a weaker man, but the former Templar knight Kenrick of Clairmont has emerged from imprisonment with an unyielding determination, consumed by a single, daunting quest: to find the Dragon Chalice, a mystical treasure said to grant its bearer unlimited power. It is a dangerous chase, one that pits Kenrick against foes skilled ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about Heart of the Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of the Flame

Anne
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this series, such a great storyline and characters, Not all focused on romance so the story is really exciting and romance thrown in is just perfect!
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This book, nay, the ending...
 photo tumblr_m4pfv2Uj1J1r3zat8.gif

I was worried at the beginning of this one cos I was not sure how I felt about the circumstances surrounding Kenrick & Haven or more accurately, I wasn't sure how I felt about their pairing period. I think I was still on such a huge high concerning book 1 & Braedon & Ariana, that I was allowing that to cloud my judgment of how things were unfolding here. But once I reached the 35% mark, I realized things were happening just as they should. This 2nd insta
Shelley
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was ok

Kenrick of Clairmont coninues his quest for the dragon chalices. He saves Haven from certain death as she collapses, fever ridden and delirious on the edge of a cliff. They realise they are from different camps, enemy camps in fact, and they must overcome mistrust and misunderstandings in order to achive their goal and accept each other.

As in the first of the Trilogy, I would liked to have learned more about the male character. Perhaps the plot to these stories would have been an excellent foun
L.J. Sealey
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Heart of The Hunter because I saw a review on here from a friend and boy am I glad I did as I really enjoyed it and bought the other 2 in trilogy straight away.

This one I LOVED even more than the first. I liked Kenrick from the start I. heart of The Hunter and fell in love with him in this one. I loved the chemistry between him and Haven. Their relationship felt very real and the storyline picked up its pace in this instalment. It had me gripped and I really couldn't put this one down.

I'
Kat Desi
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Tina St. John aka Lara Adrian is an extraordinary writer, that is all, thank you. :)
Yvonne
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good story
Amanda
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love Lara Adrian, but I am not a fan of this genre. DNF
Janice Jangula
Okay so far

Got done with the first Dragon Chalice book and had to buy the next 2 books. Couldn't wait to read them.
Stevie
3.5 Stars if I could. This is the second in the series of three. Kenrick, the brother of Ariana from the first book who was rescued, started out in my mind as more of a scholar than a knight from his intro. Not so much in this one, he's more warrior with his scholarly knowledge of the history of the Chalice backing him up. Then we meet Haven, who we find out is a shifter. (If you don't get that in the very beginning, sorry, but it's pretty obvious.) I think I have been out of PN for a little too ...more
Richard Hayes
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When Kenrick of Clairmont went to the home of his friend Randwulf (Rand) 0f Graycliff to get an item, the key of the Dragon Chalice and found the place destroyed and all killed, he kwen the secret he had shared with his friend was the cause. When he finds a woman, next to death from a stab wound he knows that he must take her to her home and try to save her and find out what happened. When the girl, Haven, starts to recover he finds that she can not remember what happened and he puts her in the ...more
Jilly
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dragon-chalice
So much better than the first book.

Now we have Kenrick, brother to Ariana of the first book, and Haven who's secret isn't all that hard to figure out.

Kenrick is a stoic and sometimes overbearing lord though his heart is pure and his intentions always honorable. Well, that is until his tempting victim starts moving around his home causing chaos in this heart and soul.

Haven appears to be the soul survivor of the brutal slayings that took place and Kenrick's friend's home. He's determined to find o
K
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
Recommended to K by: found on author's website
Heart of the Flame is the second book in St. John's Dragon Chalice series, and focuses on Kenrick, Ariana's brother and Haven, a mysterious beauty w/ a secret. Since I really enjoyed the first book, I was looking forward to reading this one and seeing where the story would go. And I was not dissapointed. Although I did not find it as good as the first book, I def enjoyed it; especially finding out more about the legend of the Dragon Chalice and it's magical powers and mystical origins. I also li ...more
Cathy Beckett
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-books-read
I loved Kenrick's story. It was fast paced and full of intrigue.

Kenrick has gone to his friend's destroyed home. He had entrusted his friend, Rand, with a key to the Dragon Chalice. While there he finds a woman, Haven, who was the sole survivor of the destruction. Haven has no memory of what happened to Kenrick's friends.

Over several weeks Kenrick and Haven work together to try and find out what happened. They also try to help Haven regain her memories. She knows she is more but not who or what
J.B. Stockings
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Flame is no lie, the romance here sizzles! I have to admit I jumped into the middle of this series and haven't read the first. It didn't hinder my enjoyment of this book, however.

Adrian created a complicated story line that is a joy to unravel right along with the characters, and nearly impossible to put down. A+.
Amber
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Tis a beautifully written book :)
I love that you actually feel like you are back in their time, so innocent, which makes the love these characters share even better. The second book was fantastic and I can't wait till the next comes out.
Kara Callahan
Feb 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked this book better than the first book in the series. Seemed a little slow moving. Just not what I expect from Lara Adrian! Still ordered the final book in the trilogy so I can see what happens.
Betty-Braden
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, ebook
I thought this second book was a little better than the first, but still just kinda average. I'm gonna push through to the third book, but only because I'm super curious to see how they play Rand's story out.
Darlene Chisholm
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Another great read from Lara Adrian. So great that this series received a second chance for fans to enjoy this historical romance. The characters are lovable and the story line keeps you interested into wanting more. I am looking forward to reading the next book following Rand and his adventures.
Janie Weimer
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
That was a cool premise. I like that the heroine had her abilities that helped weave that theme through the series. Very fun book to read and there were enough twists and turns to keep me interested throughout.
Diane Carter
May 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Really took an expected turn to fantasy... not liking that.
Patti Ashley
Feb 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not impressed

The story should revolve around the chalice, but instead focuses on boring characters that do not seem especially likeable. This could have gone so many ways.
Laura Heslin
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart of the flame

Very enjoyable quick read. Well written and the story keeps you involved right up till the very end. Well done
Kate SeRine
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this series!
Naomi Lindsey
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it

Good read. Cheesy ending, though. Still love Lara Adrian and I know this is some of her older work. I would still recommend it to others.
DebM603
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful series

Loved this as much as the first book. Fast paced intriguing plot. Great characters, strong heroine and swoon worthy hero!
Brenda
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was ok but had too many unnecessary details, so much so that I could skip several pages and not miss any of the actual story.
Cyndy
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick, fun & slightly predictable...and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ok. The author does not develop the characters enough to really LOVE them.
Danielle Annett
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book. Lara Adrian's second book in the series was riveting. I was biting my nails through out the novel wondering what would happen between Kenrick and Haven. It was a great read!
Alexandria
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kendrick & Haven

I enjoyed it so much because it shows both of them in a unwilling to let their guard done the walls of protection they have around themselves.

• NightDrake
  • Scoundrel's Kiss (Medieval, #2)
  • Defiant
  • What the Heart Sees
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Wulfson (Blood Sword Legacy Book 2)
  • Abigail Jones (Chronicles of Abigail Jones, #1)
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Lord of Temptation (The Risande Family, #2)
  • The Rogue Prince (Lords of the Var, #4)
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • Never Resist Temptation
Pseudonym of Lara Adrian

A Michigan native and descendant of Mayflower passenger Governor William Bradford, Tina St. John makes her home in coastal New England with her husband, the inspiration for all her heroes and her most devoted fan. The couple are the caretakers of two rescued felines who have trained them to surrender treats, tuna, and belly rubs on command.

She quit a full-time corporate job

Dragon Chalice (3 books)
  • Heart of the Hunter  (Dragon Chalice, #1)
  • Heart of the Dove (Dragon Chalice, #3)